Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,432 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (923) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4798747 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) ... (5699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:04am On Aug 10, 2018
brogxy:
Prayers answered at last
nice.. lets's see how it works. Again they should consider charging for wait time if they wont for cancellation. Then e go sweet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2018
Tgiirl:

I hail una wey no dey do regular offline morning trips.

Gone are the days I wait for request from 4:30am to 8am or 9am sometimes b4 I get my 1st request.

Hint. Always find out if your 1st rider of any day do use taxity every morning to work. If yes, strike a deal with them to come pick them up every morning by cutting off 200naira discount.

The morning I ve been online , no request. Yet I be done 2 offline trips @ 5000 total. (3k and 2k)
smart one bro. updated cool

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 11:26am On Aug 10, 2018
ojbanja:
Morning. My corolla stopped on motion,and refuses to start again. Not battery. It's not rolling. I'm at Ozone ,Yaba now. I need a good mechanic contact around there. Thanks
pls troubleshoot by checking terminals for loose ends and corrosion.
secondly,you can check battery and ECU fuses. I believe the ECU fuse is inside the car,by your left leg when seated.
if none of this works,there are mechanic workshops in that particular area, especially the army officers mess very close by

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2018
Baba corolla
GAZZUZZ:

corrolas do not just stop on the road.

It might be totally electrical.

Let me talk you thru it.

Call me

Ignore this message if you have not called by 9:30am

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shegonchy(m): 11:45am On Aug 10, 2018
Tsunayoichi:
Which day we go talk about the kind of girls we meet on this line of job? cool
There isn't any day meant for such however it spices up the thread in as much it's related to experiences on the work. You can share you never can tell your experience may be very minute to what some others experience

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by laytoshtwo: 11:46am On Aug 10, 2018
You can now set destination on taxify. It is getting interesting. cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shegonchy(m): 11:48am On Aug 10, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Do not collect the money. Search for a rental package, pay assurance if required, Inspect and ensure the vehicle is in perfect condition, drive for 2-3 months, give 1week notice of your intent to stop driving when you feel you have mastered the ropes. Go back to your brother collect the money, add Saved amount find a good car to buy.

Note if you did not get any considerable savings within that period, you are in the wrong line of work and will be unable to pay your brother.

In the future when you need help, he will totally ignore you.

Good luck.
Baba your head dey there. God bless you for this experience advice you gave out freely. Abeg you deserve title (ELDER GAZZUZZ)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2018
Dwon:
Pls house I'm planning to hook up with a car owner @ #40,000\wk. The car is a corolla 2015 model and and he guaranties a place to stay at lekki(I am coming from Ibadan) pls is the deal ok? How much am I expecting\wk. how much will I be spending on fuel. Pls I have no experience on uber all advice will be appreciated.thanks

Present car rental agreements hover between 32-35k weekly.

Depending on size and location of property, your rent is
8,000- 10,000 per week, which translates to 416,000 - to 520,000 per month (net)

next problem you are new on the platform, you will need to get some personal cash to offset your car rent for the first 2 weeks like 40k at hand to supplement your rental when you come up short.

If I where you I would negotiate a lower house rent to reflect your current reality.

Also get a separate agreement for rent and car hire.

if you don't you will see your self on the street without notice if you have a disagreement with the property owner.

car should be in perfect condition and comprehensively insured with buy back.

Do not be discouraged, as most of the young men on this platform do not pay rent and are not ready to settle down any time soon, they also do not have a savings to do so.

This might be a blessing in disguise if you play your cards well.

I hope this helps you.

Good luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
Tgiirl:

Gone are the days I wait for request from 4:30am to 8am or 9am sometimes b4 I get my 1st request.

Hint. Always find out if your 1st rider of any day do use taxity every morning to work. If yes, strike a deal with them to come pick them up every morning by cutting off 200naira discount.

