Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,259 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4745907 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4162) (4163) (4164) (4165) (4166) (4167) (4168) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:37am On Oct 20, 2021
IFEBARBIE:

grin grin grin grin Don't forget to show us the mili dashboard o! Or you just came back from your visit to ma'am radautoworks grin
[img]https://media./images/0a714b7628d39672ea63e27bb9a84fe5/tenor.gif[/img]

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:42am On Oct 20, 2021
Aganju849:

I think she was just creeped out by the fact that you monitored her phone conversation. Of course you couldn't help hearing but this is Buhari's Nigeia, kidnapping is in vogue and a lot of people are so security conscious, they get spooked easily.

It had more to do with you being a stranger, if you get my drift

100% I don't poke noise into what ever a rider is saying on the phone unless if my opinion is being asked for. Most of these riders especially the once that sits behind don't want any thing to do with you apart from taking them to their destination so you've to carry out your job like it should, get you money and unto the next one.

If you seat behind me and ask for a discussion self I won't answer you because I've no business with anyone behind me. If you ask where I'm taking I point at the phone screen without saying a word. In fact I'll activate the deaf and dumb feature on my uber as soon as I resume with them so that everybody go mind their business. grin

How will you just jump into the next seat and the first thing you're asking is if I've an iPhone charger, auntee I don't have (I've but u won't use it) if your like make he die that one no concern me.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:45am On Oct 20, 2021
[quote author=radautoworks post=106891448][/quote]
gringrin

Much love and respect from here ma'am

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 6:13am On Oct 20, 2021
mejai:

I don't chase that shit. Na slave work, there is high risk too. Cos I dey call am, anywhere Belle face.
U cancel some, u get penalized.
Set ur target daily, if u achieved it, go home.
If u didn't, go home. Tomorrow is another day. U can't drive everyone in lag.

I'll recommend you have a feel of taste Castle lager just to show support for this your sincere comment

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 6:20am On Oct 20, 2021
Felicity001:

100% I don't poke noise into what ever a rider is saying on the phone unless if my opinion is being asked for. Most of these riders especially the once that sits behind don't want any thing to do with you apart from taking them to their destination so you've to carry out your job like it should, get you money and unto the next one.

If you seat behind me and ask for a discussion self I won't answer you because I've no business with anyone behind me. If you ask where I'm taking I point at the phone screen without saying a word [b]. In fact I'll activate the deaf and dumb feature on my uber [/b]as soon as I resume with them so that everybody go mind their business. grin

How will you just jump into the next seat and the first thing you're asking is if I've an iPhone charger, auntee I don't have (I've but u won't use it) if your like make he die that one no concern me.

grin grin grin I go like see this feature....baba abeg no vex, where are some key areas uber request dey on mainland....seems everyone has moved on Indriver
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 6:20am On Oct 20, 2021
radautoworks:
Madam the toxicity here has made you to run away.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 6:27am On Oct 20, 2021
Barbiturate:
I picked this lady from kafi street(wema bank compound) around secretariat Ikeja, to ojodu berger. We didn't talk much, just few talks when I was pricing phone holder in traffic. She was busy talking on phone. From her conversation on phone, I figured she's a procurement personnel and she probably would be in a top position. They helped her load her stuffs in the car and the lady that brought the load was answering with "Yes Ma"

I'm also a procurement person. I Worked with 3 companies as a procurement personnel. Costain West Africa Plc happen to be one of them.

After her phone discussion, we were almost at her destination. Then I tried talking to her about our profession......asked her if she's in procurement. She answered hastily and told me to end the trip. I figured she didn't want to discuss it. She transferred the money and just came down.

I actually wanted to let her know that I'm also a procurement person and hint her/advice her in some of the processes she mentioned....and maybe see if the discussion would fetch me something good, but then.....I guess she just sees me as a common driver! I might be wrong in my assertions, though

I can bet my balls, this trip was on Bolt. Note: Most Female Gender possess latent characteristics of being rude, Proud, pompous and hauty. You're not wrong on your assumption(s)

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 6:42am On Oct 20, 2021
VaselineCrew:
I can see money on my dashboard but no money in my account

All this driving sha, yet account balance is not moving or is moving backwards.

Is it because I’m buying all these small chops and coke

Haba!

Sometimes I look at my dashboard and ask “where is the money?”

Please, Please and Please grin grin grin....I use God tey beg you....A UN peace pact in trust is still hanging on a strand of thread, we do not want a breakdown abeg no come cause another uprising again....lol...

The money dey somewhere, try link ur bolt app with your GTCO...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:51am On Oct 20, 2021
kanuisagoat:

I know you guys had this discussion a long time ago but I'm just catching up.

The guys have a point and a ride I recently ordered for someone is now making sense.

I remember the driver only arrived but I never saw driving to destination. I called the woman I booked for and she confirmed to me she was with the driver and the journey had started.

I told her to remind him to start the trip. Whether she told him or not I'm not sure. I didn't bother to check again till the trip ended and I saw that the price was 2400 and a wait time of N636 naira.

This was a trip with an estimate of N1500 or so. It didn't make sense to me but I couldn't make any sense of it till I saw you guys arguing about it.

I have now asked bolt to review the trip and explain to me what happened.

I await their feedback.

Can u share the reciept of that trip?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:53am On Oct 20, 2021
VaselineCrew:
I can see money on my dashboard but no money in my account

All this driving sha, yet account balance is not moving or is moving backwards.

Is it because I’m buying all these small chops and coke

Haba!

Sometimes I look at my dashboard and ask “where is the money?”

Gudvibes06:
Bro you just dey talk my mind at times I ask myself did I collect the money abi Uber dey wyn me ni. Lol

Make both of you just stop plssss
Let’s join or focus on endsars Anniversary.

