Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (854543 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
ayanuke:

grin how is #Firstpresident# doing?
kikikikikikikikiki very fine thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Shay u realise that the pattern is usually
1.Ignore question
2. Poster spams thread.
3. Suggestion to read
4. Poster gives flimsy annoying reason why she can't search.
5. People vex and give ascerbic comments to push the poster to read.
So we should ignore the spamming? Ok.how will that finally assist the poster?
#justsaying

Sis I agree with the pattern however someone usually comes along and helps.
Can I ask how being sarcastic or rude helps or assists the poster?
What usually happens is they just come back and attack the people who were rude thereby making the pages longer and derailing the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
@FTM na only you all you all this one do? Ha! God pass satan o!
I thank God with u biko

Na only me o.... God pass satan Abeg...
I give God the glory o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
bbaby84:

What usually happenea is they just come back and attack the people who were rude thereby making the pages longer and derailing the thread.
Yesterday I tried to Intentionally ignore.... But mehn some people sef....

This is a forum filled with every type of hormone
D same way people won't stop asking same kweshun, it's d same way people won't ignore.

It's just d way it is.

Oh yes somethings are just entertaining grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
bbaby84:

What usually happenea is they just come back and attack the people who were rude thereby making the pages longer and derailing the thread.
It will cause a rumbling and vexing of the spirit and challenge a hitherto lazy person to do for herself what she can do by herself cheesy
I speak for myself sha when I say the comments are ascerbic.I state exactly what I mean. If the tone is terse , its meant to ginger the person. Is that rude?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
I wanna ask something.

After you've bought diapers for ur baby...

And then people come and visit u and bring diaper.. Or clothes

It's not as if one isn't grateful... But there are some clothes u wldnt wanna wear ur child. And there are some diapers u wldnt wanna use on ur child. Even the ones we bought in d US, there are some US brands u wldnt wanna use still.

My mum thinks it's bad to give what was given to u out. Left for me I wanna carry all of them to an orphanage or something.... D diaper is just piling up.

Is anyone in my situation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
firsttymum:
I wanna ask something.

It's not as if one isn't grateful... But there are some clothes u wldnt wanna wear ur child. And there are some diapers u wldnt wanna use on ur child. Even the ones we bought in d US, there are some US brands u wldnt wanna use still.

My mum thinks it's bad to give what was given to u out. Left for me I wanna carry all of them to an orphanage or something.... D diaper is just piling up.

Whoeve u give it to will benefit immensely and be glad. I totally get u. There are some clothes that. U just wouldn't want your kids to be seen in (hope I'm not sounding too Bourgeois) as a matter of personal taste.
IMO its better to give it out than Allow it to waste abeg

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
vikto1:
@ozycy
Thank you for swift response
Since she v had her baby, feel free to input every date.
You still have to book appointment with the US notary public. You can as well choose the same date ur interview is scheduled for if it's available. If you get your visa and will be traveling soon, there may not be any need for the form, unless you want her to get every doc ready before you arrive.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ayanuke: 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
firsttymum:
I wanna ask something.

Orphanage is okay, mine said the same tongue grin, I gave them out to the orphanage too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
Firsttymum, give to to the motherless babies home. You mustn't use all. You go receive your blessings grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nneka3000: 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=twingirls post=41814060]I had a still birth on 7th Jan. Its such a very sad experiece.

I pray that the Holy Spirit will grant you grace and speedy recovery. He has been my help. I had five mcs and he has given me strength to go on . So grateful for life.

God will restore and give you double. Hugs dear

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
Ft mum no hormones .
I'm actually having a rethink of moving to soulCe to go n meet hostile people biko, d lady is so nice like yesterday she brought her kids to meet with my daughter n she cried for 30mins when d kids left . I've actually paid n not there yet but d thought of meeting HOSTILE pregnancy women is actually making me just want to perch here for a Lil longer. Let's be a Lil Kinder u never know how it is going for d next person that is my plea. Happy Sunday
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shelly23: 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
Just wait and see, ppl will still come and tell you they've read the FAQs and then ask the same questions!
I'm all for ignoring such questions but sometimes, ppl act entitled on this site when they start spamming and gettiNg upset over some of the replies they get.
Just treat nairaland like google and make use of the search button.

bbaby84:

Fantastic suggestion. I also suggest that people should ignore instead of being rude or taking the Mick at someone else's expense.
I have to agree that the questions come a tad annoying especially when theystart off by saying they've read the whole thread from part 1-3 and didn't find an info that has been flogged over and over again.
@neks31 you make sense.

