Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5031) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4798950 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5028) (5029) (5030) (5031) (5032) (5033) (5034) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2022
Pearl1910:

Hmmm...guy.
Carry yourself to church. Bishop and Pope need to lay hands on you and your car.
Nna, see as u take check on them. By the way, where is pope191 sef?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Thurmieee: 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2022
Don't go to the third mainland bridge from the island
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2022
This woman say na Festac, like play like play, her host don direct us reach Alakija Old road grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Snrman1: 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2022
RaptObserver:

Engine knock?
yes bro it was shorting oil I have ringed it still no change. The engine finally gave up yesterday

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2022
Snrman1:
yes bro it was shorting oil I have ringed it still no change. The engine finally gave up yesterday
No be you collect Honda on HP? Be like na lemon them package give you angry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Snrman1: 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2022
ReadaDream:
No be you collect Honda on HP? Be like na lemon them package give you angry
na so we see am but we move

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Besto(m): 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
badtlimo:
please what about someone who has never been in the field while In school. I’m currently a political science student in the university and I don’t know math … is it something I can still learn ??

Yes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
Snrman1:
na so we see am but we move
What Engine do you have in the car? 2.0 or 2.4/5?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Snrman1: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2022
ReadaDream:
What Engine do you have in the car? 2.0 or 2.4/5?
2.4 engine wanted to downgrade to civic before this happened such is life
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
Snrman1:
2.4 engine wanted to downgrade to civic before this happened such is life
Downgrade as how? The owner partner was going to replace the car with a Civic?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Snrman1: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2022
ReadaDream:
Downgrade as how? The owner partner was going to replace the car with a Civic?
yes that was the plan before the engine finally gave up
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2022
Thurmieee:
Don't go to the third mainland bridge from the island
3rd mainland bridge to mainland is blocked. Na clinic road and Carter bridge dey suffer am now.
Much respect, boss.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:15pm On Oct 23, 2022
Snrman1:

Sorry man...it is well, even in the well.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2022
Pearl1910:

Hmmm...guy.
Carry yourself to church. Bishop and Pope need to lay hands on you and your car.

grin grin cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thoollz: 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

grin grin cheesy

I'll give you a tip concerning knowing your destination. Always ensure your GMAP is opened at all times, once you input the name of the street, road, close or drive you aren't familiar with on GMAP, it'll show you the location.

For instance, if you input Kusenla road, it'll let you know your destination is Lekki, or Olu Holloway in Ikoyi etc. That'll help you make your decision to embark or disembark on such trip.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SamuelTaiw0(m): 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
thoollz:

I'll give you a tip concerning knowing your destination. Always ensure your GMAP is opened at all times, once you input the name of the street, road, close or drive you aren't familiar with on GMAP, it'll show you the location.

For instance, if you input Kusenla road, it'll let you know your destination is Lekki, or Olu Holloway in Ikoyi etc. That'll help you make your decision to embark or disembark on such trip.

Yeah. I was supposed to do that but then my map was just malfunctioning yesterday. It kept restarting. I believe it was my phone. I should have asked them where they were going before I moved away from where I was parked.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:

Yeah. I was supposed to do that but then my map was just malfunctioning yesterday. It kept restarting. I believe it was my phone. I should have asked them where they were going before I moved away from where I was parked.

Another thing na to dey very calm when working, it works for me. Before i move an inch towards any rider, i’ll ask and confirm their destination and pick up.

E get one day wey i carry rider from isolo, they said phase one. Naso i face lekki o, we don dey reach clinic road before i understand why map dey give me route back towards berger.

Police still con catch me for one way, na those riders bail me out (govt people)

Before we con pass 3MB go omole phase one. Just be calm and don’t let anyone pressure you.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 12:47am On Oct 24, 2022
ReadaDream:
I get your point bro. Not like I miss his trolling, my comment is just out if concern.

I mean he's not been on Nairaland since then, at least if he ignores this thread it's understandable but going awol. Well I hope he's ok.

I thought dru23 was the moderator in disguise?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 12:53am On Oct 24, 2022
Pearl1910:

Hmmm...guy.

Na Pope get this kind customer.... his problem is above my pay grade

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 6:27am On Oct 24, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:
Hmmm... I was not even been able to come on this thread for more than twice last week.

Last week was my first week driving and it was full of events, learning and adjustments.

I had car issues (my car is not a Tokunbo car) so I spent a large portion of time at the mechanic's place. Car is in good condition now. I also had several bashes in traffic because of my brakes. Brakes are in perfect condition now.

