Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (851225 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by uptown17: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2015
thanks firsty. bbiz i have Pmed you
\
bbiz:
Hi Nairaland Fam,

I have accommodation along High way 6 and Sugar Land. Its not too far from Oakbend, Methodist and WHMC. I have two rooms vacant and i'm looking for room mates. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 10:42am On Oct 12, 2015
firsttymum:
So when u r coming with more than $10000 and u ain't asked nko? Cc justwise

Everytime I nd my hubby has traveled we've never been asked. We only state it on our landing card.

Is there a special place to declare u r travelling with more than $10k

Yes on d landing card!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yemmyfinest: 11:20am On Oct 12, 2015
Good morning all and a very good morning to the gurus in the house.
I have a question and it goes thus:
Please when is it appropriate to mail the embassy as regards Change of intent?
Is there need to mail them my budget sheet?
I will be due in March, i intent to travel late Dec or early Jan 2016.
Also is this appropriate ady to mail the embassy lagosNIV@state.gov.
Thanks you as i await a reponse.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tvegas(m): 11:46am On Oct 12, 2015
Shuooo, E don enter part 3? People dey born oooo. When is this ministry moving to permanent site?

Have a great week people. grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kelvinosaze1: 11:55am On Oct 12, 2015
nice tip....keep it up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DipoDee: 12:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
justwise:

You declare it with the immigration at the airport though doing that with Nigeria immigration is a different story entirely but when you are randomly searched and the money is discovered the question will be..did you declare it or why did not declare it?

Yes its perfectly possible to go through with such money without anybody bothering you but when they do....

Hello, I need your help.
I went through my mail now just to see a msg from LagosNIV reading that my immigrant Visa is ready for pickup since October 2nd . I plan on going there tomorrow, pls do you know if there's a time limit to Visa pick up? Will I still be able to pick it up tomorrow?
Justwise, sorry I came here to look for you cos the immigrant visa thread was closed due to the absence of a VO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2015
Yes. You will need to get the hospital's bank details and the bill to your Account Officer/branch. These can be scanned but you need to fill the Form A in person ( I mean that it cannot be scanned to the Bank so you or spouse has to be in Nigeria at the time of requesting for the payment.

Please note that with the present shortage of FX, it might take a while to process or your bank may come up with excuses....like 'your condition can be treated in Nigeria'. However, if I were you, I will definitely give it shot.

customised87:

Can one still use this form to pay hospital bills even after PTA has been given?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
@ Firsttymum: Everyone is asked , it is on the landing card, so you are meant to check the box against 'are you carrying more than.....?'
Do note that they will convert every currency you are holding (including Naira) and check if it adds up to more than the limit for declaration.
I noticed an elderly Nigerian man once, he did not declare on his form and was sent to secondary inspection to count his money, as a first- time offender, he was only asked to fill and sign a 'warning form' that he would not do it (not declare excess) again.

@ Justwise

I doff my heart for you, you must be an encyclopedia on many issues, I have seen you moderating several threads which means you read them all. I wish I had your number on speed dial. I hail my brother.
justwise:

You declare it with the immigration at the airport though doing that with Nigeria immigration is a different story entirely but when you are randomly searched and the money is discovered the question will be..did you declare it or why did not declare it?

Yes its perfectly possible to go through with such money without anybody bothering you but when they do....

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Lialian: 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
[quote author=shanaka29 post=38867087
What do you suggest me to say instead ?
Do you think being bold and saying: "because i want dual citizenship for my baby" would be OK or could bring me trouble ? embarassed[/quote]

Hello Shanaka29,

I am also traveling on the visa waiver from uk , I plan to travel in dec. could you please explain what the budget sheet is, did you write it urself or the Dr wrote it for you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
happytbaby:

@ Firsttymum: Everyone is asked , it is on the landing card, so you are meant to check the box against 'are you carrying more than.....?'
Do note that they will convert every currency you are holding (including Naira) and check if it adds up to more than the limit for declaration.
I noticed an elderly Nigerian man once, he did not declare on his form and was sent to secondary inspection to count his money, as a first- time offender, he was only asked to fill and sign a 'warning form' that he would not do it (not declare excess) again.

@ Justwise

I doff my heart for you, you must be an encyclopedia on many issues, I have seen you moderating several threads which means you read them all. I wish I had your number on speed dial. I hail my brother.
Justwise...agree!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
MiddyO:

Thanks dear! Hope you have settled in properly? And I have yam and egg here o!
Haaaaa be serious don't give me hope o....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2015
Happytbaby thanks I actually meant any special place aside in Nigeria aside d landing card.

neks31:

Yes on d landing card!
Neks31 thanks my darling

LadyGuinivere:

U don declare am na.
Ladyguinivere thanks jare...
akelvin:
Firsty;thanks,sent a pm already
uptown17:
thanks firsty. bbiz i have Pmed you
\
You both are welcome

Justwise thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
shanaka29:

What do you suggest me to say instead ?
Do you think being bold and saying: "because i want dual citizenship for my baby" would be OK or could bring me trouble ? embarassed

If that will be your response I would suggest you avoid Houston and Chicago, JFK may be a better route for you. I literally don't know what else to say. I wish you God's grace though and a successful entry.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2015
DipoDee:

Hello, I need your help.
I went through my mail now just to see a msg from LagosNIV reading that my immigrant Visa is ready for pickup since October 2nd . I plan on going there tomorrow, pls do you know if there's a time limit to Visa pick up? Will I still be able to pick it up tomorrow?

