Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4767543 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4891) (4892) (4893) (4894) (4895) (4896) (4897) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dahflemzy(m): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
ReadaDream:
VIO guys were everywhere around Victoria Island today.

They used one Toyota Matrix to stop me at Dideolu estate approaching Ligali Ayorinde. I wanted to clear off the road for them to do their thing, then I remembered I have a straight line crack on my windscreen (about 10inches in length) . I wasn't ready to part with 20-40k for fine.

The one that stopped realized I wasn't going to park, he called on his colleague, now they are two standing in front of my car. I waved to them to move aside, they didn't, I put the gear in Neutral, reved the engine (as chance will have it, I have a leaking exhaust only noticeable when I rev)... They heard the sound, nobody told them before they moved aside. One of them hit my side mirror luckily it didn't break.

Naso I take escape. One of the girls wey I carry talk say so as this man calm since, he get shoko for head grin Lagos go teach you

I applaud you
But then, shey u know sey driving with a straight line crack is not an offence though dangerous... Only a shattered one is considered an offence
Most people don't know this.
I've been driving my mum's car with a cracked windshield to some far destinations and I've never been stopped.
I even get one screenshot... Mah post am

Those people don chop people money gan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2022
ReadaDream:
Me wey still they gather money to replace tires and one front shock. VIO no fit spoil my joy lailai
If chance dey I dey even climb their spike japa, buying another tire is better than begging someone for hours.
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2022
dahflemzy:

I applaud you
But then, shey u know sey driving with a straight line crack is not an offence though dangerous... Only a shattered one is considered an offence
I've been driving my mum's car with a cracked windshield to some far destinations and I've never been stopped.

True
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 7:59pm On Aug 12, 2022
Gentlelife50:

If chance dey I dey even climb their spike japa, buying another tire is better than begging someone for hours.
grin
Bro, that's the best thing. Escape first, the rest is secondary. Imagine they got hold of me, they would have successfully ruined my day. Second trip of the day o.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2022
dahflemzy:

I applaud you

The time and energy to argue this with them is what I don't have. You know that in Nigeria, the official account of a particular public office will tweet about their rules of engagement with the citizens but when their boys get to the field, they do something else entirely e.g Police and Checking of people phones.

Time is money, and today been Friday, those guys need to take money home I bet they won't listen to anything I have to say. Best is to avoid them at all cost.

See that their base at Anthony/Ilupeju, I avoid taking trips to that axis except on Sunday or morning before 8am.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2022
ReadaDream:
Bro, that's the best thing. Escape first, the rest is secondary. Imagine they got hold of me, they would have successfully ruined my day. Second trip of the day o.
I don't even want to start imaging what would have happened, nonsense.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lagusboyyy(m): 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

No be all of dem bro.
But,MOST of THEM.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlechika(m): 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2022
Guys, where's komodapson? I just hope he's fyn

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2022
YeyeGbami:

you follow buy from baz001 abi cheesy

Until una go put me for trouble grin

ReadaDream Na correct guy, he no follow dem do time na money… strategy (drive 15mins to pick for 700 trip, cos no traffic ) grin

But Lagos is something else, na so so side mirrors dem dey target, dem break my side sotee my Igbo spare part seller called me on phone to come buy side mirror from someone that removed follow come to put fancy side mirrors.
since Ive been driving here, no single scratch at all on my car, tyre's intact no picking of nails, no pot hole, no muddy roads to dey wash car everyday.

Upon all my defensive driving lesson I go reach house still see yellow paint on my car… how ?when ? Lagos go humble you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AgentXxx(m): 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2022
You don quick pass their driver’s test Abi na international license you Dey use
BAZ001:

ReadaDream Na correct guy, he no follow dem do time na money… strategy (drive 15mins to pick for 700 trip, cos no traffic ) grin

But Lagos is something else, na so so side mirrors dem dey target, dem break my side sotee my Igbo spare part seller called me on phone to come buy side mirror from someone that removed follow come to put fancy side mirrors.
since Ive been driving here, no single scratch at all on my car, tyre's intact no picking of nails, no pot hole, no muddy roads to dey wash car everyday.

Upon all my defensive driving lesson I go reach house still see yellow paint on my car… how ?when ? Lagos go humble you.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2022
AgentXxx:

Bro I don pass every ooh. Without license you can’t register a car and drive here. (Own a title)
But the physical test na war, you must fail twice before you pass shaaa
You must use two hands throughout, if you take one hand off … Gbam failed.
If you want to reverse and you don’t look out for blind spot… Gbam failed.

Upon all my defensive driving and Lagos driving.
But guys gave me code on 2nd attempt and it worked… follow who know road.
Not all this old uncles grin

Modified: you can drive with Nigerian or intl license but you can’t register a car without yankee license. Cos he will soon come for me now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnnybegood12: 10:21pm On Aug 12, 2022
Bolt is loosing it really fast!
With the current reality of bolt, It's better to do a 30km trip on Indriver for 3k, than do same on bolt without surge.

So today I did a trip from ago palace way to ebute Metta about 28km, about an hour trip, 56mins precisely and the bolt app calculated the fair as 2,200naira, I was pained.
Now the funny thing is, immediately, I got a request on 1.4 surge from Borno way to Randle avenue, 8km trip, 32mins and it ended 2,400 naira.
Bolt!
Bolt!!
Bolt!!!
Hmmmm......and I did 12km 40mins trip for 3k on Indriver.
Indriver is coming bolt be careful.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2022
BAZ001:

Bro I don pass every ooh. Without license you can’t register a car and drive here. (Own a title)
But the physical test na war, you must fail twice before you pass shaaal

Upon all my defensive driving and Lagos driving.

