Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,151 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5037) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4770148 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5034) (5035) (5036) (5037) (5038) (5039) (5040) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 8:20am On Oct 27, 2022
Please what's the situation with fuel in Lagos? I heard everyone is selling now.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jaymejate: 8:21am On Oct 27, 2022
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jahmarsh: 9:13am On Oct 27, 2022
Please I want to ask a question.
A potential partner said he wants to know where my guarantor lives.
He meant he will follow to their house. Is it okay? Kind of suspecting.

Do you advise that I allow it?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 10:01am On Oct 27, 2022
jahmarsh:

Some of them do....no harm.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:46am On Oct 27, 2022
Felicity001:

Wow! Congratulations!!!

No wonder you re now having sense these days.

Welcome to mumu men club (mmc)

Infact ehn. Chai. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 10:53am On Oct 27, 2022
xana101:
Fuel is scarce and expensive yet Bolt no surge. Are they not aware?
Surge is dynamic. You can only have surge when there are more passengers than drivers available. Bolt has lost customers to indriver. There are more bolt drivers in a particular area, than there are passengers willing to spend money on Bolt. I can't stress this enough. They are a sinking ship and will drag down every driver stubbornly clinging on to them.

Don't believe me. Do your research.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 11:24am On Oct 27, 2022
CheerfulGiver:
Infact ehn. Chai. grin
Wow!!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hazim(m): 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2022
1daboi:
Civic 08, alloy rims, leather seat, very sound engine and gear, chilling ac going for 1.7m.
Buy and enjoy. All the shocks are intact

If still available kindly char me on WhatsApp o7ofive822475seven.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2022
jahmarsh:

Lolz...what are you suspecting grin is your guarantor your babe?
After submitting the required Information, verification is next. Without which the aim of requesting for ur information and that of your guarantor is defeated.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by busayo2uk: 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2022
go to your bank and fill a chargeback form. they will reverse within days

mejai:
Men, this country sef. I say make I use my last card go buy fuel, reach POS, access bank wahala start. Transaction declined, but acct debited. Imagine say person don buy fuel first. Wahala!! I vex carry reserve tank dey go house say make I go chill, rest kwanu, as I dey enter house, nepa commot light since 8am.
No light, no cash reversal, no fuel. I just dey like dis. Tufia.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2022
SamuelTaiw0:
Hmmm... I was not even been able to come on this thread for more than twice last week.

Last week was my first week driving and it was full of events, learning and adjustments.

I had car issues (my car is not a Tokunbo car) so I spent a large portion of time at the mechanic's place. Car is in good condition now. I also had several bashes in traffic because of my brakes. Brakes are in perfect condition now.

Last Monday, I used rida app because my bolt and Indriver were not yet active. That rida, their prices are too cheap. And pickup distances are too far. Imagine driving 1hr 30mins to pickup a 10mins trip and the app won't tell you 1hr 30mins to pick up it will tell you 10mins. It's when you open the map you will know. At like Ikeja are still better but still, it's shitty app, I had to ditch the it.

Tuesday I drove to bolt office at Lekki to rectify my bolt account. It was as if they won't open the account.

I found a way on Wednesday. Drove to VI and did short short trips. At a point, around 8pm I was tired and hungry, somehow, I had been doing card trips so no cash. I parked the car on Muri Okunola street. Trekked and look for GTB withdrew and ate indomie. Trekked back, was still tired feeling sleepy. I started the car it won't start. I just slept in it overnight. The next morning I discovered I had transmission on D not P after I turned off the engine, I put it on P and started engine, it responded at once. My tired was really tired the previous day.

Thursday and Friday, I didn't work. Car was at the mechanic's to fix brakes and some others. I was with them till late at night on the two days.

Yesterday, Saturday was when I now really drove but I got arrested by taskforce at Festac.

Left mechanic's shop around 1pm to start hustle.

First ride took me from Ojodu to Surulere, did many short trips within Surulere and then a trip to Festac.

Had to cough out 50k to have the car released at night. I had already made about 10k between 1pm when I left the mechanic's shop and around 5pm when I was arrested for using one way (ABC Transport Road on Festac) I didn't know that road was one way. ( Me that I've said I won't go on any trip that takes me to Festac. My plan was to drop the riders, go offline and find my way out of there ASAP)

I've realised nothing is in that Festac for me. Na wahala full there.

