Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,362 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Please Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice (523 Views)

Please Advice Me: Am I Over Reacting Or Is She Really Playing Me? / My Girlfriend Versus Her Bestfriend Versus Me: Please Advice Me / At 7weeks ...Is Abortion the way Out? please Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice by nely(m): 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
A friend of mine, got married about 3 months ago,they are both working but the wife earns more than him but she has been pressurising him they should have joint account even before they got married but he is against it, cos he doesn't want her to fill he is using her money and he is head of the family... so he needs an advice cos she told him they should open it on Monday..
Re: Please Advice by ronald4lif(m): 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
Maybe it's just me but I don't like the idea of joint account and/or assets, wife or not. It's my believe that everyone should maintain their finances whatever way they like.

But if the joint account won't mean you jettisoning your personal account and deposit all your joint earnings then fine. But if otherwise then don't buy into it. I trust you wouldn't want her to know whenever you make withdrawals from the account. The questioning is a recipe for disaster.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
Meh. Between married people it should be: mi money es su money. What's the big deal? Maybe she's trying to make him feel less insecure about who brings in more bacon by having a joint account.

May I ask who is footing most the household bills in their home? Because refusing still doesn't make him earn more grin What's his problem?
Re: Please Advice by Venom104: 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
Its surprising that a woman earning more is the one suggesting a joint account.. So they exist? Not 'those my husbands money is our money and my money remains mine' ladies.. Credit to the wife

But personally, i don't subscribe to the idea of having a joint account, so what happens if either of us makes a mistake? Will she be monitoring every transaction i make? Will she remind me later in the future that my success was only possible because it was her money?..

Why not a joint savings account? so each can deposit an adequate sum at the end of the month to build a future together.
Re: Please Advice by gj22(m): 9:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
Is the point of the joint account not that the other person doesn't squander money?

It's even a win for him since he earns less than her. The only downside I can see is that he won't be able to spend money anyhow.
Re: Please Advice by akom0908(m): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
Today is my birthday,if u want to celebrate your next birthday,gimme likes

(1) (Reply)

Bad BEHAVIOURS Ladies Shuold Avoid In Relationship / A Brother Needs Your Help / 5 Funny But Awesome Times To Be In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.