Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4699) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4759139 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4696) (4697) (4698) (4699) (4700) (4701) (4702) ... (5693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 11:43am On May 21, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Eeyah. Moral low, if you enter street luck fit dey wait you oh.
Traffic don full everywhere now. I'll try in the evening.
Thanks boss

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:44am On May 21, 2022
ReadaDream:
Traffic don full everywhere now. I'll try in the evening.
Thanks boss

E fit be inside that traffic you go see your destiny helper oh!
Enter Road abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Thurmieee: 12:00pm On May 21, 2022
Abeg I wan buy Honda's dw1
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 12:29pm On May 21, 2022
ReadaDream:
Na next month o. grin

I just they roll on bed since morning

grin by now you suppose don deh 30k

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:30pm On May 21, 2022
ChristineC:
a lot of things in this comment are not true.
Apart from oil talks watin else be ??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 1:41pm On May 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

Lolz...but that's d truth.
Person wey no believe but get small sense can do d analysis.
How much fuel does that car consume today to n fro IB without AC, no traffic.
Divide it by 3 cos we r paying almost 3 times that price for an even substandard fuel with lower octane levels.
If this Indomie generation new how cold and quick evaporating fuel used to be 20years ago they will not even argue or doubt what I am saying.

If d person hasn't done that trip before, he can still use theory to check what I say;
Berger, Lagos to Challenge, Ibadan is about 100km.
To n Fro 200km
1k fuel at 65/litre is 15litres
For a car that does 13km/litre on highway, your 15litres will carry u 195km.

Donfortune, come n jot things down

Na me get small sense ba? No wahala smiley

Why remove AC and traffic from your analysis, there were cars with AC then even the ones that didn't come with factory fitted AC had it installed here and traffic back then was worse compared to now especially during redeem programs unlike now that they have brought it under control.

165 divided by 3 will never give you 65 unless you're buying fuel @ 195/ltr now. Let's be precise because few kobos can make a big difference.

Now you're using outskirt of Lagos to outskirt of ibadan as your case study, I live in egbeda and I usually go to apete area after sango. Why not use that?

So my dear friend, this time no amount of modification you can make to that your assertion that can make it right. Just admit you're wrong, you never like to do that even when it's clear you're wrong instead you'll be shifting goal post just to appear right grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sandammy(m): 1:57pm On May 21, 2022
Please experienced gurus help me with this car issue.
My civic will just stop accelerating while in motion. The first experience was on third mainland bridge while coming from ibadan. I managed it like that till I reached Lekki then after it cool down a little bit it was normal after I restarted the engine and it rev as it used to

I never encounter anything like that again since then until yesterday while I was on a trip it did same thing. I have to manage it like that till I finished the trip because. Once it start the speedometer won't go beyond 40 and will diminish once the road is no a level ground. No matter how hard I press the gas, it won't just respond.

I've scanned the car and there is no fault code registered on the ECU. I've also Google search the problem but no specific cause.

Abeg I can't continue with this wahala and be comfortable driving people up and down putting their lives and mine at risk
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:00pm On May 21, 2022
deedee44:

Why remove AC and traffic from your analysis, there were cars with AC then even the ones that didn't come with factory fitted AC had it installed here and traffic back then was worse compared to now especially during redeem programs unlike now that they have brought it under control.

165 divided by 3 will never give you 65 unless you're buying fuel @ 195/ltr now. Let's be precise because few kobos can make a big difference.

Now you're using outskirt of Lagos to outskirt of ibadan as your case study, I live in egbeda and I usually go to apete area after sango. Why not use that?

So my dear friend, this time no amount of modification you can make to that your assertion that can make it right. Just admit you're wrong, you never like to do that even when it's clear you're wrong instead you'll be shifting goal post just to appear right grin

I wasn't referring to you jare...they know themselves.

Berger to Challenge is still lag to IB, na my experience I dey give not an hypothetical situation.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 2:30pm On May 21, 2022
donfortune48:

E fit be inside that traffic you go see your destiny helper oh!
Enter Road abeg.
I woke up just now see say rain don they fall. Nah to sleep more jare OGA mi.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 2:32pm On May 21, 2022
pope191:

grin by now you suppose don deh 30k
Drop motivational quote sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:45pm On May 21, 2022
deedee44:

Is like deh don deh fight for the other house... P deedee44 you and who again? sounds like you are munching those Avocado our elders used to eat in 1910 raw.

I can only beg you... to err is human, to forgive is divine. Let they be room for modification, nobody is above misyarn.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:52pm On May 21, 2022
ReadaDream:
Drop motivational quote sad

Wake up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 4:09pm On May 21, 2022
sandammy:
My civic will just stop accelerating while in motion. The first experience was on third mainland bridge while coming from ibadan. I managed it like that till I reached Lekki then after it cool down a little bit it was normal after I restarted the engine and it rev as it used to

I never encounter anything like that again since then until yesterday while I was on a trip it did same thing. I have to manage it like that till I finished the trip because. Once it start the speedometer won't go beyond 40 and will diminish once the road is no a level ground. No matter how hard I press the gas, it won't just respond.

I've scanned the car and there is no fault code registered on the ECU. I've also Google search the problem but no specific cause.

Abeg I can't continue with this wahala and be comfortable driving people up and down putting their lives and mine at risk

1.Check your fuel pump., a weak fuel pump behaves like that.

