Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,628 members, 7,847,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:46 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (858736 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iwanawana: 6:36am On Mar 01, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Great

Has this link in any way been banned or sth? Tried posting on it and it gave me error message saying I cant post and that I should wait for a week or sth. Anyways I wasn't affected in any way but for some personal reasons left GTB and thier unscrupulous activity a long time ago. Yes my account is in negative and I don't bloody care! Make the account kukuma rust sef! After they will be forming new generation. Filled with mgbekes feeling funky and boys so in a hurry to cash out on customers bcuz they must holiday in UK and come back broke asses! Hate that bank with passion!!!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 6:47am On Mar 01, 2016
@ kendybabe88 ,

Sent you a pm based on ur comment on one other thread. You could also discuss the stuff with Ladyguinivere (as pm plz). It is well with you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by coolhayor: 7:03am On Mar 01, 2016
modath:

Bros , let's take it in nos as enumerated.

1. That 3k budget won't work, even for birthing centre, moreover you can't predict with pregnancy, better safe than sorry....

2. Informing the embassy is not compulsory as long as you are well & able to bear the consequence of any fallout from such action/inaction. grin

Now let's be serious, houston & chicago POEs are not the kind of POEs to take chances with, both will humble a saint if the CBP one encounters woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Also , how will you be able to dispel the theory that the journey isn't an intent to be an illegal immigrant? How easy would it be to explain coming to have a baby in a country that touts itself as "Childbirth is EXPENSIVE" with a budget that will give rise to suspicion?...

Methink you should up your budget to 6-7k$ (I know the streets are mean & ain't smiling but be hopeful) at least & also inform the embassy that your wife's situation has changed from vacation to health....

Visa covers both, but Houston POE ain't child's play..

Thanks a lot bro.I will inform the embassy of my plans and step up my game as per d cash.It has neva crossd my mind to sprint for any reason.Opportunities abound in Naija.Na just to deliver dis pikin and come back.

PLS I STILL NEED HELP WITH AN AFFORDABLE HOSPITAL IN D HOUSTON AREA cos dat is whr i have family to reduce accomodation cost.I dont wanna owe dem a dime to avoid blockn other well meaning naija people.If possible sef i go leave dem change.

I appreciate d americans for giving us d opportunity to even birth in their country.I can imagine it was d other way round,Naija customs,immigration,police would have opend a bank on d immigrants @ d airport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 01, 2016
Good morning people, please hiw do I apply for PTA at stanbic and fidelity banks? I mean online as their branches here claim they don't give PTA but I know it happens in lagos (HO). Do I have to go in person to book? Please this would cost us about 70k and at least 2 working days(leave) to travel to lagos in person and book, and we still need to go and collect it when it's our turn, so any alternative will be of great value.
Please give me info if you have; maybe phone number of staff involve who I can speak with on phone to book us,or email address as the case may be.And please if the contact you have is not any of this bank, and I can still open account in a new bank to meet up, don't hesitate to asist. I can PM personally if required.
Our travel date is 1st week April. Thanks and Gid bless!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 7:39am On Mar 01, 2016
omodadi:
Good morning people, please hiw do I apply for PTA at stanbic and fidelity banks? I mean online as their branches here claim they don't give PTA but I know it happens in lagos (HO). Do I have to go in person to book? Please this would cost us about 70k and at least 2 working days(leave) to travel to lagos in person and book, and we still need to go and collect it when it's our turn, so any alternative will be of great value.
Please give me info if you have; maybe phone number of staff involve who I can speak with on phone to book us,or email address as the case may be.And please if the contact you have is not any of this bank, and I can still open account in a new bank to meet up, don't hesitate to asist. I can PM personally if required.

For STANBIC, send a mail to SIBTCBDCLTD@stanbicibtc.com, then keep sending them reminders,2 days to your travel, go there if they haven't called you for pickup, they will definitely sort you out...

For Fidelity, I have no idea.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 8:03am On Mar 01, 2016
coolhayor:

I appreciate d americans for giving us d opportunity to even birth in their country.I can imagine it was d other way round,Naija customs,immigration,police would have opend a bank on d immigrants @ d airport.

