Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4798727 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4512) (4513) (4514) (4515) (4516) (4517) (4518) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Thurmieee: 9:51am On Mar 06, 2022
Guys I need help.
I took my car to oyo,on the way it over heated and the cylinder got condemned.
They say I go buy new cylinder and ring. I did that.
The car come start but the work no complete.
They say na coil.
We buy coil.
After changing the coils it didn't get better. We come discover say the thing don mix oil and water. Na then the meco dey tell me say the block has broken when he open the engine, so he use something to gum it so I can manage it,say na the same place wey the water dey pass enter be that. Say na to buy new block.
I've already spent 140k like this.
Now there's an engine wey dey say he knock (corolla) say make I buy the block put am for cheaper. Do you guys think it can work? And my concern is that even if it works for the rola engine to knock shey he no go spoil the block? That in the long run he go come still dey short oil. Please I need Input. This is not the time to troll me abeg I'm really going through alot

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 10:01am On Mar 06, 2022
Thurmieee:
Guys I need help.
They say na coil.
We buy coil.
After changing the coils it didn't get better. We come discover say the thing don mix oil and water. Na then the meco dey tell me say the block has broken when he open the engine, so he use something to gum it so I can manage it,say na the same place wey the water dey pass enter be that. Say na to buy new block.
Now there's an engine wey dey say he knock (corolla) say make I buy the block put am for cheaper. Do you guys think it can work? And my concern is that even if it works for the rola engine to knock shey he no go spoil the block? That in the long run he go come still dey short oil. Please I need Input. This is not the time to troll me abeg I'm really going through alot

Have you priced the engine of your car to have an idea of the cost...

The block of the knocked engine is already weakened and it will on the long run start giving your issues as well...

If you have the fund try and get a tokunbo engine and if you can't afford it now, you can get the block and start saving from the day u install it as it might not last a year

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 10:07am On Mar 06, 2022
Y1nka:

Oga felicity001 which benz is that? Been looking for recommended benz that suits for uber (but not to rewlly be used for it). Just good maintenance one and affordable fuel consumption
Ask Felicity
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stephenponti(m): 10:08am On Mar 06, 2022
Thurmieee:
Guys I need help.
They say na coil.
We buy coil.

If the block is not worn out it will work fine with your rings. The mech will just transfer your Crankshaft, piston and ring to the new block you will buy, and couple everything and you will be fine.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:15am On Mar 06, 2022
Thurmieee:
Guys I need help.
They say na coil.
We buy coil.
The history of the knocked engine is needed.

I once had my cracked engine block sold to someone who's engine had knocked.
Just like in your case, he removed parts from his block and fitted in mine.

The engine is still serving the guy till date.

My assurance was that my engine never overheated while in use just that cracked block.

It's something you can attempt if you can get that assurance and have it fitted, working properly before you pay.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:17am On Mar 06, 2022
OfficialDJ:
5 years. kiss

Okay...any down payment?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 10:42am On Mar 06, 2022
Felicity001:

I only know how bolt drivers look those day with the lakpalapka Corolla and honda civic then ooh but ever since I started with my convertable Benz

Which model please
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 10:56am On Mar 06, 2022
Good day my bosses pls I need advice will you advice me I take apapa trip from aagage without surge... considering the traffic and rain pls I need you advice urgent
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Thurmieee: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2022
IFSHR:

Have you priced the engine of your car to have an idea of the cost...

The block of the knocked engine is already weakened and it will on the long run start giving your issues as well...

If you have the fund try and get a tokunbo engine and if you can't afford it now, you can get the block and start saving from the day u install it as it might not last a year
I have 360 Japan.
If I had known I would just leave it and gather money to buy new engine.
Now they have bought tokunbo cylinder and gasket and ring.
I don enter this one
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Thurmieee: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2022
chillex8:

The history of the knocked engine is needed.

I once had my cracked engine block sold to someone who's engine had knocked.
Just like in your case, he removed parts from his block and fitted in mine.

The engine is still serving the guy till date.

My assurance was that my engine never overheated while in use just that cracked block.

It's something you can attempt if you can get that assurance and have it fitted, working properly before you pay.

