Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,077 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4733936 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4510) (4511) (4512) (4513) (4514) (4515) (4516) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2022

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CarGuideNG: 8:31pm On Mar 04, 2022
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by providencia(m): 8:52pm On Mar 04, 2022
[quote author=Macsjebs post=110753951][/quote]

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AgentXxx(m): 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2022
Felicity001:

They're no more there bro

Where is the closest Uber inspection center for those staying around abulegba (with no plenty wahala like car 34) ooo...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2022
No fuel and on a Friday night no surge cool shocked what nonsense from uber/bolt plus I don get ikorodu order from magodo more than 3 request now grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2022
eyinola:
No fuel and on a Friday night no surge cool shocked what nonsense from uber/bolt plus I don get ikorodu order from magodo more than 3 request now grin grin

Notification 4u to go homegrin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 2:40am On Mar 05, 2022
pope191:

Short people and scam grin I've always knw you are a scammer. Fear unserious peeps, within their jokes, they know what they are doing.

Now back to this job is this, this job is that... I'll say it again, I intentionally avoid the crypto wahala. My sermon has always been understand where you are presently and focus on what you want, most especially if you are not a family man or with one or two kids. This hustle is not as bad as we try to paint it, I'm not saying it's going to give you all you want, but it is a damn good place to start.

Baz001 the scammer congratulations, may that soil favour you. But how they allow you enter plane still deh suprise me, abi nah boat you use grin

Lol, I was almost going into depression or running mental at some point but this faceless thread became my distraction.

Let me give little scenario
I served (Nysc) in Lagos , got a job with multinational 2yrs after my service. Was sent on a project outside Nigeria for 3yrs. I was earning in dollars (estacodes) and all.
Fast forward to 2017/2018 Exxon Mobil took over the coy and all oil rigs and turned every staff to contractors with shitty pay (not less than 500k) and option of changing to permanent staff later... the rest is history.

First Uber driving : ( I had 1.6m cash in my account) I joined the hustle cos I thought you will earn 350k easily without stress.

2nd time: corona happened and we couldn’t go offshore again, we working from home. No more offshore allowance.
We are 9 in my team the first 3 guys dt travelled out in 2017 are now big boys. As in biggest boys
Long story short I’m the 8th person that left Nigeria after wasting my time trying to hustle and get good job cos I like Nigeria.

The only way I was encouraging myself was coming to laugh and catch cruise on this thread cos I can’t kee myself. When my former colleagues are driving 2020 cars and paying mortgage of mansion abroad, I’m her dragging with olosho/Lastma or fake alert 2000 naira.

Let me stop here for now,
But I will say it again any graduate in the age range of 25 - 38yrs driving Uber is wasting away precious time, energy and potentials.

I know it’s not easy cos I tasted of it.
BUT I will rather you do it as side hustle than be relaxed in it.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:37am On Mar 05, 2022
BAZ001:

Lol, I was almost going into depression or running mental at some point but this faceless thread became my distraction.

I served (Nysc) in Lagos , got a job with multinational 2yrs after my service. Was sent on a project outside Nigeria for 3yrs. I was earning in dollars (estacodes) and all.
Fast forward to 2017/2018 Exxon Mobil took over the coy and all oil rigs and turned every staff to contractors with shitty pay (not less than 500k) and option of changing to permanent staff later... the rest is history.

First Uber driving : ( I had 1.6m cash in my account) I joined the hustle cos I thought you will earn 350k easily without stress.

2nd time: corona happened and we couldn’t go offshore again, we working from home. No more offshore allowance.
We are 9 in my team the first 3 guys dt travelled out in 2017 are now big boys. As in biggest boys
Long story short I’m the 8th person that left Nigeria after wasting my time trying to hustle and get good job cos I like Nigeria.

The only way I was encouraging myself was coming to laugh and catch cruise on this thread cos I can’t kee myself. When my former colleagues are driving 2020 cars and paying mortgage of mansion abroad, I’m her dragging with olosho/Lastma or fake alert 2000 naira.

