Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3944) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4821138 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3941) (3942) (3943) (3944) (3945) (3946) (3947) ... (5707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by goluwatobi(m): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2021
Toyota Corolla
2004 Model
First Body

Everything & Gear performance Grade A
Engine is very silent with no fault At all
Lactation: Lagos

Price 1.6m Only

Contact Me On

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
Conner44:

If Nigeria has a dracula policy undecided

Then safe to say that Afghanistan has the van helsing type lol grin

Nor be everybody been pass GNS/GST without rubber neck that year sha and Nigerians naturally shy away from reading novels or books. we will overcome

Today I need ibuprofen for headache from reading this thread

My mouth no dey o lipsrsealed
Lol

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2021
bolutic:
I drive long distances before bolt cames out mind you sir I use manual not auto manual is for man not baby driver he told me 45k but I told him I will get back to him.just drop off only every month bolt charge 38k to 47k

Your response sounds antogoliatic like... Anyways

I guess you already have what you seek.

And sorry for quoting you earlier will mind my lane next time
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yusufdayo1: 7:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
Felicity001:

Let him follow the family advice... He can get a rental to study and understand the uber business to know if he should get a loan to either buy a car or use the loan to build on the land. Besides where does want to get a loan now? From relatives, cooperative or cooperate bank? With which collateral?

I don't think rental will be a better option for the e-hailing business cos he wanna do it on part time basis, probably weekends. I think the loan will come from cooperative
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2021
goluwatobi:
Toyota Corolla
2004 Model
First Body

Everything & Gear performance Grade A
Engine is very silent with no fault At all
Lactation: Lagos

Price 1.6m Only

Contact Me On

1.2 million, and we have a deal?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RocAid(m): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
IFSHR:

Yes they do, as long as the model year is 2003 upward for bolt....2000 upward for Uber.

Thanks so much for this.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
XGhost:

I see your perspective... Maybe it's my bias for uber, if no be say... I won't go near bolt for anything

Me too oo...I like Uber more than Bolt...but business is business. No loyalty mehnnnnn...
I tried to convince myself that they are both the same thing, I drove with both Apps on, anyone that trip enter I follow up. until early last year I experimented driving alternating Uber and Bolt solely on daily basis. the days I drove Bolt, I made far more than d days I drove on Uber. Minus the commission sef, I grossed more on Bolt than the days I drove on Uber. I did this for 1full month, then I left Uber App inside freezer grin
The only thing I miss Uber for is their compensation when a rider doesn't pay for the fare. But If I am forced to use Uber for any reason today, I will miss Bolt for so many reasons.
But the day another company offers more earnings, Bolt sef go take back seat. Make Lyft do come naija sef.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
Felicity, where do you get this energy to type this epistles? We @ your fans are tired oo... haba!

Signed
Management.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
cybertron88:
Please is an Honda Accord 04 V6 suitable for this business? I intend using mine as a side hustle doing few trips after work then full time on weekends. Please I need advise.

Of course, but you need to dey save money as you dey make am. Cos one day the car will want to eat from your savings.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2021
yusufdayo1:

I don't think rental will be a better option for the e-hailing business cos he wanna do it on part time basis, probably weekends. I think the loan will come from cooperative

My advice is base on the information I've at my disposal.

Since you know what is best your friend then kindly give him advice
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2021
mrjaydee:
Felicity, where do you get this energy to type this epistles? We @ your fans are tired oo... haba!

Signed
Management.
gringrin
During my primary school days I used to do essay writing and debate competition which you know requires a lot of writings.

With the absense of the internet then critical thinking, arguments/discussions with class or team mates with research via reading wide were the only means to make a good writing ready for debate.

So I supposed you now know where I got my writing skills from though I lost a lot of those skills to academic diversion and lack of regular practice (writings). Calculations took overgrin

Writing most times is like a spirit (inspiration), once you get inspired what ever you write becomes a piece worth millions but documentation of it is very important because if you lose it? You'll never be able to write the same article exactly the way the initial one was.

In a nutshell, write is fungrin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
mrjaydee:

Signed
Management.

We need to query Oxford, Webster and google for not knowing this word angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
seyicodes:
Thank you very much boss for your response.. I don't know or have Mr Uche contact email. Please can you assist me with Mr Uche email address .. I don't know why they blocked me oo.. I am always friendly with most 9f my client .. I am not rude to them at all except 1 who said I should switch off my music because I am playing Naira Marley music.
Mr uche sounds weird grin
We call him uche wink
I don't have his number, check one of his numerous messages on your app maybe you will see a way to contact him there

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
izzou:

1.2 million, and we have a deal?

