Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4820241 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3945) (3946) (3947) (3948) (3949) (3950) (3951) ... (5706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
IFSHR:

I hope it's not that guy that always post about car papers...because this like the 3rd person complaining about been scammed of car paper stuff....

If you mean Mr. Owolabi, then he's very genuine and deliver as schedule. No jibiti
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
tojahh:

If you mean Mr. Owolabi, then he's very genuine and deliver as schedule. No jibiti

Ok noted boss....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2021
FuckEveryday:

Sometimes I try to imagine if all the roads in Nigeria is safe and accessible to cars, how much one will easily make doing Uber.

This country is fvcked.

See bros, doing Uber in obodo oyibo is a full time job. There people do ride share and cover distances that make them go on just one trip and net an equivalent of N100k in a day and go home to rest. Their land is vast and road networks is superb. Google map or wayze is their paddi as all roads are mapped accordingly.

That place isn’t like Nigeria where people look down on some hustles as low level. Over there even plumbing jobs cost an arm and a leg compared to our pricing here. Plumbers there drive the latest cars and live very comfortable lives sending their kids to awesome schools.

Nigeria is blessed with a huge population, diverse natural resources, dependable external allied nations and a relatively small enough landmass to manage.

Our only problem are these leaders who refuse to pass the baton to the people once touted to be the ‘leaders of tomorrow’

But by his grace we shall overcome in this our generation. Let’s just try to survive for now, very soon we shall start living

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
Conner44:

That your car will go to sokoto and come back no Wahala so far your cooling system and oil pump is working well. If you’re going to delta then you’d not encounter bad roads on your journey so I suggest you take the contract and cash out so far you know your way.

One state in usa is bigger than Nigeria and folks there drive to and from work covering an average of almost 70-100 miles or more daily racking up mileage before selling it off as tokumbo to us here in Nigeria.

Then you’re afraid of taking same car on a 200 kilometer journey just because you feel your car has a small stature?

Even 1950’s Volkswagen Beetle goes from Lagos to east and back that year no Wahala. Come remain 2010 Kia Rio

If you know where this my papa own don reach inside this country. This car is the sole reason I can beat my chest and say any SOUND CAR will go as long as the terrain permits.
This car na my dad's jewel. He's always proud to tell you "I bought it in 1981 for slightly above 1000 Naira". Then he'll go on to tell you he has never had an accident with it, "except when that stupid mechanic, George, got drunk and had an accident with it". Or when that thief, John, was collecting money from him and buying fake parts, he even it zinc and used somewhere in the engine compartment at one time.
Then he'll go ahead to say there's no journey he's had to make that he didn't take that car.
No matter what, other cars have come and gone but he will never let this one go.
The car is still on my wishlist, but I'll turn it into a Baja bug. Exactly as pictured, so help me God

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nickvanilla(m): 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2021
northbird:
@ agent x. Sorry about your ordeal. If you are on acme going to akilo. You must be on the left lane. Probably you were on the right lane.

It's a unwritten rule, always central lock. 247.
Windows slightly up. If you are on the mainland.

Please explain further. I don't usually pass that route but help me understand. From ACME to Akilo road, you are either cutting left to Akilo road or cutting right. Why should you maintain left when you intend to make a right turn. I beg your Indulgence.

Or were you referring to the roundabout near Ogba magistrate court? See the pictures below.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ksmart027(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2021
hoodboy:
Abeg why is bolt not transparent with their rating. All of a sudden my regular 4.8 dropped drastically to 4.5 and my car is in very good condition plus wasn’t doing anything out of my usual methods, got the ban and served it. I resumed today and did only 3 trips where I was tipped twice, checked my rating and it had dropped to 4.47. Na so I vex start to go house angry . See my correspondence with bolt on this issue
My brother bolt rating na pure scam, my rating has been on 4.70 for a long time, after I ended a trip, my rating increased to 4.75, I got a request immediately, took rider to her destination, end trip and I saw my rating drop to 4.65 all these happened less than a hour. I fired a message to bolt and I got a message similar to yours.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pleasureosondu(m): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
XGhost:

If you know where this my papa own don reach inside this country. This car is the sole reason I can beat my chest and say any SOUND CAR will go as long as the terrain permits.
This car na my dad's jewel. He's always proud to tell you "I bought it in 1981 for slightly above 1000 Naira". Then he'll go on to tell you he has never had an accident with it, "except when that stupid mechanic, George, got drunk and had an accident with it". Or when that thief, John, was collecting money from him and buying fake parts, he even it zinc and used somewhere in the engine compartment at one time.
Then he'll go ahead to say there's no journey he's had to make that he didn't take that car.
No matter what, other cars have come and gone but he will never let this one go.
The car is still on my wishlist, but I'll turn it into a Baja bug. Exactly as pictured, so help me God
till date, na tortoise car I dey still call that car o. That car na legend for my area for Benin City(Upper Mission) those days. As kids, if we dey play ball for road and that car dey pass, we stop all play and wave Mr Basil. Ball Don end b dat cos nobody wan break d glass. Life was too good then.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2021
Conner44:

See bros, doing Uber in obodo oyibo is a full time job. There people do ride share and cover distances that make them go on just one trip and net an equivalent of N100k in a day and go home to rest. Their land is vast and road networks is superb. Google map or wayze is their paddi as all roads are mapped accordingly.

