Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4750908 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyclicks: 7:06am On Jun 20, 2017
toyclicks:

Per trip compensations
In line with recent developments, we will be updating rider fares for the week to ensure your trips and earnings do not reduce this week. To compensate for the change to typical rates, you will get +20% added to fare for each client serviced during this period.

N.B! We believe with this ride price this week, you will receive more trip requests. Do stay ONLINE and take advantage of Dynamic Pricing and Back to Back rides as you shall receive a lot more this week.

I am suspecting something. It looks like Taxify want s to reduce the fares
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2017
bluebarz:

i have a clean 2008 Toyota Corrola manual transmission. Can give you if your willing to put in the work, run it on both Uber and Taxify. i'll will collect 40k weekly. hit me up on 08036567714

Bros fear God Na! 40k ontop manual? haba. so how much automatic go collect.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by spokesboy: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2017
naijacutee:
To be fair, regardless of what company you drive for, I think there is a huge disparity between rental and HP arrangements.

I don't think any rental car agreement should be above N30,000 weekly as drivers need to have the incentive of owning the car to pay higher. Whoever requests higher than this should prepare to have their car wrecked, and basically, they won't recover their investment.
Talk is cheap!!! Start rolling out your cars for drivers @ 20k weekly under your poverty alleviation programme. There is nothing like "fairness" when it comes to investment, the terms used are ROI, Yield, Risk premium, Capital, Repayment, Pay Back Period, Fixed cost and Variable cost.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:36am On Jun 20, 2017
spokesboy:

Talk is cheap!!! Start rolling out your cars for drivers @ 20k weekly under your poverty alleviation programme. There is nothing like "fairness" when it comes to investment, the terms used are ROI, Yield, Risk premium, Capital, Repayment, Pay Back Period, Fixed cost and Variable cost.

cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 9:46am On Jun 20, 2017
spokesboy:

Hope you can drive also.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hayboss: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2017
So how much will I be charged from Omole to Marina riding with Uber? Any idea? Money no dey grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 9:50am On Jun 20, 2017
hayboss:
So how much will I be charged from Omole to Marina riding with Uber? Any idea? Money no dey grin

order via your app.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2017
Taxify need to do more publicity and adverts. Taxify is better. But uber is even cheaper than your normal yellow cabs. What a yellow cab won't accept is what u get in uber. But we have more riders in uber than taxify. A driver can wait for as long as 2 hours to get a rider but in uber u don't wait for a minute. Its not favorable to drivers at all. Its extremely cheap.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hayboss: 9:56am On Jun 20, 2017
I'm new. Is it compatible with all phones?

OlugbengaE:

order via your app.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bluebarz(m): 10:25am On Jun 20, 2017
lexylexy:

Bros fear God Na! 40k ontop manual? haba. so how much automatic go collect.

Because manual dey use sand and Automatic dey use fuel abi? or Manual no dey use engine and automatic dey use engine. i just taya for you but u need fear youself...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
Oh yeah, i switched on my taxify and tested it too. Hmmmmmmm! I stayed 30mins before getting a request, the next one was up to 1hr. But the pay was good. Now i switch on uber again i get requests almost immediately. While heading to d destination i get another, accept and keep them waiting, assuring them i will pick them shortly. I didn't have a break till i went offline. The pay is so bad and annoying. The worst is driving like 4-5km to pick up, only to drive to a 1-2km destination and d fare would be like 300, maximum sad 500

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
Pls house how much is required to get a TIN
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Losami(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
please i need a driver or a company that helps manage car on uber and TAXIFY platform. toyota corolla .... 40k delivery every week.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
Losami:
please i need a driver or a company that helps manage car on uber and TAXIFY platform. toyota corolla .... 40k delivery every week. you can reach me on 08074944648 asap
what year is the corolla and has it bin registered
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
ihimiray:
Pls house how much is required to get a TIN
TIN is free,,just walk into any FIRS office.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 6:17pm On Jun 20, 2017
vpaymoney:

So na 1m you for take? Go and buy 2000model and expect 40k. But prepare your mind for 15k sha!

Thats why most of you dont have car to drive, because you are looking for who you will take advantage off.

Golf3 deliver 21k weekly.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
bluebarz:

Because manual dey use sand and Automatic dey use fuel abi? or Manual no dey use engine and automatic dey use engine. i just taya for you but u need fear youself...

sorry o bros, good luck in your search for a good driver ready to put in good work grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seanaddy(m): 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
How about hire purchase. Anyone have something on that here...