The morning I ve been online , no request. Yet I be done 2 offline trips @ 5000 total. (3k and 2k)

I tried this Ur tactics this morning and it worked out... I took the rider to the airport and I'll most likely be picking the rider up when he returns.

Nice one...Thanks for the heads up...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Do not be discouraged, as most of the young men on this platform do not pay rent and are not ready to settle down any time soon, they also do not have a savings to do so.

This might be a blessing in disguise if you play your cards well.

I hope this helps you.

Good luck
table shaker .grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 10, 2018
I don't seems to know how taxify gives out requests to drivers. I was with a driver of 99% while mine is 93% activity score yet I got a request before him. What is now the essence of the score.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
brogxy:
I don't seems to know how taxify gives out requests to drivers. I was with a driver of 99% while mine is 93% activity score yet I got a request before him. What is now the essence of the score.
Wait time matters, also sharp network too. Picked up somebody inside an estate, about 5min drive to pickup, I saw about 3 drivers waiting for request there.
God's grace like my Christian brothers will say.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Do not collect the money. Search for a rental package, pay assurance if required, Inspect and ensure the vehicle is in perfect condition, drive for 2-3 months, give 1week notice of your intent to stop driving when you feel you have mastered the ropes. Go back to your brother collect the money, add Saved amount find a good car to buy.

Note if you did not get any considerable savings within that period, you are in the wrong line of work and will be unable to pay your brother.

In the future when you need help, he will totally ignore you.

Good luck.
No flatteries, I admire your near uncommon intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
Tgiirl:

Thanks Bro, recently I have been getting request from one man like that every early morning. I called him to ask him if he is going to work or if he's using Uber he said no. Since then I stopped getting his request maybe he fixed his car or bought one.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2018
ojbanja:
Morning. My corolla stopped on motion,and refuses to start again. Not battery. It's not rolling. I'm at Ozone ,Yaba now. I need a good mechanic contact around there. Thanks
Fuel pump, stop running on low tank always.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 0ubenji(m): 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2018
Tsunayoichi:
Which day we go talk about the kind of girls we meet on this line of job? cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
Bhorbymills1990:

It's not slavery if accomodation is free
N5k/week extra is N20k/month. N20k x 12 months = N240k (can pay for a self contained apt. in a decent and easily accessible neighborhood in Lagos.) Nobody will dictate to you or act like they're doing you a favour by letting you stay.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
Megadrop:
God bless u bro. Theres no gainsaying the fact tht the way most Uber/taxify guys drive eeh baffles me maybe because most of them dont own the cars they drive and so dnt care abt the resultant effect. Guys hv no chill at all on this very bad Lagos roads and highways, they dnt evn trafficate and hv made themselves worse than danfo drivers.
I thought I was the only person that observed this, me I hardly rev pass 2. 80k/h if you talk I will tell you I am being monitored. I can end a trip once a rider starts insisting I must do fast and furious.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 1:35pm On Aug 10, 2018
Which kain driver be this one. Did something that's very bad to a rider and still dumb enough to tell it to another rider undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ojbanja: 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

corrolas do not just stop on the road.

It might be totally electrical.

Let me talk you thru it.

Call me

Ignore this message if you have not called by 9:30am

Thanks sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tsunayoichi: 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2018
Friday rush alert!!! Smell the mulla

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2018
frugal:

N5k/week extra is N20k/month. N20k x 12 months = N240k (can pay for a self contained apt. in a decent and easily accessible neighborhood in Lagos.) Nobody will dictate to you or act like they're doing you a favour by letting you stay.

Does he have 240k? grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AllGadgetsNG: 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2018
AllGadgetsNG:
Back and Better. Very Durable Phone Holder with Two High Power Charging Port. (4K Only!!!). 09055927540, 07066697724.