Quite unfortunate yet so true. angry

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ayokunle07(m): 8:42am On Mar 01, 2016
Hallo Cinakin

What hospital did you eventually pick in Chicago? And how's their package like?

cinakin:
Hello house, wow! I had to read all the pages of part 3 to catch up! Learnt a lot, been screen munching, my phone don full with NL munch, lol...How's everyone doing? Congrats to those who just delivered, have finished their missionary journey and got their visas(thank God say I don pass visa stage) now patiently waiting for my LO to come... Boredom and cold don finish me for Chicago... I advice those coming should check for the weather and pack appropriately oh(packed maternity free gowns) so I had to spend a lot on thick clothes/jacket/boots. Anyway! I will update as things go on. Thanks to all the gurus( nerf, modath, lady G, Phema, tvegas, and those who answered my many jjc questions) God bless...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:52am On Mar 01, 2016
danowena:
@ kendybabe88 ,

Sent you a pm based on ur comment on one other thread. You could also discuss the stuff with Ladyguinivere (as pm plz). It is well with you.
As in pm me? Or u? I saw the coMment and will be willing to offer my 2 kobo. On the thread
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by harrysmith073(m): 9:05am On Mar 01, 2016
Good day everyone, I luv ur good work here for ur support.
I just got married few month back n my wife is pregnant but our plan Is for her 2 av our child in U.S so intend to apply for U.S visa for my wife & my mother soonest.
Pls I need your help on dis questions:

1) Is it possible to apply for U.S visa on same form Online with My wife & my mother together & when d interveiw comes will both of them go for interview same day to see the V.O together?

2) What are the chances of my wife & my mother getting this visa even as I meet the financial requirment but my wife have not not travel out except to Benin republic by road & my mother also have not travel out of d country also?

3) I have an aunty who is a nurse in U.S but don't want to use her yet until I get the visa so the issue now is I want 2 make contact with a doctor in U.S so as to get d correspondence With budget sheet (expenses expected for everything)., but will b on a different state in U.S & at the end if visa is granted & my wife with my mum gets to U.S is it possible they can move from the doctor state to the state where my aunty is a nurse if they can change hospital and doctor?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 9:27am On Mar 01, 2016
Iwanawana:

Has this link in any way been banned or sth? Tried posting on it and it gave me error message saying I cant post and that I should wait for a week or sth. Anyways I wasn't affected in any way but for some personal reasons left GTB and thier unscrupulous activity a long time ago. Yes my account is in negative and I don't bloody care! Make the account kukuma rust sef! After they will be forming new generation. Filled with mgbekes feeling funky and boys so in a hurry to cash out on customers bcuz they must holiday in UK and come back broke asses! Hate that bank with passion!!!

Link is active..please try again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by gusfy823: 9:36am On Mar 01, 2016
chris4cruz:
Hello, please is any one planning to visit Richmond in March? We got an affordable 2 bed room apartment and needs a house mate in the other room. Or can anyone advise on accommodation in Richmond, Houston or environs? ........... God bless you pretty much for your advise.

Hey, I'll be at Richmond April to June, waiting to hear from you. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 10:08am On Mar 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

As in pm me? Or u? I saw the coMment and will be willing to offer my 2 kobo. On the thread

You are a darling as usual.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mamapeejay: 10:25am On Mar 01, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Hey dear, if you're not in urgent need of the Visa it may be wiser to wait a while. If you're not due anytime soon. Wait it out.

I will be due towards the last week in April
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mamapeejay: 10:47am On Mar 01, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Hey dear, if you're not in urgent need of the Visa it may be wiser to wait a while. If you're not due anytime soon. Wait it out.

[quote author=happytbaby post=43365701]Actually, when you have been denied once, you get a chance to explain yourself in the form. You may compose something, PM me and let's look at it together. That space is invaluable in stating your case.
In view of being due in April, you need to reapply now, I booked appointment(Lagos) for someone today and the earliest available date is March 21. So do quick. It's definitely worth another try.
I don't know how to PM pls I really need your help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by harrysmith073(m): 10:54am On Mar 01, 2016
@ladyguinivere pls help me out on this issue..thanks

I just got married few month back n my wife is pregnant but our plan Is for her 2 av our child in U.S so intend to apply for U.S visa for my wife & my mother soonest.

1) Is it possible to apply for U.S visa on same form Online with My wife & my mother together & when d interveiw comes will both of them go for interview same day to see the V.O together?

2) What are the chances of my wife & my mother getting this visa even as I meet the financial requirment but my wife have not not travel out except to Benin republic by road & my mother also have not travel out of d country also?

