Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,949 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4807) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4728389 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4804) (4805) (4806) (4807) (4808) (4809) (4810) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:31am On Jul 10, 2022
donbrowser:

I read your input and it's nothing but the truth. Dru is only trying to depopulate America. His wish about Trump coming back to lock the borders says it all. He wasn't sincere about the tax figures and all. Whatever rocks his boat though. If it was that bad, he would be on the next flight back to Nigeria.

I know someone who does selenium testing, I know how many jobs he does and how much he earns. Your submission just sums it all.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:36am On Jul 10, 2022
donbrowser:

I read your input and it's nothing but the truth. Dru is only trying to depopulate America. His wish about Trump coming back to lock the borders says it all. He wasn't sincere about the tax figures and all. Whatever rocks his boat though. If it was that bad, he would be on the next flight back to Nigeria.

I know someone who does selenium testing, I know how many jobs he does and how much he earns. Your submission just sums it all.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 7:34am On Jul 10, 2022
Dru23 have been an enemy of progress here for a long time.
He attacks anyone that suggests a better growth plan here. I've never seen him support the idea of people traveling out / learning a good high paying skill / taking jobs with growth prospect.
His only advice is for people to pick up rental cars and keep driving. Nothing more. The only way he believes anyone can succeed in this country is by driving uber.

Someone traveled 2020 and he's making over 200k with 2jobs already, but dru23 is rather seeing it as suffer head. Forgetting that the person is just 2yrs over there and will earn higher with time.
Many drivers that started HP here since 2020 are still struggling to pay off the 4m they signed for the HP. That's about 8k dollars in 2yrs, moving Lagos up and down. And dru is saying that someone doing 2 jobs to make 200k dollars is suffering.
When even pearl1910 that has many cars on rental equivalent of number of dangote trucks in Naija cannot boast of 10k dollars per year.

Please no one is discouraging others from joining uber. Especially young graduates. Our message here have always been for people that don't have better option to uber to please jump into it, but should never relax or get carried away by the little money they make driving. Always have an exit plan. Save up and go into better things as soon as possible. If you have what it takes to leave the country please do.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:54am On Jul 10, 2022
BAZ001:

My belle dey sweet as Fibel, northbird and Donbrowser dey add icing to the beautiful cake served by Fibel grin

I no get dru23 strength again, on this matter I’m an observer

[img]https://picfiles./541/541001.gif[/img]

Lol.. Fibel has contributed in 1 post than you have done....

Now Fibel was able to give details on types of IT a person can. This is what have been asking you to do. He was able to give at least 3 IT that a person can do from home...

Cloud software engineers
Automation test engineers
Penetration testers
Scrum masters
IT project managers
Cyber security experts

Now this is what I wanted you to do .. Which you never did.. It is like someone that wants to invest uber. At least I can point them to the right path and tell them the type of cars to use for uber......

Now with the list of IT jobs listed above by Fibel ... The audience or reader will now go and Google those types of jobs ... And see which 1 will benefit them .. At least they have something to go by .......

Now I Google Penetration Tester. It seems like an ok job .. The entry salary for that job is $87k per year and the highest is $138k per year.....

Fibel has given me more tools to work on.. This are the things I was asking of you to list........ Now if I wasn't running a business I will seriously look into it . but if someone is asking for advice on IT job to do I will Recommend it to them........

Now in terms of doing 2 or more IT jobs from home. IT companies are not happy about that. This will greatly affect productivity...

Telsa Elon Musk stated that he wants all their staff to come back to the office fully .. And if you can't do it than be ready to look for another job.

Which I greatly support.. We need people back in the office fully so that we can the best out of them .. As a business owner I will never support remote work .

Fibel mention taxes: The more money you make the more you get tax .. He mention getting tax like 25% or there about.. He didn't make sense to me because I pay at least 30% in taxes . Now imaging doing 2 or more jobs .. You end up working for uncle "Sam" IRS . All that working 2 or more jobs is slavery to me ..lol

I know some nurses that make around $35 per hour. Which is about $ 72k per year.. This is 40 hrs a week and anything after 40hrs is overtime and now becomes $52.00 per hour.. Must nurses just wan do 40 hrs and go home....

Now the smart nurses will go do their masters in nursing . And become a NP Nurse practitioner. They make roughly between $120k per year to $150k doing only 40 hrs a week. And they are not stressing killing or bending their backs .. This is what I call working smart ..............

And also as a NP you can set up your own practice and make more money. You will make very good money .........

The goal is to work smart , work less and make more money. Even if you are doing 2 IT and talk say it is easy etc. You still have to log in for certain amount of hours. You are still devoting your time whether work is slow or busy...........

I came to work smart not hard .. If am putting that much time for any job , I rather do it for my business...