Modified: you can drive with Nigerian or intl license but you can’t register a car without yankee license. Cos he will soon come for me now

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2022
BAZ001:

But the physical test na war, you must fail twice before you pass shaaa

Upon all my defensive driving and Lagos driving

Musa 2.0 grin you dey give me material to follow catch cruise grin thank u bro so grin

U no go kill me with laugh o grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2022
dru23:

You have forgotten you don’t know how to drive until last year/covid 19 break grin
When veteran drivers are talking newbies like you should be silent grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:56pm On Aug 12, 2022
BAZ001:

You have forgotten you don’t know how to drive until last year/covid 19 break grin
When veteran drivers are talking newbies like you should be silent grin

You are dry grin u are not creative at all grin .......u can see how I use ur words or foolishness to match the memes...
Try to be creative and let's have fun grin don't be dry ..........just be more creative ... It will give the readers better thing to laugh with...... grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:28pm On Aug 12, 2022
dru23:

You are dry grin u are not creative at all grin .......u can see how I use ur words or foolishness to match the memes...
Try to be creative and let's have fun grin don't be dry ..........just be more creative ... It will give the readers better thing to laugh with...... grin

Se you don drive in and out of Lagos trenches before?
You know trenches ? Akute , agbado ijaiye , ogolonto, trade fair …?

When you drive in and out of trenches without going to ladipo the next day then you can talk to me

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2022
dru23:

Or na dis one you want ? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fk001(m): 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2022
YeyeGbami:

You wan do give away for boyz?

Johnchrix
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 11:49pm On Aug 12, 2022
fk001:

Johnchrix

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:32am On Aug 13, 2022
BAZ001:

Or na dis one you want ? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:34am On Aug 13, 2022
BAZ001:

Certain things are not meant for public consumption.

It shows that you are part of millions of people that USA has lifted up from poverty .. Certain things the public does not need to know..

Even thou you are grateful for your new environment, but try and not expose or say things that people will use to mock you........

Never give people the impression that you need them .........

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bashydemy(m): 12:43am On Aug 13, 2022
Hello house, My name is Ademola. Am interested in driving Uber atleast to make end meet. I need an car for weekly delivery or higher purchase. I can be reached on 09161113187 same on WhatsApp.

Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dahflemzy(m): 2:56am On Aug 13, 2022
ReadaDream:
The time and energy to argue this with them is what I don't have. You know that in Nigeria, the official account of a particular public office will tweet about their rules of engagement with the citizens but when their boys get to the field, they do something else entirely e.g Police and Checking of people phones.

Time is money, and today been Friday, those guys need to take money home I bet they won't listen to anything I have to say. Best is to avoid them at all cost.

See that their base at Anthony/Ilupeju, I avoid taking trips to that axis except on Sunday or morning before 8am.

You're right... Person gahs sharpaly think am.
Gbayii boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:56am On Aug 13, 2022
BAZ001:

Se you don drive in and out of Lagos trenches before?
You know trenches ? Akute , agbado ijaiye , ogolonto, trade fair
…?

When you drive in and out of trenches without going to ladipo the next day then you can talk to me

Mama's cooking is coming up ......

To answer your question .. I didn't need to go through that........And the reason for that? I will keep people guessing .........

I will not volunteer any information about myself.. It is better to have people guess and wonder .......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 5:11am On Aug 13, 2022
AgentXxx:

When traveling out, go with your Nigerian Driver's license

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 6:06am On Aug 13, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Be a man and do your job
angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 6:07am On Aug 13, 2022
Lush100:

If u mean registration of vehicle papers for freshly bought vehicle for road usage.
55k.

If u mean registration of vehicle on e-hailing app.
Ask a hoodlum expert such Viking, Felicity,pope,Glithronix.
Boss, abeg no tag me with hoodlums oooh. grin
Na jéjé I dey my amateur lane, abeg.
Much respect, boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 6:10am On Aug 13, 2022
sonshyne:

I saw it. I was at Olowora when the request entered. I just look away. Nah him sabi
Omoh, e shock me.
Some people get mind sha.
E sure for me say one of those fastest ginger crabs go Don accept am and God knows wetin go don happen. lipsrsealed
Much respect, baba.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nickvanilla(m): 6:12am On Aug 13, 2022
Has anyone been having difficulty paying Bolt's commission. I've been trying since yesterday, and I keep getting this feedback. Screenshot below.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 6:12am On Aug 13, 2022
obinoral1179:
this should be cruise..
I just hope so.
Omoh, I just dey pray make Indriver add "paid waiting" to their app, na only that one remain make dem get 9/10 from me.
If dem come reduce the days dem dey return money for cancelled rides join, na 10/10 rating for dem.
Much respect, boss.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Holla2bohsun1: 6:24am On Aug 13, 2022
Lush100:

If u mean registration of vehicle papers for freshly bought vehicle for road usage.
55k.

If u mean registration of vehicle on e-hailing app.
Ask a hoodlum expert such Viking, Felicity,pope,Glithronix.

Thank you for your response

(1) (2) (3) ... (4891) (4892) (4893) (4894) (4895) (4896) (4897) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.