Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852240 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2015
jacksparow:

Shey I heard you take the form to US Embassy in Lagos or Abuja and have it notarized? That their laws dont recognise Nigerian lawyers that are notary public. correct me please
I know some passports agency don't take the ones notarized by lawyers. when she gives birth notarize it and send it via Dhl or fedex. That's what I know...

I stand corrected
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
I got an email from stanbic that international daily limit has reduced from $2k to $1k
I didn't even know they had this amazing daily limit...

Mscheew their stupid card refused to work sef
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
olokings:
I'll go thru my mail trash tmro. .cos I just read n deleted it

Maybe you read what was in your mind already. tongue

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
firsttymum:
I got an email from stanbic that international daily limit has reduced from $2k to $1k
I didn't even know they had this amazing daily limit...

Mscheew their stupid card refused to work sef

Got the mail too

What do you mean refused to work though

Been having an amazing time shopping with my Stanbic card o! Only place it's been rejected is Dillard's (online, dunno why) but it was accepted in the Dillard store
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
firsttymum:
I know some passports agency don't take the ones notarized by lawyers. when she gives birth notarize it and send it via Dhl or fedex. That's what I know...

I stand corrected

True, Houston downtown takes from lawyers though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bizzle6: 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2015
[quote author=jacksparow post=41211369]
Thanks for the reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2015
favoredgal:

Got the mail too

What do you mean refused to work though

Been having an amazing time shopping with my Stanbic card o! Only place it's been rejected is Dillard's (online, dunno why) but it was accepted in the Dillard store
it just refused to work... No matter where I used it.... To think I opened the account for my amelica waka
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Well, with the amount of junk mails I gotta sift thru on the go, it's not far fetched. ..hahaha. ...
Coupled with This kontri wahala!
I guess I'd verify again

favoredgal:

Maybe you read what was in your mind already. tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2015
Thanks alot....

olokings:
So I'm feeling gud today. ....
For the newbies who may be too #$$**&¥ to visit part 2...this is it for part 3.....until part 4 kings refer ursevz oooh...

These are some vbac friendly docs around the dallas area.

Dr Charles Griffith
Dr Yolanda
Dr Charles Downey
Dr Cummings
Dt carol Norton

Q-Tips to identify VBAC friendly docs:
1. they have conducted LOTS of successful VBAC with patient testimonies and reviews.
2. their office practice are usually housed in the same building complex / facility as the hospital.. or at most less than 5 minutes walk/drive from the hospital.
3. the hospital is most likely to be highest level NICU facility.
4. VBAC friendly docs is not a matter of certification, its more of a matter of choice that's all..

reminder: research them well and check out all your options ontime because some of them who are true VBAC docs even go the extra mile of insisting on getting copies of your med report on the previous C-Sessions to enable them make a good decision if / not you are a positive VBAC candidate.

if the doc is so quick to tell you YES to VBAC without proper background checks and med history, bekoo just pick race or ready to be knifed...

best bet if you are a VBAC candidate is to google VBAC FRIENDLY DOCTORS around your area and READ their REVIEWS to decipher amongst them who are trully VBAC experienced obgyn.

make sure durring appointment booking that you notify both the obgyn and hospital so they wont toss a policy in your face when its the 11th hour.

NOTE: ENSURE TOP FIVE UR OBGYN full info as to ur previous CS including the circumstances leading to it as some of them even INSISTS on getting a full med ops report for ur previous birthing b4 they take you on

Plus further be informed that most vbac docs wanna start seeing their patients as early / no later than 28 weeks (it is very difficult getting true v vbac docs who takes late patients... I recall driving around dallas for a whole day checking n being rejected registration with over 10 obgyn practices).

My wife eventually used
Obgyn: Charles Downey
Hospital: methodist medical centre Richardson texas.

Again. ...Google them and all other info. ... the likelihood of getting am unscheduled CS during VBAC is very high so be sure to pick a very experienced obgyn affiliated to a capable hospital. .

Gud luck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bizzle6: 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
Ok thanks
favoredgal:

Any lawyer that can notarized without date. Only a Nigerian lawyer will agree to that tho
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:27am On Dec 22, 2015
favoredgal:

True, Houston downtown takes from lawyers though

Chicago takes from Nigerian lawyers too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:29am On Dec 22, 2015
QueenWest:

Thanks favoredgal and bbiz for the response. Will weigh my options.