They say the engine has never been ringed.
My fear is that before an engine can knock that means oil finished inside right?
Before oil can finish in an engine then the engine was shorting oil before
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 11:08am On Mar 06, 2022
Gudvibes06:
Good day my bosses pls I need advice will you advice me I take apapa trip from aagage without surge... considering the traffic and rain pls I need you advice urgent

Apapa road be one kain, u fit enter one way, u fit enter hold up. Bargain with rider for offline. But if not, go at ur own convenience. Most trip from apapa will go to festac, some to island. You can be lucky
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Thurmieee: 11:08am On Mar 06, 2022
stephenponti:

If the block is not worn out it will work fine with your rings. The mech will just transfer your Crankshaft, piston and ring to the new block you will buy, and couple everything and you will be fine.
How do I know the block isn't worn out. Cos this meco isn't my meco na for oyo here I meet am. He said the block is still ok that it's my piston and crank he'll just put. I'll drop my own cracked block.
Towing the car back to lagos is 70k that's why I didn't even think of that.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:26am On Mar 06, 2022
Thurmieee:

How do I know the block isn't worn out. Cos this meco isn't my meco na for oyo here I meet am. He said the block is still ok that it's my piston and crank he'll just put. I'll drop my own cracked block.
Towing the car back to lagos is 70k that's why I didn't even think of that.

From my own understanding, it is a calculated risk. Let the mech go ahead with his work then. Just have it at the back of your mind that driving with such engine after the block replacement is like being on a gun powder.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:41am On Mar 06, 2022
Thurmieee:
Guys I need help.
They say na coil.
We buy coil.

Sorry for the wahala. The only reason u should rework a Corolla engine is if it was shorting oil.
If it knocked or badly overheated like your case then just replace the engine. Cos u will have to change virtually everything metallic inside that engine before u have a close to okay experience cos of thermal expansion.

Now d money u have spent so far is wasted if u stop halfway...and any more money u spend on that engine is potentially going to waste too, If it's only cylinder and rings u changed, u still have a long way to go on that engine.

Now, block of an engine that was knocked isn't going to be any better...maybe, except that it will not mix water and oil. But it will not perform well, hold pressure, or have power. I would have said don't buy block of engine that was knocked, but even if u go to d market to buy block, they will not tell u what happened to d engine that they are selling d block to u.

My advise is if u have money, change the engine at ones.
But because you have chook head already in the direction of rebuilding, then do an estimate of the cost of replacing everything including: block, crankshaft, piston, oil pump, water pump, camshaft, timing chain, valves, adjuster, etc and see before u decide if u want to put in more money to rebuild or replace the engine.

If u don't have money yet, let him put the block for not more than 10k (afteral na him do rubbish work before), payment after the engine has been mounted and d performance is okay.

Sorry for the experience.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:45am On Mar 06, 2022
OfficialDJ:
5 years. kiss

Thats Mr. Uche you just quoted there he'll even close the deal b4 the 5yra for you with better incentive attached. Uche dey dey use G-Wagon? Both of you can rob minds together grin

Abeg make una no 4get my % ooh I can't be middle man for nothing mbokgrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:59am On Mar 06, 2022
Y1nka:

Oga felicity001 which benz is that? Been looking for recommended benz that suits for uber (but not to rewlly be used for it). Just good maintenance one and affordable fuel consumption

You no c my ads up there?grin OfficialDJ has one for HPgrin with just a single trip you can get 50k. He'll also link you with special client for offline jobs and hiregrin but if you need something less sophisticated you can look out for C180 or C200 red top Will be more reliable make sure all are 4cyls. Its fuel economy can be compared to tye Civic, no need to worry about tye ground clearance it's very much okay but no carry am go that you Ghana waka oooh Badagry road will affect your bumbers. Those old C-classes (W202 and W203) are very strong, rugged and highly safe. My has 8 airbags.
The sound system is mad, comes with 8 speakers, one on each doors with 2 behind the and 2 Twitter speakers at the front doors, with wires are fiber optic wires for clarity.

But na maintenance be the koko ooh... Cars generally na maintenance shall, sweet to drive but expensive to maintain... Car no be for anyhow anyhow person like zazuzegrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 12:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
DeleTheD:
Fear people that will tell you that abroad is not easy and yet still there. Those ones are the real snakes.
. Partially true. Settling down abroad is not easy, as times goes on things becomes easier

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2022
Thurmieee:
Guys I need help.
They say na coil.
We buy coil.

Sorry about yiur ordeal bro... The deed as already been done now need talking backwards.

