Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (829) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4764635 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) ... (5695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2018
iyaegin:
meanwhile guys...Madttt Pothole warning just had to share here...right in the middle of the lekki epe express just before 2nd roundabout before the pedestrian bridge inward phase 1...the pothole na die...please be careful...
u for snap am send so dat we can take note d exact location

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dovehorizon: 9:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
Not good driving in a pool of water with your AC on...

iyaegin:
@gazzuzz, fellow Drivers please why it is a practice to turn off A/c while driving inside a pool of water..i usually do so but today i still entered a few puddles here n dere..suddenly this evening while i found myself right in the heart of a 1.8-2.1× surge area i syddenly realised mmy car A/c had leaked...this has never happened before..i could only allude it to some of the water i had entered today but any ideas pls..just made me close shop so early after being on a high all day.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2018
Dovehorizon:
Not good driving in a pool of water with your AC on...

Yes but why i have aleays wanted to know possible consequence although ave now experienced one today with my A/c gas leaking but will have it checked 2morow.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:40pm On Jul 01, 2018
iyaegin:
@gazzuzz, fellow Drivers please why it is a practice to turn off A/c while driving inside a pool of water..i usually do so but today i still entered a few puddles here n dere..suddenly this evening while i found myself right in the heart of a 1.8-2.1× surge area i syddenly realised mmy car A/c had leaked...this has never happened before..i could only allude it to some of the water i had entered today but any ideas pls..just made me close shop so early after being on a high all day.

Let's start by understanding the dynamics of a cars cooling sytem.

the fans are supposed to operate when the coolant temp exceeds 98-100deg celcius.

That brings down the temperature of the car to about 89deg and then the fans go off.

The same cycle continues there after.

Now when the A/C is turned on the radiator fans come on and stay on until cabin temp drops to lower than set temp. Then the Fan and the compressor shut off for a while then come back on again. On a hot day of if system is defective this takes a long time to happen, and the a/c might stay on longer.

Now on wet days the rest interval for the fans is much longer and stays of for a longer period of time.

In floods the reason you are told to turn off you a/c is because the fans where designed to blow air in the direction of the engine, and not water, it over works the fan and splashes water over the engine which can cause damage if certain parts are not covered.

Now to your a/c that stopped working inside the pool of water It might be rapid cooling that caused a crack in a previously welded point. A/c should work better on a wet day.

20 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2018
chucsmoore:
u for snap am send so dat we can take note d exact location

some things are not just possible sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

driving in lagos, you learn every day.

Next time keep calm and say this magic words in a calm manner backwards sproc ed tirpse.

Warning, beard gang don't try it cheesy

Corrola gang (unna don cast) don't try it.
We full ground, dem no dey chop us

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
nitigriti:

you don old for work nah cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
emmancecute:
Good morning, I need a loan to the tune of one million naira to invest in e-hailing platforms in Lagos, Nigeria. I have 10% of the said amount as a commitment fee and I intend to pay back in installment over a period of 10-12months with ROI of 50%. I am a public servant with the federal government, so the proceeds from the investment for the repayment period won't be my source of livelihood. I will be running the business myself as my current posting gives me time to do other things. I am also open to a realistic higher purchase agreement if the terms and condition favours both parties. Pls fellow nairalanders help a brother. 08139665811, emmancecute@yahoo.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
emmancecute:
Good morning, I need a loan to the tune of one million naira to invest in e-hailing platforms in Lagos, Nigeria. I have 10% of the said amount as a commitment fee and I intend to pay back in installment over a period of 10-12months with ROI of 50%. I am a public servant with the federal government, so the proceeds from the investment for the repayment period won't be my source of livelihood. I will be running the business myself as my current posting gives me time to do other things. I am also open to a realistic higher purchase agreement if the terms and condition favours both parties. Pls fellow nairalanders help a brother. 08139665811, emmancecute@yahoo.com

you didn't add the HP option as agreed.