Let's be a little kinder (ignoring an annoying post is kindness in my book as opposed to being sarcastic)

New members please try and make use of the search button and try and read up as much as possible it's worth it.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
firsttymum:
I wanna ask something.

My dear re gift sharply! Follow ur spirit. There are some gifts I got here in twos, or some I just don't like. I have plans to distribute them. I think it's wasteful to keep what you won't use!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vikto1: 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
@ozycy @LadyGuinivere

Kindly assist with url to make the booking

Also is dr other means to sign this form aside embassy

ozycy:

Since she v had her baby, feel free to input every date.
You still have to book appointment with the US notary public. You can as well choose the same date ur interview is scheduled for if it's available. If you get your visa and will be traveling soon, there may not be any need for the form, unless you want her to get every doc ready before you arrive.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
@Olokings
Thanks for the info. I got my son's visa some days ago. We are ready for Naija! smiley She is really nice and efficient. God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jacklenst: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
Happy sunday! Friends.
Pls i want to make an enquiry........
To those who had used KLM or Air France; how is the connection like?
Will a first time get lost in the terminal?
If you are using wheel chair, will the air line help you to the next connecting flight?
Will you be passing through the country's immigration before the next boarding?
How about the luggage transfer?
Thanks for making time to answer the following questions.
God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bmanbaba: 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
Good day all.

Wiffy will be travelling dis month. Pls I will like make an equity abt baby's travelling document so as to be prepared and also to make a decision on time as regards it. Apart from the blue kpali the baby will get. One needs a Nigerian pp or visa or ETC to bring the child back home. For Nigeria pp, I guess I understand and think thats the best if one can get it. I read abt pple getting Nigeria visa to bring the baby home, does that mean one must take the baby back to US before the end of 6moneths or is the 6 months maximum stay rule not application to Americans in Nigeria. Thinking can one just do the ETC and come get Nigerian passport at home?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
jacklenst:
Happy sunday! Friends.
If you are using wheel chair, will the air line help you to the next connecting flight?
God bless.
I have used klm and I absolutely love them.
U stop over at Amsterday which is a generally large airport.
Everyborry , even 2nd and 3rd times will get lost if they don't read the signs. Just look at the big screens for your flight time, departure and gate. And then follow the signs to your gate. U Listen well cos sometimes they announce the change of the gates. You can use the machines to check in/change your seat selection
While boarding u pass thrform of security but I believe its not a preclearance.
Someborry can answer about wheel chair. I don't know about that one but I'm guessing yes cos iv seen them ferrying old people in those tiny cars.
They transfer your luggage to the next flight. After you check in in Lagos the next time u see your luggage is at poe

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by aye88: 4:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
firsttymum:
I wanna ask something.

Lol, I've been in ur shoes. I gave most of them out. And this were even cloths given to us in the US ooo. My sister in law went to load some chinco cloths from ROSS. Infact when I wore one for my baby one day, hubby looked at itandsaid " who gave her this cloth? I said " your sister". I gave some out and wore some for heron those days when it's just. Me and her at home. Trust me ds cloths can also serve their own purpose. And because it's new, it looks good on the first day it's worn.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by oyibo4real: 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
I've been trying to meet up 4 over 3weeks nw, n I thank God I'm finally here! Wow! It's nt been easy. A HAPPY N PROSPEROUS 2016 to everyone, this year shall favour us all beyond our imaginations in JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN!!! 4 all d successful Visa n POEs, n To all d latest mamas n papas in d house; congratulations! To our new born LOs, u all are already a blessing 2 ur family(ies), our NL family, our country n d world at large, n shall remain so 4eva in JESUS NAME, AMEN!!!.

