Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4816606 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5206) (5207) (5208) (5209) (5210) (5211) (5212) ... (5705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 12:38pm On May 05, 2023
izzou:

An[i] agent has no risk in any deal[/i]

Na me get car; and i might be losing if the price is wrong

A buyer has his money; and he may be losing if the car has issues

So what exactly is an agent risking?

When you want to sell your car, put it here and on Jiji. Make sure your price is favourable and you'll see the calls you will get.

That was why i told you that an agreement must be made.

If i don't have any agreement with you, i will not lose a customer because your profit is not guaranteed.

Na my own be that

Then why are we discussing this issue?

The fight here is against the agent not against the owner. So sir, An agent has majorly the risk in any deal. If not we won't be here calling an Agent a liar on the said Benz.

Abi you no hear say agent chop punch for this matter? Which other risk you want again? Make them use Gun shoot him blokos?

I sold a car to somebody (as an agent), one week later the owner came to me that he he needs the Jack, spanner and Fire extinguisher from the car that I should call the new owner for it. Thinking it was whining next thing na back of counter I dey from dey respond to the issue. grin

Another one recently, sold a car but the new buyer begged he will need the plates just to take the car to PH and send it back in 2 days time. Owner say nope but on the condition that it is when she sees her plates she will release my agreed commission to me. Till today the new buyer no return plate, previous owner say she don use my commission do new plate. undecided

So you see how agent has got something's to risk on a deal. Agent is the catalyst to most deals. Nobody says you can't sell your stuff yourself. But if I am involved with agreement, then I have something to risk too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FASASI1(m): 12:45pm On May 05, 2023
Felicity001:

What I see here is a disgruntled greedy, selfish, wicked and jealous man who doesn't like to see anyone succeed. He's just a sadist.

😂 Why should I be jealous of a liar ?? Someone that is engrossed with greed ??

You hustle no affect my own but your own body dey hot when money dey involve.

You quickly edited your post claiming the owner wanted to sell the car at a lost but you are here telling everyone you sold a good car. I just wanted you to expose yourself and you gladly did

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:49pm On May 05, 2023
izzou:

Everybody is an agent.

Abi agents get their own personal buyers for their phone?

When you put your product online, and your price is a great bargain, you'll get calls. Or is that not what agents do here on NL?

As long as me and am no get agreement, i will not lose my gain for some agent that has nothing to lose.

So make i pursue customer and lose 2M because of person 400k?

Never!

Lolz...this izzou no sound like Igbo man o.
Also Pope, I sure say u no be Igbo man.
The person sent you the client, without him, u wouldn't get to meet the client. So u have to comply or u wait for the one that will see ur number online and call u directly. It will be unethical to sell to that person without giving the agent or facilitator the agreed amount.

I was in ladipo market yesterday, hussler carried me to d section that they sell what I wanted to buy and acted as if he is d owner of the shop. The owner just sitdon dey look us. I knew the drill so I pressed for the best possible deal. Today he has chop, but tomorrow I will go straight to d place myself. I take what he gained as payment for showing me road. I understand our environment is harsh, better to encourage those guys than having them steal or rob.
This same thing happens in island market, tejuosho, Alaba etc all those boys shouting "mandilas, corporate shirt, Italian shoe, pant trouser..." They take u to a shop which u would probably ordinary not locate on ur own, then the seller automatically adds their commission in the price they are giving u.
These are business strategies that even Hausa people use. Those shops that give commission get alot of inflow of customers cos those boys will only take a customer to where they know they will be settled.
I remember when I was searching for an accommodation, agent will carry u and pass house that "To Let" is clearly written on the gate, when u ask them they will tell u "this one no dey settle agent" so those houses will be there vacant for months and years.
Are those boys/agents scammers? No. They are doing business.
So if u are a business owner and u don't want to deal with independent agents, u either hire ur own or do it urself or just tell the agent u will not be adding anything. Instead of selling to someone's customer at your own price.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 12:52pm On May 05, 2023
Gentlelife50:

My brother I really understand everything, the truth is you were dealing with someone that have little or no idea about cars.
Dealers that reals on Naija cars will always tell you there's no how you will buy car and not fix something.
That even if you buy a toks, there will always be something to fix all na Lori roor.

