Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535885 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by geolan(m): 10:52am On Jun 03, 2016
nairacountry:

PoppyWasiu, having 1.3m bal. isn't a guarantee for landing visiting visa but a good step towards.
Answer these questions :
*How long have you being working in the coy that pays your salary of 100k+ ?
* Has your salary being consistently transferred from the coy acct to the salary account statement you have the 1.3m for the past 6months + ?
* have you made any cash deposit of more than half of your salary in the past 6months? If yes, wat for and any supporting docs?
* Will your coy give you the following letters
- leave letter
- a copy of your payee and pay slip
- your last promotion,employment,appreciation letters
* what budget are you working on (flight, accommodation, feeding, site seeing, shopping etc)
* Married with kids?
* any other income apart from salary (income on rent, dividends, fixed deposit)
* do you possess property(ies)?
Give a sincere response to the above, then the gurus will advice accordingly
Cheers

The bolded isn't looking good @ all.
Your account stmnt MUST be included and there should be substantial amount of money in it as a pointer that you are currently productive in Nigeria and would come back to continue productivity.

Your picture as of now to the ECO, no matter how sincere you might be about coming back, will be; a young mobile graduate (single) want to 'visit' UK from a Third World country with high level of unemployment. Why would s/he want to come back?!
Honestly, you have no stated tie to your country and MAY not be granted a visit visa.

im a fresh graduate and unlike other developed countries where you can work and school at the same time conveniently, im not working but i now have a sponsor here in Nigeria who is ready to drop his bank statement for the process. What do you think
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by geolan(m): 10:55am On Jun 03, 2016
justwise:

You need to include your bank statement and proof your tie to Nigeria, your sponsor's account alone will not work though important but you still need to proof your tie to your home country.
oh thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 11:28am On Jun 03, 2016
anikkyshaya:

Thanks sir, definitely d employer is going to give her leave letter states start date and returning to work from d leave, as have said b4 that d only asset she has is landed property. Is that enough? If not what other things she can get now apart from d ones u mention as I want to put in for her in August. Thanks once again sir.

I think she stands a better chance sponsoring herself, the amount she needs should be like 300k and since she has 1m in her account, its perfect. She should collect letters from her employer and you should also write a letter to say you will be the one to cover accommodation and feeding.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
customised87:

I think she stands a better chance sponsoring herself, the amount she needs should be like 300k and since she has 1m in her account, its perfect. She should collect letters from her employer and [/b]you should also write a letter to say you will be the one to cover accommodation and feeding.[b]

With the bolded done (even half way done coz annikyshaya would provide more than a letter), then she is no more sponsoring herself.
Annikyshaya, please be diligent in going about this. Do not ruin the opportunity. There is no rule that says you can't accommodate and feed your sister while on a wedding shopping spree in UK. She has good ties back home just be sure you provide her adequate docs from your end and I bet it, she will land d visit visa in no time. All the best

geolan:

im a fresh graduate and [b][/b]unlike other developed countries [b][/b]where you can work and school at the same time conveniently, im not working but i now have a sponsor here in Nigeria who is ready to drop his bank statement for the process. What do you think

UK where you intend to 'visit' falls into the bolded while you don't have any ties back home in Nigeria.
Simply you may not be granted a visit visa.

Who do you want to visit?
Why would you want to visit rather than continue your search for a better tomorrow (job, further education) back home in Nigeria?
Why would someone want to sponsor your visit/holiday?
Why vacation wen you have not worked?
These are some of the questions the ECO would want answers to before making a decision on your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by anikkyshaya: 12:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
customised87:

I think she stands a better chance sponsoring herself, the amount she needs should be like 300k and since she has 1m in her account, its perfect. She should collect letters from her employer and you should also write a letter to say you will be the one to cover accommodation and feeding.

Thanks, ok since everyone said I should let her sponsor herself, i will support her with accommodate and feeding since is going to be staying with me. Thanks to everyone that has contributed so far. God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by anikkyshaya: 1:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
nairacountry:

With the bolded done (even half way done coz annikyshaya would provide more than a letter), then she is no more sponsoring herself.
Annikyshaya, please be diligent in going about this. Do not ruin the opportunity. There is no rule that says you can't accommodate and feed your sister while on a wedding shopping spree in UK. She has good ties back home just be sure you provide her adequate docs from your end and I bet it, she will land d visit visa in no time. All the best

Thanks , these are d documents am planning to give her:

Passport photo page
Page of my status
Visiting letter
Letter from employers
Bank statement
Payslip
Tenants agreement
Supporting statement

I hope all dis with her own documents results to VISA grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
anikkyshaya:

Passport photo page
Page of my status
Visiting letter
Letter from employers
Bank statement
Payslip
Tenants agreement
Supporting statement

Hope you have same surname. You could add some social communication (mail, whatsapp etc) between you both to that.
What docs from her end? She should major on everything ties to naija, everything.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 1:48pm On Jun 03, 2016
do u bear same last name ?

anikkyshaya:

Passport photo page
Page of my status
Visiting letter
Letter from employers
Bank statement
Payslip
Tenants agreement
Supporting statement

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oyin3: 2:34pm On Jun 03, 2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by valeroso: 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hi guys. I need your help once again. My dad is sponsoring my trip to the UK. Problem is he transfers his salary from his current account to some other account. This would me that there is insufficient funds in his salary account. Do I have to present both his salary account and the other savings account with funds?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
lekansola:

I was issue 6month visa Last week after 3 refusal and with virgin passport.
Let us see your Budget first.