OTHER CAR GADGETS FROM US (TYRE PUMP, CHARGER, RIM DECORATOR, VACUUM CLEANER ETC): https://gadgetworld.com.ng/product-category/car-gadgets/

1) In-car holder for iPhone, Samsung, Nokia, HTC and most smartphones

2) Works in all cars, easy to use

3) Adjustable rotation for 360 degrees

4) Adjustable Neck and Mount width from 45 to 106mm, adjust to any size of phones

5) USB car charger (5V,3.1A) Quick speed & high efficiency charging

6) High quality PC+ABS material

7) Non-slip feet, keep your cell phone in holder steadily

cool Input: 12V-24V

9) Output: 5V 3.1A max

10) Over current protection

11) Tightly fitting clamps

12) Flexible Banding Neck Cushioned Expandable Holder Maximum Output: 3A for 1-2 x USB

Instructions:

1) Secure the mount into your car’s cigarette lighter or auxiliary port

2) Insert your phone or device into mount

Push the side clamps together to tighten

Plug the USB Cable into the port and affix the other end into your device

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mymotong: 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2018
mymotong:
We still install the MOST AFFORDABLE AND QUALITY TRACKERS YOU COULD FIND ANYWHERE, featuring Android/iOS tracking/demobilizing, sms tracking/demobilize, online tracking/demobilizing, daily mileage report (to know how many km your car runs each day), Vehicle history report (where your car had been between time X and Y) and many more features.

Presently going for 25K (without Online Platform), 30K (with Lifetime access to online platform/app).

Call us on 09032614208 to schedule an installation.

Tracker page: https://mymoto.com.ng/product/vehicle-car-pickup-commercial-trucks-gps-tracker-h02-tracker-nigerian-configured/
Office Location: 3-9 Olu Koleosho Street, Off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos

WHY DOES YOUR CAR NEED MYMOTO TRACKER

(1) Security: While anti-theft systems like push-buttons before car start, gear lock, pedal locks etc… are good, ONLY A TRACKING SYSTEM LIKE OURS ALLOWS YOU TO RECOVER (AND ALSO PROTECT) YOUR VEHICLE IF YOUR CAR IS HIJACKED FROM YOU WHILE DRIVING. Our trackers are both anti-theft and recovery in nature. e.g. You should shutdown your car before you sleep at night or park in a public space. Whenever you need to start the car, you enable it also.

(2) Remote Monitoring: GPS Security trackers allows you to monitor your vehicle location remotely from your phone. You are able to view your car’s location in real time (from our IOS/ANDROID APPS).

(3) Vehicle History: Through our online platform (IOS/ANDROID APPS) , you can view where your car had been between DAY X and DAY Y. A plot is shown on a map showing your car’s movement over this period of time.

(4) Remotely Stop Your Car: With our security GPS tracker, you are able to stop your car from ANY PHONE with an sms command. This function can also be carried out through our online platforms.

(5) Geo-Fencing Alarm:If your car goes beyond set a radius (or multi-point), say Lagos, you will be notified by sms.

(6) Other alarms (Over-speed Alarm, Ignition On Alarm, Low Battery Alarm ): Over-speed alarms notifies you via sms when your car goes beyond a particular speed. Ignition on notifies you WHENEVER your car is started. Low Battery Alarm lets you know when your car battery is low.

(7) Daily Mileage report (online platform): Daily mileage report shows you a daily chart (in KM) of your car.

We have heard of one or two expereience of how clients were able to recover their vehicles BECAUSE THEY HAD A TRACKER INSTALLED IN IT. We will be sharing some of them with you based on TRUE LIFE EXPERIENCES.

If you have had personal experiences also, kindly share with us.

WE STILL INSTALL THE MOST AFFORDABLE TRACKERS AROUND STARTING FROM 25K (VARIES WITH CAR MODEL).

CONTACT US ON 09032614208 OR 08060675824. More details on tracker: https://mymoto.com.ng/why-you-should-install-the-mymoto-security-tracker/

WE ARE THE ONLY COMPANY THAT OFFERS FREE LIFETIME ACCESS TO OUR ONLINE PLATFORMS FOR MONITORING/STOPpING YOUR CAR.