[b] I know a couple of Guys that have stopped dealing on Naija used cars because of the headache, [/b]you have your own faults though.
This Guy truly trusted you and felt that you will guide him, but to you business is business.

Bro I'll tell you this frim my little experience in automobile dealership... The only car you'll buy and have 95% peach of mind is a brand new car. Yes 95% I said , reason is, it's a machine and in engineering there are both material and human failures so even brand new car can fail anytime after being delivered to the end user... But the chances are slime.

Now, just last month a client bought a CLA250 3018 model Toks with just the driver's door impact. It was just a little dent well fixed. Some how I never knew the panoramic roof had been replaced before... Weather i was changed here in naija or in the US I honestly don't know. Now... Buyer has paid and car delivered to her. After 1 week she called me the panoramic has refused to close after she opened it. I quickly rush down to see what the issue was. Took the car to ladipo which is after I called the dealer I bought the car from he said why I'm I calling him? Didn't the lady inspected with her celebrity mechanic whom he paid a 100k.justnfor the deal to fly. I said yes sir she did. Let her sort her issues.

Do you know the cost of fixing a damaged panoramic roof?

I'd to cough out 50k to close it finally and get the car delivered back to her. Explained to her I'd done my best... If she much use the panoramic she has to spend huge.

Tojah tell them about a guy Ajoke's bf who left Lagos to Abuja to buy a GLE63s and just after one month hes currently dragging a case with the Abuja dealers on how to swap the engine.

All these are just a few story for tokunbo cars that past inspection by professional mechanics... Let alone a naija used car.

C'mon bro... God goodness sake It's a machine!!! It is bide to fail anytime without notice.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2023
Gentlelife50:

And how many times have you been getting refunds?
Even you buy parts and it doesn't work you go back to ladipo do they refund?
Some will start telling you how is have been used and how your mechanic spoilt something inside that it will be difficult for them to resell it.
The ones that wants to help will start telling you how that particular model is the most expensive and tell you to add something before they will change it.
People that even do it to soldiers in uniform, at least you read the news the other time.

Don't mind that hypocrite he has forgotten so soon how he called me the next day after he bought his civic complaining the car wouldn't start. Lol... Hello bro how is that my business? Did I sell to you any car? Was I involved in the deal? Do I know anything about or how you bought the car??

Okay, just because of my kind nature I still gave him a remote support, okay do this and do that. We later discovered they sold the car to him with an already dead battery grin

I told this block head boy how much battery cost and where to get a good one ooh i think I also gave him a contact to call as well... Yes I did.

But do you know what he did? He called one if his guys who brought to him a battery and sold it to him at am exorbitant price and still took his old battery with him after collecting full amount for the battery he brought.

I think next day the battery went dead... Lol

I told him oga call pearl abeg stop calling me... No be me sell motor for you... You never even find me anything for my stress and data so I see no reason why you're calling me.

That was how he stopped calling me.

Fake people everywhere grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:04pm On May 05, 2023
tojahh:

Then why are we discussing this issue?

The fight here is against the agent not against the owner. So sir, An agent has majorly the risk in any deal. If not we won't be here calling an Agent a liar on the said Benz.

Abi you no hear say agent chop punch for this matter? Which other risk you want again? Make them use Gun shoot him blokos?

I sold a car to somebody (as an agent), one week later the owner came to me that he he needs the Jack, spanner and Fire extinguisher from the car that I should call the new owner for it. Thinking it was whining next thing na back of counter I dey from dey respond to the issue. grin

Another one recently, sold a car but the new buyer begged he will need the plates just to take the car to PH and send it back in 2 days time. Owner say nope but on the condition that it is when she sees her plates she will release my agreed commission to me. Till today the new buyer no return plate, previous owner say she don use my commission do new plate. undecided

So you see how agent has got something's to risk on a deal. Agent is the catalyst to most deals. Nobody says you can't sell your stuff yourself. But if I am involved with agreement, then I have something to risk too.