But by his grace we shall overcome in this our generation. Let’s just try to survive for now, very soon we shall start living

I swear bro, another major factor I love is the different options of different cars they have available for them. We can't even use Audi, which has some 1.8l engine models here, superb handling, semi luxury feel, e.t.c

Toyota Prius nkor? Why does it have to be a Corolla which costs a arm and a leg to buy?

Our country doesn't even enforce driver benefits on these platforms like they Do in the UK and US. We don't even have the luxury of Ride Sharing options except Uber / Bolt. All these combined with majority of the job based on the island. Even Abuja doesn't come close.

This country is beyond redemption. It's a sad truth everyone needs to accept. I just hope to leave sooner rather than later cus thinking about these things alone makes one sad.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2021
XGhost:

Exactly ! It really made me sad to see people discouraging that guy to take his 2010 Kia Rio to delta. Imagine, just to Delta oh somewhere near here. Highest 4 - 5 hour journey even with traffic.

I’ll still say it again. with good radiator, cooling fans and relays, oil pump and tires any car can go anywhere.

The only advantage bigger engine or chassis cars have over smaller ones is speed and balance. The advantage the small engine and body cars have over larger ones is mpg and ‘snaking through traffic ‘

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2021
northbird:
@ agent x. Sorry about your ordeal. If you are on acme going to akilo. You must be on the left lane. Probably you were on the right lane.

It's a unwritten rule, always central lock. 247.
Windows slightly up. If you are on the mainland.

Isn’t that bad driving though? To turn right from the left lane? Shouldn’t one be on a right lane to turn right and left lane to turn left?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
FuckEveryday:

I swear bro, another major factor I love is the different options of different cars they have available for them. We can't even use Audi, which has some 1.8l engine models here, superb handling, semi luxury feel, e.t.c

Toyota Prius nkor? Why does it have to be a Corolla which costs a arm and a leg to buy?

Our country doesn't even enforce driver benefits on these platforms like they Do in the UK and US. We don't even have the luxury of Ride Sharing options except Uber / Bolt. All these combined with majority of the job based on the island. Even Abuja doesn't come close.

This country is beyond redemption. It's a sad truth everyone needs to accept. I just hope to leave sooner rather than later cus thinking about these things alone makes one sad.

The country is bad, but what is worse is how most Nigerians don’t see it or don’t care, else, why would they keep electing people that don’t care?

I’m sure if you or I were elected as governor, based on our shared hatred for bad roads, we would improve the road networks, but would the masses vote for the likes of us? No!!

Tribe over everything in this country, even reason.

No one cares about open gutters, no lanes on highways, hawkers everywhere, bad roads...

All they want to do is shout Tinubu 2023 or some other useless slogan.

I pray one day Nigerians will wake up, or the country breaks apart and the emerging nations wake up.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Isn’t that bad driving though? To turn right from the left lane? Shouldn’t one be on a right lane to turn right and left lane to turn left?

He mentioned traffic light going to Akilo.
The only working traffic light on Acme road connecting Akilo is at the acme /metal box road intersection.

So I assumed if he was heading towards Akilo. He should be on the left lane since he is going straight.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 7:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
FuckEveryday:

I know I’d invest in ride share here one day soon either by driving by myself part time or leasing out a vehicle but I can never ever buy that corolla. See the vehicles on my wishlist for the job below:

Toyota prius
Honda Civic hybrid
Honda Insight

If you like call me crazy but highest id import parts from USA to change defective ones and sacrifice two weeks of downtime. The fuel utilization of these cars engines is out of this world tori-olorhun and as at today mechanics are working on hybrids in Lagos.

Nigerians naturally are a ‘crowd mentality‘ specie of human beings. Corolla was the norm everywhere until dru23 opened Nairaland guys eyes to civic then it became the new rave.

Bet me when I start using my future hybrid and give feedback here you’d see a mad rush for that kind of vehicle from Uber drivers starting from here on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:38pm On Aug 18, 2021
nickvanilla:

Please explain further. I don't usually pass that route but help me understand. From ACME to Akilo road, you are either cutting left to Akilo road or cutting right. Why should you maintain left when you intend to make a right turn. I beg your Indulgence.

