Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (856460 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2015
favoredgal:

Hmm. Na One chance be this!

Thanks
But they check in strollers, car seats etc free for babies
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 12:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
shrekandfiona:

But they check in strollers, car seats etc free for babies

Ba checked in those other stuff for free plus my overweight bags

Dem no try jare.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 1:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
favoredgal:

It's only delta that will carry at more than 36 wks
I travelled at 36 weeks via air France. Let her get the medical report from port health. Anything above 36 weeks is a risk o. Even the 36 weeks sef na risk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
favoredgal:

Ba checked in those other stuff for free plus my overweight bags

Dem no try jare.
True wasn't even impressed with their service
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 1:11pm On Nov 07, 2015
fehinebony:

Very true, flew delta within America with my baby, I asked for an infant seat belt when the fasten belt sign was on, I was told no infant seat belt, I had to extend my seat belt so it could fit us both...
Jeez cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fehinebony(f): 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2015
shrekandfiona:

Jeez cheesy

This happened on 2 different flights within yankee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fehinebony(f): 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
legendsmother:
@amother4life the total was around $3900 please tell me if it's too low so I can look for another thanks

You researched well o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2015
Thanks for d response,@teeton thanks for the info.good afternoon house,how is the weekend going and congratulations to individuals who got their visas,travelled successfully and those who just put to bed.
I have a b1/b2 visa which expires today doing a drop off next week.i don't hv a doctor's correspondence and I hv not spoken to any doctor.my budget is between 5k -7k,i have not heard of burden of proof .my brothers and mum are in minnesota but will consider other states maybe houston or atlanta it seems their bills are lesser from what hv been reading here.
I have a question regarding the renewal,should I write to the embassy about change of intent when dropping off or get the visa then write to them later when am about travelling that am going to have my baby in the US
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by PetMe13: 2:09pm On Nov 07, 2015
@legendsmother i sent u a pm oh. U said u ignor most PMs but dont ignor mine a beg (not an agent), u can check my history on this thread. Thanks in advance

legendsmother:
@amother4life the total was around $3900 please tell me if it's too low so I can look for another thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by PetMe13: 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
There are way cheaper doctors at WHMC. I used Dr Jeanie Huynh last December and her fee was 2000$ whether CS or normal delivery. Plus she accepted all my tests.

ozycy:

WHMC, I droff my cap for for this una price.
They ve so so increased their prices eh Chai. Even all their doctors have increased prices. Foreigners especially Nigerians (not only nairalanders) have bombarded the place eh. I can rmber the social worker telling me that in every 10 birth certificate she registers in a day, 8 are Nigerians lol. Thank GOD I ran to OMC this time and I don't have any regret. Just ranting grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 07, 2015
Please, house, I need clarification about this notary thing, I notarized my DS form from naija from a notary public as hubby won't be coming and am to have my baby in Atlanta georgia, please will it be accepted plus do I still need a written and signed letter from Hubby in addition to the notarized consent form? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by customised87: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
jumman:
Please, house, I need clarification about this notary thing, I notarized my DS form from naija from a notary public as hubby won't be coming and am to have my baby in Atlanta georgia, please will it be accepted plus do I still need a written and signed letter from Hubby in addition to the notarized consent form? Thanks

Yes,you do need a consent letter signed by both u and ur hubby for application of Nig visa/passport. You only need the notorised consent form for the baby's US passport but i cant answer whether the pre signed form is accepted in Atlanta or not. Another mama should be able to do that. But if its not accepted,you can simply tell ur husband to sign another at the embassy when u give birth and send it through courier to u in Atl.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
anizi:

Ok, thank you. Mine started after delivery, the pain is out of this world oh, thank God when it hurts its just for few secs. My dr said mine has gone on for too long (6 months)so i need to see an orthopedic dr

So sorry dear. Had same pain on my right wrist, worse when trying to lift something. Started 6 weeks post partum and lasted for about 6 months. Did an x-ray and all, nothing came up. Just had to manage it.