My budget:

Ticket- 215k
Hotel- 72k for 10nights
Transportation(Metro)-50k
Feeding-100k
Shopping-100k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
ancestorial:

My budget:

Ticket- 215k
Hotel- 72k for 10nights
Transportation(Metro)-50k
Feeding-100k
Shopping-100k

Hotel or hostel or BnB?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2016
justwise:

Hotel or hostel or BnB?

Guest House
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 5:10pm On Jun 03, 2016
ancestorial:

Guest House

Guest house in d uk for £15 per nights?! shocked grin
op, you should have learned from your deported brothers mistake nah.
Simply book a pay on arrival at booking.com and be sure your other docs are 'confirmed ok' before your application to the UK Embassy. Dem no be moimoi like US consul oh. Be warned of 10years Ò my brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2016
ancestorial:

Guest House

About £20 a night? In London?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dotcomnamename: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
justwise:

About £20 a night? In London?

Hello Justwise, still waiting here O! grin https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas/20
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2016
ancestorial:
Pls kindly enlighten me house, what are the chances of getting a UK visit visa with these documents.
Letter of appointment
Confirmation of appointment
Last promotion
Statement of account with 1.3 as closing balance
Marriage cert
Wedding pixs and naming pix
Birth cert of kid
Introd letter from work
C of O, land deeds
Virgin passport
Work Id card.
A buget of 500k for the trip with over 200k salary per month for a 10day trip.

If there is any relevant document, you can specify, pls.

You have everything bro,just include the tax clearance as it was suggested and toned down your travel expenses to around 400k or less.....the ECO will see someone expending 500k on holiday in 10 days as unrealistic.trust my judgment on this one...All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
Solatium:

You have everything bro,just include the tax clearance as it was suggested and toned down your travel expenses to around 400k or less.....the ECO will see someone expending 500k on holiday in 10 days as unrealistic.trust my judgment on this one...All the best

Why tax clearance as an employee?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
For a visit visa.....
depending on whom you are visiting...... then i can suggest with documents.... so who are u visiting and purpose

ancestorial:
Pls kindly enlighten me house, what are the chances of getting a UK visit visa with these documents.
Letter of appointment
Last promotion
Marriage cert
Birth cert of kid
Introd letter from work
C of O, land deeds
Virgin passport
Work Id card.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by valeroso: 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2016
valeroso:
Hi guys. I need your help once again. My dad is sponsoring my trip to the UK. Problem is he transfers his salary from his current account to some other account. This would me that there is insufficient funds in his salary account. Do I have to present both his salary account and the other savings account with funds?

Thanks.

Hi Justwise. Hi Tunderule2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2016
valeroso:

Thanks.

What do you do for work?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2016
nairacountry:

Guest house in d uk for £15 per nights?! shocked grin
op, you should have learned from your deported brothers mistake nah.
Simply book a pay on arrival at booking.com and be sure your other docs are 'confirmed ok' before your application to the UK Embassy. Dem no be moimoi like US consul oh. Be warned of 10years Ò my brother

My docs are confirmed Ok and what lessons are there 2 learn from your deported brothers?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
[quote author=tunderule2016 post=46247552]For a visit visa.....
depending on whom you are visiting...... then i can suggest with documents.... so who are u visiting and purpose

For tourism purpose
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2016
[quote author=justwise post=46247514]

Why tax clearance as an employee?

As an employee, I don't tink I need tax clearance but payslip...I stand to be corrected though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dotcomnamename: 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
justwise:

What do you do for work?

Replied, Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by anikkyshaya: 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
tunderule2016:
do u bear same last name ?

Yes, same surname
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
Wedding pics and naming pics are not essential but if you want to add it is fine...

If you are employed, you will need the following:
o Letter confirming your employment
 This letter needs to be on a company letterhead
 Needs to be dated
 Needs to state all contact details of your employer
 Needs to state your starting date of employment
 Needs to confirm that permission for leave has been granted
o Confirming travel dates
o Payslips (ideally last 6 )

If looking to rent straight away:
 Any correspondence from UK letting agency
www.9flats.com is also recommended as a means to find accommodation

If staying initially at a B ‘n B or hotel:
 Reservation confirmation showing dates booked and contact details

But if not straight away.... booking.com

Provisional or paid flight booking
 Confirming expected departure date
 Provision flights are free flight bookings only valid for 24 hours

because u spending 10 days does not matter... i always tell applicants to show funds that will cover two months... hence, 500k is alright for 10 days ..
 6 month original bank statements

 Additional supporting funds (optional)
o Car registration papers and/or car evaluation
o Confirmation of property ownership – including rates bill
o Investments and/or savings

include every other document u listed

Goodluck...

Letter of appointment
Last promotion
Marriage cert
Birth cert of kid
Introd letter from work
C of O, land deeds
Virgin passport
Work Id card.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
Yes to be on the safer side provide all the account and in the application form with a brief sentence state that your dad makes transfer regularly from in salary account to the other account. I will also feel your dad should include that in is sponsor letter that he is taking full responsibility of your trip and due to personal reasons he transfer funds from is salary account to other account.

Good luck bruv

valeroso:

Thanks.

valeroso:

Hi Justwise. Hi Tunderule2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by valeroso: 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2016
justwise:

What do you do for work?

I am a student sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.