Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (856427 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 3:04am On Mar 09, 2016
omodadi:
Hello everyone, please who has collected PTA this week? Pls we need update as I'm hearing some news that stanbic isn't selling again.....That's our hope o and waiting for our dates to be close before going there. I know we are many here in this situation.

Omodadi the PTA really commot sleep from your eyes...lol, it's well. Go to Fidelity Head office and join the queue, it will reach you. Two people I directed got from there today.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 3:08am On Mar 09, 2016
JADESOLA15:
Hi ZillyO and Swappylove, I have been going through your post since morning. This my question that I need help, we are planning to have our second baby in the US due in september, but we have started prep asap as its not easy to save money. We have someone that stays in Fortwoth Dallas, but you know the issue with the busy life of these Americanas, they cant help with looking for good and affordable hospital. Kindly suggest a very good and affordable hospital to us to contact, even though we have contacted some but still not satisfied. Pls help out. Thanks in advance.

Check the info I posted on Sulphur Spring, it's about 1hr from where forthwooth. Total bill is less than $5k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 5:56am On Mar 09, 2016
Haaaa! They should not stop o ... Not now at least

omodadi:
Hello everyone, please who has collected PTA this week? Pls we need update as I'm hearing some news that stanbic isn't selling again.....That's our hope o and waiting for our dates to be close before going there. I know we are many here in this situation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 5:58am On Mar 09, 2016
Na real comot sleep cheesy pele @omodadi...it is well

ZillyO:

Omodadi the PTA really commot sleep from your eyes...lol, it's well. Go to Fidelity Head office and join the queue, it will reach you. Two people I directed got from there today.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 6:53am On Mar 09, 2016
ZillyO:

Check the info I posted on Sulphur Spring, it's about 1hr from where forthwooth. Total bill is less than $5k

Good one, I think I researched Hopkins Memorial in sulphur spring when I was looking for a place. Their nursery is level II, which is a bit of a concern, in case of incasity. Dey may have to transfer the baby out if there's an emergency and that can rake up bills.

Anyway, na to pray against emergency sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 8:07am On Mar 09, 2016
ZillyO:

When I called the hospital I was given that $5,700 but when I called Dr Stimages office I was given $3,750 plus Epidural. Though they said there's another little fee I will need to pay the person that will administer the Epidural

Thank you ZillyO, you've done some great research. Well done and thanks for sharing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 8:21am On Mar 09, 2016
omodadi:

My sister I really pray not, my trip is next weekend. Really praying that I can get the Form A too regardless.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by overlord77: 8:50am On Mar 09, 2016
ZillyO:

Thanks for sharing ZillyO. Please do you know the rate at which they got it? Wifey is due in November and the earlier I got this outta the way, the better.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by priscai(m): 8:51am On Mar 09, 2016
Hello everyone ...mums and dads. I have been reading through post and it 's been so helpful and encouraging.

We intend having our baby precisely Houston by August ending, could anyone help us with affordable hospital package so we can start contacting them as well plan ahead.

Thanks for your your upcoming response. This forum has made things easier for so many family. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 09, 2016
ZillyO:

Na real comot sleep o, as I dream of PTA and form A, na so my hubby to dey dream am.
We never receive any news from the form A applications, and the PTA application in Jaiz and stanbic too no news.
We are able to apply for stanbic PTA because it's online, for that fidelity na wahala cos so far away from lagos. I was able to apply at Jaiz last week cos I had an official trip to Abj and I used the oprot to open acct and all.
I have also opened acc with fidelity but hiw I wish I have a contact to call/ send my documents to for application.
May God help us o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 9:14am On Mar 09, 2016
This your question.. Houston? i understand asking about hospitals in Wyoming, Nebraska, Oregon, Maine, Utah etc not Houston. Please read well before you enter one chance. even if its just the last 10 pages.
priscai:
Hello everyone ...mums and dads. I have been reading through post and it 's been so helpful and encouraging.

We intend having our baby precisely Houston by August ending, could anyone help us with affordable hospital package so we can start contacting them as well plan ahead.

Thanks for your your upcoming response. This forum has made things easier for so many family. Thanks a bunch.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 9:17am On Mar 09, 2016
ZillyO great research!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tjelta: 9:53am On Mar 09, 2016
tjelta:
Hello House,
Please any mama going to LA around june and is interested in sharing accomodation, a two bedroom apartment in inglewood should send me a personal msg. Price is about $2500. Thank you to all the people that have been a blessing in this forum.

We spilt the $2500 but we share toilet and kitchen. it is about 6mins to the doctor and 18 mins to St Francis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 10:13am On Mar 09, 2016
bigfido:
Thank you Thank you Lord, Thank you Lord for everything you have done!! Let somebody shout Jesus! LO came through today! Mother and child doing fantastically well! I can't thank God enough..

Congratulations!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 11:05am On Mar 09, 2016
I see Dallas taking over from Houston wink

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 11:35am On Mar 09, 2016
overlord77:

Thanks for sharing ZillyO. Please do you know the rate at which they got it? Wifey is due in November and the earlier I got this outta the way, the better.