Modified: seen it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2018
iyaegin:

How did you conclude your gas leaked? Since water is involved, my first check will be fuses or relays related to AC system
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2018
thebigkendo:

How did you conclude your gas leaked? Since water is involved, my first check will be fuses or relays related to AC system

the compressor is working and when i was looking to see if a wire maybe tripped off i could smell A/c Gas so yes i am assuming for now but am sure am almost 80% correct besides fuses and relays were not affected by water...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lymelyte(m): 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2018
jayooh:

Next time turn right. Tell them you were going right but your vehicle developed some minor ish at the junction.
it was a three lane.Left lane is for driving left or making a uturn, middle lane is for driving straight up while the last right lane is for driving right.. I was meant to drive straight up but the red sign was displaying so I couldn't move but unknownly blocking drivers moving right..
Although it was a narrow road(vi to be precise)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lymelyte(m): 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2018
nitigriti:

bro, how do I by-pass this kind of challenge incase I find myself in such circumstances again?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2018
iyaegin:

the compressor is working and when i was looking to see if a wire maybe tripped off i could smell A/c Gas so yes i am assuming for now but am sure am almost 80% correct besides fuses and relays were not affected by water...

Since you smelled gas, your gas leaked

As for the bolded, fuses or relays don't need to be submerged in water to be affected.. Eg Fuse could cut if any part of the circuit it is protecting is submerged in Water.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
lymelyte:
it was a three lane.Left lane is for driving left or making a uturn, middle lane is for driving straight up while the last right lane is for driving right.. I was meant to drive straight up but the red sign was displaying so I couldn't move but unknownly blocking drivers moving right..

Happened to me before at VI.. Immediately I notice them coming towards me, I made the turn & drove off grin grin then followed another route to my initial destination

Rule 3 of E-hailing: always wind up & lock all doors
Cc GAZZUZZ grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
Was it @akin adesola in vi? U could have turned right drive in a little then u turn or turn in any of the street to face your way again...chai.
lymelyte:

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:58pm On Jul 01, 2018
lymelyte:
bro, how do I by-pass this kind of challenge incase I find myself in such circumstances again?
I'm stubborn ooo when it comes to these LASTMA and Police guys. Some examples
1) Yesterday, at that roundabout near LASUTH, those traffic policemen and women came to stop me because the light turned red after I had crossed the traffic light. "Gerrout of my front", I bellowed at them, with authority. They scampered away
2) There was a time LASTMA stopped me at Ahmadu Bello Way inward Adeola Odeku. They said I blocked the 2nd lane turning off Ahmadu Bello into Adeola Odeku. The officer asked for my driving license, I gave him (color photocopy). He then asked for my vehicle particulars. I told him they were in the booth, that he should let me park well so I can get them. Before he accepted or not, I drove off

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:18pm On Jul 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you are lucky he won the race cheesy
how i managed to go scot free still baffles me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Na waoo, so sorry. It happens often this job. Thank God the man left. And didn't bother you again, he's such a considerate person or he has insurance.
yes... If u see as venza clean ehn

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
nitigriti:

I'm stubborn ooo when it comes to these LASTMA and Police guys. Some examples
1) Yesterday, at that roundabout near LASUTH, those traffic policemen and women came to stop me because the light turned red after I had crossed the traffic light. "Gerrout of my front", I bellowed at them, with authority. They scampered away
2) There was a time LASTMA stopped me at Ahmadu Bello Way inward Adeola Odeku. They said I blocked the 2nd lane turning off Ahmadu Bello into Adeola Odeku. The officer asked for my driving license, I gave him (color photocopy). He then asked for my vehicle particulars. I told him they were in the booth, that he should let me park well so I can get them. Before he accepted or not, I drove off
last week, i didn't use my handsfree nor Bluetooth. Then i held my phone to my ear receiving riders call, moving slowly under apongbon bridge... One lastma officer just appeared in front, raised his hand for me to stop. Never...

I hit the gas pedal and aimed to break his two legs. The guy flew like a mat. I watched him on mirror adjusting his cap. He couldn't believe it. (dont try it if dem bring that their chukuchuku thing wen dey pierce tyre o)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 12:21am On Jul 02, 2018
I greet all of you that work today. You all should be ready for repair from tomorrow.