An agent has nothing at risk in a business deal. It is what it is, bros.

All what you typed here can happen to the seller too.

If i give you a car to sell for 2 million, what exactly are you risking? What is your investment inside?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:09pm On May 05, 2023
FASASI1:

The mechanic I brought said it's a good car, even he was saying the money is too much and Felix should reduce the money but I told him I trusted Felix judgement and because he was running mouth and telling me I can't spend more than 100k to fix, I decided to choose Felix over the mechanic. Even the person was saying Felix should give us some days we want to verify the documents and call the real owner but he said he has done that already.

Inclusion, Felix mechanic said Felix know the condition of the car before he sold it out, now, when you know the car is a problematic car why did you decided to add outrageous amount on it ?? I ended up spending more than my budget.

If you guys call it business, what if morals ?? What of integrity ?? He lacks everything. Money go finish but your name na black book he go day.

After adding 150k, he still told me to pay settlement fee who does that Is that how business works ?? I was in to selling of mifi too and I did my business with honesty, if a mifi develops fault after the customer had bought it, I will be the one to sort it out even when this mifi is brand new o, tear pali but I don't care of that, I will choose relationship over business.

Even the 650k its not worth it, like I said my mechanic said the engine is good so the car is good but as a car dealer you know if take more than good engine for a car to be good.

Yet you sold the same car for 750k

Me and you who is the badest?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:10pm On May 05, 2023
Pearl1910:

Lolz...this izzou no sound like Igbo man o.
Also Pope, I sure say u no be Igbo man.
The person sent you the client, without him, u wouldn't get to meet the client. So u have to comply or u wait for the one that will see ur number online and call u directly. It will be unethical to sell to that person without giving the agent or facilitator the agreed amount.

I was in ladipo market yesterday, hussler carried me to d section that they sell what I wanted to buy and acted as if he is d owner of the shop. The owner just sitdon dey look us. I knew the drill so I pressed for the best possible deal. Today he has chop, but tomorrow I will go straight to d place myself. I take what he gained as payment for showing me road. I understand our environment is harsh, better to encourage those guys than having them steal or rob.
This same thing happens in island market, tejuosho, Alaba etc all those boys shouting "mandilas, corporate shirt, Italian shoe, pant trouser..." They take u to a shop which u would probably ordinary not locate on ur own, then the seller automatically adds their commission in the price they are giving u.
These are business strategies that even Hausa people use. Those shops that give commission get alot of inflow of customers cos those boys will only take a customer to where they know they will be settled.
I remember when I was searching for an accommodation, agent will carry u and pass house that "To Let" is clearly written on the gate, when u ask them they will tell u "this one no dey settle agent" so those houses will be there vacant for months and years.
Are those boys/agents scammers? No. They are doing business.
So if u are a business owner and u don't want to deal with independent agents, u either hire ur own or do it urself or just tell the agent u will not be adding anything. Instead of selling to someone's customer at your own price.

You are saying different things at the same time.

Read the tweet that Itsrm posted. My comments have been tailored to it.

I did not call anybody a thief. I did not say agents are useless.

I simply said that if i have no contract with you to market my car for me, I will not chase a customer away because you have not got your targeted gain.

And yes, I dey Trade fair. Some NLanders here have dealt with me.

The reason the shop owner at Ladipo was accomodating the "Oso ahia" guy was because his expected return was still in sight

If the hustler had added 20k and you negotiated out of it, the shop owner would sell to you immediately.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:13pm On May 05, 2023
Conner44:
I knew if given a long rope he will eventually hang himself grin

As I said earlier, lemons knowingly being sold as lambos’ to unsuspecting first time car owners undecided

At least all sane people here now know one person to avoid while trying to seek help in purchasing a vehicle.

