Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4818947 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4059) (4060) (4061) (4062) (4063) (4064) (4065) ... (5706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicdon(m): 6:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
Be careful out there guys, a driver just called me now concerning a trip he is presently on with a female rider, he got stopped by policemen and they found weed (igbo) with the girl, he has been taken to their station alongside the lady, he is still on the ride as we speak, when you find yourself in such situation, dont panic, reach out to bolt support immediately and narrate the issue, be careful with the answers you give to the policemen, also try to drop a message on this faceless forum asap, stay safe, God help us all.... May we not be unfortunate.

Also screenshot the ride immediately as proof, i have witnessed trip's ending automatically when a case such as this is reported to bolt, if possible make a screen video recorder as proof..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicdon(m): 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
Update..

Bolt just told the guy to end the trip and revert to them with whatever the police say, just as i said earlier, bolt can and would end that trip themselves, the police has told the young man not to end the trip as that's the only proof he has that he is not in cohorts with the rider....

Person just see car for rentals to hustle, and unfortunate rider wan put am for gbege, make God just dey protect us....

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicdon(m): 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
Nigerian Police and settlements are 5 and 6...

Problem Solved....

Stay safe

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFEBARBIE: 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2021
I really don't know much about Honda cars but from the reviews above. Seem like a good car. Just make sure you do preventive maintenance and arm yourself with a good scan tool to monitor components. Hope it's a low mileage accord, just like BAZ001's low mileage Voltron muscular spider Camry grin. Cheers
obinoral1179:
Please boss what is the review about this car..

Honda accord 2008.

The review should be about.

Durability.
Fuel consumption
Most importantly hope it's not the kind that always have the leg or tyre shift..

Pearl1910
IFEBARBIE
Felicity001
Cheerfulgiver
Davit.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
You can't know what they(riders) keep in their bags and you can't search. Na only God dey save us for this business.

The other day, they killed a doctor who wanted to do small uber job before resuming his medical duty (newly found job). A lady rider(aged) told me the story and she said it happened around 10pm. She advised me to close latest by 7

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 7:12pm On Sep 16, 2021
I noticed this too. Thats extra 31 naira on the trip. Where did it come from? Road levy? This calls for concern guys.
Gentlelife50:
So bolt is now using style to charge more than 25% commission?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnchrix(m): 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
Paulasio:
Bolt driver needed in Port Harcourt for weekly rental. Must have an active bolt account and have been driving on bolt for at least 6months in PH. Interested persons should kindly contact me via this mail: akaphilemon@gmail.com.

Kindly Check your mail.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adolphus08(m): 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
sbot:

World oil.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
tunlapapa:

Bolt is just a dubious company, and this is the more reason they make the calculations not to be clear enough for anyone.
You wouldn't have known if you did more trips.
This means they are charging about 23%.
Exactly, my brother I was surprised when I checked. Bolt be like Buhari APC

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
vicdon:
Nigerian Police and settlements are 5 and 6...

Problem Solved....

Stay safe
Before nko, na settlement dem dey after. And na wetin carry them come out, if u remove settlement their ginger go disappear.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
Barbiturate:
You can't know what they(riders) keep in their bags and you can't search. Na only God dey save us for this business.

The other day, they killed a doctor who wanted to do small uber job before resuming his medical duty (newly found job). A lady rider(aged) told me the story and she said it happened around 10pm. She advised me to close latest by 7

I used to be very vigilant cos I drive mostly in the night till 23:59pm and very early in the morning.
But last friday I picked four guys all high and smelling of smoke. They had already entered before I realized that I let down my guard.
What do I do ?
Na so I begin beg the one in front that I can’t move ooh, that my hands and legs are shaking cos they have bags and 3 men seating behind me. Dt dey just killed one Unilag MSc holder. Bla bla
The leader or bros say : “ma foó, drive “
Me: bros Na night and Na hustle I dey I beg
One of them from the back said: Na sleep we won go sleep no para, we go chup life.

