Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (854689 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by msfavor: 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
Goldribbonz:
Pls help o, Can sm1 suggest how I can easily get a doctor's correspondence for interview purpose. Have been on it for a week now but it's not bin easy, after all d Int'l call, they all gv diff excuses. Kindly explain how you all went about it, this is seriously stalling me

call and ask for an email address you can forward your questions to. If they ask for yours instead insist on collecting theirs also. All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Goldribbonz: 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
Thanks Bigfide and Ifyalways for ur reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ennyo: 1:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello everyone,

Is it possible to send Western union/money gram to yourself before you travel( I mean get someone to send it to you as a sender and then I will be the receiver, so upon arrival in the US, you will go and receive it from any outlet of your choice.

Please who has done this before..help a sister!!!! waiting on your responses...

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Joleenluv: 1:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
On top PTA matter, once upon a time. We pray to get back to our glory days.

Congrats to all the new parents, mums especially. God's grace will be sufficient for us all. trying hard to exit from silent readers association o.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by damidamsel: 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Its fascinating that Egytians read Nigerian threads. Kudos to us exporting wisdom since 1960 cheesy
Congrats on your pregnancy. If you have followed the thred, you would know its a constant that users/posters/applicants are advised to be 100 percent honest during applications to avoid issues. As it is, you misrespresented. U lied knowingly to a direct question. 14 weeks is above the ist trimester.
Sadly any advice I give u will be in futherance of a lie but I can point out the flaws in both sitatuations u mentioned.
If you send a letter of your intent, how do u get off from the fact that u said you were not pregnant?
If you get to POE and the cbp officer looks at your transcript and does the calculation, what do u say?
See the position you are in now? All the same I hope u come up with a solution. Good luck

@LadyG.....i'm a constant reader, 'once-in-a-blue-moon-poster'....i must say i always love the composure, maturity and sensitivity in your comments. Love your response above...quite diplomatic if i must say but simply the truth. You never know... (if you get my drift). Just d exact answer i would given. Kudos wink

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere how far with the PTA hustle, any luck yet?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
Chairmans and chairwomens. Ndi nwem na ndi m nwe. Good people. Great Nation. I throway salud o!
I dobale to the whole house for the prayers and good works.The prayers worked today. The people that unilaterally reached out to me and to those that lent a helping hand when I reached out. Una 7 much abi 7up!
It feels good to know I have people that will take bullets for me cheesy
So I went to Unity Ademola Adetokunbo. The CMO abi what what there is totally professional. No skoin skoin in his head at all. He started processing the stuff immedately.
But my people say that you do not stand at a spot to watch the masquerade. Na e me and my friend jejely go Stanbic. They asked us to sit. Does a man sit when his house is on fire? Mba nu. Na so the standing attract one fine black lady o. She asked if somebody had attended to us and we told her in a gentle voice that our travell date was today and we needed bdc and had prebooked .She took our details and gave to the Manager (God bless his father for not using protection grin) Next thing my friend received a call to come and collect. We filled the forms and ran to fund the account. Meanwhile in all this waka, our bags and baggages de follow us round VI.
So we were debited at 210.1 and we will start heading to the airport soon.
Woow! Stories that touch!

40 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by queergirl(f): 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
veejohnson:

Hello, may mum here. But am not leavng march, since with El Paso I can leave at 35 weeks am leaving April 20. Am going to be by myself as well and I know d feeling. God is our strength!

Am a may mum too and I will like to go to El paso in April. Going by myself too.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by queergirl(f): 2:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
[quote author=HD16 post=41962290]

Awww! I'm a Lagos based Elpaso bound May 2016 mama leaving March ending though.[/quote

I'm a may mum too. Leaving in march...heading to elpaso.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Chairmans and chairwomens. Ndi nwem na ndi m nwe. Good people. Great Nation. I throway salud o!
I dobale to the whole house for the prayers and good works.The prayers worked today. The people that unilaterally reached out to me and to those that lent a helping hand when I reached out. Una 7 much abi 7up!
So I went to Unity Ademola Adetokunbo. The CMO abi what what there is totally professional. No skoin skoin in his head at all. He started processing the stuff immedately.
But my people say that you do not stand at a spot to watch the masquerade. Na e me and my friend jejely go Stanbic. They asked us to sit. Does a man sit when his house is on fire? Mba nu. Na so the standing attract one fine black lady o. She asked if somebody had attended to us and we told her in a gentle voice that our travell date was today and we needed bdc and had prebooked .She took our details and gave to the Manager (God bless his father for not using protection grin) Next thing my friend received a call to come and collect. We filled the forms and ran to fund the account. Meanwhile in all this waka, our bags and baggages de follow us round VI.

Congrats was looking out for you I guess I saw two ladies work into the bank guess it was u funny though I went today and stood till the manager asked me what the problem was and that they have been seeing me around lol madam fly's Saturday was asked to come friday
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Vlesparza: 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
ifyalways:

Hmmn. Unless you have a hell lot of patience and time, I'd advise you just pay $250 to El paso folks. I tried to get this doctors letters for my girl and for almost 1 month, twas pure waste of time. The only hospital that was keen on helping was one Leticia from Houston methodist(Medical Center) and I've already foollishly told her I specifically wanted to go to Methodist Sugarland to Dr Fagborun so when Dr Ff didnt come through, I was too embarrassed to go back to her.

Keeping fingers crossed and hoping my girl gets this visa.

