Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4044) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4735315 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4041) (4042) (4043) (4044) (4045) (4046) (4047) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:42am On Sep 12, 2021
Nezzjnr:

We need to carry this discussion elsewhere Sir

I want to know more about the Feasibility study
Me that I am following and jotting down some things nko, carry me follow body to that elsewhere biko
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:58am On Sep 12, 2021
davit:
The tag along issue Na wa. Na them dey make issue pass. Obviously, this is general. Just don't know why it is so.
Na so e dey be even for bar. Person wey dem dey buy drinks for voice dey always loud pass person wey dey buy own.
I think why they do it is because they want to impress the person buying/paying so in their mind they're protecting his/her interest
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nickvanilla(m): 6:03am On Sep 12, 2021
Noone7:

Brotherly...... How far, I wanna talk to you on an offer. Pls drop your mail so we can communicate

I've sent you a p.m
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 6:31am On Sep 12, 2021
deedee44:

Me that I am following and jotting down some things nko, carry me follow body to that elsewhere biko
Na Felicity001 i dey wait for oo grin cheesy

Na him wan teach me the cassava stuff
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:42am On Sep 12, 2021
MoonlightDrive:
Has Bolt awakened uber Naija the sleeping ride-hailing giant
Feli what is likely to be Bolt response.
Cheerfulgiver a data comparison needed.
Crvrider will you still remain loyal to indrive?
Good times ahead for drivers!

Okokobioko! This is where we die!! I'm warming up!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:47am On Sep 12, 2021
nickvanilla:
Good Morning Pilots. How the hustle dey go? So I have officially been relegated to the league of the lazy drivers. Got a new job (8 to 5) so it's been difficult doing it along with this hustle. But it's all good.

Pilots taking trip to Lagos Island, you guys need to exercise caution oo. Especially if you don't know the area well. Yesterday morning while going to work, I took a destination trip to Lagos Island (I work in Ikoyi). I entered a street and these CBD boys were in front of me. One was waving a stick and the other started focusing his phone's camera on my plate number, probably for evidence.

I was already slowing down because they were directly in my path. Then my brain remembered one way, how I lost a huge sum of money to task force like 3 weeks ago. Omo! I just put my foot down on the pedal and started maneuvering. Turned left into one street and took the next right on full speed.

My riders were shouting. They didn't even understand what was going on. Eventually I escaped. So guys be careful. There are no signs whatsoever and Google maps is a bastard grin.

Wanted to go out today but I've opted to watch EPL. Something special is happening by 3PM today. wink

Congratulations on ur new job baba God bless you real good and welcome to lazy drivers leaguegrin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:50am On Sep 12, 2021
peeps4u:
I'm so happy for you.

God wey do that go add another soon.

Now, the abuse go change from "you've been driving for years and don't have a car of your own" to something else.

Dem no dey catch latecomers for success, today, you're now a car owner on the platform together with others, and overtaking is even allowed. I salute that you didn't let those words hit you.

More blessings and good luck to everyone of us.

Thank you my spiritual brother I appreciate you. God bless you real good.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 7:03am On Sep 12, 2021
deedee44:

This is the first time I can say I enjoyed your epistle and it's the longest one for that matter. I can read it over and over without getting bored. Nice one bro and congratulations once again. More grace

Thanks to a low key boss deedee44
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:05am On Sep 12, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Not necessarily. You can go in and out of the acceptance and cancellation rate as many times as mathematically possible. The main thing is, before the end of the campaign, your acceptance and cancellation must be within the set threshold and the bonus is yours.

Lol ..Don't tempt yourself or ur bonus will flee. U have max of 1 ignored and 1 cancelled to maintain 90% and 85% Acceptance and Completion Rate when u are targeting 10 trips. Except you are going to complete upto 25trips in a day then u can miss/cancel 2 trips without waiting for 3mins minimum.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:10am On Sep 12, 2021
SHOOPSYN:

This is another lapses of the bonus. It is better to cancel the subsequent bonus than revoking the whole bonus. After taking the car to Lambe and Orchid road just to earn the bonus, and by evening, you decided not to go to Itamaga, and fiam, bonus is revoked. It is better to ignore the bonuses and concentrate on very good trips.
@Baz001, grin. please can you tag your car with your name for just a day, may be I will see you somewhere.

