Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4748745 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 9:30am On Jun 21, 2017
what happens if a rider refuses to pay. cash or card
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2017
OlugbengaE:
what happens if a rider refuses to pay. cash or card
Don't argue with them, let them go. Then report to uber in the help section.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 10:28am On Jun 21, 2017
I tried uber yesterday after waiting for long on taxify. I did 7 long trips. The total was 6k plus. I used fuel of 4k. Uber removed there 25 percent. I was left with 1,120. I laugh. From 9am to 7pm. Uber is not worth it. Try uber for 2 day and I bet u, u will run. Most drivers on uber are newbis. No old driver will do uber right now. Why taking 25 percent. When taxify takes 5 percent and charges even better. Uber is just a useless platform to drivers and they 4get drivers are the engine of the business.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
you need to know where and how to position yourself, I made 16,200 on taxify on Monday after taking 8 trips. Didn't go online yesterday nor today

xana101:
Until all uber driver made up there mind to go off useless uber platform, uber won't learn lesson. I did 7 long trips today on uber, the total amount was N6,780. Total fuel used 4k. Remove uber 25 percent. my profit was like 1200 from 8am to 7pm. I almost cry. My question is what if my car developed issue, where do I get money to fix it. I'm using a 2008 car. I waited for more than 2 hours on taxify no rider.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
stick to your Keke napep

Donmatlock:
Most people seem not to understand the concept of Uber or Taxi sharing business. You really don't need to buy a new car for Uber. The idea was to give car owners opportunity to make extra income if their vehicles are available, you talk of those out of job or have idle cars. So if you go ahead to buy a new one it doesn't matter to Uber and that's why it seems they are not favouring partners.
Secondly, Uber is fair to all parties and I guess they realised that the middle class in Nigeria are not that rich thus the price reviews. How many people can pay 2k for. 4km ride when you can jump a bus for N200? Well, I just take Uber when I am heading for a special occasion, when the road is not accessible or airport. If the fares come down more, I probably use them regularly against cabs because of security!
Ubers has other competitors so if you feel they are not good enough try them. Taxify, etc. 25% Is reasonable because they provide you with a platform and automated service. If you were to run a taxi on your own how do you get clients? If you join airport taxi, you pay heavily and still queue. Appreciate uber.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Uuzoaku: 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
alstarmayo:
you need to know where and how to position yourself, I made 16,200 on taxify on Monday after taking 8 trips. Didn't go online yesterday nor today

Bros pls how can a new driver know where and how to position one's self? Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 21, 2017
Donmatlock:
Most people seem not to understand the concept of Uber or Taxi sharing business. You really don't need to buy a new car for Uber. The idea was to give car owners opportunity to make extra income if their vehicles are available, you talk of those out of job or have idle cars. So if you go ahead to buy a new one it doesn't matter to Uber and that's why it seems they are not favouring partners.
Secondly, Uber is fair to all parties and I guess they realised that the middle class in Nigeria are not that rich thus the price reviews. How many people can pay 2k for. 4km ride when you can jump a bus for N200? Well, I just take Uber when I am heading for a special occasion, when the road is not accessible or airport. If the fares come down more, I probably use them regularly against cabs because of security!
Ubers has other competitors so if you feel they are not good enough try them. Taxify, etc. 25% Is reasonable because they provide you with a platform and automated service. If you were to run a taxi on your own how do you get clients? If you join airport taxi, you pay heavily and still queue. Appreciate uber.

Typically selfish Nigerian. You expect other people to put their cars on the inaccessible road for you at zero premium.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dexterush(f): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
ARE YOU NEW ON UBER,AND NEED HELP REGISTERING YOUR CAR,CONTACT ME ON THIS NUMBER FOR QUICK UBER REGISTRATION. - 07032275304

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2017
Stay in areas where big people stay. On the mainland, Gbagada, Magodo, Ikeja GRA, Ogudu, surulere. Everywhere on the island is good except balogun/ eko market. Lekki is usually more busy than ikoyi and VI is majorly busy in the evening when people are returning from work.
But the major thing is timing, stay online from 5am to 10am when people are going to work and from 4pm to 8pm when they are returning.
If I'm in Ikeja in the evening, I'll go to Ikeja mall, but in the morning, I'll go to Magodo

Uuzoaku:

Bros pls how can a new driver know where and how to position one's self? Thanks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eledalo: 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2017
Well, we may expect some changes in the coming weeks/months.

Uber's CEO has just resigned, under pressure from shareholders.

I often wondered, why did Uber have that knee jerk reaction to taxify's reduction in fares? No they're struggling to exit this very strange hole they've put themselves in.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by integrity9(m): 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2017
Romeo3,

Where are you? You inspire those of us who want to stick to Uber

Or is the party over?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Meoos: 10:35pm On Jun 21, 2017
An experienced Uber driver that is reliable, trustworthy and hardworking driver is needed to manage a fuel efficient 2006 Hyundai on weekly rental basis of 40k (until further improvement).

The driver must have at least 2 good standing guarantors that can be confirmed.

If you meet the above criteria and can meet the target,send me a mail on flosteve.fs@gmail.com.

Please don't bother to send if you're new on Uber or you feel the terms are difficult.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lumi101: 1:13am On Jun 22, 2017
You are definitely right..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lumi101: 1:44am On Jun 22, 2017
kaybee29:
Hello good evening. Please am thinking of putting a corolla 06 into uber on hire purchase terms. How much do you think is fair to give out this car on hire purchase and how much is fair to be paid weekly for this. Thank you so much for your anticipated response

Is your 2006 corolla toks if it is then 3.8m is fair enough but if it is a naija use N2.8m is fair enough with a N40k weekly payment... I'm interested in your offer..2yrs experience with uber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 5:02am On Jun 22, 2017
Where is romeo3?
I can't make money with Uber. What happen to me now that I have join.
I spent 3000naira on fuel yesterday. How do I pay my car rental?