I dropped them at destination and realized how it’s only God that saves us.
There are days I start doing CIA from voice and stop 5mins before pick up to watch movements. But last week I don pursue 1M sorte I no see sign.

Later some people will say all jobs are risky.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2021
davit:
I noticed this too. Thats extra 31 naira on the trip. Where did it come from? Road levy? This calls for concern guys.
I know drivers won't be aware of this, but even if they do nothing will still be done.
Everybody's after their own interest.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2021
tunlapapa:

Bolt is just a dubious company, and this is the more reason they make the calculations not to be clear enough for anyone.

That’s why they will give us bonus
stay online 9hrs complete 9 trips bla bla.
So we won’t notice 20naira and 1 naira extra

Don’t worry
Pearl1910
Kanuisagoat and CheerfulGiver will soon come and defend them that it’s 20% dey charge.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:02pm On Sep 16, 2021
BAZ001:

Lol, I ve not been to the island this week, got a trip to island but not on surge so I cancelled and was hanging around my house for surge to come back. Na now I just on app.
So many distractions and getting carried away in lazyD league.

The something is not funny, I don't think these people you guys call your leaders care about their subjects.
All they know is how to inflict pains on the subjects, most roads on that axis are already close or partially close in the name of construction and somebody will still bring one yeye tournament then block more roads.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
Gentlelife50:

I know drivers won't be aware of this, but even if they do nothing will still be done.
Everybody's after their own interest.

I hope you are sure about this ?
I dey wait for peral1910 and other ants
They will show you how they still charge 20% and give you extra bonus.

Ants Bolt defenders, we dey wait

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2021
Gentlelife50:

The something is not funny, I don't think these people you guys call your leaders care about their subjects.
All they know is how to inflict pains on the subjects, most roads on that axis are already close or partially close in the name of construction and somebody will still bring one yeye tournament then block more roads.

They don’t see us, they only focus on 2023 and keep borrowing money that 4 generation from now can’t pay back.
Dollars 560 and still counting.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
BAZ001:

I used to be very vigilant cos I drive mostly in the night till 23:59pm and very early in the morning.
But last friday I picked four guys all high and smelling of smoke. They had already entered before I realized that I let down my guard.
What do I do ?
Na so I begin beg the one in front that I can’t move ooh, that my hands and legs are shaking cos they have bags and 3 men seating behind me. Dt dey just killed one Unilag MSc holder. Bla bla
The leader or bros say : “ma foó, drive “
Me: bros Na night and Na hustle I dey I beg
One of them from the back said: Na sleep we won go sleep no para, we go chup life.

I dropped them at destination and realized how it’s only God that saves us.

Baba pls if you own the car, don't do late night hustle again. It's risky. What if those guys were robbers or car snatchers? Your life dey more important than the 1M o!
I'll advice pilots in the house to close early, at least 9pm and be very vigilant and observant. If you notice any suspecting movement, just abort and zoom off! The country is so bad now. People don't mind to waste life just to make money! It is that bad!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Coketols: 8:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
Yes, their calculation looks sketchy sometimes.

Please what's that BOOKING FEES about, I am only aware or the 20% deduction and don't understand what the other one is about?

tunlapapa:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Judenzuruike: 8:54pm On Sep 16, 2021
Pls guys kindly be aware that the 20% commission Bolt claim to change is totally false.i have been doing the calculations myself and I found out that it's somewhere close to 21.6%.i have sent a message asking why the descripiances but am yet to get a reply up until now.pls take time and do the calculations yourself and see if it's true or not.thanks
sbot:

World oil.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
Barbiturate:

Baba pls if you own the car, don't do late night hustle again. It's risky. What if those guys were robbers or car snatchers? Your life dey more important than the 1M o!
I'll advice pilots in the house to close early, at least 9pm and be very vigilant and observant. If you notice any suspecting movement, just abort and zoom off! The country is so bad now. People don't mind to waste life just to make money! It is that bad!
Please go, we don't need your discouragements.
I pity you if our motivators catch you, my friend all jobs are risky.
Uber is the most easiest,
After all you can easily make 100k every week or 1million naira every month.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2021
Barbiturate:

It is not that bad, you only need to have common sense and you’re good. According to whizkid!
1M or nothing bro. If car get comp insurance, life get?