My partner paid 30k of it. I raised the rest. One Danfo bashed me again at obalende yesterday night.

For me, I see it as paying my dues on the road. I will continue and payback all the money I owe. I strictly need to limit the areas I visit to areas I'm familiar with. In all, I thank God.

I don't think there's anyone here doing the hustle that hasn't faced LASTMA or Taskforce. It's part of the Job.
sorry for your ordeals... I never get time tell my story but I will advised you limit your self to area you are familiar with.. like me I basically operate between Maryland,ikeja,yaba,surulere, kosofe. Island are sparingly and I have had just one encounter with lastman which was me trying to beat the light before they stop me and I was a novice then and I couldn't argue with them and I gave them 5k but I'm always careful while driving especially areas I don't know the area....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
ReadaDream:
Samueltaiwo... Welcome officially to the game. Stay strong, better days ahead.

Try as much as possible to reduce the bashing, drive carefully, no dragging of road.

I told you the other day that you will go to some places you never expected to be, just wasn't expecting you to go to Festac from Surulere. It's not worth the stress; to me.

Please get the car in good shape, you need a very sound car to make it in this hustle. Use your map at all times till you are familiar with most places.
When you are unsure of the road/route, ask!
Correct..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2022
busayo2uk:
go to your bank and fill a chargeback form. they will reverse within days

reversed!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2022
Mynd44, this one u r here..... Hope we are safe? I see u o. grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 4:34pm On Oct 27, 2022
mejai:

Who no go like see wetin millionaires dey discuss smiley

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jahmarsh: 4:34pm On Oct 27, 2022
stacyadams:

Some of them do....no harm.

Alright thank you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jahmarsh: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2022
Pearl1910:

Lolz...what are you suspecting grin is your guarantor your babe?
After submitting the required Information, verification is next. Without which the aim of requesting for ur information and that of your guarantor is defeated.

smiley
Thank you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2022
northbird:

The case of shooting oneself in the foot, Bolt made Indriver grow quickly by sending them hundreds of drivers they blocked senselesly by their driver score app. Indriver gladly received the tools and made magic. grin

Less than two years, and they are already giving Bolt a good run for their money...... Uber is no where to be found . No surge @ Magodo phase 2 today.
Funny enough, the same riders you are trying to protect by forcing trips on drivers, will still jump ship to Indriver when the opportunity arises.
Check out the giant Billboard Indriver mounted along CMD road.

Indriver should just continue the way they are like this..allowing driver and rider to do anyhow..Rider cancel anyhow, you drive to pick up point and you have to beg rider to come out because they know there is no sanction or any additional fees..Driver cancel anyhow too, i do that alot..you insult me, i curse your mama, na indriver i no need your rating. At a point i was looking at the whole business model of indriver, i THINK this is what FIT us as nigerians. The anyhowness...Uber still thinks this is a sane society.I pity them..You have to be mad to deal with madness..Werey la fi n wo werey....Indriver is just there to connect driver/rider, any other thing is not their business. I like it!

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Baker77: 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2022
jaymejate:
I am still looking for a car to drive on rental by the way.

I'll appreciate your connection or if you have a car to give. Thank you.
whats app me bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2022
Una just dey start.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2022
This new bolt policy no dey affect una for Lagos? Or na only Abuja?

Bolt don block all forms of cancellations. Whether you arrive and cancel or rider cancels, your DS and CR will drop. People wey dey on 99% all of a sudden don drop to 75. cheesy By next week more than 90% go don chop blocking.

Everyone don dey plan port to RIDA app over here. Since Indriver is still relatively unknown.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2022
dapotemi:

Indriver should just continue the way they are like this..allowing driver and rider to do anyhow..Rider cancel anyhow, you drive to pick up point and you have to beg rider to come out because they know there is no sanction or any additional fees..Driver cancel anyhow too, i do that alot..you insult me, i curse your mama, na indriver i no need your rating. At a point i was looking at the whole business model of indriver, i THINK this is what FIT us as nigerians. The anyhowness...Uber still thinks this is a sane society.I pity them..You have to be mad to deal with madness..Werey la fi n wo werey....Indriver is just there to connect driver/rider, any other thing is not their business. I like it!
QED!!! We no deserve that polished style. Mbanu!! Cha-cha!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2022
dapotemi:

LMAO.

