Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4774626 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5133) (5134) (5135) (5136) (5137) (5138) (5139) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
mejai:
Is ur car Toyota Corolla south African model?

It’s an Avensis.

All the systems just started shutting down one by one

Brakes
Speedometer
Power steering

I now parked and see smoke billowing from the engine bay.

The shhh just kept burning, even after using about half a fire extinguisher can on it, until we got the bright idea to disconnect the battery.

As soon as the battery was reconnected, it started burning again, which means the abs module is always powered whether the car is on or off as long as the battery is connected,

I have read a couple articles online that detail cars being burnt down at car parks cause the abs just started burning, and no one was around to notice or stop it.

It’s quite a scary situation, honestly. Now I don’t even want to park anymore with my battery head still connected, but that would mean the computer would have to relearn idle rpms and stuff, but I’ll take that over a burnt vehicle.

Below is a pic of the burnt abs module. You can see that it’s the computer that is burnt. Not sure how the computer is isolated from the pump, but maybe brake fluid leaked into the computer and caused it to short out, just a theory.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
Pearl1910:

The rat said the bullion van miss road and entered tinubus house. Ehhh God... That is was empty. If it wasn't going to right place how did they know it was empty. Then he even said it wasn't on election day. See how he looks na...I don't even know how people like this get access to Cable TV.
Something that Tinubu himself has already agreed to and said it's not a crime for someone to have plenty money and request to make a huge withdrawal.

Not that I put this here so that we can argue on it. I am just completely surprised that people still campaign for this party.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BestTrades: 6:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 6:40pm On Jan 26, 2023
Una they enjoy for this Abuja o. Chai.
Highway na highway

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2023
VaselineCrew:

It’s an Avensis.

Brakes
Speedometer
Power steering

The shhh just kept burning, even after using about half a fire extinguisher can on it, until we got the bright idea to disconnect the battery.

As soon as the battery was reconnected, it started burning again, which means the abs module is always powered whether the car is on or off as long as the battery is connected,

I have read a couple articles online that detail cars being burnt down at car parks cause the abs just started burning, and no one was around to notice or stop it.

It’s quite a scary situation, honestly. Now I don’t even want to park anymore with my battery head still connected, but that would mean the computer would have to relearn idle rpms and stuff, but I’ll take that over a burnt vehicle.

Below is a pic of the burnt abs module. You can see that it’s the computer that is burnt. Not sure how the computer is isolated from the pump, but maybe brake fluid leaked into the computer and caused it to short out, just a theory.

https://www.nairaland.com/5908302/mans-toyota-corolla-2013-caught/1
I think Gazzuzz had a thread about it later. Contact him for solution. It was common with Corolla of south African model.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2023
VaselineCrew:

It’s an Avensis.

Brakes
Speedometer
Power steering

Almost every major module in a vehicle is equipped with a fuse. The rating of your abs module (when actuating) should be around 20A, manufacturer installed a 50A fuse so when ever there is an issue the fuse will burn.

An electrical fire would require at least 80-100A to be sustained.

What does it tell me? You or your technician bypassed a fuse.

Good luck and follow the rules next time.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25pm On Jan 26, 2023
mejai:

https://www.nairaland.com/5908302/mans-toyota-corolla-2013-caught/1
I think Gazzuzz had a thread about it later. Contact him for solution. It was common with Corolla of south African model.

bypassed fuses all of them.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 7:26pm On Jan 26, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

bypassed fuses all of them.
Tanx Chairman for passing by🏍️
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Almost every major module in a vehicle is equipped with a fuse. The rating of your abs module (when actuating) should be around 20A, manufacturer installed a 50A fuse so when ever there is an issue the fuse will burn.

This does make a lot of sense.

Though, my fuse box has been modified slightly over the years and those 50 amp fuses are hard to inspect on my vehicle. I can’t seem to lift the plastic glass covering of those static, high rated fuses.

Thanks for this yo! I’ll do some wire tracing and investigation later since I have all the wiring diagrams on my PC.

Thanks again.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
Why are thier battery running down?
grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2023
Gentlelife50:
grin

. . . on Season 1, episode 3 of UNFORTUNATE UBER DRIVERS . . .

