Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,743 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852772 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 6:32am On Mar 03, 2016
IjayMama:
Regarding paying a lot for water, I stopped by a coffee shop and begged for a lil hot water to make my toddlers cereal & I was told I had to pay even as i mentioned it's for a baby. Sadly d water I had in her flask had gone cold so i had no choice but to pay $3 for a few drops of hot water. I felt pained! But hey, dis is America!

And for Oakbend patients, hospital bill has just been increased from $2300 to $3200.Went for my Dr's visit today & wanted to pay for my cousin when I was informed. The price increase don't affect patients who were given d old rate & have pd. These guys don't know how every $$ means a lot to all Naija mamas. May God help us.

MIHS effect!

Una do well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kemmytino(f): 7:09am On Mar 03, 2016
ify4charm:
Thank God for journey mercies finally arrived Atlanta via Houston today. Thanks everyone for your help. lL update on my Poe story.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 7:20am On Mar 03, 2016
IjayMama:
Regarding paying a lot for water, I stopped by a coffee shop and begged for a lil hot water to make my toddlers cereal & I was told I had to pay even as i mentioned it's for a baby. Sadly d water I had in her flask had gone cold so i had no choice but to pay $3 for a few drops of hot water. I felt pained! But hey, dis is America!

And for Oakbend patients, hospital bill has just been increased from $2300 to $3200.Went for my Dr's visit today & wanted to pay for my cousin when I was informed. The price increase don't affect patients who were given d old rate & have pd. These guys don't know how every $$ means a lot to all Naija mamas. May God help us.

Pay? shocked shocked , maybe it's that particular establishment & if it isn't then chicagoans must be very nice folks then cause not one has ever demanded for payment, they even admonish us to stay well hydrated cos of the summer heat!!

Even the Orientals that like money pass their souls, that you know are charging others for same pitcher they are filling from for you from didn't.

As for Oakbend, I don't blame them, it is in my man's nature to build castle on top hin neighbour head cos hin know dem nor get choice.. they can't claim that economy prompted the hike so it's nothing but pure capitalism... God dey look dem for 6D.

As I say to people around me "Things getting costly is not a problem in itself, not being able to afford the cost is the problem" ....

All intending Oakbendians , your pockets & wallets (10k$ dey enter big wallet oo cheesy) will never know the difference... amin.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DunnyGee: 8:10am On Mar 03, 2016
ify4charm:
Thank God for journey mercies finally arrived Atlanta via Houston today. Thanks everyone for your help. lL update on my Poe story.

Thank God fr journey mercies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Toludo(m): 8:36am On Mar 03, 2016
@jet2biz

Apologies I did not see your PM, I only received a generic msg. My DW is staying with an Aunt although she has apartments(rooms) she rents out not too far from WHMC. I will pass on her details anytime I see your PM.

Have a blessed day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yabilalz: 8:38am On Mar 03, 2016
HI Everyone,

We got visa last this week and planning to visit US. We are expecting baby in June mid this year.

I would like to know if anyone know any affordable hospital in Dallas or Baltimore area.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by seesaw: 8:47am On Mar 03, 2016
Good morning NLanders,
Just to say a big thank you to Phema, LadyGuinvere and Sir Justwise for their assistance thus far and to God most especially for Favourrrrr.
went for my visa yesterday and was granted.
It was a re-application. was rejected sometimes in Feb.
Transcript went thus
- Why do you want to go to the US
Ans - To deliver my baby
- Where in the US
Ans- Houston Texas
-Why Houston
ans- Cos i have family there and they can assist in taking care of the baby whilst am there
- Have you contacted a Doc and your financials
Ans- Yes and presented the doctors correspondence, Hospital, budget sheet( courtesy Phema) and the statements she looked at them and didnt say anything, started typing. Na so my prayers start for my mind ( lol) she just flipped thru the documents.
-when are you due
Ans- precise due date
-When do you plan to travel
Ans- Precise date of travel and reason been that i need to arrive before my 35 weeks appointment with the doctor
- Where do you work
Ans- XXXXX and explained what i do on my desk
- Where does your husband work
Ans- XXXXXX as XXXXX ( tried to give her our letter of introduction, she declined
-Is this your first child
Ans- No I have a daughter she isn't travelling with me because it was stressful managing her at the first interview not to mention when we both travel alone and so i decided she should stay with her Dad and his mum will come manage her whilst am away (thanks to LadyGuinivere who suggested reapplying alone)
Your visa has been granted. Na so i no hear anything she talk again.

