Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4043) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4758813 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4040) (4041) (4042) (4043) (4044) (4045) (4046) ... (5693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Felicity001:

Hahaha... U can relate I can relate... Lol... Na now I begin understand why them say marry woman wey fine in all department so that another one no go use body carry papa emeka go kanogrin
Even if wife is miss universe, if papa emeka is promiscuous another woman go still use body carry am go zamfara

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pleasureosondu(m): 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
Felicity001:

Sorry sir I beg to differ on that cherrful's case... You of all people should understand how an average elderly people especially the women behave, most of them haven't even taken a taxi b4 so their children or grand children usually request for them and most of the time they would want you to take .
I understand your perspective but still, it's best to show courtesy to others irrespective of age, gender and ethnicity. Her insisting on the price estimate proved to her by her children and outrightly stating that she'll not pay more even if her own app stated otherwise, well that's a huge red-flag. That's been unreasonable and we all know what would have happened if Mr CheerfulGiver embarked on that trip. That's the entitlement mentality of riders we're referring too. It's not as if Mr CheerfulGiver was trying to cheat her.

If she's elderly, then let her act like one. Her attitude was more like a thug. Personally, I don't see Mr CheerfulGiver as a heartless individual whose just after the money and rejects to offer help when needed. Her attitude put him off. You won't have acted differently, Mr Felicity.

Before you question whether a driver was proud, examine his rider first.

Modified

Where you expecting CheerfulGiver to call her loved ones and request for a balance if he had performed that trip? Did CheerfulGiver mention that they had an existing relationship to warrant such action? Your situation and his are incomparable. You would have made a valid point that CheerfulGiver was proud if the lady had made some effort to talk things out and he refused but it seems the reverse was the case.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
FuckEveryday:

grin grin
I dey 1.6surge to mainland...I go collect return trip to bk to house..Go watch Man-Utd match, den go bk to work grin

Btw I'm owing indriver 600 and dem say I no fit collect another trip till I pay undecided

United win 4-1

CR7-2
Fernandez-1
Lingard- 1

GGMU!!

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2021
Nezzjnr:

During Fruiting... You'll obviously employ a Farm security na

Cassava doesn't bring much money compared to plantain.

Are you serious?

Have you done the feasibility b4?

Just 5 acres bought me my MB cool I even sold at a lost because I couldn't take it any longer.

@ Pearl1910 the proceed from rental was used to finish the farm. It's a mutual relationship, can't leave one for the other.
City vs Villagegrin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
Felicity001:

Are you serious?

Just 5 acres bought me my MB cool I even sold at a lost because I couldn't take it any longer.

@ Pearl1910 the proceed from rental was used to finish the farm. It's a mutual relationship, can't leave one for the other.
City vs Villagegrin
We need to carry this discussion elsewhere Sir

I want to know more about the Feasibility study

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
FuckEveryday:

grin grin
I dey 1.6surge to mainland...I go collect return trip to bk to house..Go watch Man-Utd match, den go bk to work grin

Btw I'm owing indriver 600 and dem say I no fit collect another trip till I pay undecided

E be like say I go activate my inDriver again. InDriver guys were chupping money last night after curfew for my hood.
E pain me say ororo no do hatrick but we back.

Make I on app do small movements, I’m motivated

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2021
pleasureosondu:
it will do us a lot of good if you explain in clear terms, the misconception and how it's poorly addressed by drivers. In my opinion, the experience you narrated didn't really expose it except stating that I was insecure and had a fragile ego.

I wasn't referring to you in particular. I was speaking to a general behaviour and perception and cause.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pleasureosondu(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
XGhost:

I wasn't referring to you in particular. I was speaking to a general behaviour and perception and cause.
Aiit. Peace
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
Pearl1910:

Which Bonus are you on?

15k guaranteed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
Felicity001:

Are you serious?