But I will say it again any graduate in the age range of 25 - 38yrs driving Uber is wasting away precious time, energy and potentials.

Hmmm...So this is your story.
At the Bolded is what I mean when I say let's face reality. Every graduate will love to work in a company that will pay handsomely well with good benefits, but it's more of a wish than a reality for millions of Nigerian youths cos those jobs are very very minute compared to d millions graduating every year.
So let's hold on to what we have to keep body and soul together until something better comes or Until ur dreams become reality.
The hustle has proven to be a very good foundation, stepping stone, part time, major business, cash cow, stop gap...anything u want it to be for u. We have heard many testimonies.
Just have a plan and a vision God will take us all to our promise land.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:37am On Mar 05, 2022
BAZ001:

Thank you bro...

Quickly come join. You will not queue for petrol and NEPA won’t take light, that alone don make me dey fresh and fat.

Maybe later later I fit try Uber but d last experience or my mind set of driving Uber in Lagos, is like a trap once u start to pull out is hard.

My brother , my brother ... Yankee no easy like that. There is more to life than good road, petrol and the basic things that a government should provide .....

Please and please prepare your mind mentally .. Yankee no send anyone and everyman for himself. Have a reasonable expectation of Yankee .. So many Nigerians couldn't handle Yankee coz they didn't prepare mentally for it ..

Some that came realize that they were jumping from fire to frying pan .. Yankee will make u man if you can survive .. There is no uncle, mommy, big Bros here to help out........

Realize now that work as just started for you.... The USA government provides you the basic things that a government should do .. It is up to you to figure out the rest .......

The reason am saying these is because , I had a friend few years ago .. He came just like the way you did. He was expecting me to do such much for him .. I did the little I can do , the guy finally realize that he is on his own .. He smarten up and got himself together...... There is a notion that if you can survive in Lagos, Nigeria . you can survive in Yankee or anywhere else in the world .. It is all smoke and mirrors my brother...

Either way good luck on your new journey...

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:57am On Mar 05, 2022
Pearl1910:

Hmmm...So this is your story.
At the Bolded is what I mean when I say let's face reality. Every graduate will love to work in a company that will pay handsomely well with good benefits, but it's more of a wish than a reality for millions of Nigerian youths cos those jobs are very very minute compared to d millions graduating every year.
So let's hold on to what we have to keep body and soul together until something better comes or Until ur dreams become reality.
The hustle has proven to be a very good foundation, stepping stone, part time, major business, cash cow, stop gap...anything u want it to be for u. We have heard many testimonies.
Just have a plan and a vision God will take us all to our promise land.

Good point bro ... I will back up my own point on Sunday........i always like to present evidence when I do things ......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 7:03am On Mar 05, 2022
I don resume for NNPC OJODU since 5am, dem say till 8am before they will start selling shocked

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tobisunday(m): 7:14am On Mar 05, 2022
dru23:

Good point bro ... I will back up my own point on Sunday........i always like to present evidence when I do things ......

Good morning chief pls can I get your number?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmodavidoX(m): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2022
eyinola:
I don resume for NNPC OJODU since 5am, dem say till 8am before they will start selling shocked
lol you came late. I left my house 2:39AM yesterday to queue at the total filling station on Diya street, Gbagada before 4am queue don long pass deeper life church side
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:25am On Mar 05, 2022
BAZ001:

We miss u Baz001... but what's Baz001 without the meme

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:51am On Mar 05, 2022
mejai:
This life sef!!! BAZ001 in lagos, Nigeria, is different from the abroad BAZ001.

Plssss come back cry we are missing u. No place like home grin in Gentlelife50 voice.

No place like home ?

No fuel at home
No light at home
No job at home
No money at home

Mbok hold home for us we will come back home later

[img]https://i./BUns.gif[/img]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:51am On Mar 05, 2022
BAZ001:

The story of my life - One Direction grin we all gat stories to tell, but first let's reach that point where we feel some sense of belonging or breathe the air of freedom.