My only advice for you now is get another engine for your car b4 those mechanics turn you to a micro-finance bank... Just imagine N140k already spent yet problem persist.

See you, see your solution.
Just look for money and get another engine period.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Thurmieee: 12:07pm On Mar 06, 2022
Pearl1910:

Sorry for the wahala. The only reason u should rework a Corolla engine is if it was shorting oil.
If it knocked or badly overheated like your case then just replace the engine. Cos u will have to change virtually everything metallic inside that engine before u have a close to okay experience cos of thermal expansion.

Now d money u have spent so far is wasted if u stop halfway...and any more money u spend on that engine is potentially going to waste too, If it's only cylinder and rings u changed, u still have a long way to go on that engine.

Now, block of an engine that was knocked isn't going to be any better...maybe, except that it will not mix water and oil. But it will not perform well, hold pressure, or have power. I would have said don't buy block of engine that was knocked, but even if u go to d market to buy block, they will not tell u what happened to d engine that they are selling d block to u.

But because you have chook head already in the direction of rebuilding, then do an estimate of the cost of replacing everything including: block, crankshaft, piston, oil pump, water pump, camshaft, timing chain, valves, adjuster, etc and see before u decide if u want to put in more money to rebuild or replace the engine.

If u don't have money yet, let him put the block for not more than 10k (afteral na him do rubbish work before), payment after the engine has been mounted and d performance is okay.

My own car is matrix. But they say the corolla can work.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Thurmieee: 12:09pm On Mar 06, 2022
Thurmieee:

I'll just wait for them to loose the engine and see the damage in the block. They said everything is still working that only the block cracked. They are saying the block guy may collect 40k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 12:12pm On Mar 06, 2022
BAZ001:

Lol, I was almost going into depression or running mental at some point but this faceless thread became my distraction.

Let me give little scenario
I served (Nysc) in Lagos , got a job with multinational 2yrs after my service. Was sent on a project outside Nigeria for 3yrs. I was earning in dollars (estacodes) and all.
Fast forward to 2017/2018 Exxon Mobil took over the coy and all oil rigs and turned every staff to contractors with shitty pay (not less than 500k) and option of changing to permanent staff later... the rest is history.

First Uber driving : ( I had 1.6m cash in my account) I joined the hustle cos I thought you will earn 350k easily without stress.

2nd time: corona happened and we couldn’t go offshore again, we working from home. No more offshore allowance.
We are 9 in my team the first 3 guys dt travelled out in 2017 are now big boys. As in biggest boys
Long story short I’m the 8th person that left Nigeria after wasting my time trying to hustle and get good job cos I like Nigeria.

The only way I was encouraging myself was coming to laugh and catch cruise on this thread cos I can’t kee myself. When my former colleagues are driving 2020 cars and paying mortgage of mansion abroad, I’m her dragging with olosho/Lastma or fake alert 2000 naira.

Let me stop here for now,
But I will say it again any graduate in the age range of 25 - 38yrs driving Uber is wasting away precious time, energy and potentials.

I know it’s not easy cos I tasted of it.
BUT I will rather you do it as side hustle than be relaxed in it.

Well spoken, I pity some of us who are still driving the whole of Lagos like headless chicken grin. By the time they realise what is happening, time have passed them by.

Thats why the App coy made the fares so cheap so that you can always be on the road.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2022
Pearl1910:

I think I like this especially the last paragraph
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2022
GeneralZodd:

Well spoken, I pity some of us who are still driving the whole of Lagos like headless chicken grin. By the time they realise what is happening, time have passed them by.

Thats why the App coy made the fares so cheap so that you can always be on the road.

This is somehow a fact.

Making quick money will make you quit early just like some people that called it quit after making good dough last Dec.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OfficialDJ: 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
grin
Felicity001:

Thats Mr. Uche you just quoted there he'll even close the deal b4 the 5yra for you with better incentive attached. Uche dey dey use G-Wagon? Both of you can rob minds together grin

Abeg make una no 4get my % ooh I can't be middle man for nothing mbokgrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OfficialDJ: 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
Felicity001:

You no c my ads up there?grin OfficialDJ has one for HPgrin with just a single trip you can get 50k. He'll also link you with special client for offline jobs and hiregrin but if you need something less sophisticated you can look out for C180 or C200 red top Will be more reliable make sure all are 4cyls. Its fuel economy can be compared to tye Civic, no need to worry about tye ground clearance it's very much okay but no carry am go that you Ghana waka oooh Badagry road will affect your bumbers. Those old C-classes (W202 and W203) are very strong, rugged and highly safe. My has 8 airbags.
The sound system is mad, comes with 8 speakers, one on each doors with 2 behind the and 2 Twitter speakers at the front doors, with wires are fiber optic wires for clarity.