City vs Villagegrin

Fair enough...the farm has repaid its debt.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
XGhost:

15k guaranteed

As soon as u hit the set number of trips and hours, d balance is credited to your wallet and anything u make from there henceforth is an addition.
But watch out for the cancellation and acceptance rate. It has to be maintained throughout the duration of the campaign. If not bonus will be revoked

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
Pearl1910:

As soon as u hit the set number of trips and hours, d balance is credited to your wallet and anything u make from there henceforth is an addition.
But watch out for the cancellation and acceptance rate. It has to be maintained throughout the duration of the campaign. If not bonus will be revoked

Oh wow... I didn't know o... Hmmmm... Ok
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by XGhost: 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
Abeg, why is it that when you have a rider and tag alongs, na the tag alongs de always complain and not the person paying for the ride. Na dem go ask oga why are you passing here, why are you driving like this, why is the fare so and so when road was free, was there surge??

So this lady requested for her husband, he comes out, sits in front and tells me to wait someone else is joining us. Ok.
Two other men join. Isaac John to 1004, map says turn left at Maryland-ojota-alapere... Maryland-Anthony-Gbagada is 7 minutes slower. I go with the map.

Dudes at the back start grumbling in Yoruba about the route, long journey bla bla bla. Talmbout the trick drivers use, taking the longer route to inflate the fare. We get to obalende, dem de direct up and down, pass here, press horn, you no get horn? (I only use my horn when I absolutely have to). All through I and the owner of the trip don't utter a word till they got off at obalende. That's when the man spoke, talked about how people behave, selfish and all. Na so we gist till 1004, told him I enjoyed talking and he said he wished we meet again, dropped small change.

Now I could easily have responded to those guys, but to what end. As far as contracts go, I had no business with them and their opinions, thoughts and utterances meant absolutely nothing to me.
They probably thought because they were speaking Yoruba I didn't know what they were saying but I understood everything and was tempted to respond in their language.
I always find it foolish when people assume the driver doesn't understand the language, especially Yoruba... Inside Lagos??

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2021
Pearl1910:

Not necessarily. You can go in and out of the acceptance and cancellation rate as many times as mathematically possible. The main thing is, before the end of the campaign, your acceptance and cancellation must be within the set threshold and the bonus is yours.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
deedee44:

Haha it's not good na. You know what it takes for a lady to summon enough courage to toast a guy smiley

That na her problem grin.

Besides, oven lighters like pope191 abound to pick her up from the disappointment she got from me cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2021
Pearl1910:

But watch out for the cancellation and acceptance rate[b]. It has to be maintained throughout the duration of the campaign. If not bonus will be revoked[/b]

This is another lapses of the bonus. It is better to cancel the subsequent bonus than revoking the whole bonus. After taking the car to Lambe and Orchid road just to earn the bonus, and by evening, you decided not to go to Itamaga, and fiam, bonus is revoked. It is better to ignore the bonuses and concentrate on very good trips.
@Baz001, grin. please can you tag your car with your name for just a day, may be I will see you somewhere.

Aulterio motive: to scratch your car grin grin. You are not joining that ant league, we need you here in LD under the tree club.
@Felicity001, Congratulations bro. More hudlum activities to your elbow. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2021
Every driver dey find each others cars to scratch. I just dey grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
kanuisagoat:

That na her problem grin.

Besides, oven lighters like pope191 abound to pick her up from the disappointment she got from me cheesy

I can only pray u don't look back with regrets of not judiciously maximizing all these wonderfully awesome amazing juicy opportunities falling within your jurisdiction when you've stopped driving.

Make A while the sun shines grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
The tag along issue Na wa. Na them dey make issue pass. Obviously, this is general. Just don't know why it is so.
XGhost:
Abeg, why is it that when you have a rider and tag alongs, na the tag alongs de always complain and not the person paying for the ride. Na dem go ask oga why are you passing here, why are you driving like this, why is the fare so and so when road was free, was there surge??

So this lady requested for her husband, he comes out, sits in front and tells me to wait someone else is joining us. Ok.
Two other men join. Isaac John to 1004, map says turn left at Maryland-ojota-alapere... Maryland-Anthony-Gbagada is 7 minutes slower. I go with the map.