Lolz...
But if price is what u use to determine a lemon car then u will never buy a good deal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:17pm On May 05, 2023
yogayoga23:
Please I need help on getting a fast driver license here in Lagos. I’m staying at Ajah, I just moved to Lagos and I want to use my car for the hustle going forward.
Please anyone know how I can go about it, I need it done fast, and also how’s the business plying only the island?
Can I still earn a part time living doing this just within the island and I will appreciate any hint whatsoever I can get here. Thanks for incoming contributions and assistance,

And about the license, I’m ready for next week Monday

Do you have a licence b4?.if yes all you need do is go into their website and apple for a renewal it's should take 1 month I think or better still walk into their office and apply for same you'll be captured again and will be given the temporary which you can use till the plastic one is ready... This is the best option because option will not give you a temporary to use.

Bit if you'd no licence b4 then you'll need to start applying now. I think d process take longer now. 2-3months the last I checked.

Budget 35-40k... Don't know the current amount

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FASASI1(m): 1:21pm On May 05, 2023
Felicity001:

Yet you sold the same car for 750k

Me and you who is the badest?? grin grin

😂 Waytin dey do this guy

Bought a car 800k, paid 30k for settlement, still made repairs of over 400k. Calculate am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 1:24pm On May 05, 2023
izzou:

If i give you a car to sell for 2 million, what exactly are you risking? What is your investment inside?

Then why e dey pain you say I wan sell am 2.4million?

At 2 million, you're already making your envisaged profit. So wetin come dey pain the owner on top my price?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:27pm On May 05, 2023
tojahh:

Then why e dey pain you say I wan sell am 2.4million?

At 2 million, you're already making your envisaged profit. So wetin come dey pain the owner on top my price?

If you had read the tweet, you would have understood my comment

The person i quoted understood me.

And no, I am not pained. I am happy you know that an agent has no risk in any deal.

If the car stays for 10 years with no buyer, you lose nothing

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:30pm On May 05, 2023
FASASI1:

Regarding Tojah, show me from the screenshot I posted where I said Tojah wanted to sell a bad car to me, this is the second time I am asking.

Oga, u mentioned it in one of your first posts that Felicity said Tojah wants to sell a bad car to you, that u should rather buy the Benz. Show proof of it, u couldn't. Show car that u bought u no gree, but u showed the one u sold. Plate number, u lied about.

People like u should never be trusted with gist...that's how u will go and be destroying relationships and jaming people's head together just to proof an irrelevant point.

There is no single discreetness about you.
U told Felicity's mechanic what Felicity said about him, U have said that Felicity's mechanic told u Felicity said he wants cut. Everything one person told u d whole world will hear. Agha... Abegi, be matured for ones. I saw pics of a lady and a child, on your WhatsApp background and I assume that's ur family. Bro, if u are a family man and u dey talk talk everywhere like this, it is bad o. You have to be wise and diplomatic, even your left hand should not know what ur right hand is doing. Pls improve.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:40pm On May 05, 2023
izzou:

An agent has no risk in any deal

When you want to sell your car, put it here and on Jiji. Make sure your price is favourable and you'll see the calls you will get.

If i don't have any agreement with you, i will not lose a customer because your profit is not guaranteed.

Na my own be that

It depends on how the deal went and the role of the agent. In some cases the agent bears all the risks. Sometimes it's the agent that issues receipt and prepares change of ownership documents. Some clients will go and Jack d agent if something goes wrong. Some sellers will write the agents name as the seller, especially if he has added alot of money on the deal.
The whole thing is dynamic, although there certain known rules.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FASASI1(m): 1:42pm On May 05, 2023
Pearl1910:

Oga, u mentioned it in one of your first posts that Felicity said Tojah wants to sell a bad car to you, that u should rather buy the Benz. Show proof of it, u couldn't. Show car that u bought u no gree, but u showed the one u sold. Plate number, u lied about.