You dey price wetin you never drive!?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
Felicity001:

They have the market already bros but their strict business policy is what is kicking against them, who knows if they've a standing contract or franchise in Nigeria because I see no reason why they still don't want to shift grounds even with numerous calls from both drivers partners and the customer- riders about some of their policies.

What will it take to at least review destination of a ride request?

Allow drivers to cancel without haven to drive 5km to PU then wait 5min b4 cancelling on every trip the driver doesn't wish to embark on due to destination not been reviewed at the point of accepting the ride. It's a stupid, crazy and senseless policy to say the least.

Another annoying thing is you can't even mail them unless via their app weather as a rider or a driver... Nonsense!

So if BAZ001 eventually migrate to the USA now Will they tell him to go on a trip to where he doesn't even know at all? grin

Will they go bankrupt if they reduce commission to say 18% or re-introduce a similar campaign like the one they had b4 the lockdown? 3% after 20 rides in a week... Mad campaign... See how drivers where well behaved and working hard and cashing out and making money for them as well then.

Now consider these things:

No pension for drivers

No health care for drivers

No Bonus/incentives

No festive/new year package

No cheap loan facilities for drivers to assist them with fixing of their car or carry out some medical bill payment or add up to get a car

No retirement benefit say after partnership with them for some numbers of years.

At the last round table meeting bolt said they are working on their app to make sure drivers are very close to PU before swiping arrive... cos most drivers swipe arrive before pick up and paid waiting is 15minutes before riders enters the car. So they don’t want you to click arrived before you get close.

Baba I dey on my way already but I pray never ever to drive as hustle home and abroad.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
Felicity001:

Your response sounds antogoliatic like... Anyways

I guess you already have what you seek.

And sorry for quoting you earlier will mind my lane next time
Na you dey give them talk talk. Bros no crime in using simple English grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 9:23pm On Aug 17, 2021
mrjaydee:

Signed
Management.
Your fast forward button no dey work? I can lend you mine grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
Crvrider:

You dey price wetin you never drive!?

Na from that price I wan start to negotiate.

Even if e be like direct Tokunboh, na the money wey I get be that

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2021
BAZ001:

At the last round table meeting bolt said they are working on their app to make sure drivers are very close to PU before swiping arrive... cos most drivers swipe arrive before pick up and paid waiting is 15minutes before riders enters the car. So they don’t want you to click arrived before you get close.

Baba I dey on my way already but I pray never ever to drive as hustle home and abroad.

Let them do it and see how things fall out to be.

Wow! Really?!! You mean say u dey on ur way to America like this? Even at this time when Taliban don take over? Guy reason am well oh

some ppl won't like this news oohgringrin

So how about your low millage car? You sell am? U for use am sow a seed in my life or that of pope191 nagrin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RUDEBOYY(m): 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
Please can someone help me and explain what this means I'm new in this

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
RUDEBOYY:
You've been blocked, take a rest tomorrow morning den go back to work by 2pm

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
Felicity001:

Let them do it and see how things fall out to be.

Wow! Really?!! You mean say u dey on ur way to America like this? Even at this time when Taliban don take over? Guy reason am well oh

some ppl won't like this news oohgringrin

So how about your low millage car? You sell am? U for use am sow a seed in my life or that of pope191 nagrin

Na the matter I dey reason since ooh.
America and fight are like 5&6
Someone will wake up one day go to a store and start shooting people and they will say he is mad. But if you consider 1$ to N500 e go better to go and take the risk. Which country safe ?

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2021
RUDEBOYY:

I like this info, cos it specifies what you did wrong or why you were blocked.
You rejected 30% of your trip. though I feel bolt is biased or unless it’s a new rule. Cos most times I cross to 28% /30% cos of pearl1910 advise and never been warned.

This is an eye opener. Na to dey shuttle cancellation be dt

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
XGhost:
In other un-driving related news, the grammar here, nna mehn. Its terribly amusing. Sometimes I can't read posts fully. The construction of sentences, spellings, faulty use of tenses, OMG!!! I believe some folks basically spell-as-pronounced cos mannnn I can't comprehend.
AND IT'S HIRE, HIRE, HIRE PURCHASE... as in to HIRE/RENT-TO-OWN NOT HIGHER PURCHASE.
Thanks you for thanking me, don't menchon it.