Abeg you too talk truth. Calm down and drink up... By December we count scores... 1m in December on indriver is suddenly Iooking too small. Bolt and uber will be properly buried.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CheerfulGiver: 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2022
YeyeGbami:
Una just dey start.
Werey dey speak English

"We are confident that these changes will have a positive impact on your earnings opportunity" yen yen yen yen

1 HR trip on uber on uber, 3100. Commission 25%. Driver is left with 2325

1 HR trip on indriver, 3100. Commission 9.85%. Driver is left with 2794.

Why would I drive for uber forever?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Midunman: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2022
1daboi:
Civic 08, alloy rims, leather seat, very sound engine and gear, chilling ac going for 1.7m.
Buy and enjoy. All the shocks are intact

Location?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2022
Viking07:
This new bolt policy no dey affect una for Lagos? Or na only Abuja?

Bolt don block all forms of cancellations. Whether you arrive and cancel or rider cancels, your DS and CR will drop. People wey dey on 99% all of a sudden don drop to 75. cheesy By next week more than 90% go don chop blocking.

Everyone don dey plan port to RIDA app over here. Since Indriver is still relatively unknown.

Na una go dey tell them riders to download indrive, no time. Bolt too greedy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilkech(m): 11:10pm On Oct 27, 2022
mejai:

He came to sanitize the thread small grin

Before kidnappers start trailing me to my office thinking I’m the millionaire you all keep talking about here thanks to TheModerator and his digging tendencies wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilkech(m): 11:22pm On Oct 27, 2022
Felicity001:

Thanks my brother, I'm in real estate, automobile sales and anything legit bro.

Bring business lets share money abeg no time for bad energy... All these energy we deposite here can be channel into productive earnings

But I understand the vawulence is important to relief some stress tho, naija hardgrin

Well.done bro, you'll need additional deliverance thogrin

Baba no mind me. The vawulence is indeed needed once in a while. Dem don report me here tire sootay mods ban my other account grin

In my own hustle I major in passenger and cargo transportation. I’ve worked with many major transportation companies. If it concerns moving heavy cargo around the country I’m your man.

That’s why you see me on this thread at times and it’s the same reason I always speak out when some disgruntled ones come up to castigate the business thinking others can’t succeed where they failed.

That’s the only reason why I am hated here, because I tell people to believe in what they are invested in as a hustle that brings food to their tables. A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step and a bird in hand is worth 50 in the bush. The grass isn’t guaranteed to be green on another persons lawn, tend to yours well and watch it flourish.

My deliverance has been rescheduled cheesy Pastor said this time pope must be involved wink

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilkech(m): 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2022
CheerfulGiver:

LMAO.

Abeg you too talk truth. Calm down and drink up... By December we count scores... 1m in December on indriver is suddenly Iooking too small. Bolt and uber will be properly buried.

Nwokem, me I still dey look forward to that N1m dashboard oh, it will be the highlight of this year for me I swear grin

More power - More power.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilkech(m): 11:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
RuneKingThor:

If that's is him then he is a complete clown. He needs to seek help fast.

It’s him. He’s the one. I can only pray he finds peace in whatever is troubling him before it takes his already fragile sanity away
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lilkech(m): 11:29pm On Oct 27, 2022
Felicity001:

Bills no dey let person close eyes again these days oohgrin
Each time I say let me read up to catch up with the thread the thread seems to be running far away from me with 40 pages... What is really happening here self... Is druski and keku back??

Nah, it’s not dru. Dru has never had any beef or quarrel with cheerfulgiver here before that I can remember.

It’s one of the old “Uber is a scam” people wink the ones that believe everybody must fail where they themselves failed.

But God pass them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 12:21am On Oct 28, 2022
computerglobal:

Instant Comprehensive Vehicle History Report

Recovery Of Lost Custom Papers(Instant)

Custom Duty Verification((Instant)

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away..

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

(1) (2) (3) ... (5034) (5035) (5036) (5037) (5038) (5039) (5040) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Resurgent2016 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.