Pls improve.

Mr Man screenshot the post and quote me, tell me where I mention it.

I have sent the screenshot of our chat to Tojah and you can ask him if I ever said he wanted to sell a bad car to me, if you want to dick ride you are welcome.
But before you do that come with evidence
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:43pm On May 05, 2023
izzou:

Everybody is an agent.

Abi agents get their own personal buyers for their phone?

When you put your product online, and your price is a great bargain, you'll get calls. Or is that not what agents do here on NL?

As long as me and am no get agreement, i will not lose my gain for some agent that has nothing to lose.

So make i pursue customer and lose 2M because of person 400k?

Never!

And you think the agent will loose guard his client to you just like that?

Some agents have nurtured their client for 6 months, 1yr.

I currently have one I've been nurturing for 2years now, so by the time he's finally ready to buy his dream car you expect me to just let you get his contact just like that?. No!

Oga,.how much are you selling your car last?
2m.sir!
Okay Sir! Any amount I sell is non of your business. Pls the asking price is so so and so... Let's deal.

If the deal gets tough you the owner will call me to a.corner and ask me how do we do it.
Look if you decide to sell @2m to the client oga our agreement stands ooh because I've proof.

Go around ask every dealerships you find around,.it's the norm. If it's easy to get a buyer then look for one yourself.

Some wicked client will go behind their agent back to deal with the owner later. But smart agent will tell, oga if you want to sell your car move it to a neutral location... Some will move it why some will not but will give you their word.

I select my business partners, not greedy people.

One man tried to play smart but by the time I threatened him the wife called me and was begging, pls we need the money to buy ticket we are even selling all our property... I'd to let it go because she begged me, but she still sent me 5k instead of the agreed 50k.

So, it's dynamic
Every hustle has its own challenges

Me too a lot of dealers don chop my eyes and more will still happen but one need to find a way to limit it.

Important thing is, what's buyers budget
Can he afford it?
Your budget is the major determinant.

Have a fat budget you get a good deal
A tight budget? You manage whatever your agent gives to you.

Simple!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:44pm On May 05, 2023
Pearl1910:

It depends on how the deal went and the role of the agent. In some cases the agent bears all the risks. Sometimes it's the agent that issues receipt and prepares change of ownership documents. Some clients will go and Jack d agent if something goes wrong. Some sellers will write the agents name as the seller, especially if he has added alot of money on the deal.
The whole thing is dynamic, although there certain known rules.

That was why i said there should be an agreement.

I was in a furniture shop in Alaba and some hustlers brought a buyer to the shop

They told the man that the set is 1.2 million.

The Buyer priced 550k and they refused

The man walked out

The owner called him back and told him to pay 800k

The man insisted on 550k. They later settled for 600k

When the buyer left, the man gave them 10k and told them to fcck off..

This thing is a no brainer. As long as i don't have any agreement with you, i cannot lose my returns because your said target is not complete.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:46pm On May 05, 2023
Felicity001:

And you think the agent will loose guard his client to you just like that?

Some agents have nurtured their client for 6 months, 1yr.

I currently have one I've been nurturing for 2years now, so by the time he's finally ready to buy his dream car you expect me to just let you get his contact just like that?. No!

Oga,.how much are you selling your car last?
2m.sir!
Okay Sir! Any amount I sell is non of your business. Pls the asking price is so so and so... Let's deal.

If the deal gets tough you the owner will call me to a.corner and ask me how do we do it.
Look if you decide to sell @2m to the client oga our agreement stands ooh because I've proof.

Go around ask every dealerships you find around,.it's the norm. If it's easy to get a buyer then look for one yourself.

Some wicked client will go behind their agent back to deal with the owner later. But smart agent will tell, oga if you want to sell your car move it to a neutral location... Some will move it why some will not but will give you their word.

I select my business partners, not greedy people.