Dudes at the back start grumbling in Yoruba about the route, long journey bla bla bla. Talmbout the trick drivers use, taking the longer route to inflate the fare. We get to obalende, dem de direct up and down, pass here, press horn, you no get horn? (I only use my horn when I absolutely have to). All through I and the owner of the trip don't utter a word till they got off at obalende. That's when the man spoke, talked about how people behave, selfish and all. Na so we gist till 1004, told him I enjoyed talking and he said he wished we meet again, dropped small change.

Now I could easily have responded to those guys, but to what end. As far as contracts go, I had no business with them and their opinions, thoughts and utterances meant absolutely nothing to me.
They probably thought because they were speaking Yoruba I didn't know what they were saying but I understood everything and was tempted to respond in their language.
I always find it foolish when people assume the driver doesn't understand the language, especially Yoruba... Inside Lagos??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
Free advise. Pls Always clear this stupid debt on Friday. If you let it build, they'll restrict you at BTW 7 - 8k, to only card trips, which may be difficult to get. And you can't pay them and it reflects during weekends.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2021
FuckEveryday:

That's why Companies don't joke with the media.
The media hype in the premier League cannot be compared to any other league.

Basically Ronaldo is driving Uber in Lagos, Messi is driving in Zamfara
The midget should have come to EPL where he would have remained relevant.

Can't use valuable time to watch French league. So many others too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2021
@Bazoo @Felicity

My Ordeal with indriver was not good at all.
I picked up this dude at 1004. The destination showed Ojodu Berger and the trip fare was N3010. At the PU point, the lad said he'll be making a transfer as his mode of payment, neither do I sense anything contrary to his request.

Approaching Ojodu Berger, the map destination showed he is heading towards Agbole akute, then I asked where exactly his he going to? He replied akute-ajuwon. It was a rainy day. I said to him, I won't be able to go further pass the agbole bridge, I'll have to drop you at the foot of the bridge. Passenger said no problem.
On getting to the agreed destination, he disembarked from the vehicle but his items were still inside, went to negotiate with the bike riders. I didn't have any premonition that he'll be doing anything stupid. He came back hurriedly, requested for my account details in which I spelt out correctly. He confirmed the name of the account, he said done and quickly hopped on bike that was stationed in front of him, they zoomed off.

Waited earnestly for the money to drop but to no avail. I was marvelled. Presumably, He should be in his 20s ó. I'm still in shock ó.
I tried calling him,can't reach him he has blacklisted my number. Tried with other line, he picked up...heard my voice and blacklisted the line also.

In fact...I totally subscribe to @felicity submission about indriver riders as : low lifers and individuals living in privation.

Try to complain to support but there response is not encouraging. Seems their is no penalty for such action(s)

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Noone7: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2021
BAZ001:
Guys I thought bolt said they would do 100% refunds ?
Two guys are trying to scam me, let me sound like that Drivers license guy that was scammed and still saying the scammer is genuine.
Took a package from a guy to his friend.
I have both numbers, one claims he will pay if the other doesn’t pay. Both not picking again
So I reported to bolt?

But see bolts reply, I don’t understand.

1. We would request you to always ensure that you collected the fare after the trip. ?

How?
..... i should fight rider, cause a scene or bring out my phone and record it

2. We would request you to wait for 7 days for the rider to make the payment and kindly let us know if the rider has not paid yet the outstanding fare in 7 days.
..... 7days ? I always forget to remind you in 7 days.

What happened to the 100% refund?
Na to dey fight dey go

This stuff no make sense naaaa
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
Indriver or any other apps, try to always confirm your alert on your phone before rider leaves. No excuse.
komodapson:
@Bazoo @Felicity

My Ordeal with indriver was not good at all.
I picked up this dude at 1004. The destination showed Ojodu Berger and the trip fare was N3010. At the PU point, the lad said he'll be making a transfer as his mode of payment, neither do I sense anything contrary to his request.

Approaching Ojodu Berger, the map destination showed he is heading towards Agbole akute, then I asked where exactly his he going to? He replied akute-ajuwon. It was a rainy day. I said to him, I won't be able to go further pass the agbole bridge, I'll have to drop you at the foot of the bridge. Passenger said no problem.
On getting to the agreed destination, he disembarked from the vehicle but his items were still inside, went to negotiate with the bike riders. I didn't have any premonition that he'll be doing anything stupid. He came back hurriedly, requested for my account details in which I spelt out correctly. He confirmed the name of the account, he said done and quickly hopped on bike that was stationed in front of him, they zoomed off.