Last Monday, I used rida app because my bolt and Indriver were not yet active. That rida, their prices are too cheap. And pickup distances are too far. Imagine driving 1hr 30mins to pickup a 10mins trip and the app won't tell you 1hr 30mins to pick up it will tell you 10mins. It's when you open the map you will know. At like Ikeja are still better but still, it's shitty app, I had to ditch the it.

Tuesday I drove to bolt office at Lekki to rectify my bolt account. It was as if they won't open the account.

I found a way on Wednesday. Drove to VI and did short short trips. At a point, around 8pm I was tired and hungry, somehow, I had been doing card trips so no cash. I parked the car on Muri Okunola street. Trekked and look for GTB withdrew and ate indomie. Trekked back, was still tired feeling sleepy. I started the car it won't start. I just slept in it overnight. The next morning I discovered I had transmission on D not P after I turned off the engine, I put it on P and started engine, it responded at once. My tired was really tired the previous day.

Thursday and Friday, I didn't work. Car was at the mechanic's to fix brakes and some others. I was with them till late at night on the two days.

Yesterday, Saturday was when I now really drove but I got arrested by taskforce at Festac.

Left mechanic's shop around 1pm to start hustle.

First ride took me from Ojodu to Surulere, did many short trips within Surulere and then a trip to Festac.

Had to cough out 50k to have the car released at night. I had already made about 10k between 1pm when I left the mechanic's shop and around 5pm when I was arrested for using one way (ABC Transport Road on Festac) I didn't know that road was one way. ( Me that I've said I won't go on any trip that takes me to Festac. My plan was to drop the riders, go offline and find my way out of there ASAP)

I've realised nothing is in that Festac for me. Na wahala full there.

My partner paid 30k of it. I raised the rest. One Danfo bashed me again at obalende yesterday night.

For me, I see it as paying my dues on the road. I will continue and payback all the money I owe. I strictly need to limit the areas I visit to areas I'm familiar with. In all, I thank God.

I don't think there's anyone here doing the hustle that hasn't faced LASTMA or Taskforce. It's part of the Job.
grin grin
How many packets of indomie and egg u consumed?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vivalavida(m): 6:32am On Oct 24, 2022
mejai:

grin grin
How many packets of indomie and egg u consumed?

Abobi chill jare. Allow guy man make e eat belleful. The hustle is not for the weak.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AgentXxx(m): 6:40am On Oct 24, 2022
Yes you can, Not all IT jobs requires knowledge of maths. I will advise you start courses on IT Support/Desktop Support. Go and enroll for this two courses on coursera “Google IT Support” and “IBM Technical Support” then after the two of them take CompTIA ITF or A+ … with the above well learnt, you are ready for an Entry level job but even though the probability of getting sponsorship with this skills is low but you can easily get a job if you travel. Create a LinkedIn profile once you have those certifications I stated above and be hopeful of God’s grace.

NB: you can also get a Cloud Certification too Either Microsoft Azure, Amazon Cloud or IBM cloud.
badtlimo:
please what about someone who has never been in the field while In school. I’m currently a political science student in the university and I don’t know math … is it something I can still learn ??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 10:59am On Oct 24, 2022
Good day everyone,

Just wanted to share my own opinion about this hustle. I only work Saturday and Sunday and I must confess this hustle make sense to a large extent,I do net more than 50k for the 2days. One rider asked me how much can I give my car out on rentals,I said I can't, except if u re ready to pay me 50k per week,I can't imagine using the car everyday and u will pay me 3ok per week and still use same money for maintenance.

Let ask ourselves we owner or even drivers, if u re to give ur car out,how much re u expecting?

Though I understand all the problem during the week,task force and other vampire that may take all of ur income,but to be sincere setting a target of 10k per day is very simple and easy to achieve.

My story

I took the car on HP September 2020 and was able to pay the 2m around July 2021, thou, it wasn't only Saturday and Sunday, then I do run comot for work as to pay up in time. after the payment,I bought a land of 400k in d bush of agbowa to be precise and right now I can boost of 1m plus savings and I targeted 1.5m by December ending, though doubt if I can achieve that,bcs this year I did naming ceremony and I spent 200k plus.

Note:
I work with Lagos state but my salary is nothing to be sincere but just concerned about the future of the work,the money I spend per week on food is more than my salary in a month,so don't even mention my salary as an added advantage.