Aulterio motive: to scratch your car grin grin. You are not joining that ant league, we need you here in LD under the tree club.
@Felicity001, Congratulations bro. More hudlum activities to your elbow. grin

We have said it a million times on this thread how not to complete every trip and ur bonus or activity remains intact.

People always make d mistake of thinking high earners complete every trip and go anywhere...but the reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:18am On Sep 12, 2021
komodapson:
@Bazoo @Felicity

My Ordeal with indriver was not good at all.
I picked up this dude at 1004. The destination showed Ojodu Berger and the trip fare was N3010. At the PU point, the lad said he'll be making a transfer as his mode of payment, neither do I sense anything contrary to his request.

Approaching Ojodu Berger, the map destination showed he is heading towards Agbole akute, then I asked where exactly his he going to? He replied akute-ajuwon. It was a rainy day. I said to him, I won't be able to go further pass the agbole bridge, I'll have to drop you at the foot of the bridge. Passenger said no problem.
On getting to the agreed destination, he disembarked from the vehicle but his items were still inside, went to negotiate with the bike riders. I didn't have any premonition that he'll be doing anything stupid. He came back hurriedly, requested for my account details in which I spelt out correctly. He confirmed the name of the account, he said done and quickly hopped on bike that was stationed in front of him, they zoomed off.

Waited earnestly for the money to drop but to no avail. I was marvelled. Presumably, He should be in his 20s ó. I'm still in shock ó.
I tried calling him,can't reach him he has blacklisted my number. Tried with other line, he picked up...heard my voice and blacklisted the line also.

In fact...I totally subscribe to @felicity submission about indriver riders as : low lifers and individuals living in privation.

Try to complain to support but there response is not encouraging. Seems their is no penalty for such action(s)

Sorry for your experience Brov...
When I am on Indriver, I ask Rider "are you giving me cash or transfer?"...if transfer the. I say pls send d money now so I get it before we get to ur destination.
Afterall it's a fixed and pre-agreed price, U r going no where if I haven't seen my money. Cos there is no way Indriver will pay back the money

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:35am On Sep 12, 2021
Exactly. On Indriver, try to get the transfer 10 mins max before getting to the destination. If rider refuses, make sure you too insist that he/she will have to wait for the alert before you let them leave your car. NO EXCUSES. NOTHING like call me if you don't see your alert. For where?
Pearl1910:

Sorry for your experience Brov...
When I am on Indriver, I ask Rider "are you giving me cash or transfer?"...if transfer the. I say pls send d money now so I get it before we get to ur destination.
Afterall it's a fixed and pre-agreed price, U r going no where if I haven't seen my money. Cos there is no way Indriver will pay back the money

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:46am On Sep 12, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lol ..Don't tempt yourself or ur bonus will flee. U have max of 1 ignored and 1 cancelled to maintain 90% and 85% Acceptance and Completion Rate. Except you are going to complete upto 25trips in a day then u can miss/cancel 2 trips without waiting for 3mins minimum.

Not true o, and I will tell you the secret.

I have once missed and cancelled a total of 4 trips on a Sunday, completed 25 trips and got my bonus.

It was still on that Sunday I realised how exactly the thing worked. There were times I fell out of the 90% and 85% thing and the bonus will temporarily disappear from my app and even from the balance but once I meet up with with it again, the bonus will reappear and all accrued bonuses when I was out of 90 & 85% added up.

Now here's the secret. The main thing that matters is the completion rate, that 85% gives you enough leverage to cancel quite a few trips but the acceptance rate does not considering its 90% so what do I do when my acceptance rate falls short?

I book myself with my ever reliable rider apps, accept the trips and cancel. With each trip I accept, my acceptance rate climbs up till it gets to the 90% threshold.

Edited the last part out, agents of Bolt fit dey this thread dey read am cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:50am On Sep 12, 2021
deedee44:

That's what indriver turned me to my brother, once you call they they deduct their commission so I wait for riders to call first. Most times riders call before I even move 100m

I no understand bro

How does indriver know you've called the rider?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pappy4real(m): 8:16am On Sep 12, 2021
you didnt have to jump into such conclusions. i stated in my post that d car was recently acquired as tokunbo less than 3 months ago, i actually use it for uber in my free time. i still used it and made about 5k that i needed yesterday even though i was in d office. i just want to get d car off my expense list so i can face other obligations squarely for now. its not like the car is disfunctional or a liability to anyone

Felicity001:

Divers like me will never want to partner with a prospective partners like this because it looks like a trap and problem ahead

Don't go into a business because you're having financial challenges, simply sell the car outrightly instead of relying on 50k that may not be enough to solve your financial needs or put the car in good shape for the driver to work wifh productively and effectively. You may end up using that upfront payment to solve problem when it enters your hands and from there problem start btw u and the driver.