RODRICK , the ant Uber driver has entered his own ‘one chance’ today. Hopefully he isn’t at a place where lastma can tow his vehicle or agberos can waylay him cry

It’s a very pitiful experience I tell you. Do Not Be Like Rodrick , get your own personal insurance against drained batteries and flat tyres asap.

Remember that emergencies do not announce themselves as they approach wink but when they catch you it’s your own mouth that will be raising all the awareness begging and crying grin

Save up and get your own unit today. Tomorrow is always pregnant for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 10:13pm On Jan 26, 2023
Gentlelife50:
grin

They refused to buy CAT , their tire go still less join.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2023
YeyeGbami:

They refused to buy CAT , their tire go still less join.
Na only Corner44 go come rescue them. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2023
Crvrider:

Not that I put this here so that we can argue on it. I am just completely surprised that people still campaign for this party.

He owes them a debt... they want to repay
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:07pm On Jan 26, 2023
Gentlelife50:
grin

They have bypass fuse😂😂😂

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks for passing by Chief...Biko don't leave us.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
Pearl1910:

They have bypass fuse😂😂😂
Corner suppose call him to remind him that he's supposed to have the cat stuff
grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 12:47am On Jan 27, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRfhwN7ZQSo

On a lighter note,base on prevailing economic realities and for austerity purpose,this device should suffice,not that overpriced piece of "cat",that will set you back 120k
Source:piyke
Gentlelife50:

Corner suppose call him to remind him that he's supposed to have the cat stuff
grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 7:14am On Jan 27, 2023

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:36am On Jan 27, 2023
easytig:

On a lighter note,base on prevailing economic realities and for austerity purpose,this device should suffice,not that overpriced piece of "cat",that will set you back 120k
Shey na driver wey never see money to rent battery go come afford to buy 120k equipment?
E choke

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:23am On Jan 27, 2023
easytig:

This one make sense...hope it's not 100k

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:27am On Jan 27, 2023
Pearl1910:

Even if it is, Uber drivers are not poor.
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:37am On Jan 27, 2023
Gentlelife50:

Even if it is, Uber drivers are not poor.
grin

but we spend wisely.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by easytig(m): 11:01am On Jan 27, 2023
Since dollars has finally killed and buried the naira @ over 740naira for 1 dollar,exchange rate has spoil things o, though it was less 15k just two years back.
Pearl1910:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 11:30am On Jan 27, 2023
easytig:

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:31am On Jan 27, 2023
Pearl1910:

but we spend wisely.
Okay buying that equipment isn't spending wisely?
Corner I told you this is the wrong market for your equipment, go to car dealers you won't hear.
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2023
Please what is the solution to this..... I can't end the trip and I'm just stuck here....

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 1:58pm On Jan 27, 2023
obinoral1179:
Please what is the solution to this..... I can't end the trip and I'm just stuck here....
Probably you have not updated the latest version.
Try check your app store and update it. Then restart your phone.
BTW: you dey accept 1k trip? angry
Much respect, boss.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
Viking how una they cope for this Abuja? VIO and road safety officials just full everywhere shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
Pearl1910:

Not that they don't know this but they are happy to be the Oluomo of ehailling industry. Who wouldn't want to sit and money will be raining into his bank account?
When u interact with these guys they are just full of bitterness and anger for the ehailing companies? Maybe because some of them have been blocked, rather than go and look for something else to do they are on a mission. For them, it's better Uber and Bolt folds up and go back to their country.

One would think if they so much want things to go well, they would have built their own app by now...put all the mega features, do marketing and and launch it free of commission and let it compete.

You need to see these Union leaders of the said N.U.R.T.W, they have offices doing nothing but meetings on how to extort motorist, violate rules and use position and power to oppress the drivers. Unionism in 'Nigeria' is simply redirection of resources to another pockets of thieves. I hope the gullible driver agitating and supporting these bird of ill-omen will understand this is a trap and not for benefit of drivers in the real sense. Broken reed set of people. Imagine anyone trusting FG to fight for them at this point in time.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
pope191:
@Glithronix did you just drive pass landmark? Kind off wearing a blue native with brown shoe?

Make una no wound una foot oo...
Was this the shoe you saw? grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Snrman1: 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
Where una day see fuel buy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5133) (5134) (5135) (5136) (5137) (5138) (5139) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.