What shipping company did u eventually settle for
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jenyjay: 6:44am On Dec 22, 2015
Banks stop use of ATM cards abroad
By - December 20, 2015

Deposit Money Banks have commenced a process to stop all customers from using their payment cards, popularly known as Automated Teller Machine cards, for dollar-denominated transactions when they travel abroad with effect from January 1, 2016.

SUNDAY PUNCH’s investigation also revealed the banks would not allow their customers to use naira-denominated ATM cards locally for transactions denominated in forex.

This means bank customers will not be able to use their cards to buy products from foreign e-commerce sites like e-bay and amazon.com in which payments are made in forex.

The development follows the lingering scarcity of foreign exchange, especially the dollar, to settle obligations arising from customers’ use of the ATM cards for forex-denominated transactions.

Already, Standard Chartered Bank has notified its customers that from January 1, 2016, they will not be able to use their naira-denominated ATM cards for transactions that are denominated in foreign currencies, either locally or when they travel abroad.

In a notice to its customers, Standard Chartered said, “This is to notify you that from January 1, 2016, your naira card will no longer be enabled for international use. This is as a result of the limited foreign exchange supply in the financial market.”

Asked how long the suspension of cards from international transactions would be, the spokesperson for Standard Chartered Nigeria, Mrs. Dayo Adurogbo, said, “We cannot give a definite date. It depends on how soon it is available. We will do everything to meet our customers’ demand once it is available.”

Further findings showed that a number of other banks had stopped customers from using their ATM cards abroad but had yet to officially communicate this to them.

Some customers told our correspondent that when they notified their banks of plans to travel and the need to enable their cards work overseas, they were simply informed that the cards could not be enabled for now due to issues relating to forex scarcity.

SUNDAY PUNCH findings showed others banks might issue notices similar to that of Standard Chartered Bank before the end of the year.

“We had some discussions recently and some top bank officials said they would stop customers from using their naira-denominated cards for international transactions due to the serious challenges in getting forex to settle their international partners,” a top bank official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, said on Friday.

The current situation means customers travelling abroad for Christmas and New Year may face severe payment challenges, a situation that may mar their shopping plans.

The fall in prices of crude oil, the main earner of foreign exchange for Nigeria, has made the nation’s forex income to reduce drastically, creating dollar scarcity crisis for the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The CBN has been rationing dollar to banks, importers and other forex users as the nation’s foreign exchange reserves continue to deplete, hitting $29.4bn on December 7, 2015.

The PUNCH had exclusively reported on Thursday that banks had cut the amount that their customers could spend using their debit and credit cards abroad by between 70 and 90 per cent. This took effect during the first week of December for the majority of the banks.

Specifically, banks cut customers’ card spending in foreign currencies from the annual $50,000 allowed by the CBN to between $5,000 and $15,000.

According to findings by our correspondent, Ecobank Nigeria Plc has reduced its limit from $50,000 to $5,000, with a maximum of $500 monthly and $100 daily expenditure.

Skye Bank Plc, in a notice to its customers via email, also slashed its international card spending limit from $50,000 to $12,000 annually, a maximum of $1,000 monthly and $100 daily.

Wema Bank Plc also slashed spending on its payment cards from $50,000 to $10,000 annually, $1,000 monthly and $100 daily.

Although other banks have yet to confirm their new international card spending limits, findings b
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by afrobrown2000: 9:41am On Dec 22, 2015
yea....thanks sure it worked....had an extra 250 mins top up....his will help till my departure..thanks once again[quote author=merrymum post=41165444][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Posh404: 9:58am On Dec 22, 2015
Hello everyone. Please I will like to know how NY POE is for people going for delivery. Kindly share your experience pls.
Came in through NY yesterday and they were all friendly at the POE ....nothing was asked, the man kept joking with my 20month old son. Even agriculture didn't seize anything as they barely checked sef
I just pray it should be like this when going back for delivery...so simple. Tempted to go in through NY for my missionary journey o.....
Compliment of the season to you all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by donugapi(m): 10:10am On Dec 22, 2015
Posh404:
Hello everyone. Please I will like to know how NY POE is for people going for delivery. Kindly share your experience pls.
Came in through NY yesterday and they were all friendly at the POE ....nothing was asked, the man kept joking with my 20month old son. Even agriculture didn't seize anything as they barely checked sef
I just pray it should be like this when going back for delivery...so simple. Tempted to go in through NY for my missionary journey o......