When I say a good place to start, simply means you can save money from the proceed of Uber or Bolt and do whatever please you. Leave the country or not? best to know we all don't come from same background, so I can't actually tell anyone what to do, but obviously this hustle is not paradise, far be it from paradise. What sickens me most is the disdain that come with it, maybe we've been able to change the narrative over time, but it's still meant for the lowlife and peeps that life has pushed to the extreme. The irony of this job is seeing couple of my riders turn driver after some months, life no they easy I guess.

I have always say it that the energy is no longer there for me, most of the time I don't even relate with riders or play music. I am honestly not interested in the trip, oven suffered it, cos my attention is just to get the trips done, meet my target and get the F of the road. I don't know, my mind is always far away, some riders even complain about me being too gently and they like being chat up during trip. In my mind, you'll go and meet Ali Baba, but I still try to flow along.

About leaving the country... yes! some we say opportunities are here, but I'll say in the hands of few. What really matter is sanity, being birth here already put one at disadvantaged or short one. If anyone thinks I'm lying, try hustle Uber for 3 years over there and here and do the compare. It's not just about E hailing, but almost every sector of the country. During Jonathan, almost everyone was complaining about corruption l
Killing the country. Buhari's tenure nko? Complain ke! Is it not someone that have strength will push for strike. We've been beaten to accept our reality, only God knows what is coming next. Do yourself a favour, your children... born and unborn a favour, by taking them far away above poverty mentality.

Let me stop here, anyone that have sense enough, should understand 10 years from now, the country will still be swimming in mess.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:54am On Mar 05, 2022
eyinola:

Coming dia soon
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 10:57am On Mar 05, 2022
BAZ001:

No place like home ?

No fuel at home
No light at home
No job at home
No money at home

Mbok hold home for us we will come back home later

Hahahahaha.... Till I get the opportunity. Usain bolt no Sabi run.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:20am On Mar 05, 2022
dru23:

Congrats ...... Bro .. This is what happens when you don't owe anyone money .. You worked hard and you didn't snake anybody . ....

This is the progression bro ... Hit me up on my email and we can connect via whatapps.. Maybe we can put two heads together and progress together....

People of nairaland that are reading this .. In life never burn any bridges .. Because you will never know you will cross that bridge ......

Thank God I didn't burn any bridge and BAZZ001 didn't burn any bridge...

Together me and Bazz001 we progress together.. Baba do the needful ..... Send mail .....

Welcome bro .....welcome bro ........

Haba comrade
grin

Please let the sleeping snake crawl back to his hole in peace.

While he was busy digging up, I was busy making progress grin

PROGRESSION is the key word

[img]https://i./8CFA.gif[/img]

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:39am On Mar 05, 2022
dru23:

My brother , my brother ... Yankee no easy like that. There is more to life than good road, petrol and the basic things that a government should provide .....

Please and please prepare your mind mentally .. Yankee no send anyone and everyman for himself. Have a reasonable expectation of Yankee .. So many Nigerians couldn't handle Yankee coz they didn't prepare mentally for it ..

Some that came realize that they were jumping from fire to frying pan .. Yankee will make u man if you can survive .. There is no uncle, mommy, big Bros here to help out........

Realize now that work as just started for you.... The USA government provides you the basic things that a government should do .. It is up to you to figure out the rest .......

The reason am saying these is because , I had a friend few years ago .. He came just like the way you did. He was expecting me to do such much for him .. I did the little I can do , the guy finally realize that he is on his own .. He smarten up and got himself together...... There is a notion that if you can survive in Lagos, Nigeria . you can survive in Yankee or anywhere else in the world .. It is all smoke and mirrors my brother...

Either way good luck on your new journey...

In as much as I understand what you are saying.

But please don’t ever compare the work (hustle) in yankee to Nigeria or any other developed country.

Let’s use the present fuel situation as example, able body men wants to hustle but will go and queue for fuel 2:30am and still on queue till 8am just to buy fuel to hustle ?
The average Nigerian youth is not lazy, he wants to work but there is no work so they device means illegally like yahoo, olosho online hookup and all cos they have brain but no right place to Chanel it and they must survive. Look at how many people are asking for car to drive on this thread despite the scarcity and shitty fares.
Give Nigerian the basic things first and see potentials evolving.