2. Check your injector mouth, it might also be dirty.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by marksburg: 4:14pm On May 21, 2022
Please what is the meaning of this message on my dashboard again?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:15pm On May 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

I wasn't referring to you jare...they know themselves.

Berger to Challenge is still lag to IB, na my experience I dey give not an hypothetical situation.
Lol okay bro.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:17pm On May 21, 2022
sandammy:

Fuel pump. I may be wrong

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 4:35pm On May 21, 2022
marksburg:
Please what is the meaning of this message on my dashboard again?
Change your vehicle and go for inspection
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:54pm On May 21, 2022
northbird:

1.Check your fuel pump., a weak fuel pump behaves like that.

2. Check your injector mouth, it might also be dirty.

Also check your spark plugs

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:57pm On May 21, 2022
pope191:

Wake up
grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:00pm On May 21, 2022
YeyeGbami:

This car fuel consumption na baddest, when i dey do IT na this baby i dey use then. Manual transmission. #500 fuel from oshodi to V.I no shaking.

Then fuel na #65/liter, and i leave very early to beat traffic.

That's 7ltrs bro and I'm sure you'll have some left over fuel in the tank b4 refueling. My MB will do better.

I did 1500 fuel from Abule Egba to badore recently with ac o I still didn't see reserve light

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:01pm On May 21, 2022
Johnnybegood12:

Wait first ooo
So Felicity get dreadlocks?
Haaaaa!
AFI suru

grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:04pm On May 21, 2022
Debosneh31:

It was nice meeting you guys too, Blackbishop Na yahoo kazeem nah, him face show and em shoe shine

Felicity Aka Hoodlum driver, your dread na number one

Twalle boss... That your muscle enh e pain me say I no write the plate number down I for scratch am untop 3MD has han! D tin too clean watin self

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:06pm On May 21, 2022
sandammy:

It's d fuel pump
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 5:35pm On May 21, 2022
Gudvibes06:
Make dem block me self I tire for their Kobo Kobo trip no be everybody dey use Suzuki jare I wonder some people dey say Uber dey expensive pass bolt the 5% commission wey dem slash na riders dem give not drivers

Feli Abeg come teach me how to buy MB na make meself turn offline master.

Watin happen to your "much respect boss" abi e done finish?grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RaptObserver: 5:50pm On May 21, 2022
pope191:

No wahala boss

Boss I have seen the car. He said 23k weekly delivery that the car is 2.6 million and I should make down payment of %10
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RaptObserver: 5:51pm On May 21, 2022
Gudvibes06:
No take car wey you take 5 years pay o that's why I said if the price is right I can't imagine doing this for 5 years b4 peace of mind.

Boss I have seen the car. He said 23k weekly delivery that the car is 2.6 million and I should make down payment of %10
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2022
tobisunday:

Boss thanks for your concern I asked for mentorship here but no one was responding except deedee44... I know brt is a no go area but it does not look like brt lane it's wider than the brt lane u use to know and there are several cars ahead of me not knowing it was a trap...... Omo they use me catch cruise o... My rider got down and was trying to jump public bus... I just weak I couldn't do anything again I just off my app and burn fuel back home.

Gaddemit!!! In these trying times. I feel your pain bro. Quick one, there no hard & fast rules about the hustle like that , but the hustle comes with some intriguing moment, in which sadly, you've just being victim of one of such occurrences.

So, many advice/secrets has been revealed in the past, but it'll be difficult to locate some, considering the number of pages we've done on this thread.

However, note that in this hustle, its you versus the entire world, including Ushe and his app companies. Secondly, No one cares about you , No one owes you anything except for some few comrades, who may be willing to give their 2¢.

Embark on the route you're familiar with during daytime and you can take a gamble on some others late in evening - starting from 4p.m ( as task force, Lastma, gbogbo tí gbo go don dey pipe down small by this time)

Look out for signs and direction of traffic.
Follow your instinct oftentimes as it doesn't seems to fail.
Try&watch few 3-4 videos of driverpreneur on YouTube, it'll bring you up to speed about Lagos wahala and all.

In all, take this hustle as a stop gap measure, ensure you're looking for other opportunities to augment your finances.
In addition, this thread has two factions/groups - The Ants & LazyD - known as LazyDrivers... The two groups are synonymous or could be likened to "Shiite" & "Sunni"... Same cause but different approach...

In conclusion, your safety is Paramount. There risk factors associated with this hustle, just like any other side hustle. Make your safety your Number 1 priority. Your family still needs you.

All the best bro...
Gracias!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 6:36pm On May 21, 2022
RaptObserver:

Not a bad deal if the car is sound

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 6:43pm On May 21, 2022
Felicity001:

Watin happen to your "much respect boss" abi e done finish?grin

Na me get that line, bro.
Much respect, boss. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kpengla(m): 6:54pm On May 21, 2022
sandammy:

fuel pump is done
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 7:06pm On May 21, 2022
deedee44:

Why are you surprise. The guy na Janus. Two face personality. They talk from both side of the mouth

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by RaptObserver: 7:36pm On May 21, 2022
pope191:

Not a bad deal if the car is sound

The car is okay. The engine is good. Just the body needs little touches because the last driver who did delivery was reckless which made the man to say no more delivery but hired purchase. He even offered me first three weeks off to sort myself out before I start delivery

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4696) (4697) (4698) (4699) (4700) (4701) (4702) ... (5693) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: adamalalim(m), Glithronix, Foodempire and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.