Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,498 members, 7,861,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:08 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (861471 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 9:04am On Feb 28, 2016
When was the last tym I told u I heart u silly? Well...here is another: I DIG THE WAY U REASON AND DISH DEM MESSAGES! God bless u!!

LadyGuinivere:
Is please I'm using to beg. The standard of transcripts now ehh.its ok to code place of work but coding salary naaa...
How will future readers have enough details to self evaluate? All this Bleep or bla bla bla if na so them post in part 1 we no go de here today.
Peace!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:08am On Feb 28, 2016
ifyalways:

It might be better and realistic for you to start shopping for another doctor or hospital or pay him the $300.

Honestly you said my mind.. and if you use him you may re-negotiate whereby you take away the $300 already paid from his services. The $300 is more like a commitment fee.
I wouldn't want to refer anyone I don't know, you might just use the referral to get visa then port. What happens to my credibility?(This is a hypothesis, I've never used Dr F)
Like @ifyalways said start looking for another doc if you don't want to pay the 300 bucks.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iwanawana: 9:47am On Feb 28, 2016
Apple19:
Good day mamas. Pls for mamas using Huggies DIAPERS (Bought from US) What is the difference between Little swadlers, Little Movers, Snug and Dry ...e.t.c. Also, there's one called Ultra, and the Other just Huggies....pls I dont just get it. need to buy but am so confused.

Snug and Dry is usually my all time favourite. That's what I used for my twins and still using till date. Have no complain so far.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:51am On Feb 28, 2016
U can do dat @ d airport during check in..

evemama:
Thank God for safe journey and stressless POE, God will perfect all he has started.

Pls where do u book for the wheelchair? Am also doing Lufthansa/United thru Frankfurt. Got d ticket at United office Ikeja.

quote author=Mamatukwas post=43280168]Hallo People! Reporting live from Maryland smiley

Journey was quite smooth.... Was able to get only 4K PTA from standard chartered (mums application was not successful) so we are working on using form A to pay hospital bills. Please people that have done this should confirm if someone I.e my husband can process this on my behalf??

Anyhoo... I travelled with Lufthansa/united to Washington Dulles. The Lufthansa leg was esp nice. Fit to fly was asked for at NAA but customs and every1 else was nice. Booked for a wheelchair for my mum and I @ Frankfurt (this was an absolute life saver) As people have said here in the past, the distance btw departure and our gate is quite far oh shocked Do yourself a favor and make sure you book for wheelchair services if you are transiting tru Frankfurt.

The United leg was ok but the plane was old and somehow jor sad.... Even infant seat belt they did not have lipsrsealed My only consolation is the 23kg boxes il have with my infants on the way back.... They better not fall my hand oh!

POE was a breeze... The CBP:Hello. Passports please. What are you here for?
Me: Hello. I'm here for medical purposes. I'm having a baby.
CBP: I'm sure you know what next I'm going to ask you
Me: Smiles and say I can guess but I'm not sure
CBP: you were here in 2014 to have this baby (points at my son), how did you pay?
Me: With cash and cards.
CBP: Do you have receipts to prove this?
Me: yes and bring out my receipts
CBP: starts smiling and says I love this. Did you take any assistance of any kind?
Me: No.
CBP: Just so you know it's not illegal to have your baby in the US, what's illegal is not paying coz then tax payers like me have to bear the bill. Do you know the procedure if you have a complication and have to extend your stay?
Me: No ( I no wan expose us for here grin)
CBP: it's very easy, even google can explain it. What do you do?
Me: blah blah blah
CBP: I can tell you have a good job, you are very well spoken. (for my mind I'm like you never jam naija folks then)
CBP: For the next few years, please always travel with your receipts so we can make a determination here and not have to send you to sec inspection where they might waste up to an hour of your time. Do you have food?
Me: yes but not the type listed on the form.
CBP: ok put your fingers.... Have a nice day ( I travelled with my mom and toddler)

We were almost home free in less than 10 mins until the devil wanted to try himself in the form of one cute dog that just came and pounced on our carry on luggage. Dats how they flagged us and sent us for agric inspection... Fortunately for us when they started interrogating us on what we had in the bags we remembered that we had apples and that apparently was what triggered the dog. They trashed the apples, asked us if we have yams? No. Cocoyams shocked? No. Fish? Yes but it's dried. (all this while they were scanning our bags) so my mama no gree lie cheesy

That's how they cleared us and said have a nice day too without searching our bags. Whew! Can't tell y'all how much I prayed to not go to sec inspection and to not have our bags searched coz we carried all sorts.... Palmoil, spices, dried vegetables, even ogili/dadawa lipsrsealed Godwin oh!!

