Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853098 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
LI:
Round One of our missionary journey is officially a wrap. Wifey and baby returned to Naija yesterday via BA.

Even while there were a few legitimate concerns, we went ahead with Dr F and Oakbend. We figured there were both positive and negative reviews for him but as long as other people were birthing with him, it couldn't be worse than the experiences we've had in the past.

In this era of misconstruing positive feedback for selling and one who gives good reviews must be an agent, I will not be that open about our experience with the doctor. However, there were two incidents worth noting:

1. We got a bill of $6,840 from US Anesthesia Partners for wifey's unscheduled CS after speaking to a customer rep. He insisted on not accepting our payment of $950 until the matter was decided by the board and demanded we fax a justification for the reduction in price to him. We sent him all the documents he requested and at the last minute, we spoke to Dr F about it. He referred to the customer rep as ignorant who should be taken lessons from we patients. Long story short, we didn't pay a cent more than $950 and we received our zero balance.

2. After sending numerous emails to Alice of Oakbend and several un-returned phone calls in-between, Dr F during our post partum appointment advised we pay them a visit at the billing office. We did and got our zero balance 30 minutes later.

The doctor could be the worst doctor in the whole US of A or we were just lucky.

Sincere gratitude to everyone who contributed in no small measure to our journey: directly or otherwise. We are very grateful. The openness with which information is shared here is unparalleled and this made everything super smooth. Even our friends who live in America got a few tips from us.

P.S Now preparing myself for Round Two before Donald Trump gets sworn into office and dabaru everything
Even with the mass shootings? Bihari is working!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
firsttymum:
Neks31 I see u peeping.... How's waddling?

My dear o I wish to be u ehh!! This belle dey do me ehh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sugarmum: 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
Hi everyone. Compliments of the season. Am a FTM planning to birth in the us precisely new jersey. But pls nd pls I just need a quick ans. My mum is supposed to go wit me for my missionary journey altho she just submitted her visa application and has gotten her appointment date but the issue is that her passport bears her first name and last name but she went to include her middle name too in the visa application form. Is dis going to b a problem for her during interview? Cos I just dey vex for her since. Told her to wait for me to crosscheck. But her blood is just tooo hot..... Pls I need an urgent reply so I can calm down and make my own contributions in dis wonderful forum. Tnx.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:10pm On Dec 05, 2015
Hmmm lemme wing it with a little experience.
DS 160 I. Believe asks for name as on passport and then asks for any other names ever answered.
When I went, I omitted my middle name and they sent me back to include it.
My advice? To be on the safe side, fill another form and email them to swap the forms

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sugarmum: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Hmmm lemme wing it with a little experience.
DS 160 I. Believe asks for name as on passport and then asks for any other names ever answered.
When I went, I omitted my middle name and they sent me back to include it.
My advice? To be on the safe side, fill another form and email them to swap the forms
Thanx dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2015
omogedudu99:

No. His eyes do not need to be opened. They accepted my daughter's pictures with her eyes closed at the US PASSPORT office.

That's good to know, I didn't go to the passport office but used my County office and the lady that checked my docs told me she wouldn't have accepted my baby's passport if her eye were closed. Guess she is not aware of what is on the website...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by adegbitetunji(m): 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2015
Hi all...please what's the most affordable maternity package trending here at the moment...thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
neks31:

Choco?? Did u go to Feddy Ow

I went to FGGC Owerri, 99 set
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2015
KayLayChi:

As this place just dry today, make I ask one kwesion.
Anybody from FGGCOSHA? lipsrsealed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2015
Same here o.
My gtbnk card declines in walmart, but in able to withdraw $300 at once at the atm,
fcmb card - epic failure, worked only once n was only able to withdraw $140, since then, it didnt work again.
Sterling- able to withdraw $200

firsttymum:
Gtb wan disgrace me yday o....
Pos is 300 dols per day.
Fcmb decided not to work.
Stanbic is more than annoying.

Nothing as embarrassing as a declined card. Thank God for alternatives..... Chai

Naija oooooooo to spend our own money na wahala.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2015
sugarmum:
Hi everyone. Compliments of the season. Am a FTM planning to birth in the us precisely new jersey. But pls nd pls I just need a quick ans. My mum is supposed to go wit me for my missionary journey altho she just submitted her visa application and has gotten her appointment date but the issue is that her passport bears her first name and last name but she went to include her middle name too in the visa application form. Is dis going to b a problem for her during interview? Cos I just dey vex for her since. Told her to wait for me to crosscheck. But her blood is just tooo hot..... Pls I need an urgent reply so I can calm down and make my own contributions in dis wonderful forum. Tnx.

She's meant to fill name just as it appears on passport. Then there's also a part where it says anyother given names or aliases? She could have put her middle name in there if she wanted.

My question is when you print out the ds160 confirmation page does her middle name appear?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nigeriancuban: 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2015
patiently following...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nigeriancuban: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
Bisoye82:

Kikikikikik grin cheesy so true.
don't be so sure,she might be faster than a ferrari u know
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
bbaby84:

Don't know why I thought you lived in Abj too. So you be lag chic?