This is not a tokunbo car by the way so what makes you think 50k will make it uber standard? No it wont. Even direct tok need a minimum of 150k to bring it up to standard let alone a 9ja used.

Best option is outright sale. Save yourself some stress.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:03am On Sep 12, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Free advise. Pls Always clear this stupid debt on Friday. If you let it build, they'll restrict you at BTW 7 - 8k, to only card trips, which may be difficult to get. And you can't pay them and it reflects during weekends.

If you use that reference code, it'll reflect shortly after.
But yeah always good to not cross a certain threshold, 4k is mine. I'll either clear it all or knock off some of it

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 9:25am On Sep 12, 2021
komodapson:
@Bazoo @Felicity

My Ordeal with indriver was not good at all.
I picked up this dude at 1004. The destination showed Ojodu Berger and the trip fare was N3010. At the PU point, the lad said he'll be making a transfer as his mode of payment, neither do I sense anything contrary to his request.

Approaching Ojodu Berger, the map destination showed he is heading towards Agbole akute, then I asked where exactly his he going to? He replied akute-ajuwon. It was a rainy day. I said to him, I won't be able to go further pass the agbole bridge, I'll have to drop you at the foot of the bridge. Passenger said no problem.
On getting to the agreed destination, he disembarked from the vehicle but his items were still inside, went to negotiate with the bike riders. I didn't have any premonition that he'll be doing anything stupid. He came back hurriedly, requested for my account details in which I spelt out correctly. He confirmed the name of the account, he said done and quickly hopped on bike that was stationed in front of him, they zoomed off.

Waited earnestly for the money to drop but to no avail. I was marvelled. Presumably, He should be in his 20s ó. I'm still in shock ó.
I tried calling him,can't reach him he has blacklisted my number. Tried with other line, he picked up...heard my voice and blacklisted the line also.

In fact...I totally subscribe to @felicity submission about indriver riders as : low lifers and individuals living in privation.

Try to complain to support but there response is not encouraging. Seems their is no penalty for such action(s)

Drop his number let's pray for him

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FASASI1(m): 9:55am On Sep 12, 2021
If bolt block a driver due to low rating does it means that the driver is blocked for life on the platform or its for a period of time ??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by temi4fash(m): 10:05am On Sep 12, 2021
Please I need help... The D light of my Honda city is blinking and I got it scanned and it showed P1887.

The oil is gauged and I use CVT oil for it. Please what can I do??

Please help me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 10:18am On Sep 12, 2021
temi4fash:
Please I need help... The D light of my Honda city is blinking and I got it scanned and it showed P1887.

The oil is gauged and I use CVT oil for it. Please what can I do??

Please help me

One of your speed sensor is bad...it's called transmission solenoid or ladipo/oyingbo people know it as gear sensor.... get a gear repairer or a good Honda mechanic to remove the bad switch and change it....the switch is max 7k...workmanship no suppose pass 2k or 1.5k...cos na to just remove, u buy it and he help u fix back...or drive down to oyingbo get it removed, buy and fix...he no pass 5 min job.....nothing is wrong with your gear o... Peace

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by temi4fash(m): 10:48am On Sep 12, 2021
IFSHR:

One of your speed sensor is bad...it's call transmission solenoid or ladipo/oyingbo people know it as gear sensor....try and get a gear repairer or a good Honda mechanic to remove the bad switch and change it....the switch is max 7k...workmanship no suppose pass 2k or 1.5k...cos na to just remove, u buy it and he help u fix back...or drive down to oyingbo get it removed, buy and fix...he no pass 5 min job.....nothing is wrong with your gear o... Peace

Can you direct me to one please??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by spartacus11(m): 10:55am On Sep 12, 2021
image for reference purposes, didn’t want to display my location reasons for the unnamed road

what is this function on Bolt for?

