Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,715 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday (55738 Views)

My Response To: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday By Koboko69 / Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun / Saraki Unfolds Agenda For Nigeria As He Takes Over NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday by richeso: 2:16am On Oct 11, 2015
francizy:

Let me address your points individually:

If I were the president, judging from my kind of person (gentle having respect for human lives), I'd have done exactly what GEJ did by removing Ihejirika when accusations were flying here and there even though I know all the accusations were baseless. I don't really know much about Ali Modu Sheriff, but I'd have secretly investigated both men and if there wasn't anything incriminating about them, I free them.

Now, on the way GEJ handled boko haram, what is different from how Buhari is handling boko haram? Has anything changed? By the way, let's not forget someone made a very bold and daring step to go through the back door to acquire weapons for our military when US failed us. He didn't mind his reputation, he didn't mind what his opposition parties (who play politics with anything including human lives) would say but made that bold step. Imagine what El Rufai said about GEJ and the Chadian President on his twitter handle (GEJ has gone to Chad for the second time in a month, to plan more attacks?), is that proper? Going by such statements uttered by senseless and demonic opposition back then, Buhari has done virtually all that GEJ was criticized of doing but rather than condemn him for doing what the "clueless one" tried and failed, you lots are hailing him.

If it is fight against insurgency, I can tell you a simple fact, our NA is more of playing out a useless movie script right now for us. They dish out propaganda and lies while people believe them. It wasn't like that in the past administration as the military back then backed their statements with evidences in pictures and videos (of dead terrorists). The earlier the NA and the government realises there's no time, the better for them. They better get down to work and crush boko haram like they promised.

Now that the Buhari led administration is wrongly handling boko haram, I plead that you continue criticizing and blaming the past administration rather than holding him accountable for his failures. It's just like when you have a child who does everything wrong and you the father looks for a scapegoat to always blame for his failures, while praising him for doing little or nothing. That's one sure way of making someone fail more easily.

Oh, i thought i am the only one who know the truth but well.. i think NL have few more Sensible and Honest Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 11, 2015
richeso:

must you display your mumu before you talk?

That OBishit who shout and shout for the ScamBBOG is being awarded for a great work well done and even have hope to be minister while the girls are not yet found..LOL. no more BBOG again. No more musics everywhere again, newspaper etc no one talk about it again..LOL

or you forget the same HolyBuhari and the northern elites cries that their children is being killed by our Soldiers? ( or maybe you tell why America refuse to give weapons ) or you forgot Buhari once complained of killing of youths and plea for amnesty ?

why you mumu like this? abeg park your mumu keep for yourself. don't spread it.

am not APC OR PDP. i am Nigerian and i am Me, we all know the truth even you.

you have noticed you. run along now.
Re: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday by bastien: 9:24am On Oct 11, 2015
GenBuhari:
Comments like this is why they you wailing wailers tongue

Abeg no be me said am.
love my country..... And I pray for good and not bad, I'm not supporting any party nor man, I don't vote either
Re: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday by thepen: 10:11am On Oct 11, 2015
kossyablaze:
I'm APC buh each time I remember that Buharis statement "I will wipe out boko harams with just two months",I'm tempted to believe 2pacs words...I see no Changes...We APC lied and deceived Nigerians.I am a man of integrity,and if thr is anything I detest,it is fake campaign promises!

plese publish this your statement on the Nation Newspaper; an APC tabloid.
Re: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday by Johnsinia(m): 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
Ioannes:

look here old man, I am sure you know how evil men "does their thing" and how bad men operate, (I wont even ask how you know), but unless you can provide a link or a proof that Buhari is the sponsor of boko haram, I refuse to believe you because that is hear say. I am not going to base my judgment of buhari's tenure on some FICTIONAL novel from Ghana or wherever cos as an old man, you should already know that it is fiction.

there is no need for me to repent, I haven't done anything wrong. whether you support buhari or not, he is going to be the president till at the very least 2019. what we should think of is how to support him so that he wont fail.