3) I have an aunty who is a nurse in U.S but don't want to use her yet until I get the visa so the issue now is I want 2 make contact with a doctor in U.S so as to get d correspondence With budget sheet (expenses expected for everything)., but will b on a different state in U.S & at the end if visa is granted & my wife with my mum gets to U.S is it possible they can move from the doctor state to the state where my aunty is a nurse if they can change hospital and doctor?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cutelass: 10:56am On Mar 01, 2016
omodadi:

Is Abuja closer to u? Jaiz bank hq (Google for address, call d no u see online to confirm they are giving b4 going). Heard there is a 3 weeks wait time.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mamapeejay: 11:10am On Mar 01, 2016
[quote author=cindermum post=43362823]

My first appointment with the doctor is on the 14th of march and I 'll due in April. So I need to apply this week and go for interview next week. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:24am On Mar 01, 2016
harrysmith073:

1. No it isn't possible for your mother and wife to apply on the same form. Each person will fill her ds 160 and pay visa fees. For detailed info, please refer to the us website.They can get the same interview time and MAY be interviewed together. Families are interviewed together.I do not know. If a MIL and daughter in law will be construed as family. Basically, all man should tidy em side in case of incasity.

2. I totally always never get this question. Yet people keep on askin it. Why? NOBODYcan tell u your chances of getting the visa except the vo standing in front of u.

3. I honestly don't understand this part but for hospitals and budget sheet? That will be on you to go thru this thread and see the one within your budget. U can check the ist page of this thread for FAQs as well as a list of hospitals in the us and their website. Google Phema budgetsheet or use the search feature on this thread. It has been posted several times. Yes u may use another hospital after u get the visa. If asked by cbp I guess u will have your reasons. That being said, if u have a relative in the us, please don't fail to indicate in the form so u don't fall into the same trap people have fallen in the past

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Pamperme: 11:55am On Mar 01, 2016
modath:

I join you in solidarity as you are my bebe coco. tongue

I know GT wella, a bank that has Abok1 inside banking hall to change FX for customers by force? undecided

@beautyX5 ...

Abeg help tell GTB head honchos that na like this UBA start before people be dey side eye dem, make dem kontinu!!

A friend said this, this morning o. i didnt believe him until i read this. Na wah o. GTB!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iwanawana: 12:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Link is active..please try again

Ok will try again now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Cobiss: 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
Good day,
Pls I have a question. For those that used Or are using WHMC, how did u process payment since they don't accept wire transfers. I want to see if I can prepay both doctor and hospital bills before traveling. Pls someone should help me out.
Secondly pls does anyone have info on any bank in Abuja currently giving PTA?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Zumabeezle: 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=43377379]

Hi LadyG, pls i requested to send u a PM. i really need ur advice/counselling concerning some matters. Pls accept. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by harrysmith073(m): 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2016

1. No it isn't possible for your mother and wife to apply on the same form. Each person will fill her ds 160 and pay visa fees. For detailed info, please refer to the us website.They can get the same interview time and MAY be interviewed together. Families are interviewed together.I do not know. If a MIL and daughter in law will be construed as family. Basically, all man should tidy em side in case of incasity.

2. I totally always never get this question. Yet people keep on askin it. Why? NOBODYcan tell u your chances of getting the visa except the vo standing in front of u.

3. I honestly don't understand this part but for hospitals and budget sheet? That will be on you to go thru this thread and see the one within your budget. U can check the ist page of this thread for FAQs as well as a list of hospitals in the us and their website. Google Phema budgetsheet or use the search feature on this thread. It has been posted several times. Yes u may use another hospital after u get the visa. If asked by cbp I guess u will have your reasons. That being said, if u have a relative in the us, please don't fail to indicate in the form so u don't fall into the same trap people have fallen in the past

LadyGuivere.....thanks for your reply and I highly appreciate.

Pls I have gone through the trend from part 1 to Part 2 but still did not see sample of any correspondence With budget sheet (expenses expected for everything) in this trends., I wish I can see sample of it and how I can get hospitals list amount charges so as to choose from which will be okay for me.

Pls can I get ur email contact for easy communication cos I intend to start the process of d visa any time soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
mamapeejay:

Hi dear, i wasn't the one who suggested PM. I already responded to you.

I also think it's better to discuss within the thread, you'll find wisdom in the counsel of the multitude. Read and then ask questions, time is not on your side. Also tag people in your questions so they can weigh in. Research is very key in this journey oh, cos in the interview it's just you and the VO. No one can advise you everything but you can read a lot on the thread.