I dont think pick up at DHL has any specicif time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dere5: 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2015
yemmyfinest:
Good morning all and a very good morning to the gurus in the house.
I have a question and it goes thus:
Please when is it appropriate to mail the embassy as regards Change of intent?
Is there need to mail them my budget sheet?
I will be due in March, i intent to travel late Dec or early Jan 2016.
Also is this appropriate ady to mail the embassy lagosNIV@state.gov.
Thanks you as i await a reponse.

I dont think there is any fixed rule or time for mailing the embassy on change of intent,since you are travelling in late Dec,you can mail them around the first week of Nov. With regards to the budget sheet,no you dont need to mail it to them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
haba....
see people don port go part 3 oh, and me I still dey part 2
@justwise U no even wait make part 2 reach 400 pages like 1.
Anyways, me sef I don port oo... grin (dancing kiri-kata like saka cheesy)

@bestnews I think u tried to pm me or sumthing.. I cant access it oh.
Just let me knw wat it is u need here and I'll respond.

@nefertiti This guy is not picking his calls oh, is there any other way to reach him..??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 7:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
If I may ask, when did you apply?

DipoDee:

Hello, I need your help.
I went through my mail now just to see a msg from LagosNIV reading that my immigrant Visa is ready for pickup since October 2nd . I plan on going there tomorrow, pls do you know if there's a time limit to Visa pick up? Will I still be able to pick it up tomorrow?.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
DipoDee:

Hello, I need your help.

Why not just go to dhl and see if it's still there? Oct 2nd was just upper weekend

If it's not then it's been sent back to the consulate so u can email them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
Amother4life:

If that will be your response I would suggest you avoid Houston and Chicago, JFK may be a better route for you. I literally don't know what else to say. I wish you God's grace though and a successful entry.

JFK isn't the breeze through everyone think it is o! Read back last few pages of part 2. Someone even got deported from JFK

That said I don't think there is anything wrong in that answer. Despite anything we say; the VO; the Cbp know we are all there for the Pali
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DipoDee: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
favoredgal:

Why not just go to dhl and see if it's still there? Oct 2nd was just upper weekend

I was only asked to submit my Passport and other docs at the DSS collection centre, not to go back there for collection. I went to the embassy after 10 working days to pick up my VISA and was told to send a mail to LagosNIV which I did. They replied on the 29th of Sept that my Visa will be ready for pick up on the 2nd of Oct but no pick-up venue was specified; besides, I just saw the mail today and I plan on going to the embassy tomorrow. I guess I will know my fate tomorrow, thanks.
cc dere5
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
DipoDee:

I was only asked to submit my Passport and other docs at the DSS collection centre, not to go back there for collection. I went to the embassy after 10 working days to pick up my VISA and was told to send a mail to LagosNIV which I did. They replied on the 29th of Sept that my Visa will be ready for pick up on the 2nd of Oct but no pick-up venue was specified; besides, I just saw the mail today and I plan on going to the embassy tomorrow. I guess I will know my fate tomorrow, thanks.
cc dere5

Go to dhl first. They can't give you your passport at the embassy, they won't even let you in most likely

Use these links to track https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-passportretrieve.asp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DipoDee: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
favoredgal:

Go to dhl first. They can't give you your passport at the embassy, they won't even let you in most likely

Hmmmn.They didn't let me in the first time I went truly, just asked me to mail LagosNIV. I will go to DHL, thanks smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2015
DipoDee:

Hmmmn.They didn't let me in the first time I went truly, just asked me to mail LagosNIV. I will go to DHL, thanks smiley

Look up I modified my post and posted some links you can use to track
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DipoDee: 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
favoredgal:

Look up I modified my post and posted some links you can use to track

Checked the first link. I think the second link is not correct, pls check.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ok
ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-passportretrieve.asp

Or type into google us travel docs Nigeria track passport.

But I'm sure it's with dhl

All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DipoDee: 8:48pm On Oct 12, 2015
favoredgal:
Ok ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-passportretrieve.asp
Or type into google us travel docs Nigeria track passport.
But I'm sure it's with dhl
All the best
Done. Can you pls explain what the screenshot means. Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 9:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
@dipodee...

Just go to dhl first and ask them for the passport...
U'll get further instructions from there if its not with them....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by onelove29: 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
Hi guys,

Please any ideas on how much banks charge using atm card for transfers or pos?i learnt some banks charge as high as 240/$. Any ideas please: standard chartered, fcmb, stanbic,diamond,uba or zenith.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2015
DipoDee:

Hello, I need your help.
Justwise, sorry I came here to look for you cos the immigrant visa thread was closed due to the absence of a VO.

You got no problem picking it up tomorrow since there was no time limit given.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
happytbaby:

@ Justwise

I do read many posts, some line by line and some i just rush-through them though in some threads i read 'closely'

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
justwise:

I do read many posts, some line by line and some i just rush-through them though in some threads i read 'closely'

Like this one smiley

Iv been on Nairaland for 10 years. This (travel) is the best moderated section

Welldone

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
favoredgal:

Like this one smiley

Iv been on Nairaland for 10 years. This (travel) is the best moderated forum

Welldone
grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.