I say no to slavery by working 2 jobs ..... Can't come and kill myself and work myself to death o. Work will always be there .. Once person drop dead from working 2 or more jobs.. Life continues and you will be easily replace.......

But if you drop dead working for yourself .. Hopefully you family will inherit whatever millions you left behind .. At least you left them a legacy .........

YOLO : YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE .........today was my off day to relax and chill with my guys.. Next week na to load my oyel .... It is tough loading , but I know say am doing for my future and investment .... My off the grid investment .. If u know u know ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 8:03am On Jul 10, 2022
@dru23.
You talk alot about working smart, yet you're an uber driving advocate.

Does it mean to you that driving on Uber is "working smart"?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2022
dru23:

Lol.. Fibel has contributed in 1 post than you have done....

Now Fibel was able to give details on types of IT a person can. This is what have been asking you to do. He was able to give at least 3 IT that a person can do from home...

Cloud software engineers
Penetration testers
Scrum masters
IT project managers
Cyber security experts

Now this is what I wanted you to do .. Which you never did.. It is like someone that wants to invest uber. At least I can point them to the right path and tell them the type of cars to use for uber......

Now with the list of IT jobs listed above by Fibel ... The audience or reader will now go and Google those types of jobs ... And see which 1 will benefit them .. At least they have something to go by .......

Now I Google Penetration Tester. It seems like an ok job .. The entry salary for that job is $87k per year and the highest is $138k per year.....

Fibel has given me more tools to work on.. This are the things I was asking of you to list........ Now if I wasn't running a business I will seriously look into it . but if someone is asking for advice on IT job to do I will Recommend it to them........

Now in terms of doing 2 or more IT jobs from home. IT companies are not happy about that. This will greatly affect productivity...

Telsa Elon Musk stated that he wants all their staff to come back to the office fully .. And if you can't do it than be ready to look for another job.

Which I greatly support.. We need people back in the office fully so that we can the best out of them .. As a business owner I will never support remote work .

Fibel mention taxes: The more money you make the more you get tax .. He mention getting tax like 25% or there about.. He didn't make sense to me because I pay at least 30% in taxes . Now imaging doing 2 or more jobs .. You end up working for uncle "Sam" IRS . All that working 2 or more jobs is slavery to me ..lol

I know some nurses that make around $35 per hour. Which is about $ 72k per year.. This is 40 hrs a week and anything after 40hrs is overtime and now becomes $52.00 per hour.. Must nurses just wan do 40 hrs and go home....

Now the smart nurses will go do their masters in nursing . And become a NP Nurse practitioner. They make roughly between $120k per year to $150k doing only 40 hrs a week. And they are not stressing killing or bending their backs .. This is what I call working smart ..............

And also as a NP you can set up your own practice and make more money. You will make very good money .........

The goal is to work smart , work less and make more money. Even if you are doing 2 IT and talk say it is easy etc. You still have to log in for certain amount of hours. You are still devoting your time whether work is slow or busy...........

I came to work smart not hard .. If am putting that much time for any job , I rather do it for my business...

I say no to slavery by working 2 jobs ..... Can't come and kill myself and work myself to death o. Work will always be there .. Once person drop dead from working 2 or more jobs.. Life continues and you will be easily replace.......

But if you drop dead working for yourself .. Hopefully you family will inherit whatever millions you left behind .. At least you left them a legacy .........

YOYO : YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE .........today was my off day to relax and chill with my guys.. Next week na to load my oyel .... It is tough loading , but I know say am doing for my future and investment .... My off the grid investment .. If u know u know ..

That's false again. Testers are massively needed in the USA hence the need to take 3 or more jobs. Testers are really hard to come by and you're barely attached to a company because you are really needed. USA do not have enough testers. If you understand what the job is also all about, you will know I'm telling you the fact.

Leave Baaz alone biko. Have you mentioned the business you do in USA?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:11am On Jul 10, 2022
donfortune48:
@dru23.
You talk alot about working smart, yet you're an uber driving advocate.

Those is mean to you that driving on Uber is "working smart"?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2022
donfortune48:
Dru23 have been an enemy of progress here for a long time.
He attacks anyone that suggests a better growth plan here. I've never seen him support the idea of people traveling out / learning a good high paying skill / taking jobs with growth prospect.
His only advice is for people to pick up rental cars and keep driving. Nothing more. The only way he believes anyone can succeed in this country is by driving uber

Someone traveled 2020 and he's making over 200k with 2jobs already, but dru23 is rather seeing it as suffer head. Forgetting that the person is just 2yrs over there and will earn higher with time.
Many drivers that started HP here since 2020 are still struggling to pay off the 4m they signed for the HP. That's about 8k dollars in 2yrs, moving Lagos up and down. And dru is saying that someone doing 2 jobs to make 200k dollars is suffering.
When even pearl1910 that has many cars on rental equivalent of number of dangote trucks in Naija cannot boast of 10k dollars per year.