You might want to see the Orthopedic surgeon. If nothing is wrong, then you will have to learn to cope with it till it gets better. Ndooh eh.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2015
legendsmother:
@ebonychic18 my dear nor b here o there are some names I sha trust na dem I reply o d rest I just dey ignore more than 15 already I read d lst issues of agents nd afraid cash me o, Yes it's a Birth plan and it's a non profit hospital I even called and they said they don't do medicaid I asked if they have hidden charges d woman even got angry sef I con dey beg so I guess they are ok will keep searching though

Nice package you've got.

I'll advise you use a reasonably priced hospital for your visa interview (not less than 5k) and port later. If the hospital is in a different city/state, you might want to inform the embassy about the change of plan before travelling. That was what I did.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2015
teefex:
Thanks for d response,@teeton thanks for the info.good afternoon house,how is the weekend going and congratulations to individuals who got their visas,travelled successfully and those who just put to bed.
I have a b1/b2 visa which expires today doing a drop off next week.i don't hv a doctor's correspondence and I hv not spoken to any doctor.my budget is between 5k -7k,i have not heard of burden of proof .my brothers and mum are in minnesota but will consider other states maybe houston or atlanta it seems their bills are lesser from what hv been reading here.
I have a question regarding the renewal,should I write to the embassy about change of intent when dropping off or get the visa then write to them later when am about travelling that am going to have my baby in the US
When filling your ds 160 choose the one that includes medical,I Believe its B2 though both b1 and 2 comeme together finally.
After u get the visa, then notify them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by customised87: 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2015
favoredgal:
I think BA is the friendliest when it comes to women with babies with excess luggage. I dint pay an extra dime despite the fact that my two bags were overweight.

Infact the guy asked me to check in my hand luggage for free so all I had was my baby bag

Another friend said the same as well

I dont share that sentiment though. I flew BA with my baby in March and i was made o pay 200$ for my 3rd 23kg bag which i felt should be baby's luggage. I called BA severally before my travel date and i was told over the phone that my baby is entitled to a 23kg bag,a stroller and a car seat, only for me to get to the airport and they said thats a misinformation. I even asked at BA desk in Heathrow and they said baby ain't entitled to any luggage. The thing pain me ehn,i swore never to fly BA again for misinforming me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
customised87:

I dont share that sentiment though. I flew BA with my baby in March and i was made o pay 200$ for my 3rd 23kg bag which i felt should be baby's luggage. I called BA severally before my travel date and i was told over the phone that my baby is entitled to a 23kg bag,a stroller and a car seat, only for me to get to the airport and they said thats a misinformation. I even asked at BA desk in Heathrow and they said baby ain't entitled to any luggage. The thing pain me ehn,i swore never to fly BA again for misinforming me.

Wow! That's a first. My baby was entitled to one checked in 23kg bag, stroller and car seat. I'm really surprised.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2015
Phema:

So sorry dear. Had same pain on my right wrist, worse when trying to lift something. Started 6 weeks post partum and lasted for about 6 months. Did an x-ray and all, nothing came up. Just had to manage it.

You might want to see the Orthopedic surgeon. If nothing is wrong, then you will have to learn to cope with it till it gets better. Ndooh eh.

I had it too postpartum, I didn't know it even had name. It's very excruciating. I only used a bandage to manage it and ignore it till it reduced.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
customised87:

Was ur final stop london or Nigeria?

I ask because it's not every country that is entitled to two bags.... A lot of countries are entitled to only one bag. So maybe the second bag was for the baby

Otherwise it's on their website/ on the ticket. You should'v have opened their website and show them. Or written customer service and pursued till U got a refund
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
customised87:

I flew BA in April and my baby had a 25kg (it's 23kg but they allow up to 25) bag. So we had 7 bags in total. Hubby, me, son & daughter (shey she paid for ticket). The person attending to you was a jjc. I would usually ask to see a supervisor because I won't pay. I will even go as far as showing them on their website.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
I used Dr Elizabeth baily. I know from naija an doing c-section. I don't know what u mean when she booked for the cs. She did mine at 38weeks quote author=zoemummy post=39760664]

Thanks Enyinne. Please which doc did you use? La or Torres or ? At how many weeks was she booked for the CS? Thanks. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2015
I hv u check ur pulse?? What number is it?? That will help answer the question better. Cos I might feel as if ur having racing heart when actually d reading is still within range. I hv felt that before thru my pregnancy but it later subsided. It happened in my 3rd trimester.
shrekandfiona:

Is your BP normal? There's a pregnancy thread in the health section where your question can be asked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
favoredgal:

Aw.... It will probably go 3/4 weeks after the baby comes

That what happened to me with my firsts baby. Wasn't funny at all

The pain is like contractions on the wrist. Snd this my baby her grand ma's have spoilt her, she always wants to be carried.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by teefex: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
Thank u so much u have been really helpful .pls will I need a statement of account for d b2 because I heard renewal doesn't need that, just passport photograph,visa fee and Nigerian passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2015
legendsmother:
@ebonychic18 my dear nor b here o there are some names I sha trust na dem I reply o d rest I just dey ignore more than 15 already I read d lst issues of agents nd afraid cash me o, Yes it's a Birth plan and it's a non profit hospital I even called and they said they don't do medicaid I asked if they have hidden charges d woman even got angry sef I con dey beg so I guess they are ok will keep searching though

@legendsmother that's great then nice package. In case you don't have visa yet, do as phema said. Don't use it for visa purposes, Use another then port. Lol @ the number of pms you've gotten cheesy no dulling at all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by customised87: 4:49pm On Nov 07, 2015
favoredgal:

Was ur final stop london or Nigeria?

I ask because it's not every country that is entitled to two bags.... A lot of countries are entitled to only one bag. So maybe the second bag was for the baby

Otherwise it's on their website/ on the ticket. You should'v have opened their website and show them. Or written customer service and pursued till U got a refund

My final stop was Nigeria. I wrote dre customer service and they said the same thing and that they are sorry i was misinformed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by customised87: 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
bbaby84:

I flew BA in April and my baby had a 25kg (it's 23kg but they allow up to 25) bag. So we had 7 bags in total. Hubby, me, son & daughter (shey she paid for ticket). The person attending to you was a jjc. I would usually ask to see a supervisor because I won't pay. I will even go as far as showing them on their website.

I checked in very late that the plane almost left without me sef while trying to sort it at the airport. So i had to pay hoping i ll clarify it when i got to Heathrow but i was also told dre that no baby is entitled to any luggage. I was so angry.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by customised87: 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2015
teefex:
Thank u so much u have been really helpful .pls will I need a statement of account for d b2 because I heard renewal doesn't need that, just passport photograph,visa fee and Nigerian passport.

No,you wont
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Dentale(m): 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
Thanks @Favouredgal and Shrek. I'm actually flying at 35 weeks plus 5 days which I extrapolated to 36 weeks. So no need to get from my Doctor sef. Good news about Port health. This under 4K package is very juicy o!!! Wish I could change course at this late hour.
@ whiteroses u harsh o cheesy so no answer without the embassy and POE story? Some people are embassy "guests" na. Them no get visa problem at all. POE stories are always fun though. My last POE story was too boring to share. I was bored, the CBP guy was bored.. We were done in no time cheesy
@Chicagobound, congrats and goodluck with your POE

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by whiiteroses(f): 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
teefex:

Please start speaking with a doctor right away to know their fees, hospital fees etc. Since your doing the dropbox I suggest u get a doctor's correspondence, budget sheet, and burden of proof ready for POE. check page 105 of part 1.

Some people were deported back to naija because they were not fully prepared. Read POE stories too, this thread is all about speaking the truth.
Read, read and read part 1 rigorously, to avoid stories that touch. Hmm. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by whiiteroses(f): 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
@Dentale, Lool, na them sabi o, na d small contribution wey I fit do na I do so grin
Hope baby is kicking well cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by OsyCollins(m): 5:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
Tobermom:

No problem at all. I didnt do a nigerian visa, i did a passport and didnt use any agent. Just applied online, bought money order of 77 and an extra 30 for processing fee and took to the nigerian consulate

Thanks, they got the BC & Naija passport yesterday but couldn't go to the US passport office. I want to find out which exact office did u get d US passport from (in 24 working hours) ? Cos they went online for appointment & got 13th Nov & she said they claimed it takes 5 working days after the appointment. While the post office said 3--4 weeks. Just need a Lil guidelines on d US passport ASAP, sorry for always bugging you, guess you are the one closer home the most wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (401)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.