One man tried to play smart but by the time I threatened him the wife called me and was begging, pls we need the money to buy ticket we are even selling all our property... I'd to let it go because she begged me, but she still sent me 5k instead of the agreed 50k.

So, it's dynamic
Every hustle has its own challenges

Me too a lot of dealers don chop my eyes and more will still happen but one need to find a way to limit it.

Important thing is, what's buyers budget
Can he afford it?
Your budget is the major determinant.

Have a fat budget you get a good deal
A tight budget? You manage whatever your agent gives to you.

Simple!

What you are saying is different from what i am saying
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:46pm On May 05, 2023
Felicity001:

Don't mind that hypocrite he has forgotten so soon how he called me the next day after he bought his civic complaining the car wouldn't start. Lol... Hello bro how is that my business? Did I sell to you any car? Was I involved in the deal? Do I know anything about or how you bought the car??

Okay, just because of my kind nature I still gave him a remote support, okay do this and do that. We later discovered they sold the car to him with an already dead battery grin

I told this block head boy how much battery cost and where to get a good one ooh i think I also gave him a contact to call as well... Yes I did.

But do you know what he did? He called one if his guys who brought to him a battery and sold it to him at am exorbitant price and still took his old battery with him after collecting full amount for the battery he brought.

I think next day the battery went dead... Lol

I told him oga call pearl abeg stop calling me... No be me sell motor for you... You never even find me anything for my stress and data so I see no reason why you're calling me.

That was how he stopped calling me.

Fake people everywhere grin

This one wey if una quarrel, una go open wardrope and cupboard, e be like say I go review my communication patterns with una o. Cos all this is childish.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by FASASI1(m): 1:46pm On May 05, 2023
Pearl1910:

U told Felicity's mechanic what Felicity said about him, U have said that Felicity's mechanic told u Felicity said he wants cut. Everything one person told u d whole world will hear. Agha... Abegi, be matured for ones. I saw pics of a lady and a child, on your WhatsApp background and I assume that's ur family. Bro, if u are a family man and u dey talk talk everywhere like this, it is bad o. You have to be wise and diplomatic, even your left hand should not know what ur right hand is doing. Pls improve.

Congrats on the best dick rider.

All the information Felix was getting was from where ?? All what he was saying that I use car to jam jam and how the car overheated at lekki, how I was begging mechanic to do free work was from where. How the person that bought the car later sold it for 1.5m was from where ??

I never discussed any of that with him but he got the information from his mechanic and he came to post here but I guess you didn't see that abi.

I no dey hide anything, I say it the way it is.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:48pm On May 05, 2023
izzou:

Agha...he risks everything. Car no be him own but the fact that he brings buyer for the car and markets the car he has carried wahala that is not his own. If he sells d car for u and something goes wrong, he will be d first person that client will call. If matter goes to police they will invite both agent and owner.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 1:50pm On May 05, 2023
Pearl1910:

People like u should never be trusted with gist...that's how u will go and be destroying relationships and jaming people's head together just to proof an irrelevant point.

Ahn ahnnn Haba grin
Easy easy Mr Pearl , d guy don offend u ?

Corner44 nobody dey fence again grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2023
Pearl1910:

Agha...he risks everything. Car no be him own but the fact that he brings buyer for the car and markets the car he has carried wahala that is not his own. If he sells d car for u and something goes wrong, he will be d first person that client will call. If matter goes to police they will invite both agent and owner.

He risks nothing, my guy

When you buy a car from an agent, you already know he is not the owner.

If Police carry agent, won't he produce the owner? Abi him go dey court for wetin him no know?

The guy that took you to that shop in Ladipo risks nothing. If you come back to him that the part is bad, he will take you back to that place
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:01pm On May 05, 2023
izzou:

You are saying different things at the same time.

Read the tweet that Itsrm posted. My comments have been tailored to it.

I did not call anybody a thief. I did not say agents are useless.

I simply said that if i have no contract with you to market my car for me, I will not chase a customer away because you have not got your targeted gain.