All in all i bless God. Now chilling and waiting to see the doc next week. Washington Dulles POE is bae in my opinion.

@Dtone and Babymandy I've sent you guys PM's. Respond Biko and holla @ ya girl. I wish everyone else traveling soon, a stress less, favored journey.

We shall all deliver like the Hebrew women IJN, Amen! Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iwanawana: 9:54am On Feb 28, 2016
chloe7:
Lmao cheesy na real shop, really I think it's best to just ignore posts like that, just like Mrsbw said why not pay the $300 and use him and stop asking for referrals, if you are truly prepared for this birthing journey $300 na small out of the remaining bills that will still be paid so why not pay it lipsrsealed

Ignore? It's just a question YOU can choose to answer or not. Don't advice someone who wish to answer them to ignore it. Everyone doesn't have the same mentality and we are here to learn.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:19am On Feb 28, 2016
bbaby84:

Lady G... This one you post this morning I no gree o.
Future readers that want to go and have their babies must have saved enough or earn enough to convince the VO they are capable of settling their bills. It's not by knowing another's salary. Even if they know, would they go to the embassy and say that's what they earn or will they change jobs/quickly get promoted etc. I don't understand this POV my sis. Torchlight am well make I understand.
I don't think salaries should be posted (it doesn't make any difference)and if people want to it's their choice.
Ok o! I also get all of u guy's perspective. I was only speaking from the visa perspective. Remember when one lady was denied the 2nd time we asked for the specifics of her salary and husband's earnings. Can't recall her moniker again. My pov comes from the visa angle...as always. I barely remember monikers. I remember stories and that's what helps us abi me to put an angle to the advice we abi I give. I no de do anything else with the salary.
Issorai

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:21am On Feb 28, 2016
biollar1:
When was the last tym I told u I heart u silly? Well...here is another: I DIG THE WAY U REASON AND DISH DEM MESSAGES! God bless u!!

I heart u too grin
Mmuah muah! Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:35am On Feb 28, 2016
Iwanawana:

Snug and Dry is usually my all time favourite. That's what I used for my twins and still using till date. Have no complain so far.

Wait till you try Lil movers! grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Jiji11: 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
Moyinoluwa83:

I used Northpointe Obgyn. I used the Northside campus in Alpharetta. Fee for VD is 2500 and CS is 3000. You can check Shawbabes post and other Atlanta mommas post in 1st or 2nd thread for more details

Hi Moyi, please how many days did you both use in hospital-(1/2days)?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yokus(f): 1:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
Glory to God. He is an Awesome God. I had my sweet babygirl on the 12th Feb... n i left Yankee on the 26th Feb exactly 2 wks after. Yay, i am home.
SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SENIORS O, THIS 2WKS THING IS BAE. EHUGS N KISSES R COMING UR WAY.....
I love Dr E, she was awesome, Laurie is a sweetat. I had a great nurse at Oakbend, (Pam) she was just great.
Dr's Fee $1900
Hosp Fee $2300
NICU- $621
Brown & Associates- $178 broken into mother & Child $79 + $99 ( i was expecting one bill. Hehehe, i guess i was mistaken) i dont understand why my bill is relatively higher than other pples own for B&A.
Swab test- $200
Paedatrician - 1st visit$75 + 2nd visit$55= $130 + $20 navel bleeding treatment (though dr said its not too necessary, me wey know say i dey travel, said id rather u treat her) =$150
ETC- $320 Mrs Stells is nice. But i met a rookie, who wasted my time cos she didnt know how to give boarding pass with ETC, but it was all sorted out.
Passport -$165
Went all the way to Austin for Birth Cert, 6hours to & fro, cheii. Its a nice city though, very diff scenery from Houston n Richmond.
Naming - $200 (i just needed a Pastor to pray for her...i did it for her elder ones, i didnt want her to be an exception & damn that caterers food was nice)

Extra luggage - mmmm i went prepared, i paid for 4 extra luggage online n when i got there and the lady was like infant has only one. I said NO, she has 2, i called united 2ce to confirm this and they said she has 2, and if they hadnt said thta i would have paid for 5extra boxes. She just said alright, alright. I was so happy oo, though i had the cash to pay near by incase she didnt agree. I kukuma used it for duty freeeee..... hehe.
Chei i don try for ther from Nov to Feb.
I used Mr Chris (whose number i screen munched here) n uber whenever i didnt have someone to give me a ride. They r both good. Mr Chris is patient.
Arrived Nigeria, welcomed with slap from heat, they scratched my LO's car seat n stroller, but what da heck; I'm home. Went to get BCG injection for LO.
I made a couple of friend Chicagobound my love mua, Neks sugar, Ade, Ires mum (u know ur self) & soulcare- a pleasant acquaintance.
Thanks Nerf for answering my pm, justwise for moderating, Tvegas (my most screen munched poster), Nogen, favouredgal, shelly23
Lady G- i dont know u, but i love u so much, the way you reply pples comments here just makes me wanna hug u on their behalf. U r awesome... Thanks u to everyone. GOD BLESS US ALL
Forgive any typos... i am still super jetlagged