Bring them abroad and come see how they will be working 3 jobs all shift cos they can work and earn money not begging to work.

I’ve never had luck of anybody helping me, all I need from people is to point me to right direction and guidance. I will be fine
I discovered this thread (Romeo n Ogunvic) in quest for knowledge.

If you can survive in Lagos you will survive anywhere, in Ukraine, in Russia , even North Korea self.
You don’t know what we go through in Lagos everyday ? Never resting mentally and physically Na up and down

[img]https://i./zsm.gif[/img]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cineinfo(m): 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
You this Baz. Sha leave the urge to much shalaye.

BAZ001:

But please don’t ever compare the work (hustle) in yankee to Nigeria or any other developed country.

Let’s use the present fuel situation as example, able body men wants to hustle but will go and queue for fuel 2:30am and still on queue till 8am just to buy fuel to hustle ?
The average Nigerian youth is not lazy, he wants to work but there is no work so they device means illegally like yahoo, olosho online hookup and all cos they have brain but no right place to Chanel it and they must survive. Look at how many people are asking for car to drive on this thread despite the scarcity and shitty fares.

Bring them abroad and come see how they will be working 3 jobs all shift cos they can work and earn money not begging to work.

I’ve never had luck of anybody helping me, all I need from people is to point me to right direction and guidance. I will be fine

If you can survive in Lagos you will survive anywhere, in Ukraine, in Russia , even North Korea self.
You don’t know what we go through in Lagos everyday ? Never resting mentally and physically Na up and down

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by humblesteve(m): 12:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
BAZ001:

Let him come back to Nigeria if it’s not easier there. These set of people, fear them. They’ll never encourage you to be better.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2022
dru23:

Dry is coming to show us his then vs now picture this coming Sunday everybody stay tuned oohgrin our uncle Gbagada is ready to size himself.

By the way where is my guy mrjaydee? Bro na so d beef serious reach? You no congratulate your guy wey just japa go yankee??

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by streetsoldier1(m): 2:26pm On Mar 05, 2022
BAZ001:

Ogunvic and Romeo got me into this thread, i even got a car through them, where are they sef... those guys were real hustlers but i guess biz went wrong at some point.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
BAZOO1 you better come back and continue doing Uber, remember you have no uncle and Yankee no easy oo.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
pope191:

Coming dia soon
they started selling ard 9am ;Imagine, a d attendant say sem no dey sell pass 5K..I had to tip 500 to get filled up
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2022
Felicity001:

Dry is coming to show us his then vs now picture this coming Sunday everybody stay tuned oohgrin our uncle Gbagada is ready to size himself.

By the way where is my guy mrjaydee? Bro na so d beef serious reach? You no congratulate your guy wey just japa go yankee??

grin Bazoo na my guy nah.. I never meant him any harm. Congrats short man...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2022
Why everywhere white today Saturday, abi na only my app

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
Gentlelife50:
BAZOO1 you better come back and continue doing Uber, remember you have no uncle and Yankee no easy oo.

Remember the boys selling gala and pure water wants to drive inside AC cars grin
You dis Mr Gentlelife50 pls Abeg you lemme oo, before you lead me to another trouble.

[img]https://i./3OK0n.gif[/img]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nezzjnr: 4:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
Where's CheerfulGiver when you need him the most cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmodavidoX(m): 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2022
eyinola:
Why everywhere white today Saturday, abi na only my app
mehn thought it was only me o. Every location highest surge wey I don see today na 1.3

Omo my last trip to Airport now from Ojodu Berger. Trip ended 2,100 bolt gave the woman 2k discount and asked me to collect 100 naira.

When the woman asked me how much, I was just confused and don’t know what to say.

I now gave her the phone to check and she saw it. She just laughed and said let her encourage me, then she gave me 2k.

So bolt usually give this much discount ?

I actually thought it was network issue before o

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4510) (4511) (4512) (4513) (4514) (4515) (4516) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.