In conclusion,this hustle can still go a long way for a serious minded person,cut unnecessary spending and be focused,thou I still believe God is on my side,bcs hummmm a day out there can make u run into total Lose. but mind u, life itself is full of risk......laslas be prayerful.
Peace

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 11:04am On Oct 24, 2022
abefeabebi:
Good day everyone,

Just wanted to share my own opinion about this hustle. I only work Saturday and Sunday and I must confess this hustle make sense to a large extent,I do net more than 50k for the 2days. One rider asked me how much can I give my car out on rentals,I said I can't, except if u re ready to pay me 100k per week,I can't imagine using the car everyday and u will pay me 3ok per week and still do use same money for maintenance.
Let ask ourselves we owner or even drivers, if u re to give ur car out,how much re u expecting.

Though I understand all this problem during the week,task force and other vampire that may take out of ur income,but to be sincere setting a target of 10k per day is very simple and easy to achieve.

I took the car on HP September 2020 and was able to pay the 2m around July 2021, after then I bought a land of 400k in d bush of agbowa to be precise and right now I can boost of 1m plus savings and I targeted 1.5m by December ending, though doubt if I can achieve that,bcs this year I did naming ceremony and I spent 200k plus.

Note I work with Lagos state but my salary is nothing to be sincere but just concerned about the future of the work,the money I spend per week on food is more than my salary in a month,so don't even mention my salary as an added advantage.

In conclusion,this hustle can still go a long way for a serious minded person,cut unnecessary spending and be focused,thou I still believe God is on my side,bcs hummmm a day out there can make u run into total Lost,but mind u life itself is full of risk.

Those two days you work. Daily how much fuel do you use?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 11:04am On Oct 24, 2022
Guys, daily how much do you spend on fuel?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abefeabebi(m): 11:20am On Oct 24, 2022
desmondDessi:

Those two days you work. Daily how much fuel do you use?

Don't forget I said net not gross, my gross was 90k, for 50k gross on Sunday I use like 6k fuel and Saturday Even with 6k fuel I gros like 40k. Plus and minus fuel and commission I will have like 50k left,mind u indriver make the net higher

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by desmondDessi(m): 11:30am On Oct 24, 2022
abefeabebi:

Don't forget I said net not gross, my gross was 90k, for 50k gross on Sunday I use like 6k fuel and Saturday Even with 6k fuel I gros like 40k. Plus and minus fuel and commission I will have like 50k left,mind u indriver make the net higher
So your gross just working Saturday and Sundays in a week is 50k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Midunman: 11:34am On Oct 24, 2022
Good morning house. A colleague of mine is about to get a car for bolt/Uber. The owner registered the car in Oyo state but my guy wants to work in Lagos. Can he register the car with bolt in Lagos with the oyo state plate numbers?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2022
Blackbishop:

I thought dru23 was the moderator in disguise?

Nah, it’s not dru. Dru has been dragged many times over the years on nairaland and nothing shook him.

This TheModerator person is a well known moniker here that has a thing against cheerfulgiver and decided to create a new moniker to gaslight him.

If truly that TheModerator guy had anything real to use against cheerfulgiver he wouldn’t have resorted to creating a troll account for it. Remember how his first post was to accuse cheerfulgiver of being a scammer and stealing his vehicle without any proof whatsoever. If truly cheerfulgiver did such then why hide behind an anonymous account to accuse him? Does it make any sense?

The guy is just an envious and pained fellow and a coward as well. As I engaged him he forgot everything about cheerfulgiver and started on my own case lol. Now where is he? He has gone cold, nothing to do with his troll account again. He has now switched to his usual one to continue in his sad uneventful life as usual.

He’s just a low life Coward grin

I saw him before and called him to come out and play but he ran away, I told him he will slither back into oblivion but I never thought it would be this soon angry he fall my hand well well. I thought he had more of a fight in him but alas . . .

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheModerator: 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
Conner44:

Dru23 is okay. Stop worrying about him. Whenever he’s ready to start engaging guys here he will.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
[quote author=TheModerator post=117833141][/quote]

grin I was expecting to see my prik today

I know you’re a well known regular commenter here lol

But wait first let me ask, why are you like this? Why do you feel you can just come and start laying false accusations against people anyhow? What do you plan to achieve or accomplish?

What did cheerfulgiver do to you? Did he steal your wife?

Your case is not only sad but very funny cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheModerator: 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
Conner44:

grin I was expecting to see my prik today

I know you’re a well known regular commenter here lol

But wait first let me ask, why are you like this? Why do you feel you can just come and start laying false accusations against people anyhow? What do you plan to achieve or accomplish?

What did cheerfulgiver do to you? Did he steal your wife?

Your case is not only sad but very funny cheesy
Mumu, Wowo.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5028) (5029) (5030) (5031) (5032) (5033) (5034) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: northbird and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.