Please no one is discouraging others from joining uber. Especially young graduates. Our message here have always been for people that don't have better option to uber to please jump into it, but should never relax or get carried away by the little money they make driving. Always have an exit plan. Save up and go into better things as soon as possible. If you have what it takes to leave the country please do.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:50am On Jul 10, 2022
donbrowser:

That's false again. Testers are massively needed in the USA hence the need to take 3 or more jobs. Testers are really hard to come by and you're barely attached to a company because you are really needed. USA do not have enough testers. If you understand what the job is also all about, you will know I'm telling you the fact.

Leave Baaz alone biko. Have you mentioned the business you do in USA?

But u never take the time to ask me .. If u don't ask how u would know.....am not a mind reader
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:05am On Jul 10, 2022
Pearl1910:

I may not know it all, but I definitely know this isn't how to drive a manual car.
U shouldn't start a manual car on gear,
if u must, u must first press down d clutch so car doesn't jerk forwards.
Remember u r on a slope so as u press down clutch d car is on free fall, so u have to hold break or handbreak.
Or u start the car on neutral, then engage d gear by clutching down. U can't release the clutch again if not engine jerks and goes off.
As soon as u r ready to move then u disengage the break while still pressing down clutch and accelerate in adequate measure while simultaneously releasing the clutch in the proportion u want the car to move. Going uphill u must not completely leave d clutch cos u still need power from d gear and if in traffic at the same time, d moment u break u have to clutch down again.
Now do u see how cumbersome, stressful and difficult this is if u r doing ehailing from morning till night, day in day out in a city like Lagos?

So really except u don't have a choice, I don't understand why u will prefer manual to automatic for ehailing in Lagos.
That reason of so u don't sleep and ur whole body will be active get as e be.

Bros bring buyer for one Highlander 2014 red make we share money abeg leave this manual talk... Money no dey theregrin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:14am On Jul 10, 2022
Felicity001:

Bros leave matter bring buyer for this 08 Camry Sport... Just fix the AC and complete the painting job dey drive am dey go gear and transmission dey very okay, no time to check Time...

Na chikini money

2m last!

Don't call me to price oooh if not I'll block yougrin

Sold 4 1.650m
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2022
Glithronix:
See as money dey waste. sad
See traffic. angry

e shock you say you on app you won't get any trip request but only for 31km PU grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:20am On Jul 10, 2022
chiboy1116:
My number has been going through . I haven’t gotten my full refund yet . My total money was 93800 . You guys sent back 85,000 . When am I getting my refund ?

You got 85,000 out of 93,800 and you're still coming to call the guy out like he has scam you.

Bro appreciate his sincerity, accept the one you already have and move on.

Life no ever balance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 11:23am On Jul 10, 2022
iCloud007:
What is going on gan gan

Odun nogrin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
73O9:

People express themselves differently, it's good others gave more valid points to buttress what bazz has been saying.

Trust me Bazoo can express himself perfectly well...I told u guys he is like that guy in secondary school who will never let you know his secret to passing exams, who will play with u so hard in d day but reads deep in d night alone, who will tell u exams was very tough but comes out with an A. Smart people understand what Dru is trying to do.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GiggsTk(m): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Thanks for asking after me, @GiggsTK. I've been going thru the thread for the past 2 hours, I never finish am. Been offline since 4 days ago.

As pertaining the car, someone promised me next week so still hoping it turns out well.

Pls if you have a car you can give me to drive on either rental or HP pls let me know o.

BTW I just finished ileya hooge 256GB RAM my neighbour served me with delicious fried rice.

grin
Na enjoyment you dey o...256GB

No problems, I'll give you a call
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
donfortune48:

Even an imb*cile will not assume someone's earnings or calculate someone's savings without information.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
Pearl1910:

Even an imb*cile will not assume someone's earnings or calculate someone's savings without information.

Prove me wrong nah.
Show proof.

I expected you to be happy that I used $10k.
When it's not up to $2k per yr in reality.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
donfortune48:

Prove me wrong nah.
Show proof.

I expected you to be happy that I used $10k.
When it's not up to $2k per yr in reality.

We tot u r a small boy, but you just showed you are a little kid.
You want me to show u my account balance?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
Pearl1910:

We tot u r a small boy, but you just showed you are a little kid.
You want me to show u my account balance?
Lolzz.

I know I'm a kid.
And you know I was right with my assumptions.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
GiggsTk:

Na enjoyment you dey o...256GB

No problems, I'll give you a call

Thanks, I'll be expecting
Zero 7 Zero 2 Six 7 Nine 3 Four 8 Six
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
My BAT advice.

No be everybody wey japa dey make am think twice.
Tax no be joke oh.