But na maintenance be the koko ooh... Cars generally na maintenance shall, sweet to drive but expensive to maintain... Car no be for anyhow anyhow person like zazuzegrin
comrade wey don mad grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
Thurmieee:

Corolla and Matrix use the same engine

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 12:59pm On Mar 06, 2022
Felicity001:

but if you need something less sophisticated you can look out for C180 or C200 red top Will be more reliable make sure all are 4cyls. Its fuel economy can be compared to tye Civic, no need to worry about tye ground clearance it's very much okay but no carry am go that you Ghana waka oooh Badagry road will affect your bumbers. Those old C-classes (W202 and W203) are very strong, rugged and highly safe. My has 8 airbags.

Considering this. What do you think boss?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gudvibes06: 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2022
I rejected the trip jare.. thanks boss

Y1nka:

Apapa road be one kain, u fit enter one way, u fit enter hold up. Bargain with rider for offline. But if not, go at ur own convenience. Most trip from apapa will go to festac, some to island. You can be lucky

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kingDavid5(m): 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2022
Y1nka:

Which model please

Baba make sure it’s a C180 Kompressor 2003 - 2005 … He get why grin

That “Kompressor” is not just for decoration o! There are other variants of the C-Klass same production years with 4 cylinders but with at least 12-24 plugs (yes Benz is that crazy) but the Kompressor is a 4plugs straight engine with normal drive system rather than the 4matic drive system.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2022
GeneralZodd:

73O9:

This is somehow a fact.

Making quick money will make you quit early just like some people that called it quit after making good dough lat Dec.

I think u guys are contradicting yourself.
I would assume if thats situation, then guys should easily drop d hustle, find something else to do and not be able to accomplish anything. People that have hang booth had other plans and it was achieved.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Y1nka(m): 1:23pm On Mar 06, 2022
kingDavid5:

Baba make sure it’s a C180 Kompressor 2003 - 2005 … He get why grin

That “Kompressor” is not just for decoration o! There are other variants of the C-Klass same production years with 4 cylinders but with at least 12-24 plugs (yes Benz is that crazy) but the Kompressor is a 4plugs straight engine with normal drive system rather than the 4matic drive system.

Thanks,

Relating to c280 , is this the same ?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kingDavid5(m): 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2022
Y1nka:

Thanks,

Relating to c280 , is this the same ?

Boss I hardly post on nairaland as I dey always enjoy reading the whole cruise, gbas gbos and not forgetting the resourceful & helpful responses people take their time to dish out here as a guest but as I see say Oga Feli Dey take too long to respond to that your question I decided to wade in due to my little experience. Lo and behold before I could login and post he had already done justice and his verdict wasn’t far off from what I was obliviously typing.

Now down to the C280 first off, you will be paying more for the car due to it luxury orientation (cool sweet interior with with smooth superb driving experience and upgraded safety features) and that’s where the V6 engine comes in. Just as you will hardly or never find a Lexus with 4 plugs engine the C280, C350(Baba) and I think the C230 comes with V6 base engine configuration unlike the C180 with 4plugs/4 cylinders hence the significant fuel consumption Oga Feli was likening it to the Corollas and Civics of this world.

So to answer your question sir, they are not the same because the C280 will cost you more to acquire, cost you more on fuel consumption, it will cost you more maintenance wise although not all of them are 4Matic. However, the additional luxury features might outweigh these costs depending on your orientation and how much of a Benz freak you are. Imagine what Oga Feli said about fiber optic sound wiring as far back as 2005-2007 cars and yes you’re getting a Harman Kardon audio system in the C280.

One the brighter and “ Pro” side, YES to more chicks grin, more compliments, more offline trips, more prestige but las las more cost when it’s time to attending to the car needs. Lastly, I’ve got to add they are all the same body frame and not just anyone will be able to tell the difference between the basic and luxury version so why not settle for the one wey go still give you peace of mind?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4512) (4513) (4514) (4515) (4516) (4517) (4518) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.