Or were you referring to the roundabout near Ogba magistrate court? See the pictures below.
Agent X mentioned traffic light. So I assumed he was at the Acme /metal box road traffic light.
I'm not sure the traffic light at acme/akilo road is working.
Lastma most times don't hang around a dysfunctional traffic system, it's bad market, they only cluster around the functional ones, in this case, acme/metal box.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2021
northbird:

He mentioned traffic light going to Akilo.
The only working traffic light on Acme road connecting Akilo is at the acme /metal box road intersection.

So I assumed if he was heading towards Akilo. He should be on the left lane since he is going straight.

Ok gotcha!! Had to study the map, though, I thought op said he was turning right to “somewhere”
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hoodboy(m): 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2021
ksmart027:

My brother bolt rating na pure scam, my rating has been on 4.70 for a long time, after I ended a trip, my rating increased to 4.75, I got a request immediately, took rider to her destination, end trip and I saw my rating drop to 4.65 all these happened less than a hour. I fired a message to bolt and I got a message similar to yours.

It’s so sad, they should make it more transparent, even inDriver has better rating tech than bolt
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2021
Conner44:

I know I’d invest in ride share here one day soon either by driving by myself part time or leasing out a vehicle but I can never ever buy that corolla. See the vehicles on my wishlist for the job below:

Toyota prius
Honda Civic hybrid
Honda Insight

If you like call me crazy but highest id import parts from USA to change defective ones and sacrifice two weeks of downtime. The fuel utilization of these cars engines is out of this world tori-olorhun and as at today mechanics are working on hybrids in Lagos.

Nigerians naturally are a ‘crowd mentality‘ specie of human beings. Corolla was the norm everywhere until dru23 opened Nairaland guys eyes to civic then it became the new rave.

Bet me when I start using my future hybrid and give feedback here you’d see a mad rush for that kind of vehicle from Uber drivers starting from here on Nairaland

If only electric vehicles were cheap, I’m sure all the people driving on this thread would switch the SAME DAY!! Even the EV unbelievers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2021
VaselineCrew:

If only electric vehicles were cheap, I’m sure all the people driving on this thread would switch the SAME DAY!! Even the EV unbelievers

grin
Hybrids are generally cheaper than Corolla in Nigeria today. Leave electric vehicles for now till our federal government repairs Nepa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
Conner44:

grin
Hybrids are generally cheaper than Corolla in Nigeria today. Leave electric vehicles for now till our federal government repairs Nepa

I knew it!!!!

Too many unbelievers in Nigeria men!

Yet you are using your electric phone without stress of NEPA

It’s just the price men, but the efficiency is second to none; no hybrid, ice or hydrogen vehicle can compete EVERR!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2021
Gabrinchi256:

So lets always watch the one on the dashboard, maintain it within limit and we will never fallout on the invisible one if it exists.
Cos the one on the dashboard is tougher, so It is very useful as a guide. Assuming there is an invisible one which they use to hack drivers.

Even on this thread, someone has either been warned or blocked (can't remember which) on a 20% passenger did not show. How will looking at the dashboard have helped him avoid being blocked?

I have also been on 28% passenger did not show and did not even get any warning. I'm on 26% at the moment and still no warning meanwhile I've gotten warnings when on far less percentage.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2021
Conner44:

That place isn’t like Nigeria where people look down on some hustles as low level. Over there even plumbing jobs cost an arm and a leg compared to our pricing here. Plumbers there drive the latest cars and live very comfortable lives sending their kids to awesome schools.

Nigeria is blessed with a huge population, diverse natural resources, dependable external allied nations and a relatively small enough landmass to manage.

Our only problem are these leaders who refuse to pass the baton to the people once touted to be the ‘leaders of tomorrow’

Stop it!!! Start living bawo. We never even survive finish you're talking about start livinggrin

Can you see what that man signed 2days ago? Does that look like living to you? No living for any southerner so forget it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2021
davit:
Crvrider Na you be this?

negetive.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by checkmatez: 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2021
Goodday ,
Am in Lagos state and I have a Peugeot 406 (manual transmission) for lease....who is willing to use it and remit > #20,000 weekly.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
hoodboy:
Abeg why is bolt not transparent with their rating. All of a sudden my regular 4.8 dropped drastically to 4.5 and my car is in very good condition plus wasn’t doing anything out of my usual methods, got the ban and served it. I resumed today and did only 3 trips where I was tipped twice, checked my rating and it had dropped to 4.47. Na so I vex start to go house angry . See my correspondence with bolt on this issue

I have always said this. If you want to know your actual rating, ask your rider to show you your rating on their app. The rider app displays the actual rating.