And yes, I dey Trade fair. Some NLanders here have dealt with me.

The reason the shop owner at Ladipo was accomodating the "Oso ahia" guy was because his expected return was still in sight

If the hustler had added 20k and you negotiated out of it, the shop owner would sell to you immediately.

I doubt it, d ladipo I know? except I leave and come back alone before the shop owner will attend to me. Or "if I say oga nobody bring me come here o, how much last" But I don't snitch like that. If I agree that u lead me somewhere, I will not turn around and want to slide u out of the transaction.

As for the tweet, if I am selling anything and someone is sending a buyer to me with his price or telling me to factor his commission, I must honour that agreement. It doesn't have to be written, signed and stamped from the court before I will be committed to it.
I would rather tell him I can't sell for him, he should come by himself and do d deal rather than sell my own price. I think that one is simple and straight forward.

U can reduce slightly so both of u don't lose out (with agreement with d agent) , but not outrightly sideline the agent/marketer just so u don't lose 'your' customer. Customer that's not your own?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:04pm On May 05, 2023
Pearl1910:

I doubt it, d ladipo I know? except I leave and come back alone before the shop owner will attend to me. Or "if I say oga nobody bring me come here o, how much last" But I don't snitch like that. If I agree that u lead me somewhere, I will not turn around and want to slide u out of the transaction.

As for the tweet, if I am selling anything and someone is sending a buyer to me with his price or telling me to factor his commission, I must honour that agreement. It doesn't have to be written, signed and stamped from the court before I will be committed to it.
I would rather tell him I can't sell for him, he should come by himself and do d deal rather than sell my own price. I think that one is simple and straight forward.

U can reduce slightly so both of u don't lose out (with agreement with d agent) , but not outrightly sideline the agent/marketer just so u don't lose 'your' customer. Customer that's not your own?

Let's agree you post your car on your WhatsApp status for sale at 2 million

You did not contract me for anything.

Then i call you a week later, and tell you a buyer is coming. I also said i told him 2.4 million, and YOU SHOULDN'T REDUCE ANYTHING

Buyer shows up, and is serious, but says he will pay 2 million last. Nothing more.

Will you sell or not?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:13pm On May 05, 2023
izzou:

An agent has no risk in any deal

Na my own be that

Bro I'm.surprised you're saying all of these... Lol

An agent don't have anything to loose?

Okay let me ask you now... What is this FASASI1 guy trying to do to my brand?

I was minding my business when some good friends called my attention to all.of.these

If you noticed It took me time to respond that was because I was advised to do so.

That aside.

Do you know that it cost money to post on jiji.now.

Go in search of a car now on Jiji they were not posted by the owners ooh... Most post on Jiji are either by agents or dealers.

Same way it's not easy to get a direct buyer it's also not that easy to get a direct seller.

Even those car you see in dealer stands are not his own.

Owners entrusted them into their hands, some are abroad wile some are here.

Dealership or real estate business is chain work.

So you can't do with them otherwise your motor go rotten for ground.

Post a car now on social media the next thing you'll see is either an agent or dealer calling you not a direct buyer. How many end users have the time in the world to search for a good car or property? When they're busy chasing money at work or in the street.

Some client will even tell you they don't have time to come for inspection, they'll tell you to bring the car to their office or home and will provide logistics, if the car is okay they pay and you find your way home.

Agents/dealers have the eyes for good car that even some mechanics won't know on inspection....

We have forums, we have association so anybody wey Bleep.up sorry is your case... You may not sell for months or years again.

Na so d tin be baba

You can't do without agent/dealers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 2:16pm On May 05, 2023
FASASI1:

Mr Man screenshot the post and quote me, tell me where I mention it.