I am still waiting for that proof that Buhari is the sponsor of boko haram and that he is a murderer like you suggested. unless ofcourse it is just beer parlour talk you are passing off as facts.
Mr proof searcher, keep searching for proof until u land in hell. Note that many people will get their proof in hell but toolate. U knw the proofs already, y r u still pretending, go back to PMB comments over the last 5 general elections and get ur proofs that is, if u give it an open mind. If Nig is to be America for instance, PMB would ve been jailed many yrs ago.
Re: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday by kessler53(m): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2015
Ioannes:
oh I thought you guys in the opposition said that buhari was using boko haram to destabilize Jonathan's government. so now Buhari is using the same boko haram to destabilize his own government too? you guys are hilarious.

who handled boko haram with kid's gloves,.calling them his siblings? - the clueless one.

who refused to acknowledge that boko harm was a threat But said that terrorism was every where in the world and "maybe it's our turn" - otueke clown.

who ignored the kidnapped chibok girls claiming no one was kidnapped and ignored the menace until 2wks to election? - Dumbo GEJ.

you think we have forgotten? Please try this ruse again in like 100yrs time maybe you will be able to get away with it.

the good thing now is that Buhari has given us a deadline, December. we are watching and waiting.
But december will come and go and bokoharam will still be around.to me giving of that dateline is the greatest mistake of Buhari.
Re: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
kessler53:
But december will come and go and bokoharam will still be around.to me giving of that dateline is the greatest mistake of Buhari.

it's a military tactic.
putting a deadline to the whole struggle puts the military chiefs on their toes. if they don't achieve by then, they can be replaced. That's the whole point.

without a timeline we will keep fighting boko haram forever.

by the end of December we can ask Mr. President How far, and he in turn will be forced to turn to his military chiefs to give account. That's How a country should work.

next I expect is a declaration of emergency on the power and economy sectors. put people in charge and give them timelines and deadlines to work with. responsible government.

we shouldn't wait forever for the dividends of democracy na.
Re: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday by winningwinner(m): 9:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ioannes:

first of all, it's whipping and not "weeping"
second, what I posted there is my opinion
third, that you think what I posted is thrash is your opinion, which frankly doesn't really matter much to me.

now you can talk of celebrating mediocrity, Jonathan's time we actually worshipped mediocrity.

you said the situation is getting worse, I say you are a liar.

remind us again How many local government areas did gej lose to dem boko boys?

need I remind you that our soldiers were scampering away with their tails between their legs whenever boko boys confronted them. making tactical retreat into Cameroon. what is the case now?

I will give Buhari a chance to succeed just like we all gave Jonathan when he first came in. but buhari should know he is on the clock and time is ticking.

unlike some of you, u am not a blind follower of any leader. you do well we praise you, you do badly we let you know.

buhari has hardly spent half a year and people want to kill him. their mentor messed up for 6yrs But they are ready to die for him. smh.
Hmmm! Thanks for the correction on 'weeping and whipping' but I must say that your assessment of the issue is not true.
1. The north never gave GEJ the chance to prove hinself as they beg people on Buhari.
2. All the LGAs in Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa were recovered and librated before Jonathan left office, Sambisa forest was combed by soldiers.
3. GEJ govt was attacked by the north for killing Boko Haram members, even President Buhari took it personal, calling it ethnic cleansing. Murtala Nyako's utterances are still fresh in our memory. The threat to try Ihejirika at the ICC is still new.
4. GEJ govt tried amidst sabortage from the north to procure weapons for the soldiers. The refusal to sell arms to Nigeria by certain countries cannot be wished away. Moved by compassion to save this country, Jonathan's govt tried all means possible to buy arms to no avail. Reprieve only came towards the end of his regime.
5. Buhari's govt has not bought a single riffle, they are still using the ones GEJ bought which Dasuki said have not finished arriving.
6. I do not know which part of the country you are from but I did not see anyone from the South-South killing, maiming and burning properties because Buhari won and their own person lost. That is what happened when Buhari lost election... it was one problem of the north on another till GEJ handed over to Buhari.
You can go ahead blaming GEJ and leaving behind the spoilers of Nigeria for all I care, but the truth is: I need to move FORWARD!
However, the myriads of promises made during the campaign period are yet to be met. Ending Boko Haram is now December. We are watching!!!!
Re: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday by hassman: 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
Elose11:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-and-jonathan-the-truth-unfolds/222396/

You are either awfully misinformed or deliberately mischievous and partisan! Buhari as a former governor of North East, a Northern and former Head of State would never encourage insurgency in Nigeria. You did not provide evidence of this.

Boko Haram were a bunch of insignificant religious ideologues when GEJ became president but his incisiveness allowed BH to flourish. Under his administration, corruption was so pervasive that it was accepted as the way to do business, including in the military. Vote for Capital expenditure were diverted to personal coffers of the top brass and the other ranks were left demotivated. This was why BH took on a life of its own and became a monster that was able to capture and hold Nigerian cities in a conventional warfare.

Since Buhari and APC came to office, BH have been driven out of almost all their enclaves apart from a few areas. The BH strategy is now almost entirely guerilla warfare using unsuspecting and unwilling children to commit mass murder and mayhem. It is not so much conventional warfare any more; apart from isolated cases of far-flung villages, which they raid to loot essential items for their nefarious well-being!