I was once on 4.75 and got two terrible riders back to back and I was sure I'm getting one star from both. When I got home, my rating was still on 4.75 but I knew it was a scam.

Fired up my rider app, booked myself and guess what I saw? 4.5. I know from experience that the actual rating is below 4.5 but bolt approximates to the nearest decimal. I knew that the bolt hammer was coming and I'm getting blocked.

I went out immediately and did my thing. By the time I was done, booked myself again and I started seeing 4.6. In all of these, my rating was still displaying 4.75 on my own app. If I had not been smart about it, they would have just shown me 4.4whatever one day and blocked me immediately.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 8:45pm On Aug 18, 2021
Thanks a bunches boss
This manual car is a means to an end
Y1nka:

Honest reply : It is stressful.

You have to deal with traffic, stop lights , long drive in traffic may ache ur left knee due to frequent clutching. And this is lagos, there is no driving without traffic regularly.

Perks are : you can easily push n start ur car when battery dies, sometimes parts are cheaper, its a more affordable option than the automatic.

Advice: if you can squeeze some cash out for ehailing pls buy auto.

If you cant , well half bread is better than now, starr shifting!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:47pm On Aug 18, 2021
You this Bazoo1, e be like say you like wahala. You want make them push start the plane when go carry you travel go obodo oyinbo

BAZ001:

I don laugh roll for floor

Biko Abeg u CRVrider plssss na beg I dey beg u...
We are discussing something serious here, how to get a scammer or refunds.

Why would u start by saying almost everyone of us here drives? You and I know that it’s only one person that learnt how to drive at old age and doesn’t still know how to drive till.

Plsss don’t derail the thread now.
Let sleeping dog lie in chilex8 voice, before you start seeing mama’s cooking

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2021
Felicity001:

@ Pearl1910 and kanuisagoat please look closely at the last paragraph from the correspondent responds to the op... What do you understand from it?

"The more trips you accept and complete the higher it goes and the fewer trips you accept the lower it goes."

Meaning, you have to either cancel or don't accept some trip request for you to accept fewer trips na

But cancelled trip are said not to count, What kind of a contradicting statement is that?

They are referencing the activity score and not rating
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bobbiet(m): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2021
Good evening pilots.

Is there anything I should know about civic 03 to 05?

I got a balance and carry offer for 3.2 in 20months.

What am I to know about his car and what are the major problems associated with this brand?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2021
Abeg who has the contact of a good auto gear repairer.

Thanks in advance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
XGhost:

OmG!!! My friend will you take this thing to the museum?

grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pleasureosondu(m): 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2021
Felicity001:

OmG!!! My friend will you take this thing to the museum?

grin
I dey tell you. As kids, we had huge respect for that car then. Moreover, very few folks had personal cars. Meaning you had to be a decent salary earner / business owner to buy one. Most times, as kids we dey beg our friend ( one of Mr Basil's sons) make we just touch the motor. And Wen we do, we fit no wash that hand again throughout that day cos we go dey happy. Chia, good old days. If I have a second chance to 'return ", I'll gladly do it. Not this present time that's full of pain- if no b Boko Haram to bandits, e go b Fulani herdsmen to police wahala or Las Las, bolt and uber go block bcoz of rating.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2021
VaselineCrew:

I knew it!!!!

Too many unbelievers in Nigeria men!

Yet you are using your electric phone without stress of NEPA

It’s just the price men, but the efficiency is second to none; no hybrid, ice or hydrogen vehicle can compete EVERR!!!

Lol baba you have to be objective when reasoning these things that concern electricity in Nigeria. Even here people like to buy android phones with big big battery capacity and add power bank join just to beat our epileptic power supply situation in Nigeria.

But concerning electric vehicles and ‘unbelievers’ well you have a point. I myself believe in electric vehicles for personal use in Nigeria BUT NOT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES YET still due to nepa wahala here.

But check it, a Tesla, Nissan Leaf etc has an average total range of ~300-400 kilometers on a full battery. In a day how many kilometers do you think an Uber driver in Lagos covers? If it is around this same range then I guess charging your vehicles overnight would help you cover working for the next day if you fight the urge to be driving without a passenger all the time. For this reason I’d definitely consider buying an EV.

Finally my issue would be recharging the vehicle. Nepa is not certain. Using a generator defeats the purpose of the vehicle and even if you purchased a ‘fast charging station’ I’d never wager on Nepa allowing you use it effectively.

I am a believer in taking baby steps before leaping. I’d do a hybrid before an EV here in Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3945) (3946) (3947) (3948) (3949) (3950) (3951) ... (5706) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Pearl1910, Donbrowser9, herkeem and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.