Experience is d best teacher , teaching reality since 70s

[img]https://media./images/d09c527c98467c19e45e9932325f2f7c/tenor.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Akinwunmy(m): 6:54am On Oct 20, 2021
dru23:

Very on point ... I have few cars on uber too . I mainly use Honda civics 2003 to 2005 .. It is a lucrative business. But maintenance is the key like u said. It is a daily income business. The business can never be saturated.

And with Nigerians maintenance culture , cars are always at the mechanic more than its on the road grin Some owners have become good friends with their mechanics ..

Boss, would a civic with over 200k miles survive this business in Nigeria? I intend to start getting civic based on feedback I get from partners.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 7:06am On Oct 20, 2021
pocohantas:

I can assure you she came from Bolt. She thought Uber is like Bolt where she would get away with fraud. No veteran Uber rider would pull such stunt. We are too premium for such.

Our destination na VI, Ikoyi, Ikate. We no dey go Ologolo and the likes by 10pm. angry

Pocohantas, what's your MO!? Just curious.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 7:19am On Oct 20, 2021
Crvrider:

Pocohantas, what's your MO!? Just curious.

What is MO here? Modus Operandi?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phargbemmy(m): 7:32am On Oct 20, 2021
Felicity001:

I've not use or driven the 06 civic but one thing I know is if your compressor pully has never been altered or changed from the original or factory size b4 then the belt seller should give you or know the right size for your car but if any of the pully of compressor has been converted from auto to manual then possibly the size will differ so meet a competent AC technician to assist you with the right size that will fit.

Thank baba FeliFeli
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 8:24am On Oct 20, 2021
Barbiturate:

I picked this lady from kafi street(wema bank compound). From her conversation on phone, I figured she's a procurement personnel and she probably would be in a top position.

I actually wanted to let her know that I'm also a procurement person and hint her/advice her in some of the processes she mentioned....and maybe see if the discussion would fetch me something good, but then.....I guess she just sees me as a common driver! I might be wrong in my assertions, though

You are not wrong, she’s either scared you will kidnap her or you a mere driver of 1,200 trip trying to strike a conversation with a millionaire

But Don’t worry the narratives is changing or about to change, once we see 1M on dashboards, Gbam riders will then know that we are millionaires too and not mere drivers

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 8:37am On Oct 20, 2021
Felicity001:

Ha!!! Baba twale!

Guys this guy is a mechanic oh very good in his craft... I was dazed when I visited his workshop at No 16, Ogundele street, Oke-Oba yesterday.

Heyyy! Men dey here oooh... Boss thank you for the free diagnostics once again I really appreciate and again for the help with the overhauling of my car thanks a lot...

I really appreciate

You are always welcome sir.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 9:02am On Oct 20, 2021
oluwaseunla:

You are always welcome sir.
very humble and down to earth. A refined version of the other uncle, God bless you real good Sir

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:53am On Oct 20, 2021
emmancecute:
very humble and down to earth. A refined version of the other uncle, God bless you real good Sir

Which other uncle abeg
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:10am On Oct 20, 2021
Pearl1910:

Which other uncle abeg

Emmancecute

Co asking which other uncle ooo
Could it be the ? Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2021
Akinwunmy:

Boss, would a civic with over 200k miles survive this business in Nigeria? I intend to start getting civic based on feedback I get from partners.

200k miles is alot ... You can still use it and get the best out of it as much as possible. You can always get a tokunbo engine.. But funny enough with Tokunbo engine self, it is hard to know the true mileage .... Either way still get it and use the recommended oil 5w20 . U should be fine ........
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sbot: 10:21am On Oct 20, 2021
emmancecute:
very humble and down to earth. God bless you real good Sir

Oluwaseunla is a great man.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sbot: 10:22am On Oct 20, 2021
Akinwunmy:

Please get something with lesser mileage if you can.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 10:31am On Oct 20, 2021
emmancecute:

Emmm please who is the other uncle?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2021
grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigsunny01(m): 11:49am On Oct 20, 2021
Johnchrix:

Your location matters allot in the business, before starting the business check for a location with few operators to achieve minimal competition and maximum profitability. My street get reach like 15 points grin Sometimes I wonder how they meet up .

Baba pos na business for just de moment, where u dey now go still be crowded within short period, u will say I tell u

Transportation is so lucrative come rain come sun, people use transport every day

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:01pm On Oct 20, 2021
Una too dey fear to mention name here, I go soon mention the uncle's name ooo.
cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2021
BAZ001:

Emmancecute

Co asking which other uncle ooo
Could it be the ? Hmmmm

una too like violence for here. My fingers are paining me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2021
This plane don suffer o. Now, anytime I go ikeja or egbeda axis see plane dey land, now to dance e remain make I see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2021
How do they do this?(check attached picture)
At times I pick a rider and he/she says; I'll stop over to get something, and I'll be like; did you set it to "stop", the response would be; I don't know how to.
Someone should pls tell me how to set it, just like the attached.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
Barbiturate:
How do they do this?(check attached picture)
At times I pick a rider and he/she says; I'll stop over to get something, and I'll be like; did you set it to "stop", the response would be; I don't know how to.
Someone should pls tell me how to set it, just like the attached.

Rider can only add stops before requesting.
There is a + sign beside destination on the Riders App. After rider has requested and gotten a driver stops cannot be added again.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Barbiturate(m): 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
Pearl1910:

Rider can only add stops before requesting.
There is a + sign beside destination on the Riders App. After rider has requested and gotten a driver stops cannot be added again.

Alright bro. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2021
Barbiturate:

Alright bro. Thanks
Like this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4162) (4163) (4164) (4165) (4166) (4167) (4168) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: kayemjay(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.