@Twingirls, to say I was teary while reading ur post is an understatement, all I've got to tell u is 'nke iji ka' ( the one u have is greater). I specially thank God 4 ur own life, cos nobody knows if it wud have been worse than it is already. Let me jst summarise my testimony, my 1st preggy was twins n I lost dem at 28weeks, twas so painful, felt as if I'll neva get over it. It took abt 8 months b4 i took in again ( d wait wasnt easy considering wat happened). I had my baby but struggled 4 my own life ds time,(post partum hemorrhage) even to d point of wishing dat d baby cud hv died n spare my life,( I was later told by my mother n some nurses that I was lifeless 4 over 30mins). Today I already have 2 children n still counting. Don't worry, God who knows the BEST 4 u, will give u d BEST at HIS own time again. It's well.

@Firsttymum u see wella, I've Bn reading d thread like sey 2morow no dey. How's ur LO? My kisses 2 him.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
jacklenst:
Happy sunday! Friends.
God bless.
For KLM, the airport in Amsterdam is very big. Once you get out of your arrival gate, you will see a board directly in front of you or not too far. Depending on what time you arrive and when your next flight is, the gates for your next flight may not be up yet. Even if the gates are up already please check from time to time as it may change. Gates are far from each other so try to get to your gate in time. So summary for Amsterdam, follow the signs and you will be fine.
For Paris, I found it confusing, their gates don't even seem like they are in the same airport and the signs are kind of poor, please sort your gates out early, cos the gates are even farther than Amsterdam. Asin you need to take some form of tube/bus.
About lauggage transfer, as long as you bought one ticket and you didn't divide the trip yourself then you will get your bag at your very first point of entry in the US.
About wheelchair, I have never travelled as a preggers but in Amsterdam they have those mini cars that drive around the airport. I dunno how you book them but I see preggers and old people in those mini cars sha. Just ask the hostess at the door of the plane, the ones that say "bye-bye" when you are getting off the plane. I think they can help.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
aye88:

Lol, I've been in ur shoes. I gave most of them out. And this were even cloths given to us in the US ooo. My sister in law went to load some chinco cloths from ROSS. Infact when I wore one for my baby one day, hubby looked at itandsaid " who gave her this cloth? I said " your sister". I gave some out and wore some for heron those days when it's just. Me and her at home. Trust me ds cloths can also serve their own purpose. And because it's new, it looks good on the first day it's worn.
Lmao at "Chinco clothes". Hope the baby didn't itch lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
shelly23:
Just wait and see, ppl will still come and tell you they've read the FAQs and then ask the same questions!
I'm all for ignoring such questions but sometimes, ppl act entitled on this site when they start spamming and gettiNg upset over some of the replies they get.
Just treat nairaland like google and make use of the search button.

Happy Sunday mama!

Even searching on google will bring you to what you r searching for on NL. I just taya

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:53pm On Jan 10, 2016
@kemo lolz at the ones that tell you 'bye bye'!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 6:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
@kemo lolz at the ones that tell you 'bye bye'!
Lol I no know as I go describe them na lol lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dyout: 6:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
Shelly23 thank u very much.

i have been on ur page for somedays now, trying to get details of processing naija visa. Anyway, i felt they might delay my order, i had to use Tanko. Becos i have limited time left.

shelly23:
Just seeing this. Your best bet is to pay with money order cos the card thing is loooong (you Have to register the card with them by submitting all sorts).
When you get to the payment section, select money order and you'll see more options.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
There are a lot families and babies who would benefit from that gesture but aside that, it's not everyday baff up for your baby, I presume sometimes you'll want to tone down on the baffs; these type of clothes come in handy.

firsttymum:
I wanna ask something.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shabbey09: 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hello house, I have my interview this week and I'm going for visa with my two kids. Do I need letter of consent from their father, despite the fact that we're using his statement of account?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 6:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
Doesn't hurt to have it. But if I may ask, why is daddy not accompanying you guys?

shabbey09:
Hello house, I have my interview this week and I'm going for visa with my two kids. Do I need letter of consent from their father, despite the fact that we're using his statement of account?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shabbey09: 6:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
LI:
Doesn't hurt to have it. But if I may ask, why is daddy not accompanying you guys?

He already has a valid US visa
Thanks LI

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.