For 8hours I make only 4500.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 7:33am On Jun 22, 2017
When we were talking, y'all said we were hating on the boy, a word is enough for the wise.
you live in ogudu? I stay in ogudu too

entparrot:
Where is romeo3?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 7:33am On Jun 22, 2017
For now uber is suffer head. Don't border ur self doing uber. U can't make gain. From morning to night u only make like 1200 as profit in uber what happen if ur car breaks down. Where do u get money to fix it. U give them 25 percent, u remover fuel money, what left is not more than 1200 daily as ur profit. I've tried it and I swear not to on their useless uber until they do something about it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 7:40am On Jun 22, 2017
WE TALK AM DEM ABUSE US

UNA SE AM?

In Africa, Uber Lagos is the 2nd cheapest after Uber Abuja. The 3rd cheapest Accra Ghana.

List coming soon

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eluquenson(m): 7:51am On Jun 22, 2017
OlugbengaE:
WE TALK AM DEM ABUSE US

UNA SE AM?

In Africa, Uber Lagos is the 2nd cheapest after Uber Abuja. The 3rd cheapest Accra Ghana.
Uber lacks real professionalism in doing business, they tapped from underutilized resources in Nigeria but failed to improve on their business model. They have failed in all countries they operate which led to several Uber executives to resign as well as the CEO.

it's a big shame on whosoever clap for Uber Nigeria.

Those drivers​ that are still on Uber in Lagos are just a mere street hustlers without entrepreneurial skills

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 7:51am On Jun 22, 2017
I carry one small girl from banana island gate to awolowo road on useless uber. This girl was so rude to me. The way the girl talk to me make me feel ashamed of myself. At the end uber charge her N512. I couldn't take the money, I ask her to keep it and I left. I spent up to N2.3m buying this car. I lost my job as a banker and use almost all my money to buy this car for uber taxi and my personal ride. My friend made me join uber. He's been telling me how he make 10k daily and I was like, that's good business but now I know better.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:04am On Jun 22, 2017
entparrot:
Where is romeo3?

you need to change your mode of operation. 4500 is too low for 8hrs. with what you did yesterday, even without the 40% reduction you would have only made 6300.

use destination trips in the mornings and head to the island where there is always a surge.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:10am On Jun 22, 2017
set a destination. Set it to Ajah

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:14am On Jun 22, 2017
what will now happen is that you will only receive requests heading to the direction of ajah. namely, ikoyi, vi, lekki and ajah.

sometimes, you may not get direct trips to ajah but as long as your destination trip is set, it wont find you trips headed else where.

the idea is to get to ajah without burning free fuel. when you are at ajah, cancel the destination trip and receive normal trips.

your revenue will increase.

this is called positioning

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:18am On Jun 22, 2017
if you had followed the step above this morning, you would have gotten to ajah by now. there is a current surge of 2.7 in ajah. what that means is that any request you receive, the price would almost be tripled.

on a normal day, ajah to V I is about 1500.

so riders would pay you almost 4500. so you would make on one trip what you made through out yesterday.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:29am On Jun 22, 2017
according to an uber survey some months ago, ajah has the largest number of uber riders. position yourselves to take advantage of the situation.

no one thought me these things. i only learnt from experience. life is never easy for any one. we just have to keep on looking for ways to maximize our current situation.

if we keep complaining a solution will never come. you need to know the amount of drivers on uber and on taxify. they all want to make money. but the truth is that they all cannot make 100k a week because they are all not having the same level of smartness and intuition.

when uber had not reduced the price. many drivers were not making 100k a week.

taxify is more expensive than uber, still most taxify drivers dont make 100k a week.

you need to set yourself apart if you are going to be successful.

if you say you are leaving uber today and joining taxify, your situation may also not change. its not about taxify or uber. its about you.

if i join taxify today i'll make nothing less than 150k a week. because i know how to.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2017
entparrot:
Where is romeo3? I can't make money with Uber. What happen to me now that I have join. I spent 3000naira on fuel yesterday. How do I pay my car rental?

is this your first day on Uber?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 8:40am On Jun 22, 2017
bragging, crowing, swaggering, braggart, overweening, overbearing, bumptious, puffed up, vaunting, blowhard, ostentatious, full of oneself

who do all these description fit

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kudsweet(f): 9:03am On Jun 22, 2017
That street boy called Romeo has runaway from this thread abi, he was forming voltron with someone else car, he really want to wreck the partner's car just for his own selfish motive to make it at other people's expense.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by babniyen(m): 10:22am On Jun 22, 2017
Personally I really applaud Romeo3 because he always thinks with his head and not his heart. He has tricks up his sleeves and willing to share. I am sure if he stops making money on Uber, he will be gone in a moment. Kodos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnadu: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2017
What an elder sees while sitting, a child can't see from the top of a tree. When people like OlugbengaE analysed enslavement on the present Uber rate, some people tagged everyone else lazy and fools. Many people on this forum decided to follow Romeo3 while we should have joined hands to protest Uber rate (as they did in Kenya and got result). Now we are all crying fouls and abusing Uber. This business is determined by factors like ROI, man hour, depreciation, etc.
Sorry, it is too late to mourn Uber fare, we could have protested by striking then, but we said it does not matter we are workaholic and wiser. Let us work harder....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 10:36am On Jun 22, 2017
why wouldnt you want to protest when you arent remitting money to anyone weekly?

lol. funny people. so a driver on a weekly rental or HP should renege on his agreement with owner of the vehicle and park someones car to protest, because at the end of the week you will give him money to pay his weekly rental?

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: carbonado(m), emadamysy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.