Overlord77 it's at 197.5 I think you guys should just apply if ur sure of your travel date. You know you need a ticket to get PTA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 11:41am On Mar 09, 2016
cool
omodadi:

Na real comot sleep o, as I dream of PTA and form A, na so my hubby to dey dream am.
We never receive any news from the form A applications, and the PTA application in Jaiz and stanbic too no news.
We are able to apply for stanbic PTA because it's online, for that fidelity na wahala cos so far away from lagos. I was able to apply at Jaiz last week cos I had an official trip to Abj and I used the oprot to open acct and all.
I have also opened acc with fidelity but hiw I wish I have a contact to call/ send my documents to for application.
May God help us o

Omodadi, locate the nearest fidelity irrespective of where you are, tell them you want to apply for PTA, usual response will be that it's not available. Just tell them you want to talk to the TSD Head, let the TSD Head send a mail to the TSD Head in Head office to queue you up. Then keep following up, E go reach u, matter of weeks
Cbn has been bouncing form A Medicals, I applied through diamond bank twice now with my friend and it all bounced. So pursue PTA

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ZillyO: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2016
nefertitiram:

Good one, I think I researched Hopkins Memorial in sulphur spring when I was looking for a place. Their nursery is level II, which is a bit of a concern, in case of incasity. Dey may have to transfer the baby out if there's an emergency and that can rake up bills.

Anyway, na to pray against emergency sha.

Not sure we are talking of same hospital, co incidentally, my host is a pharmacist and immediately I mentioned the hospital she said it's very good and she has worked there before.
I think we have over flogged some hospitals sotee doctors ask us to pay for simple enquiries, that's non sense to me oh. You have the Internet, you know the city you hav people, just Google hospitals 30miles from eg Dallas. You will see the list, then pick and check their ratings, take a pictorial tour in their labour & ICU. Also I'm sure we've all been praying, Trust God to guide you, once your spirit settles for a hospital im sure God must have provided a helper there for u.....Good luck guys

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ChyGucci: 11:56am On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=greatie post=43591758]

Please any one with a Dr F, email or contact should please help me out need it asap. My email omaobidegwu@gmail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2016
evemama:
Congrats, pls some quick questions.

1) did Dr f accept all ur nigerian lab results? Cos from ur breakdown u spent at 260 for lab which I think is good.

2) am also high risk preggy, is that why baby was in nicu for 3 days? Or all babies are just taken there for routine?

Thanks

Yes he accepted some test from naija but ended up doing all d test again!! Just do ur HIV test only instead of paying naija labs n running another test here.. Yes all babies go to "Nics" at oakbend. Goodluck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 11:58am On Mar 09, 2016
ozycy:
I see Dallas taking over from Houston wink

Yesssss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=cinakin post=43501840][/quote]

Lollll I miss being preggy sef!!! It was a nice experience jor!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
ZillyO:
cool

Omodadi, locate the nearest fidelity irrespective of where you are, tell them you want to apply for PTA, usual response will be that it's not available. Just tell them you want to talk to the TSD Head, let the TSD Head send a mail to the TSD Head in Head office to queue you up. Then keep following up, E go reach u, matter of weeks
Cbn has been bouncing form A Medicals, I applied through diamond bank twice now with my friend and it all bounced. So pursue PTA

Thank you so much! Doing that right away
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bizzle6: 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
I used HNMC, everything about the hospital is fine until they Give you their pediatric bill, which in my opinion was too much Other than that it's oK.

uote author=quin9 post=43612617]God bless all the contributors on this thread,@Happybaby,thanks for responding to my first post,you saved me from taking the wrong step.I now feel confident and prepared.
My Question : I found Houston Northwest even cheaper than Oakbend (which is still 2500,i called them yesterday and the lady said they've been back and forth about the price review),thier doctors too are cheap,plz can i get a review from anyone who has used HNMC,i didn't find the ones online very useful,apart from price would Oakbend be a better choice? Thanks.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Zumabeezle: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
suntai:

By the special grace of God you will share your testimony! We no do 50 days fasting for nothing o! Na all our prayers Baba God go answer! No worry urself just relax and prepare for ur bundle of joy....!

Thank u Suntai. I really appreciate the prayer.
Went for the interview and did as was advised. Carried the investment certificate and other statements of account. But was denied under section 214b. the person who interviewed me denied everyone she interviewed. She didn't give one single white sheet in my presence.
Will reapply n pray for God's favour.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by overlord77: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
ZillyO:

Overlord77 it's at 197.5 I think you guys should just apply if ur sure of your travel date. You know you need a ticket to get PTA

Ok, thanks for the info. We will try fidelity. Wifey will be going with our toddler who was also born there then i will be there a week before EDD as I have to go to work here. Will start ticket hunting now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by jossy404: 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hello mama and Papa in the house, you are really doing a great job here helping people.

But please, I applied for B2 visa but on my visa I saw B1/B2.

Please hope this one will not generate questions at POE?
Do I need to send letter of intent to the embassy if am going for medical at any other time?

Note that I declared going for childbirth during interview...

I will appreciate your usual patient in clarifying this to me....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bimdazzle: 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hi all, Dallas hospitals are a little pricey, but I just love the city. Pls has anyone used doctors hospital at white rock lake. How is their service? Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2016
Bimdazzle:
Hi all, Dallas hospitals are a little pricey, but I just love the city. Pls has anyone used doctors hospital at white rock lake. How is their service? Thanks in advance
Afrobrown2000 did.click on his posts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by evemama: 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ok thanks!

neks31:

Yes he accepted some test from naija but ended up doing all d test again!! Just do ur HIV test only instead of paying naija labs n running another test here.. Yes all babies go to "Nics" at oakbend. Goodluck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 1:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
November? Lohun lohun ? We still dey March ocheesy Hian!!!! Oga u no get problem. Not sure they will sell if ur travel date is dat far sha. At least not stanbic, Ecobank and unity.

Traveling in May and they turned down my request or delaying my request on the basis of far travel date.

You never can tell dou, do share if anything cums up.

All the best.

overlord77:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (401)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.