My wife went a few weeks ago and it was very smooth.. Didn't spend 2 minutes with them..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 10:18am On Dec 22, 2015
Hello house.. Pls those that booked wheel chair service pls how did u do it??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mulberry: 10:42am On Dec 22, 2015
Because of d testimonies I ve read so far, I would like to advice mums to be applying for visa. U can be pregnant and apply for visa for vacation, it is not a crime and it is allowed. When I went for my visa interview, I was pregnant but it wasn't obvious I actually did want to birth in the us but didn't have d funds during visa application so I knew I cannot say I'm going to birth when I cannot prove I can fund d bill. A lot of family and friends who had gone before me to give birth advised me to conceal my pregnancy since I wasn't showing, I didn't argue with them but agreed with hubby DAT if we were asked we will say the truth. During the interview, I was asked if I was pregnant and if I would like to seek medical attention and I was honest with the vo. I told him I was pregnant but not decided yet if I will give birth there. And he went ahead to say if I decided to give birth I should ensure I pay my bills. And these information I'm sure was part of my interview transcript. When I now had enough monies in my account and was sending the change of intent letter, I even referred to our interview conversation, telling them I ve no decided to give birth there since I can now afford to do so. Poe was just a breeze when d CBP requested for proof DAT d vo was aware of my intentions as i printed my mail as part of my poe doc. There was no secondary inspection. My point is u don't ve to lie to get what u want. Even though we didn't even have up to 400k in both accounts we presented for d interview. So please mom n dads to be just be smart about how to package it situation and with God on it side u will succeed. Sorry for d longest post I've ever had d courage to post. grin

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 11:00am On Dec 22, 2015
what airline are you flying? Usually you add it onto your booking under "special requests" you can do this by yourself online or at the check in counter.
neks31:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 11:07am On Dec 22, 2015
neks31:
While checking in at the counter
or online
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 11:09am On Dec 22, 2015
Posh404:
I just pray it should be like this when going back for delivery...so simple. Tempted to go in through NY for my missionary journey o.....

I feel you jare... I was in JFK last year as a 1st timer in the US travelled alone. it was such a breeze I was like ogwucha?! (Is that all? ) grin grin abi e still remain cheesy no secondary inspection even though I declared food, spices etc. At times stories we hear can give unnecessary BP. But then I heard JFK is so because of the traffic it's a very busy airport. Newyork is a business hub, tourist center, really multicultural. Heard DFW dallas is even better. Enjoy your vacation.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by wayinoma: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am a silent reader. And I have gained a lot from this thread however I need email address and phone number I can use to book appointment with Dr fagbohun. Kindly pardon my ignorance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
vcole:
what airline are you flying? Usually you add it onto your booking under "special requests" you can do this by yourself online or at the check in counter.

Ok will do that and hope it won't affect me at POE and delay me ?? Tnx for answering .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
ozycy:

While checking in at the counter
or online

Ok Ozycy chaii hope it won't delay me cos I have a connecting flight immediately cos any delay no go good for my preg self
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 12:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
jenyjay:
Banks stop use of ATM cards abroad
By - December 20, 2015

Deposit Money Banks have commenced a process to stop all customers from using their payment cards, popularly known as Automated Teller Machine cards, for dollar-denominated transactions when they travel abroad with effect from January 1, 2016.

SUNDAY PUNCH’s investigation also revealed the banks would not allow their customers to use naira-denominated ATM cards locally for transactions denominated in forex.

This means bank customers will not be able to use their cards to buy products from foreign e-commerce sites like e-bay and amazon.com in which payments are made in forex.

The development follows the lingering scarcity of foreign exchange, especially the dollar, to settle obligations arising from customers’ use of the ATM cards for forex-denominated transactions.

Already, Standard Chartered Bank has notified its customers that from January 1, 2016, they will not be able to use their naira-denominated ATM cards for transactions that are denominated in foreign currencies, either locally or when they travel abroad.