The world's greatest super power, USA, will tell you that asymmetrical or guerilla warfare where the enemy is part and parcel of the domestic inhabitants, is the most difficult to prosecute successfully. This is because the enemy could be the next face beside you or to your left, right or back. You just don't know!

If mighty is power here, you would have expected the USA military to have dismantled and totally wipe out the Taliban in Afghanistan by now, after 14 years! Instead USA is on the verge of defeat and most coalition nations have tucked tails and left both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Yet, in the few months that PMB has been in power, the military appears more motivated and the insurgents are on a back foot in the entire theatre of operations. To conclude, what grew into a monstrosity under GEJ is being cowed in a few months under PMB, which should be commended.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday by letibab(f): 10:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
hassman:

You are either awfully misinformed or deliberately mischievous and partisan! Buhari as a former governor of North East, a Northern and former Head of State would never encourage insurgency in Nigeria. You did not provide evidence of this.

Boko Haram were a bunch of insignificant religious ideologues when GEJ became president but his incisiveness allowed BH to flourish. Under his administration, corruption was so pervasive that it was accepted as the way to do business, including in the military. Vote for Capital expenditure were diverted to personal coffers of the top brass and the other ranks were left demotivated. This was why BH took on a life of its own and became a monster that was able to capture and hold Nigerian cities in a conventional warfare.

Since Buhari and APC came to office, BH have been driven out of almost all their enclaves apart from a few areas. The BH strategy is now almost entirely guerilla warfare using unsuspecting and unwilling children to commit mass murder and mayhem. It is not so much conventional warfare any more; apart from isolated cases of far-flung villages, which they raid to loot essential items for their nefarious well-being!

The world's greatest super power, USA, will tell you that asymmetrical or guerilla warfare where the enemy is part and parcel of the domestic inhabitants, is the most difficult to prosecute successfully. This is because the enemy could be the next face beside you or to your left, right or back. You just don't know!

If mighty is power here, you would have expected the USA military to have dismantled and totally wipe out the Taliban in Afghanistan by now, after 14 years! Instead USA is on the verge of defeat and most coalition nations have tucked tails and left both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Yet, in the few months that PMB has been in power, the military appears more motivated and the insurgents are on a back foot in the entire theatre of operations. To conclude, what grew into a monstrosity under GEJ is being cowed in a few months under PMB, which should be commended.

Brilliant, epic and thought-provoking!
Re: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday by SKYQUEST(m): 9:43am On Dec 10, 2015
Ioannes:

FINALLY! somebody I can have a decent discussion with.

do I believe he can wipe out boko haram by December? maybe, maybe not. But it's sooo much better to give a deadline and place your military chiefs on their toes.

one of GEJ 's mistake was to assume that since there was terrorism in other parts of the world, it wasnt so bad to also have it here.

That's why other countries didn't take us seriously.

we gave Jonathan a chance, we should do same for Buhari I think. if I was the President I won't expect less from the people I am leading. and am sure you too.

the likelihood for him to succeed is high if we support him and vice versa.

oh btw did you say terrorism will die on it's own, I don't think so. look at ISIS. they are like cockcroaches. they will keep breeding and spreading.

I agree with you that PMB and indeed Nigerians must demand performance from the service Chief, I also agree that we should give Mr. President some time. I am not however comfortable with giving a deadline on defeat of terrorist. What happens if in the first week of January BH manage to launch a devastating attack, it becomes a psychological victory for them and those sympathetic to their course. Even an average Nigerian will just make a mockery of all the laudable effort of the military. The argument will be they couldn't end terrorism in December as they promised. With the sustained effort by the military we will defeat BH but lets not give them any reason to claim a victory.
Re: Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 10, 2015
SKYQUEST:

I agree with you that PMB and indeed Nigerians must demand performance from the service Chief, I also agree that we should give Mr. President some time. I am not however comfortable with giving a deadline on defeat of terrorist. What happens if in the first week of January BH manage to launch a devastating attack, it becomes a psychological victory for them and those sympathetic to their course. Even an average Nigerian will just make a mockery of all the laudable effort of the military. The argument will be they couldn't end terrorism in December as they promised. With the sustained effort by the military we will defeat BH but lets not give them any reason to claim a victory.

I get your point. however, good management technique indicates that you set a goal or series of goals to meet your target .

don't you find it funny how people work harder when there is a deadline?

like I said I get your point. maybe this time around the Presidency and the military will keep the new deadline a secret.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Plan Posting Of Kolo Yusuf To Kano - Daily Nigerian / Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers / Theresa May Meets Emmy Kasbit, Nigerian Designer Of Ankara Jacket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.