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 1:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
bbaby84:

Lady G... This one you post this morning I no gree o.
Future readers that want to go and have their babies must have saved enough or earn enough to convince the VO they are capable of settling their bills. It's not by knowing another's salary. Even if they know, would they go to the embassy and say that's what they earn or will they change jobs/quickly get promoted etc. I don't understand this POV my sis. Torchlight am well make I understand.
I don't think salaries should be posted (it doesn't make any difference)and if people want to it's their choice.
on point! That posting of salary can lead to plenty talk here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
mrsbw:
All the people that keep asking for referrals to Dr F. If you truly want to use him, why not pay the $300. And if you don't plan to use him, don't you think you'd have spoilt the reputation of the person who referred you, and the person's future referrals might not be worth anything?
My 2 cents..
and I bet you so many use his correspondence just for visa purposes. I feel for Dr F joor.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
yokus:

Dr's Fee $1900
Hosp Fee $2300
NICU- $621
Brown & Associates- $178 broken into mother & Child $79 + $99 ( i was expecting one bill. Hehehe, i guess i was mistaken) i dont understand why my bill is relatively higher than other pples own for B&A.
Swab test- $200
Paedatrician - 1st visit$75 + 2nd visit$55= $130 + $20 navel bleeding treatment (though dr said its not too necessary, me wey know say i dey travel, said id rather u treat her) =$150
ETC- $320 Mrs Stells is nice. But i met a rookie, who wasted my time cos she didnt know how to give boarding pass with ETC, but it was all sorted out.
Passport -$165
Went all the way to Austin for Birth Cert, 6hours to & fro, cheii. Its a nice city though, very diff scenery from Houston n Richmond.
Naming - $200 (i just needed a Pastor to pray for her...i did it for her elder ones, i didnt want her to be an exception & damn that caterers food was nice)

Extra luggage - mmmm i went prepared, i paid for 4 extra luggage online n when i got there and the lady was like infant has only one. I said NO, she has 2, i called united 2ce to confirm this and they said she has 2, and if they hadnt said thta i would have paid for 5extra boxes. She just said alright, alright. I was so happy oo, though i had the cash to pay near by incase she didnt agree. I kukuma used it for duty freeeee..... hehe.
Chei i don try for ther from Nov to Feb.
I used Mr Chris (whose number i screen munched here) n uber whenever i didnt have someone to give me a ride. They r both good. Mr Chris is patient.
Arrived Nigeria, welcomed with slap from heat, they scratched my LO's car seat n stroller, but what da heck; I'm home. Went to get BCG injection for LO.
I made a couple of friend Chicagobound my love mua, Neks sugar, Ade, Ires mum (u know ur self) & soulcare- a pleasant acquaintance.
Thanks Nerf for answering my pm, justwise for moderating, Tvegas (my most screen munched poster), Nogen, favouredgal, shelly23
Lady G- i dont know u, but i love u so much, the way you reply pples comments here just makes me wanna hug u on their behalf. U r awesome... Thanks u to everyone. GOD BLESS US ALL
Forgive any typos... i am still super jetlagged
welcome home, I can imagine your joy. God bless your Lo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by prolify: 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
Apple19:
Good day mamas. Pls for mamas using Huggies DIAPERS (Bought from US) What is the difference between Little swadlers, Little Movers, Snug and Dry ...e.t.c. Also, there's one called Ultra, and the Other just Huggies....pls I dont just get it. need to buy but am so confused.
Huggies little snugglers are slightly more expensive,softer and are of higher quality,it also has d wetness indicator strip as oppose to snug and dry which is not as soft.ds used snugglers till 4months or so without issues however every poop was a blow out with snug and dry,i finally settled with little movers,we haven't had any leaks,i guess movers are for older kids tho not sure,IMO they all do the job and if @all there is a difference it's insignificant,just try to stock up on bigger sizes as they grow out of them fast.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 2:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
Yay

Yokus you are back. Congrats
I see oakbend got their acts together. That's great that you had a great experience