If someone advices you wrongly, others can see it and weigh in, that's the advantage of the thread, no one person knows it all, you'll get different angles.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mandydaisy: 2:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
@Harrysmith here's a sample of the budget sheet, make Hon. LadyG rest small
As for hospital in Houston and the charges just use the search button and type Oakbend cos that seems to be a highly used hospital in Houston. You'll see the cost breakdown of many mamas that have given birth there. All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
Pamperme:

A friend said this, this morning o. i didnt believe him until i read this. Na wah o. GTB!!!!

All the folks that earn revenue online dey avoid them, go to business & technology boards, na curses dem dey rain on them..GT is the new UBA. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hello house,

Been a while, congrats to all the success stories n deliveries.
God bless us all. Amen
It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
@Harrysmith eh. Comments like I have read the whole thread na werrin dey drive folks (me included ) crasing.
See this post from bigfido a few weeks ago...
For those of you looking for correspondence, stop calling doctors. Send them an email stating what you want and ask if they will deliver your wife of the baby. Ask what their rates are and requirements needed. They will reply you if they are interested or not. If it's a positive outcome, send them your medical report and pay them a token to issue you a letter for a scheduled appointment. That's it. I don't see why you are spending so much on phone calls. All this emails back and forth is what is call "correspondence"
I attended DW's first appointment at Dr Jeanie Huynh office over Skype and she was very nice. Rejected some of her results.. We are spending extra $600 doing another set of test now. God is in control. Overall, she's been very effective considering the initial backlash from here. Some of the reports she went with were hand written reports. She kept saying "tell people on YOUR WEBSITE that their report should be typed. That's the standard practice here".. She obviously knows about this forum. Anyways, more updated as they come. Cheers people
As for hospitals there's no' hospital and cost breakdown'. I wish. Life were thgat simple.
U have to truly read the thread and copy down what people paid.
I agree with leakytribe. All this pm and email na for husband and wife matter mbok cheesy and since we no de wifey and boo things mae we table our matters here as all man still be learner. What if u pm me and I tell u rubbish? No control delete dey o! U go follow the nonsense I talk enter pit latrine.
Cc : Kendybabe
Peace and small hugs
Thanks Mandydaisy!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Good points n well said.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Zumabeezle: 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Adebuble:
Hello house,

Been a while, congrats to all the success stories n deliveries.
God bless us all. Amen
It is well.

Hi Adebuble, good to hear from u. How are u doing? Thanks for the other day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Zumabeezle: 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I agree with leakytribe. All this pm and email na for husband and wife matter mbok cheesy and since we no de wifey and boo things mae we table our matters here as all man still be learner. What if u pm me and I tell u rubbish? No control delete dey o! U go follow the nonsense I talk enter pit latrine.
Cc : Kendybabe
Peace and small hugs
Thanks Mandydaisy!

Apologies if requesting to mail u privately offended you.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Zumabeezle: 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hi house, pls i need advice. Or maybe i just need someone to talk to coz I'm so worried. (I worry alot )

I submitted for renewal via dropbox but was invited for an interview. From what I've read on this thread, I've taken some steps to prepare for the interview. In establishing strong ties, i have my marriage cert and pictures.
I also have hospital / Dr's correspondence and appointment date, a budget sheet, my office pay slip, my salary account bank statement and my savings account bank statement. I also have my mum's bank statement as I'm a co-signatory to the account and she's willing to support where necessary. My husband also gave me his office pay slip and bank statement but all the money he's ready to give me has been transferred to my savings account.
1. Now I'm worried that i have too many bank statements. Pls what do u think?
2. What else can i use to prove strong ties?
3. My buget for vag is about $9,800 and $11,500 for cs. And I'm using 200naira as conversion rate. I won't need a hotel and nanny coz I'm gonna stay with family. So 2.5m naira will cover everything. Hope this is not too small for budget sheet?
My husband is not coming with me on this trip. Only my mum will join me at a later date.
This will be my 3rd visa if granted but this time around I'm so worried. Maybe coz the 1st time the VO didn't ask me much questions and didn't check my docs and d 2nd time i just dropped at d embassy and left. No question was asked. This time around I'm panicking coz I'm pregnant and this missionary journey means alot to me... pls make una advice me o. Sorry for d long post.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (401)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.