Thank God for success.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by beautyx5: 9:02am On Mar 03, 2016
mrsbw:
Hello...pls those tht used WHMC, could you pls advise on accomodation? I am looking for a 1-bedroom apartment (non-sharing) which Soulcare doesnt have at the moment. Pls help oooo...its quite urgent

Thanks

Try checking airbnb
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cosd(m): 9:15am On Mar 03, 2016
Goodmorning all, thanks 2 all who have been helping out, my wife is due in may ending, we intend using oakbend, Dr. E hopefully. Pls anybody with info on accommodation that is close by. ALso any may-mum that she can share an apartment with, pls holla via pm... She intends to leave 2nd week of april...................Thanks ..God bless, nothing less
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 9:57am On Mar 03, 2016
Congratulations seesaw, and all those with successful POE.

Oakbend don learn badtthing ooo

Am sure NLders will dig out something cheap soon.
But that Chicago hospital someone mentioned here sometime ago is cheap o, Abi na shooting dey drive mamas from Chi town. lipsrsealed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:02am On Mar 03, 2016
cosd:
Goodmorning all, thanks 2 all who have been helping out, my wife is due in may ending, we intend using oakbend, Dr. E hopefully. Pls anybody with info on accommodation that is close by. ALso any may-mum that she can share an apartment with, pls holla via pm... She intends to leave 2nd week of april...................Thanks ..God bless, nothing less

Try soulcare, she will meet oda Mamas there.
Hope you are aware of the recent increase in Oakbend?
Mamas that have made payments are just lucky.
How about those already in Houston but still planning to go over to the hospital for payment.
They for pass info that it's so so so date that the new payment will commence
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cosd(m): 10:12am On Mar 03, 2016
Thanks ozycy 4 ur quick response, I sent u a pm request even b4 ur responded, kindly reply

ozycy:

Try soulcare, she will meet oda Mamas there.
Hope you are aware of the recent increase in Oakbend?
Mamas that have made payments are just lucky.
How about those already in Houston but still planning to go over to the hospital for payment.
They for pass info that it's so so so date that the new payment will commence
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 03, 2016
@Toludo thanks for the reply. I thought sending the generic is the PM. I'm not too used to this nairaland. Can you share the details. She is using WHMC with Dr. La

Toludo:
@jet2biz

Apologies I did not see your PM, I only received a generic msg. My DW is staying with an Aunt although she has apartments(rooms) she rents out not too far from WHMC. I will pass on her details anytime I see your PM.

Have a blessed day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ucystan(f): 11:35am On Mar 03, 2016
ozycy:

But that Chicago hospital someone mentioned here sometime ago is cheap o, Abi na shooting dey drive mamas from Chi town. lipsrsealed

Eehn.... u pple want to start porting to my chi-town and also mess it up too, the nxt thing they will increase price too. Chaii u pple should wait o, after my 4kids (d worst be say this one nah still my first. Lol) I just checked d post and realized that 32 pple don secretly even go like d post and i am sure they are already on d mission. First it was Phoenix now Houston next Chicago. Hahahaa... no mind me, make una carry on joor... iheoma Anahi agwuagwu (better thing no dey finish joor) if that one also decide to hike price we will still find another sef! Hehehe... be like say I don dey poke one for Ohio sef... is either I no hear d English well or d babe wey I spoke with na new comer bcus she talk say everything go cost me like $2500. Hehehehee... (in short disregard bcus I am sure say I no hear d oyibo well) Abeg twenty five hundred no be same thing as 2500k Abi nah 25000k. (Make i no dey Jones my sef. Meanwhile Neff and modath I hail oo!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Popri(f): 11:39am On Mar 03, 2016
ozycy:

Ozycy, Chicago has many downsides that's why
High sales tax rate, housing is very expensive
POE and POExit unpleasant as they are not comfortable with birth tourism and winter there is not for the faint hearted not to think of the high crime rate
Texas seem to be a better place for birth tourism that's why most people go there

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 11:48am On Mar 03, 2016
ucystan:

Eehn.... u pple want to start porting to my chi-town and also mess it up too, the nxt thing they will increase price too. Chaii u pple should wait o, after my 4kids (d worst be say this one nah still my first. Lol) I just checked d post and realized that 32 pple don secretly even go like d post and i am sure they are already on d mission. First it was Phoenix now Houston next Chicago. Hahahaa... no mind me, make una carry on joor... iheoma Anahi agwuagwu (better thing no dey finish joor) if that one also decide to hike price we will still find another sef! Hehehe... be like say I don dey poke one for Ohio sef... is either I no hear d English well or d babe wey I spoke with na new comer bcus she talk say everything go cost me like $2500. Hehehehee... (in short disregard bcus I am sure say I no hear d oyibo well) Abeg twenty five hundred no be same thing as 2500k Abi nah 25000k. (Make i no dey Jones my sef. Meanwhile Neff and modath I hail oo!!