We understand some people must work at night, but you have to be extraordinarily careful. YOLO!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
Barbiturate:

I'll advice pilots in the house to close early, [/b]at least 9pm and be very vigilant and observant. If you notice any suspecting movement, just abort and zoom off! The country is so bad now. [b]People don't mind to waste life just to make money! It is that bad!

It’s my one and only low mileage Camry, but how can I close early and still make 1M when others are easily netting 150k every week without stress ? Dem get two heads ?

You advising pilots that sleep in their cars in clusters as an estate to close by 9pm , they wake up and sleep on the road, they don’t fear robbers. Think they have extra life.

So bad they stabbed a cyclist to death just to steal his phone, just phone ooh.

Thank you, na dashboards here and there dey cos commotion

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 9:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
Gentlelife50:

Please go, we don't need your discouragements.
I pity you if our motivators catch you, my friend all jobs are risky.
Uber is the most easiest,
After you can easily make 100k every week or 1million naira every month.

Hahahahaha....Sarcasm of highest order

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
BAZ001:

It’s my one and only low mileage Camry, but how can I close early and still make 1M when others are easily netting 150k every week without stress ? Dem get two heads ?

You advising pilots that sleep in their cars in clusters as an estate to close by 9pm , they wake up and sleep on the road, they don’t fear robbers. Think they have extra life.

So bad they stabbed a cyclist to death just to steal his phone, just phone ooh.

Thank you, na dashboards here and there dey cos commotion

"Dead men tell no tales"....sure you've heard this slogan from the popular movie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:49pm On Sep 16, 2021
Gentlelife50:
So bolt is now using style to charge more than 25% commission?

How many trips ?. If it's two trips, it's still within range.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2021
komodapson:

"Dead men tell no tales"....sure you've heard this slogan from the popular movie

Ants will quote “ get rich or die trying “ for you
I dey house dey watch ball
I will resume early tomorrow

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
YeyeGbami:

It is not that bad, you only need to have common sense and you’re good. According to whizkid!
1M or nothing bro. If car get comp insurance, life get?

We understand some people must work at night, but you have to be extraordinarily careful. YOLO!

I laughter with do extraordinary careful. Make eyes no see evil, nah d basic b that. What if d rider u carry pull Jack Bauer on u? Maybe we should just lean on fate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
northbird:

How many trips ?. If it's two trips, it's still within range.
Just one trip Sir, that's the breakdown.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
BAZ001:

Ants will quote “ get rich or die trying “ for you
I dey house dey watch ball
I will resume early tomorrow
Oga stop whining, get out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat.
Choose your poison, hustle now that you are young stop looking for excuses.
grin
That's why I don't take you people serious.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2021
pope191:

I laughter with do extraordinary careful. Make eyes no see evil, nah d basic b that. What if d rider u carry pull Jack Bauer on u? Maybe we should just leant on fate

Na begging remain o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by checkmatez: 7:30am On Sep 17, 2021
Good morning
Please I have a question.. can a private car having Abuja plate number be used in Lagos state?

Like someone relocating from Abuja can he still be using his car with Abuja plate number in Lagos state
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:40am On Sep 17, 2021
checkmatez:
Good morning
Please I have a question.. can a private car having Abuja plate number be used in Lagos state?

Like someone relocating from Abuja can he still be using his car with Abuja plate number in Lagos state

Yes

If it's for Uber, you'll need to do a new Road Worthiness certificate obtained in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (4059) (4060) (4061) (4062) (4063) (4064) (4065) ... (5706) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Abdulstoic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.