We've been resisting the surge since and you just came to do what? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
Rider: Please take me to Paradise Estate, we want to quickly see someone.
Me: Hope we won't stay long?
Rider 2: What kind of rubbish question is that? Of what relevance is her staying long have on you?
Me: We will find out.

Time Check... 11:48pm
Date: 16/08/2021

We arrive Paradise Estate (Nothern Foreshore).. Meanwhile destination was Thomas Estate (Alasia).

Me: (After 10 seconds she alighted from the car, Rider 2 and Rider 3 were still inside. I end the ride fortunately was a card trip. Fare was 600 naira.) Your trip has ended, Please go down.

Rider 3: But the guy is not here yet. The guy she came to see is not even here and you are saying we should go down, where do you want us to stay?

Me: (Start my engine and started reversing) Madam, I am going home, its almost midnight and curfew starts by 12 besides the App closes by 12, so we can't have a business after now.

Rider 1: (Rush in, Ah! What's the meaning of this, you ended the ride, why?) Is it because its a card trip?
Me: Even if it was cowries, I would have collected my money from you here and now.

The guy showed up, she was explaining to him, baba just came to me, Bro, drop them and be going.

Me: With all pleasure!

8mins later...

KPK was playing (my phone was ringing)

Me: Hello Good evening
Lady: Please bros its Rebecca the girl you just dropped at Paradise Estate please we can't order a ride as the App won't allow. Please come and take us home we will pay you.

Me: (Smile like Felicity) Its 8k.
Lady: Haba Bro, no be so, abeg na. Road free, Abeg make we give you 3k.
Me: (After Thomas Estate, my house will be just 7mins)... 5k because I don almost reach lekki toll gate like this.
Lady: Oya na.

I got there, one mind say make I ask of the money fes. One mind say no, them no reach. We started the trip, got to destination this babe gave me 3,500 grin say bros na the last money wey dey my hand be this. Good night smiley

I just laugh, tell am good night. on my way, I buy suya 5H, use the 3k buy fuel to start work the next day.

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
BAZ001:

Sounds ridiculous

What if the actual pickup is different from the one on the app.?

You'll drive to the location on the app to arrive before you go to pick the rider cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 11:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
BAZ001:

I like this info, cos it specifies what you did wrong or why you were blocked.
You rejected 30% of your trip. though I feel bolt is biased or unless it’s a new rule. Cos most times I cross to 28% /30% cos of pearl1910 advise and never been warned.

This is an eye opener. Na to dey shuttle cancellation be dt

Are you sure you read that screenshot?

What that thing is saying is that the guy has either cancelled or not picked 30% of his orders since he started driving on bolt.

This means the one bolt shows us on the app which tracks our last 50 rides is irrelevant. They have their own "tracker" which they will use to drop a hammer on a driver irrespective of what's on his app.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by themindpen(m): 11:16pm On Aug 17, 2021
Good evening house,

Please I would like to have our comments ass regards Corolla 03 LE for the job.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2021
morax101:
Got this in the mail just now. Let’s the competition begins but I just don’t know what’s wrong with their team, all what they need to do is to show destination and that’s what’s up mehn. Can’t embark on a trip without any idea of where I am going to in this Lagos and that’s why I use them for destination trips alone.
What bolt have been doing since few days ago, I noticed short trips always end at 600 unlike the former 500h

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:37pm On Aug 17, 2021
XGhost:

I don't agree with you on the fares. I don't think most Uber riders mind the fare really, and I'm saying this cos I ask a lot of riders I converse with why they do bolt instead of Uber. It's mostly because of the pickup times and drivers refusing to go where they're going. BUT it's mostly pickup times. Bolt rides are usually closer to the rider since bolt mostly assigns trips based on proximity. Drivers also don't want to drive 5kms to pickup someone going maybe 10km, and this is me being generous, many times pickup distances are longer than the actual trip, so drivers will rightfully cancel.This has greatly impacted on their reliability. Many drivers ported, riders ported too.
If they switch to assignment by proximity, show rider destination along with these fares, BOOM... I'm game.
I've always preferred Uber as a company but man's gotta secure the bag.
True
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexini: 12:25am On Aug 18, 2021
Just get paid…

CheerfulGiver:
Who cares? My grandmother always says "call me foolish, but pay me correct". You made money, that's all. Who hasn't been insulted in the course of their jobs? I've seen bankers being insulted on top suit and tie, inside bank, by their bosses.

Make them resign if them born them well na. grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3941) (3942) (3943) (3944) (3945) (3946) (3947) ... (5707) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Ceenelly(m), IFSHR, Kaymaxi2222(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.