Just interested in getting a car I can run either uber or taxi as part time by myself. If anyone have got something should pls quote me.
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnadu: 7:12pm On Jun 20, 2017
My 2009 Honda Civic (America spec) is still available for Hire Purchase
Car was imported and cleared in May 2017. I registered it this month to be able to do comprehensive insurance from AXA Mansard (done). Already passed Uber inspection. Never drives on Uber or any other. Actual mileage is 90k
18% initial deposit required.
Only serious guys should please call me on 08025369868
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by needhelp2: 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
Johnadu:
Car was imported and cleared in May 2017. I registered it this month to be able to do comprehensive insurance from AXA Mansard (done). Already passed Uber inspection. Never drives on Uber or any other. Actual mileage is 90k
can you plz help a brother out sir, I don't have 18 kobo sir, I Will be glad if to u can consider
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
Until all uber driver made up there mind to go off useless uber platform, uber won't learn lesson. I did 7 long trips today on uber, the total amount was N6,780. Total fuel used 4k. Remove uber 25 percent. my profit was like 1200 from 8am to 7pm. I almost cry. My question is what if my car developed issue, where do I get money to fix it. I'm using a 2008 car. I waited for more than 2 hours on taxify no rider.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
Any partner in the house? How does the bank alert from uber look like. My partner want to be cleared about it. The text he got carries his TAX id. So i just told him it's from uber. Can any one confirm?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2017
xana101:
Until all uber driver made up there mind to go off useless uber platform, uber won't learn lesson. I did 7 long trips today on uber, the total amount was N6,780. Total fuel used 4k. Remove uber 25 percent. my profit was like 1200 from 8am to 7pm. I almost cry. My question is what if my car developed issue, where do I get money to fix it. I'm using a 2008 car. I waited for more than 2 hours on taxify no rider.
if you want to be successful driving on an e-taxi platform, you have to change your positioning mentality. do not start your day in areas where people prefer to use molue and danfo and okada as primary means of transportation.

even if you must start your days in those forsaken areas, always navigate to areas with high rider density and avoid being stationary while waiting for a request.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by seanaddy(m): 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
Johnadu:

how much is 18% worth of the car sir. I would like to know. Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
integrity9:
Romeo,

I'm ready to go live this week. Think uber is still good?
Ikoyi to Festac is discouraging for 970 don't you think?

Anyone driving on uber at the moment is actually paying them for the privilege.

The car hire guys can afford to do it because the cars don't belong to them; they can take the meager margins and scram. Car owners eventually end up spending more than their accumulated earnings on major repairs, because of the state of Lagos roads.

One crook here already admitted he only takes uber when going to neighbourhoods where the roads are not motorable
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Donmatlock: 7:00am On Jun 21, 2017
Most people seem not to understand the concept of Uber or Taxi sharing business. You really don't need to buy a new car for Uber. The idea was to give car owners opportunity to make extra income if their vehicles are available, you talk of those out of job or have idle cars. So if you go ahead to buy a new one it doesn't matter to Uber and that's why it seems they are not favouring partners.
Secondly, Uber is fair to all parties and I guess they realised that the middle class in Nigeria are not that rich thus the price reviews. How many people can pay 2k for. 4km ride when you can jump a bus for N200? Well, I just take Uber when I am heading for a special occasion, when the road is not accessible or airport. If the fares come down more, I probably use them regularly against cabs because of security!
Ubers has other competitors so if you feel they are not good enough try them. Taxify, etc. 25% Is reasonable because they provide you with a platform and automated service. If you were to run a taxi on your own how do you get clients? If you join airport taxi, you pay heavily and still queue. Appreciate uber.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 7:18am On Jun 21, 2017
Donmatlock:
Most people seem not to understand the concept of Uber or Taxi sharing business. You really don't need to buy a new car for Uber. The idea was to give car owners opportunity to make extra income if their vehicles are available, you talk of those out of job or have idle cars. So if you go ahead to buy a new one it doesn't matter to Uber and that's why it seems they are not favouring partners.
Secondly, Uber is fair to all parties and I guess they realised that the middle class in Nigeria are not that rich thus the price reviews. How many people can pay 2k for. 4km ride when you can jump a bus for N200? Well, I just take Uber when I am heading for a special occasion, when the road is not accessible or airport. If the fares come down more, I probably use them regularly against cabs because of security!
Ubers has other competitors so if you feel they are not good enough try them. Taxify, etc. 25% Is reasonable because they provide you with a platform and automated service. If you were to run a taxi on your own how do you get clients? If you join airport taxi, you pay heavily and still queue. Appreciate uber.

So you're praying for the price to still go down more. make una dey fear God Na, chaii, this is Evils
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 7:30am On Jun 21, 2017
Donmatlock:
Ubers has other competitors so if you feel they are not good enough try them. Taxify, etc

You are a rider and you will never understand because you wont mind even if its free!. It is worse for for those who do it part time,as you are only wrecking your personal car for peanuts!!! Just buy a car solely for Uber and careless about it. Imagine Uber started with 2009 cars now they accept 2000 cars. People invested money to buy 2009 cars now they accept 2000 cars. Now people who buy 2000 cars will be left high and dry when uber changes to 2003 or 2004.

Uber in Abuja and Lagos cost the same. thats is absurd. Lagos has more bad roads and more traffic compared to Abuja.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 7:58am On Jun 21, 2017
Uber Founder Travis Kalanick Resigns as C.E.O.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 7:59am On Jun 21, 2017
Donmatlock:
I don't blame u. U have job and u don't knowbhow it feels. Uber takes 25 percent while taxify takes 5 percent. Uber fair is very low while taxify is reasonable. U can't pay so low for a comfort like that. Why are some hotel taking 100k for a night and some takes 5k for a night. Its the comfort. U get better comfort with uber than yellow cab but yellow cab charges more than uber. Does that make sense to u.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by JABB(m): 8:37am On Jun 21, 2017
2 cars in Queues Position what does this mean?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 8:53am On Jun 21, 2017
JABB:
2 cars in Queues Position what does this mean?

it means there are only two 2 cars in queue around the airport vicinity, meaning it might soon get to your turn to get request from the airport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Monaboo(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.