It came up on an earlier post with an interview that El Paso (www.doctoresparati.com) is sending the letter as they are requesting at the Embassy. Please take the time to read this forum so others do not have to do your work and information is not repeated for those who do read.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
Enizo:

Congrats was looking out for you I guess I saw two ladies work into the bank guess it was u funny though I went today and stood till the manager asked me what the problem was and that they have been seeing me around lol madam fly's Saturday was asked to come friday
Na u be the tall guy when wear blue tshirt abi na u be the man when them ask to go collect madam marriage certificate? If na u, then u be dude o! cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
damidamsel:

@LadyG.....i'm a constant reader, 'once-in-a-blue-moon-poster'....i must say i always love the composure, maturity and sensitivity in your comments. Love your response above...quite diplomatic if i must say but simply the truth. You never know... (if you get my drift). Just d exact answer i would given. Kudos wink
Thank u thank u! Na on the job training teash me diplomacy cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Lady G, I'm happy for you. #Godwin safe travels

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hey. biko, i have msgd you oh as regards this. thanks in anticipation.
chicagobound:

To accommodation, please shine your eyes well especially for the seemingly not-so-expensive accommodation that eventually allows you spend more on transportation.....I stayed at a shared apartment with my bathroom n toilet, only shared kitchen and living room, the distance to the clinic was 28-32 mins depending on traffic(in houston, that was far!) I ended up spending the savings I got on accommodation on transportation and even more!

Please take accommodation really close to the clinic like about 10-15mins. I met and kept contacts of some wonderful mothers turned sisters at the clinic who stayed in places like 10-15mins, and really made sense with pickup services(if required)

I don't know if it's fine to put up contacts here, before Justwise raptures my post.

Makes plenty sense, got to know about an accommodation that cost same amount as where I stayed but had so much more attached to the room, free Baby bassinet and carseat, free calls to all US numbers, free pick up and drop-off to clinic up to postnatal, close to my clinic. Everything beautiful, only thing was that she didn't know about NL and all the ladies that use her concierge didn't know too. I already told her about our dear forum and she'll do her advert here so pple can get her contact.
I literally cried when I saw her place when I was almost coming back home. Mtchewwwwww.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by wolefola: 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
@onlineise,with your story I guessed ur was lady in front of us on Saturday cos I also took my first son for the interview. I was surprised when she was denied the visa cos she was so calm and cordinated.I got scared too cos the man was not ssmiling but the answer he gave to ur wife about the visa dat will soon expire was affirmative. I think you can give it shot and I thank God my son was issued visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
have a safe pta-fied trip oh! the struggle was indeed real!
LadyGuinivere:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ennyo:
Hello everyone,

Is it possible to send Western union/money gram to yourself before you travel( I mean get someone to send it to you as a sender and then I will be the receiver, so upon arrival in the US, you will go and receive it from any outlet of your choice.

Very possible and good idea!!!

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
LadyG u r a clown TBH!! Tnx God for u Nne n have a safe flight!!! Meanwhile my sissy was denied o n she never come out of d shock..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ennyo it is very possible to do that but I hope u have ur visa already to avoid stories that touch d heart o.. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
vcole:
have a safe pta-fied trip oh! the struggle was indeed real!
Azzin!
All these bankers hoarding dollars ehhhh ! One day!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by flgd: 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello,

Please for those who have renewed via drop box did you write of using the last visa for birth purpose or one should keep silent on that?

Do advice.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ah..thank God oh... so happy for you. have a good trip

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
flgd:
Hello,

Please for those who have renewed via drop box did you write of using the last visa for birth purpose or one should keep silent on that?

Do advice.

Thanks

No space

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Azzin!
All these bankers hoarding dollars ehhhh ! One day!

Nor be dem fault, na crude price & CBN fault... they are on ego trip!! See begging!

Safe trip....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Egonne1(f): 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hi dear, yea its possible.
You can put your name as receiver while someone else sends to you. U pick up on arrival :-
Ennyo:
Hello everyone,

Is it possible to send Western union/money gram to yourself before you travel( I mean get someone to send it to you as a sender and then I will be the receiver, so upon arrival in the US, you will go and receive it from ny outlet of your choice.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Busyonkwe: 6:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello expecting mothers and fathers, if you live in Abuja or its environs and still looking for PTA, you can try Jaiz Bank H/O near Edo House but you need to have an account with them. New accounts are accepted for the purpose of buying PTA. They sold today. Good luck to everyone still searching for PTA. Hope this info helps

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by queergirl(f): 7:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
queergirl:

Am a may mum too and I will like to go to El paso in April. Going by myself too.

Pls what's the name of the hospital in El paso?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
Busyonkwe:
Hello expecting mothers and fathers, if you live in Abuja or its environs and still looking for PTA, you can try Jaiz Bank H/O near Edo House but you need to have an account with them. New accounts are accepted for the purpose of buying PTA. They sold today. Good luck to everyone still searching for PTA. Hope this info helps

Jaiz go get customer ehn, dem go run comot for Abuja!! cheesy grin

Heard their card rates very good.

Thanks for the heads up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by queergirl(f): 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
Pls what's the name of the hospital?
queergirl:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Onlineise(m): 8:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
wolefola:
@onlineise,with your story I guessed ur was lady in front of us on Saturday cos I also took my first son for the interview. I was surprised when she was denied the visa cos she was so calm and cordinated.I got scared too cos the man was not ssmiling but the answer he gave to ur wife about the visa dat will soon expire was affirmative. I think you can give it shot and I thank God my son was issued visa.

Did you wear purple "boubou" and are you "yellow"? grin grin grin.....DW says hi and congrats to your son.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
Abefeokin:

Wot are u doing here?

This is unacceptable, nairaland is for everybody Nigerian or not.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.