Nor be every rider, driver dey wait for, but na every driver, rider dey wait for.

so i don’t see any reason why rider & driver can’t make way to pickup point, and arrive almost same time

Bolt calculate an estimated time driver will arrive, and you think i can’t get to pickup point before driver?

i can set my house as a pickup point, but i don’t rather i use business or church landmark in my junction as pickup point, that is me even helping the driver not to drive into street

u think say na me like trekking pass wen dey decide to trek go junction go wait for driver

No matter wat u do, Nigerians must always talk

deedee44:

When you request a ride you're supposed to stay there and wait for driver to come and pick you, you're not supposed to start walking towards any main road, so moving away from PU is even more reason you should call driver to inform him of your waka.
You're using the app wrongly grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 11:05am On Sep 12, 2021
temi4fash:

Can you direct me to one please??

I don't know your area....best advice is to drive down to oyingbo and get it done ..just budget 10k..

I don't have a contact I can really vouch for.. Idrive to that street, u will get a mecho surely and tell him one of your switch is bad...speak like you have knowledge of what you want to do, so that them no go treat you like botty and bill you unnecessarily.....street up

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:35am On Sep 12, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Not true o, and I will tell you the secret.

I have once missed and cancelled a total of 4 trips on a Sunday, completed 25 trips and got my bonus.

Now here's the secret. The main thing that matters is the completion rate, that 85% gives you enough leverage to cancel quite a few trips but the acceptance rate does not considering its 90% so what do I do when my acceptance rate falls short?

cheesy

Lolz...What did I say thats a lie now

I think u r mixing up the acceptance rate and completion rate...u can manipulate acceptance rate by just accepting more and more trips even though u don't intend to complete them but when ur completion rate has fallen short, there is little or nothing u can do because to increase it u must complete an even higher number of trips.
How many people can complete 25trips in a day, even if u r willing and able what are the odds that u will get very short short trips to make this happen.

So prevention is better than cure...and to prevent this; Accept all trips and never cancel until u have waited for minimum 3mins and cancel with number not available.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
XGhost:

If you use that reference code, it'll reflect shortly after.
But yeah always good to not cross a certain threshold, 4k is mine. I'll either clear it all or knock off some of it
Not on weekends. Na till monday
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
Their system detects that. So, once you make a call, the trip counts immediately.
kanuisagoat:

I no understand bro

How does indriver know you've called the rider?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
For a period.
FASASI1:
If bolt block a driver due to low rating does it means that the driver is blocked for life on the platform or its for a period of time ??

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...What did I say thats a lie now

I think u r mixing up the acceptance rate and completion rate...u can manipulate acceptance rate by just accepting more and more trips even though u don't intend to complete them but when ur completion rate has fallen short, there is little or nothing u can do because to increase it u must complete an even higher number of trips.
How many people can complete 25trips in a day, even if u r willing and able what are the odds that u will get very short short trips to make this happen.

So prevention is better than cure...and to prevent this; Accept all trips and never cancel until u have waited for minimum 3mins and cancel with number not available.

You said you have to do 25 trips for you to miss/cancel two trips.

If I can do 25 trips then I can miss/cancel up to 5 trips without losing out on my bonus. My completion rate will still be in line and I just need to manipulate the acceptance.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by spartacus11(m): 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
that is somehow na, that a driver made a call does not mean the trip must happen, or it’s like the money they charge is not much?

davit:
Theor system detects that. So, once you make a call, you can the trip counts immediately.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
kanuisagoat:

You said you have to do 25 trips for you to miss/cancel two trips.

If I can do 25 trips then I can miss/cancel up to 5 trips without losing out on my bonus. My completion rate will still be in line and I just need to manipulate the acceptance.
Una dey try. My highest daily trip tally is 18.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by temi4fash(m): 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
IFSHR:

I don't know your area....best advice is to drive down to oyingbo and get it done ..just budget 10k..

I don't have a contact I can really vouch for.. Idrive to that street, u will get a mecho surely and tell him one of your switch is bad...speak like you have knowledge of what you want to do, so that them no go treat you like botty and bill you unnecessarily.....street up

Thanks boss

I appreciate
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
Still enjoying my 5.00 rating for 5 days now. If I had picked any of those Alakoba, dem for Don rate me 1.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4041) (4042) (4043) (4044) (4045) (4046) (4047) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.