Modath was right. You are a very weekend somebori! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ucystan(f): 11:59am On Mar 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

Modath was right. You are a very weekend somebori! grin

Lol... i no dey like dis before oo, na una teach me this bad bad things oo grin don't worry i will repent in 2025 or 2030. I just hope d thread will still be in existence by then wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

MIHS effect!

Una do well.

This is a bad story o....na chicago sure pass now o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by modath(f): 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2016
Popri:

Ozycy, Chicago has many downsides that's why
High sales tax rate, housing is very expensive
POE and POExit unpleasant as they are not comfortable with birth tourism and winter there is not for the faint hearted not to think of the high crime rate
Texas seem to be a better place for birth tourism that's why most people go there

The thing with Chicago isn't the costly housing, & taxes + crime rate per se, Dr would not even give any correspondence, probably to avoid the were folks at border control....

St Francis, Mount Sinai, St Bernard are quite affordable if one can get friendly relatives as all these crossland, motel6 menene nor dey, don't think I heard or know about anything that resembles soulcare sef...

The problem of accommodation in Northside & Westside is that no one will rent you an apartment without a surety & background check & who wan venture into South side... cheesy

Chicago is a beautiful city but not the ideal birth tourism spot... my 2k....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
The Ohio gist...I have heard it before...was told by my family friend that its somewhere in Cleveland...so let me just get on it...

ucystan:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
omodadi:

This is a bad story o....na chicago sure pass now o

You think? No worry, na surprise bill in Chicago go drive una comot!

Abeg! Make una park well! After spoiling Oakbend, you think Chicago people will give una the chance! Wussai!

Follow ucystan to Ohio o! No road for here!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 1:14pm On Mar 03, 2016
Chai! What of pple wey dem don give invoice and all but yet to pay? See wetin dis banks cause o....I for don finish with dis Form A Isshhh since. *sigh*

IjayMama:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
E b like say I don carry belle...
I don't know what my own Is with valentine kpekus

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
biollar1:
Chai! What of pple wey dem don give invoice and all but yet to pay? See wetin dis banks cost o....I for don finish with dis Form A Isshhh since. *sigh*

it doesn't apply to u. It will b for those who are just inquiring for d first time

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2016
Aye88 I see u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
Nairaland mamas are pweedy oooo..... Some faces do not match their typing.
Their voices doesn't match their typing too.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

You think? No worry, na surprise bill in Chicago go drive una comot!

Abeg! Make una park well! After spoiling Oakbend, you think Chicago people will give una the chance! Wussai!

Follow ucystan to Ohio o! No road for here!

Ayam not parking anything o, i still dey move gidigidi..nor be me spoil Oakbend.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 1:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
firsttymum:
E b like say I don carry belle...
I don't know what my own Is with valentine kpekus

Kikikikiki, I don't want to believe this, am sure you are pulling our legs, anyway kikikikiki. Go and run test and confirm.
Am sure you will dig out a cheap hospital as Oakbend don hike price
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bepop: 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
Please someone should please help me out on this information i am hearing about oakbend. i contacted Dr Fagbohun 2 weeks ago and he gave me hospital bill of 2300. Now i am seeing it has been increased. Please how can i confirm this from him or what can i do? I am so confused. Any other hospital in Texas? pls help me i beg. thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2016
ozycy:

Kikikikiki, I don't want to believe this, am sure you are pulling our legs, anyway kikikikiki. Go and run test and confirm.
Am sure you will dig out a cheap hospital as Oakbend don hike price
I'm scared to do a test. I don't wanna believe it.

But I'm gonna dig out new hospitals.
It's byeeee oakbend.
And mayb hello Canada grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
bepop:
Please someone should please help me out on this information i am hearing about oakbend. i contacted Dr Fagbohun 2 weeks ago and he gave me hospital bill of 2300. Now i am seeing it has been increased. Please how can i confirm this from him or what can i do? I am so confused. Any other hospital in Texas? pls help me i beg. thanks.
that wld b for a fresher. Not for someone who has gotten a quote already.

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.