I have sent the screenshot of our chat to Tojah and you can ask him if I ever said he wanted to sell a bad car to me, if you want to dick ride you are welcome.
But before you do that come with evidence

The problem with people who talk too much is that they forget the things they say.
What's d meaning of this? Even if Felicity said this, u don't have to say it here knowing Tojah is here too. This gist is irrelevant to what happened which u r crying about. This is capable of ruining relationships.
Like I said earlier, I am not supporting Felicity, I have already said what I think about this case and advised both of u to sheath your swords.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:18pm On May 05, 2023
Felicity001:

Bro I'm.surprised you're saying all of these... Lol

An agent don't have anything to loose?

Okay let me ask you now... What is this FASASI1 guy trying to do to my brand?

I was minding my business when some good friends called my attention to all.of.these

If you noticed It took me time to respond that was because I was advised to do so.

That aside.

Do you know that it cost money to post on jiji.now.

Go in search of a car now on Jiji they were not posted by the owners ooh... Most post on Jiji are either by agents or dealers.

Same way it's not easy to get a direct buyer it's also not that easy to get a direct seller.

Even those car you see in dealer stands are not his own.

Owners entrusted them into their hands, some are abroad wile some are here.

Dealership or real estate business is chain work.

So you can't do with them otherwise your motor go rotten for ground.

Post a car now on social media the next thing you'll see is either an agent or dealer calling you not a direct buyer. How many end users have the time in the world to search for a good car or property? When they're busy chasing money at work or in the street.

Some client will even tell you they don't have time to come for inspection, they'll tell you to bring the car to their office or home and will provide logistics, if the car is okay they pay and you find your way home.

Agents/dealers have the eyes for good car that even some mechanics won't know on inspection....

We have forums, we have association so anybody wey Bleep.up sorry is your case... You may not sell for months or years again.

Na so d tin be baba

You can't do without agent/dealers

I have not said agents are useless or not important

I simply said in that transaction, you have nothing to lose

You and Fasasi own went south; That was why

Fasasi has spent over 400k on repairs. The seller too may have sold it way way below what he was expecting.

Agents may be doing a lot of work to sell it, but in all honesty, they have nothing to lose.

No vex for my opinion, abeg

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:21pm On May 05, 2023
FASASI1:

Did you even follow the thread ?? I said I wasn't aware it was 650k your guy told me 800k and he said he brought mechanic and rewire to examine the car, so I should just budget 150k max to fix

Who be your guy?

Oh! Now you agree I brought a mechanic and a rewire to examine the car right?

Did you ask me if I paid for their service or not?

Or you think it's the supposed 50k I was gonna use to pay for their services before?

Initially, you said I told you 100k
Now it has suddenly increased to 150k abi?

Kontinu...

You're gradually telling us the truth bro

Kontinue.

Didn't I tell you that worse case you should budget for a toks gear? So na 100/150k you for take buy gear and fix other things abi When only hear is 70-90k... Weldone Sir!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 2:22pm On May 05, 2023
izzou:

If you had read the tweet, you would have understood my comment

The person i quoted understood me.

And no, I am not pained. I am happy you know that an agent has no risk in any deal.

If the car stays for 10 years with no buyer, you lose nothing

You're just trying to be smart by half. The tweet was clear and I understood it. And you have nothing to be happy for because I never agreed anywhere that an agent has no risk in a deal rather I even gave you examples of the risk involve, so bro relax and read to understand.

If the car stays for 10 years... I lose DATA, I lost CALL CARDS, I lose quality TIME,.

An Agent is a big risk taker in any deal. Anywhere anyday... Twice on a Friday.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:23pm On May 05, 2023
tojahh:

You're just trying to be smart by half. The tweet was clear and I understood it. And you have nothing to be happy for because I never agreed anywhere that an agent has no risk in a deal rather I even gave you examples of the risk involve, so bro relax and read to understand.

If the car stays for 10 years... I lose DATA, I lost CALL CARDS, I lose quality TIME,.

An Agent is a big risk taker in any deal. Anywhere anyday... Twice on a Friday.

grin grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5206) (5207) (5208) (5209) (5210) (5211) (5212) ... (5705) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: jpworld(m), Donbrowser9, providencia(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.