In a notice to its customers, Standard Chartered said, “This is to notify you that from January 1, 2016, your naira card will no longer be enabled for international use. This is as a result of the limited foreign exchange supply in the financial market.”

Asked how long the suspension of cards from international transactions would be, the spokesperson for Standard Chartered Nigeria, Mrs. Dayo Adurogbo, said, “We cannot give a definite date. It depends on how soon it is available. We will do everything to meet our customers’ demand once it is available.”

Further findings showed that a number of other banks had stopped customers from using their ATM cards abroad but had yet to officially communicate this to them.

Some customers told our correspondent that when they notified their banks of plans to travel and the need to enable their cards work overseas, they were simply informed that the cards could not be enabled for now due to issues relating to forex scarcity.

SUNDAY PUNCH findings showed others banks might issue notices similar to that of Standard Chartered Bank before the end of the year.

“We had some discussions recently and some top bank officials said they would stop customers from using their naira-denominated cards for international transactions due to the serious challenges in getting forex to settle their international partners,” a top bank official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, said on Friday.

The current situation means customers travelling abroad for Christmas and New Year may face severe payment challenges, a situation that may mar their shopping plans.

The fall in prices of crude oil, the main earner of foreign exchange for Nigeria, has made the nation’s forex income to reduce drastically, creating dollar scarcity crisis for the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The CBN has been rationing dollar to banks, importers and other forex users as the nation’s foreign exchange reserves continue to deplete, hitting $29.4bn on December 7, 2015.

The PUNCH had exclusively reported on Thursday that banks had cut the amount that their customers could spend using their debit and credit cards abroad by between 70 and 90 per cent. This took effect during the first week of December for the majority of the banks.

Specifically, banks cut customers’ card spending in foreign currencies from the annual $50,000 allowed by the CBN to between $5,000 and $15,000.

According to findings by our correspondent, Ecobank Nigeria Plc has reduced its limit from $50,000 to $5,000, with a maximum of $500 monthly and $100 daily expenditure.

Skye Bank Plc, in a notice to its customers via email, also slashed its international card spending limit from $50,000 to $12,000 annually, a maximum of $1,000 monthly and $100 daily.

Wema Bank Plc also slashed spending on its payment cards from $50,000 to $10,000 annually, $1,000 monthly and $100 daily.

Although other banks have yet to confirm their new international card spending limits, findings b

Madam, did you actually type all these abi na copy and paste? cause i have seen the link here posted by a few people. Thank anyways.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacksparow(m): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
@Firsttymum....Soon, we should add frequent flyer miles to this discussion o....You will be surprised that 40% of people here might not know the use and it gets wasted. (Afrobrown) for instance flew BA and has a twins and he wont need it for 3 years and it expires after a year. What do you think? abi make i leave the issue alone?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
neks31:

Ok Ozycy chaii hope it won't delay me cos I have a connecting flight immediately cos any delay no go good for my preg self

Most times, using the wheel chair makes your movement easier and faster. Cos while others are trying to locate their gate and walk there, you are being driven/wheeled there directly and given priority treatment most of the time.

You don't lose anything by booking it. However, if you get to the POE and there isn't much queue or stress, you can decide not to use it.

Safe trip.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mee1984: 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hi guys I arrived dubai on a connection to Chicago it seems you can't withdraw but you can make payments via POS. So I have to wait till I get to the USA to see.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Able15: 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
To God be the glory. Had my little princess at st Francis hospital LA by Dr Mbagwu Few days ago. All went as planned, no complications, mother and child doing great.favor all the way. My birth experience was just like a Hebrew woman! Indeed I saw the lord's goodness and mercies. What more can I ask for..... Wish all preggie moms a peaceful delivery. Happy holidays everyone!

27 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
Congrats able15. God bless your newest addition
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cutelass: 2:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
Able15:
To God be the glory. Had my little princess at st Francis hospital LA by Dr Mbagwu Few days ago. All went as planned, no complications, mother and child doing great.favor all the way. My birth experience was just like a Hebrew woman! Indeed I saw the lord's goodness and mercies. What more can I ask for..... Wish all preggie moms a peaceful delivery. Happy holidays everyone!

Congratulations Able15. Our God is great!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Phema Tnx!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.