Part sellers will smile this period.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Emekayoung(m): 3:24am On Jul 02, 2018
dru23:

God bless you my brother.. You shall live long
How does one go about the loan process from sterling bank. A friend is in need..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lymelyte(m): 4:11am On Jul 02, 2018
Vuso:
Was it @akin adesola in vi? U could have turned right drive in a little then u turn or turn in any of the street to face your way again...chai.
exactly bro..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lymelyte(m): 4:24am On Jul 02, 2018
I got some taxify bonus but it wasn't added or subtracted from the balance.. Has anyone experience this?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hardbody: 8:27am On Jul 02, 2018
TheCar:

The drama sef don turn into series.

Why they are coming for him is what I want to understand.

They are quick to ask him for (FREE) help and he answer.

He also need to put food on his table so (FREE) service or help doesn't pay the BILLS.

Some visit their mechanic, then come back here to ask him for second opinion, if he answered and they don't like it or if it cost more than what their mechanic prescribed, they come for his head and hand.

Haven't meet him in person before or require his service on anything before but to be honest his opinion, feedback and answers to questions being asked has been quite informative, educative and sometimes entertaining.

Also because I made my phone available on the forum for business purposes doesn't give you the right or authority to call me for anything aside business.

He has legal rights to decline calls because it's property.

If you are calling someone for help (FREE or PAID), please be humble. You need the help that's why you called in the first place and you know he can provide the help that's why you called him instead of any other person. So if he refuse or declined to work on your car, don't come back here to start a negative campaign against him.

Every business person is mindful of their reputation because that's what get you referral and more business. If he declined working in your car, find another expert to do so instead of starting a negative campaign against him.

If you call and he his working on a paid project, do you expect him to leave something that put food on his table to opt for a free service which doesn't put food on his table.

If he reject you, respect his decision. He his human and humans does have limits, so please let us respect his decision and limits.

If you need help, check his profile, drive your car to his workshop, have him work on it and pay for the service. That's a Win-Win strategy. He fix your car, you pay for his service.

Cheers grin

You are dead right. Haven't been around here for a while but truth be told, GAZZUZZ is a thorough bred professional. He has a right to pick and choose and honestly he has earned it. He is good at what he does and has gotten my confidence over time. It is only to be expected that he will be attacked by persons struggling to understand how he got to where he is. Keep doing your stuff GAZZUZZ, we will always find our way to you. wink

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:43am On Jul 02, 2018
Gazzuzz is wicked, Gazzuzz is this and that... u all can keep shouting ooo ... siddon there and be counting somebody else money ....

Some of u will talk shit here and still go behind the scenes to call him for help at reduced pricing ooo

Some of u will never bring your car to his workshop but u will b shouting ooo

some of you will never learn one bit about bizness as u read thru this forum and gather knowledge

Some of u will continue shouting gazzuz this, gazzuzz that ...meanwhile the gentleman is counting and making his counting and making his money

Truth b told.... I have benefited from knowledge gazzuzz brings and gives .... He is a MASTER in his field... if u like argue na ur bizness

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dyemida(m): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2018
iyaegin:
meanwhile guys...Madttt Pothole warning just had to share here...right in the middle of the lekki epe express just before 2nd roundabout before the pedestrian bridge inward phase 1...the pothole na die...please be careful...

My tire got burst around 1 am 2 days ago... It wasn't funny..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:25am On Jul 02, 2018
The vehicles have landed, fresh oil from the USA has landed.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 11:00am On Jul 02, 2018
You didn't meet all the conditions of the bonus, hours online or acceptance rate

lymelyte:
I got some taxify bonus but it wasn't added or subtracted from the balance.. Has anyone experience this?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2018
slamstanlee:
yes... If u see as venza clean ehn
U go pay your dues Sha. grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2018
darmilolah:
I greet all of you that work today. You all should be ready for repair from tomorrow.

Part sellers will smile this period.
No be small my brother, na taxify nyama nyama bonus carry person come oooo and still no meet up.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2018
lymelyte:
Too many clause for this their bonuses, if them don tire they should remove it let people work or simply reduce their commission. Just being greedy they don't want people to use other driver's apps. Sometimes u meet up they start talking about acceptance rate or time spent online.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) ... (5695) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Cineinfo(m), pope191, Omoapena(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.