YOU'VE SPENT QUITE MUCH TO ACQUIRE YOUR CAR, SECURE IT WITH A TRACKER. BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY

Story 1
During one of our installs, the client shared with us how Mr Ayo (not his real name) borrowed his brothers car, and waylaid in the night somewhere in Lagos. Unknown to the thieves, the car had a tracker in it. That same night they tracked the vehicle to a military baracks (apparenntly the thieves had accomplices with military connections). They went with the police and they were able to recover the car (THE DEMOBILIZE FUNCTION OF THE TRACKER WAS USED TO ENSURE THE CAR DID NOT MOVE UNTIL THEY GOT TO THAT LOCATION)...

Story 2
Mr Bayo was bout entering his car in the night somewhere in Lagos when he was attacked. He immediately used his phone to demobilize the car some minutes after they had zoomed away with the car. The thieves ran away when they discovered the car wasn't strating again. The car was tracked to Ajah. Apparently the thieves ran away in fear with the keys of the car grin

If you have similar stories please share with us...

Call/Whatsapp 08060675824 for details on how to schedule an installation.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tsunayoichi: 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
I greet... Bass GAZZUZ.
GAZZUZZ:

Does he have 240k? grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 2:53pm On Aug 10, 2018
Gentlelife50:

I thought I was the only person that observed this, me I hardly rev pass 2. 80k/h if you talk I will tell you I am being monitored. I can end a trip once a rider starts insisting I must do fast and furious.

A rider once asked me to drive very fast that he's late for an appointment and a gently told him my car is not a race car and with the condition of our roads, I can't comman spoil my car bcus U lost consciousness of time.

He just kept quiet.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2018
Tsunayoichi:
I greet... Bass GAZZUZ.

₦1million qweeession.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Does he have 240k? grin

₦1million qweeession
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2018
Tgiirl:

Sure say you never join bad gang grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dadaijboy: 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2018
ifyeez:
Wait time matters, also sharp network too. Picked up somebody inside an estate, about 5min drive to pickup, I saw about 3 drivers waiting for request there.
God's grace like my Christian brothers will say.

entered Isaac John now now, saw more dan 10 drivers packed, but I got request b4 Landmark and d person is Inside Land mark house...

LUCK and Grace!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2018
From vgc i found myself here. when i started to ask myself who send me message? Who will take me out of here now? 5mins a request popped in.
Now thats another punishment..
Rider was like: use the map to locate me.
Me: is that the correct address sir? Please confirm.
Rider: yes it is. Be coming.
Wrong. After plenty turn turn.
Me; oga tell me the closest street to ur close please.

Had to input it on the map manually.

Started trip and his pick up address was what he put as destination.... Nawa....

To add salt to injury, his preferred routes were opposite of what map was suggesting. I warned him he would be late. For wia..... stubborn.

We got to oregun 20mins late.

Rider; please flash my number again, so u will be coming to pick us whenever....
Me: ok (if i hear) undecided

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2018
slamstanlee:
From vgc i found myself here. when i started to ask myself who send me message? Who will take me out of here now? 5mins a request popped in.
Now thats another punishment..
Rider was like: use the map to locate me.
Me: is that the correct address sir? Please confirm.
Rider: yes it is. Be coming.
Wrong. After plenty turn turn.
Me; oga tell me the closest street to ur close please.

Had to input it on the map manually.

Started trip and his pick up address was what he put as destination.... Nawa....

To add salt to injury, his preferred routes were opposite of what map was suggesting. I warned him he would be late. For wia..... stubborn.

We got to oregun 20mins late.

Rider; please flash my number again, so u will be coming to pick us whenever....
Me: ok (if i hear) undecided
So many riders feel you know nothing just because you are driving. I keep mute once I see a rider is doing I too know when it comes to routes. What they don't know is that Google might help you ahead to see congestion but they feel it's their area so they know the place. There was one that was controlling me in a place I live

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) ... (5699) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.