@dru pls more advice from the oil well is needed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
donfortune48:

Lolzz.

I know I'm a kid.

Congrats...u deserve an award.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
Fibel:
Dru, I have always enjoyed your posts and openness on this thread but I think baz001 is right on this one.
There are different IT fields where one can do two jobs or even 3 comfortably.
That your  friend is a programmer and decides to stick to one job is his choice but then again, I agree that programming jobs are tasking fields that demands attention especially if you're working for start up firms.
There are IT fields one can go in and comfortably do two to three jobs. Jobs like -
Cloud software engineers
Penetration testers
Scrum masters
IT project managers
Cyber security experts

IT is a broad field and if you don't get the right information you'll delve right into programming and think that's all to IT. Along the line you'll find out it's tasking and you weren't cut out for it. I have a friend who moved to the US in 2020 and he does two jobs comfortably,earns over 100k usd per month in each of them and can work from anywhere. He's Cloud software engineer and literally does two jobs. .....................

Programming is just but a subset in the IT field, the trick is to learn one of these  key languages - Java, python and Javascript and go into a field like data science, Test automation, cyber security, AI. Then sit down after learning, maximize your time and earn more  money.
Web development which most people just call programming is what  we mostly know here in Nigeria as IT, this might not be as high paying in the future and is gradually getting saturated.
I am in Test automation and I can tell you that I can do three jobs if I want here in Nigeria. I work remote and I control my time and resources. All I do is to have my test suite ready and when handed a project I run my tests, get results, analyse and that's it. I tried coding( web Dev)  but that wasn't for me because I didn't have the patience for that . I dropped my 2nd job last month because I am now taking a new programming language class as it is a requisite for the new role I am eyeing . All these because I want to be ready for the market when japa comes. And I just got into the IT field this year.

Special respect to Pearl1910 for your utmost maturity, Felicity,Dru, Pope, gentlelife, you guys keep the thread going and informative...

@Fibel, I've also been looking into going into the IT field for a while now and I'll appreciate if you can put me through on the necessary things I need to do.

I sent you a DM already we can talk from there. Thanks for putting out all of this information.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chiboy1116: 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2022
Felicity001:

You got 85,000 out of 93,800 and you're still coming to call the guy out like he has scam you.

Bro appreciate his sincerity, accept the one you already have and move on.

Life no ever balance
are u fucking kidding me rn ? U read my complaints and came up with this ? Do u run a business? Have u dealt with these guys b4? Abeg I be cool pesn , but wetin these guys do me . The level of frustration, u think say na 10k de make me wan spoil their business? These guys don’t know how to deal with customers , see the shitty replies I’m getting . I was always gonna come to Nairaland to complain even after the refund but I wasn’t even expecting them not to refund my complete cash . It’s all good though , I wanna be petty , cause the kind frustration wey I see for these guys hand make another pesn no see am inshallah

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
ReadaDream:
SOS

Avoid Lekki County and Ikota environment

No joy!!

Parts don hard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
Pope abeg help this person na

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by whatisthetruth: 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Please why does Indriver keep charging drivers when the passenger does not show?

I sometimes hate this indriver app passionately.

The riders are soooooooooooooooo useless, and they always make you wait longer than 5 minutes because they know that unlike bolt and uber, there is no paid waiting after 5 minutes.

Imagine I waited for 15 minutes for a rider today and after cancelling, she still had the audacity to abuse me and tell me that I am not patient. I just told her that my God will judge her, and ignored all her rantings and calls.

You make me wait for 15 minutes and you still tell me that I am not patient? God have mercy, God pleeeease.

They have taken almost 2k from me today and are saying they will refund me in 10 days, but why? Why even make a driver have to pay for a late passenger?

All these driver apps are just useless and I am tired of driving

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
ReadaDream:
grin That moment when you are heading to destination, following the map then you pass a U-turn only for the rider to say 'oga where are you going, you are supposed to make a uturn here?

You'll now be like, I'm going to the address on the App, Ejigbo.

Rider: No o, it's Ikorodu that I'm going to
grin

Ikorodu bawo, my friend come down fast grin na only Glithronix fit go that one grin
Well done. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

LWKMD...

Abegi, Leave Glithronix o grin grin

He's still learning. He'll always get better.
No mind am. grin
Person wey dey among the legends wey I dey learn from here.
We die here. grin
Much respect, boss.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 11:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
Felicity001:

e shock you say you on app you won't get any trip request but only for 31km PU grin
That day, I lost 5 drivers scores. grin
Come see PU of 15/20/22mins.
Omoh, riders self cancelled on me tire. grin
That's why I get some areas/situations wey be say, I go offline and zoom to a sane area and come online back.
I don recover my DS back sha.
Much respect, baba.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
Pearl1910:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4804) (4805) (4806) (4807) (4808) (4809) (4810) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.