Waited earnestly for the money to drop but to no avail. I was marvelled. Presumably, He should be in his 20s ó. I'm still in shock ó.
I tried calling him,can't reach him he has blacklisted my number. Tried with other line, he picked up...heard my voice and blacklisted the line also.

In fact...I totally subscribe to @felicity submission about indriver riders as : low lifers and individuals living in privation.

Try to complain to support but there response is not encouraging. Seems their is no penalty for such action(s)

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Noone7: 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
nickvanilla:
Good Morning Pilots. How the hustle dey go? So I have officially been relegated to the league of the lazy drivers. Got a new job (8 to 5) so it's been difficult doing it along with this hustle. But it's all good.

Pilots taking trip to Lagos Island, you guys need to exercise caution oo. Especially if you don't know the area well. Yesterday morning while going to work, I took a destination trip to Lagos Island (I work in Ikoyi). I entered a street and these CBD boys were in front of me. One was waving a stick and the other started focusing his phone's camera on my plate number, probably for evidence.

I was already slowing down because they were directly in my path. Then my brain remembered one way, how I lost a huge sum of money to task force like 3 weeks ago. Omo! I just put my foot down on the pedal and started maneuvering. Turned left into one street and took the next right on full speed.

My riders were shouting. They didn't even understand what was going on. Eventually I escaped. So guys be careful. There are no signs whatsoever and Google maps is a bastard grin.

Wanted to go out today but I've opted to watch EPL. Something special is happening by 3PM today. wink

Brotherly...... How far, I wanna talk to you on an offer. Pls drop your mail so we can communicate
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 3ace(m): 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
FuckEveryday:
Omo... Suddenly my AC no dey cool for afternoon as usual sad

In the morning and night it's cool Wen idle...But Wen on the move by these hours it's the usual mortuary standard cooling.

But afternoon it's almost useless.. What could be the cause abeg
Evening bro, please, have you been able to fix your AC issue? I am currently having same issue. I need to be sure the culprit is the compressor. My AC tech said compressor is 40k. Car is 2005 corolla.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 11:50pm On Sep 11, 2021
3ace:
Evening bro, please, have you been able to fix your AC issue? I am currently having same issue. I need to be sure the culprit is the compressor. My AC tech said compressor is 40k. Car is 2005 corolla.
No bro it's not the compressor..most AC technicians will tell u it is...in my case, they changed the thermostat and it works perfectly now.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Noone7: 12:04am On Sep 12, 2021
samobaba4u:
Saturday destination trip before traveling back cos I am not based in Lagos. I used to work from Tuesday to Friday travel on Saturday and come back on Tuesday morning

So where do you stay?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Noone7: 12:08am On Sep 12, 2021
skillip:
. Yeah , I also got manual and it's serving me too.

Why manual?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:19am On Sep 12, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Really? What if the pickup is wrong? If I don't hear from whoever I'm going to pick, I don't even start the vehicle.
That's what indriver turned me to my brother, once you call they they deduct their commission so I wait for riders to call first. Most times riders call before I even move 100m
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FuckEveryday: 12:24am On Sep 12, 2021
When are we going to talk about these elegushi and alpha beach Horses that cross the road at night?

I watched a video this morning of a man ranting...and one did the same thing just this night as I was driving...thank God the road had little cars driving at the time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:37am On Sep 12, 2021
spartacus11:
the moment driver calls, that is when i start checking the app to see his or her movement. the reason i don’t call are all over post above and previous page,

Driver calls- where are you

Me- i give a landmark of where i am standing, if i am a little far from the main road, i tell them the street i am walking out from, that i am walking towards the road.

When you request a ride you're supposed to stay there and wait for driver to come and pick you, you're not supposed to start walking towards any main road, so moving away from PU is even more reason you should call driver to inform him of your waka.
You're using the app wrongly grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4040) (4041) (4042) (4043) (4044) (4045) (4046) ... (5693) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Ceenelly(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.