My yanga too much abi! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2015
firsttymum:
Nefertitiram
Modath
Nogen

If u do the math ETC is cheaper o. Aside the fact that the blue Pali won't leave ur sight grin.

We r besties after all we did ETC grin

Nogen na my neighbour sef! Oya! Group hug!

The pounded yam wey Modath sama me this morning eh! I neva recover.

Nogen, I de show ya place next o!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chizee02: 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2015
favoredgal:

I think so.... Good to know they've adjusted accordingly

Yea because I got to know about the letter of medical responsibility they give when u pay an enrollment fee of $150 from this forum before ever seeing it on their site. When I was filling the contact form I mentioned that I am yet to be issued a visa, so when they wrote me in their first mail they mentioned that those who don't have visa yet need Dr's personalised letter (as they called it) which costs extra $100. I was mad with them because such information isn't one their site and I was beginning to feel like I was in the wrong hands, they went on and on to explain further when I asked too much questions that a lot of their client had been turned down at the embassy during their interview with mere letter of responsibility . They said only those with visa before enrolling used theirs at POE, they even suggested refunding my money if I wasn't comfy with that . So when I paid the remaining $100 I got the letter and price list and was advised strictly to go with the 2 with other important documents without including the emails. Am glad at last!!!!!
Pl my dear, how much did u have in ur bank statement when u went for ur interview? My medical bill and accommodation for the period of 8wks costs $7260

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2015
MayMaj:

Lol... U funny, try St. Mary's hospital in new Jersey... It's 4k every every inclusive except doctors fee.. Had LOL ystday yet to get all d break down before I post... Not sure if Epidural is part of it Sha but I guess if it's not then it's not more than 500.. Will post price wen am done. Good luck

Hi @maymaj I'm new here but hoping to birth in NJ, I'd appreciate it if you could email me with the NJ hospital list and prices tweetdamie@yahoo.co.uk thanx

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
deeore:
Hey guyz...on a more lighter mode i would like to inform dis awesome forum that i delivered a bouncing baby boy dis afternoon at st marys hospital nj,dr fares took the delivery...mother and baby are doin wonderful..
To God be d glory....

Hello @deeore Big congrats on the birth of your LO, can you please send me the price break down of both hospital and doc fees, and any other fees you made? I intend using the same hospital or a cheaper one if there's any in NJ area. Thanx in advance my email is tweetdamie@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
ozycy:

ETC is cheaper, it's just $270 + $20 shipping fee.
The shipping fee for the passport alone is something else. Some peeps paid more Dan $80 just for shipping alone.
Chai... And it's so convenient u just email ur documents... So no need to go to Usps grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sugarmum: 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
bbaby84:

She's meant to fill name just as it appears on passport. Then there's also a part where it says anyother given names or aliases? She could have put her middle name in there if she wanted.

My question is when you print out the ds160 confirmation page does her middle name appear?

Yea! It did appear. Na wa ooo I don tire
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
firsttymum:
poracourt people come let's do bestie

Hehehehe..... oya secret mode bestie things deactivated, officially announcing our bestieship grin angry grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2015
Have they changed it back to $300. It used to be $1k.

My card declined at Walmart and Sam's Club. Must be something to do with their machine

firsttymum:
Gtb wan disgrace me yday o....
Pos is 300 dols per day.
Fcmb decided not to work.
Stanbic is more than annoying.

Nothing as embarrassing as a declined card. Thank God for alternatives..... Chai

Naija oooooooo to spend our own money na wahala.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kaakaa(f): 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2015
Finally the long wait is over..... currently chilling with my lil 4.4kg princess.... we are both doing great!.... Dr E was awesome.... I give God all the praise for a safe delivery grin

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
nefertitiram:

Nogen na my neighbour sef! Oya! Group hug!

The pounded yam wey Modath sama me this morning eh! I neva recover.

Nogen, I de show ya place next o!

Enjoy dear. We will be expecting you and my cutie.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olagirl(f): 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2015
@missusadey @ibiba please respond to my PM.

Abeg una oo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2015
ozycy:

As this place just dry today, make I ask one kwesion.
Anybody from FGGCOSHA? lipsrsealed

I have friends from there o! Lemme put surname
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2015
KayLayChi:

Really?? Me next set purple house
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by missusadey: 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2015
olagirl:
@missusadey @ibiba please respond to my PM.

Abeg una oo.

Pls send again. Ibiba is currently busy being a m..... lipsrsealed. She would come make the announcement herself. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2015
neks31:

I have friends from there o! Lemme put surname C. Uwechia / C: ozokwere lol
Lol, no idea
Who dey
Are
Guess not
My set
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FinanceFitness: 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2015
The only advantage of the visa over etc is your ability to use the visa for 2yrs or other trips without having to rush to process naija passport.

The visa was really useful for me.

firsttymum:
Chai... And it's so convenient u just email ur documents... So no need to go to Usps grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KayLayChi: 6:38pm On Dec 05, 2015
neks31:

Really?? Me next set purple house

I should know you cos I was in purple house...

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.