That two weeks is bae o!!!! I feel so rested and ready to resume work

Why did u go to Austin tho? I hear they accept the short form Bc at downtown for passport

On brown and associates, maybe you forgot to ask them for their 40 percent discount

Your Nicu Bill looks high too

Anyways welcome back to the heat the non existent electricity and the fuel queues
No place like home smiley

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ye2ndearisto: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
My 2 cent. I personally asked dr F about the $300 fee. He said if anyone pays its still part of your whole bill when you arrive . And that if referrals there's a high chance of you coming to him . So I support pay the $ 300 and you are still safe

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
@yokus yayyyyyyy, welcome home sugar. Awwwww congratulations luv. I'll Holla tonight. kiss kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cmeo(m): 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pls anyone here who has made the GTBank ATM withdrawal, online or POS payment in dollars today? If any, what's the rate they charge your account?

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iwanawana: 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
nefertitiram:

Wait till you try Lil movers! grin

You don't say! Can't wait for my next baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
Congrats and welcome ebonichic
Hugsssssss and kisses to your LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
Welcome back @ yokus,
Guess you didn't ask for discount from brown and Associate.
This short birth certificate issh, I noticed the BC I got from Harris county in 1st journey is short compared to eat I got now from fort bend county.
How did you make the 7hrs journey to Austin?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 5:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
yokus:
Glory to God. He is an Awesome God. I had my sweet babygirl on the 12th Feb... n i left Yankee on the 26th Feb exactly 2 wks after. Yay, i am home.
SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SENIORS O, THIS 2WKS THING IS BAE. EHUGS N KISSES R COMING UR WAY.....
I love Dr E, she was awesome, Laurie is a sweetat. I had a great nurse at Oakbend, (Pam) she was just great, my friend who had a bad experience there a month ago, had to tell Pam, she didnt get that kind of treatment, Pam compensated her with some gifts (she didnt get them when she was leaving)

Dr's Fee $1900
Hosp Fee $2300
NICU- $621
Swab test- $200

Congrats and welcome hme.

Quick ones tho...
**swab? As in cervial?
**y do u thnk ur nicu bill was dat high? Thot thy said around 416 max.
**Plus can we get details of ur pediatrician?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
favoredgal:
Yay

Yokus you are back. Congrats

On brown and associates, maybe you forgot to ask them for their 40 percent discount

I called brown and associates o. And thy told me d 40% dscount is for Dr F patients only

Abeg any momma dat has gotten d discount wtout using Dr F should pls speak up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
ajujuju:

I called brown and associates o. And thy told me d 40% dscount is for Dr F patients only

It's a self pay thing not a dr F thing
I got 40 percent discount and I used dr E

Funny enough when I used fr F I got only 30 percent

Guess It all depends on who u talk to. Hang up and call again, if u get it then pay over the phone immediately
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
Cmeo:
Pls anyone here who has made the GTBank ATM withdrawal, online or POS payment in dollars today? If any, what's the rate they charge your account?

Thanks.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cmeo(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
favoredgal:

That's nice of you. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
prolify:

Huggies little snugglers are slightly more expensive,softer and are of higher quality,it also has d wetness indicator strip as oppose to snug and dry which is not as soft.ds used snugglers till 4months or so without issues however every poop was a blow out with snug and dry,i finally settled with little movers,we haven't had any leaks,i guess movers are for older kids tho not sure,IMO they all do the job and if @all there is a difference it's insignificant,just try to stock up on bigger sizes as they grow out of them fast.

As for me with my last baby,the best was Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive Diaper,no issues at all unfortunately it stops at size 4 and had to switch to Huggies little movers and for about 2 weeks she cried because of nappy rash that occurred as a result of the switch but Aquaphor baby ointment and Aveeno nappy rash resolved that. This time around i intend to go the same route smiley

@yokus congrats and welcome to Naija but you tried o(4 mths) cool

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
ajujuju:

Not true, as at Oct 2015, I got the 40% discount , guess you talked to an uninformed person
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
Onliseise I de wait with bated breath for your update o!
Una don enter?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Yipeeee! It gives me great joy and pleasure to announce that onliseisei and wifey got stamped in 6 months! JFK is da bom'! Whopeeeeeeee!
God pass satan

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by hardeymijuh: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Yipeeee! It gives me great joy and pleasure to announce that onliseisei and wifey got stamped in 6 months! JFK is da bom'! Whopeeeeeeee!
God pass satan

congrats ooooo. considering porting through JFK too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
God pass satan

Nice!!! Thank God ohh

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.