Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,420 members, 7,830,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535677 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2016
zoomzu:

I am greatful. One more thing, I intend to travel in October. Is it not too early to begin my application now. Submission will be month end or first week of July.

To me August seems more appropriate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:13am On Jun 04, 2016
nairacountry:

Justwise, a pound is now 500/505 as of today in the open market where the guy will surely get his PTA.
Therefore the said #72,000 will be £144 by 10days it comes to £14/nite.

That makes sense now...though I feel cheated as the guy I used recently to send money home gave me 400 and still charged me £5 for sending it. smh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 11:37am On Jun 04, 2016
justwise:

That makes sense now...though I feel cheated as the guy I used recently to send money home gave me 400 and still charged me £5 for sending it. smh

If your recently was before the deregulation / price moduration of PMS, then that 400 is fair enough. I changed my remaining pounds 421/£ wen I came back in April. Had I known...... grin however D children school fees wouldn't lemme know self

Wich side of London/UK tu e?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:45am On Jun 04, 2016
nairacountry:

If your recently was before the deregulation / price moduration of PMS, then that 400 is fair enough. I changed my remaining pounds 421/£ wen I came back in April. Had I known...... grin however D children school fees wouldn't lemme know self

Wich side of London/UK tu e?

Recently was last week..in fact i have been using him to send money since Dec last year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
justwise:

Recently was last week..in fact i have been using him to send money since Dec last year.

lipsrsealed s/he is greedy. Albeit some would have fled with the entire dough, so be careful as you take steps in changing him/her. Goodluck wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
[quote author=nairacountry post=46262572]

Justwise, a pound is now 500/505 as of today in the open market where the guy will surely get his PTA.

Thanks nairacounty for your concern,,,for your information, I am not using any agent whatsoever for my application, cos one bitten, twice shy. I got dat hotel from booking.com. The Lodge Guest house.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ronvlaar: 2:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
Hello guys,
Was here to ask few questions sometime ago and I really appreciate the swift response I got that day.

Now the letter of invitation from my big sis in the UK is ready and I'll be getting it during the coming week. I'll be using a reliable agent (recommended by my sis) for the online thing and to fix a date for me to visit the embassy.

My questions now:
I'm working here in Nigeria and also a Part time MSc student and I plan to visit and spend just 14days but my salary here isn't that much (tho my big sis will apparently be taking care of all my expenses there, accommodation, feeding, shopping n all). Is it possible I use someone else's (Nigerian based) statement of account as my sponsor to the UK as mine won't meet up??
Or can my big sis over there send her statement of account indicating she'd be responsible for everything??

Should I get a letter from my school in addition to my work place??

Pls I need to know so I'll know what to do before I visit the embassy, thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 2:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
Travel insurance is not important ..

anikkyshaya:

Thank! Thanks!! Thanks!!! Is very clear to me now. But what about travel insurance sir ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 2:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
Please look into platinum card with Access bank ... it seems to be a good option . they charge CBN exchange rate for any transaction...

OMO men... 500/505 this is outrageous...

[quote author=ancestorial post=46268597][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
ronvlaar:
Hello guys,
Was here to ask few questions sometime ago and I really appreciate the swift response I got that day.

Now the letter of invitation from my big sis in the UK is ready and I'll be getting it during the coming week. I'll be using a reliable agent (recommended by my sis) for the online thing and to fix a date for me to visit the embassy.

My questions now:
I'm working here in Nigeria and also a Part time MSc student and I plan to visit and spend just 14days but my salary here isn't that much (tho my big sis will apparently be taking care of all my expenses there, accommodation, feeding, shopping n all). Is it possible I use someone else's (Nigerian based) statement of account as my sponsor to the UK as mine won't meet up??
Or can my big sis over there send her statement of account indicating she'd be responsible for everything??

Should I get a letter from my school in addition to my work place??

Pls I need to know so I'll know what to do before I visit the embassy, thanks in anticipation.

If we answer all these questions then what will you be paying the agent for?

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ronvlaar: 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2016
If we answer all these questions then what will you be paying the agent for?[b][/b]

According to what I was told, the agent will only fill the forms online and use his card to pay the fees, that's what prompted me to ask those questions, just trying to be on a safer side.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2016
ronvlaar:
If we answer all these questions then what will you be paying the agent for?[b][/b]

According to what I was told, the agent will only fill the forms online and use his card to pay the fees, that's what prompted me to ask those questions, just trying to be on a safer side.
How much are you paying for him doing just that.

Then how much will you pay us for giving you info

No be only agent wan make money. grin

Read read read.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
ronvlaar:

Bros if you can type here On Nairaland, you can fill the form by yourself and use your MasterCard or visacard for the payment. You can get all the necessary info here. Just read wide.

[quote author=ancestorial post=46268597][/quote]

That's great my brother. You don't need any incompetent guy to cause you any damage by filling application for you. You have good & sound docs honestly, don't let any body put sounds for your garri.
All the best sir. Update us as it goes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ronvlaar: 6:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
Alright, thanks guy..
Will keep y'all updated!!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iamosamede55: 7:32am On Jun 05, 2016
Good dag all,pls i want to confirm what the price of visa fee is for a 6month visting visa. It was shown on thier website as £87 or $132. I don't knw which exchange rate the British embassy works it. Pls anyone that applied recently should kindly furnish me with this information. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 7:44am On Jun 05, 2016
nairacountry:

Please, if am not getting you wrong, Is it that naira is now coming up again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 9:00am On Jun 05, 2016
Happy sunday to u all.

I'm packaging my SOA for visiting visa application by December. Bt recently i have been working out of Lagos and i receive outstation allowance and expense claim from my company. This money is about 350k in a month, it doesn't reflect on my salary payslip cos it is paid separately. Please How do i explain this kind of lodgment? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
iamosamede55:
Good dag all,pls i want to confirm what the price of visa fee is for a 6month visting visa. It was shown on thier website as £87 or $132. I don't knw which exchange rate the British embassy works it. Pls anyone that applied recently should kindly furnish me with this information. Thanks

The exchange rate will be that of your bank but NOT d embassy, so check with the bank you intend debit. You can check with abokifx.com for various Banks current rates

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
Coming up ke? cheesy I pray sooo....
Naira is getting weaker cry against the dollar since the PMS importers/ independent marketers were asked to source for forex outside of CBN couple with the Flexible Exchange Rate (allow the market determine forex xchange rate) adopted at the last Monetary Policy Making meeting.
cry
Whatamidoinghere:

Please, if am not getting you wrong, Is it that naira is now coming up again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
rinw:
Happy sunday to u all.

I'm packaging my SOA for visiting [/b]visa application by December[b]. Bt recently i have been working out of Lagos and i receive outstation allowance and expense claim from my company. This money is about 350k in a month, it doesn't reflect on my salary payslip cos it is paid separately. Please How do i explain this kind of lodgment? Thanks

If the said amount is more than your salary, it is a serious red flag. I presumed you weren't t even taxed on it.
If by December, starting from this June, you can instruct your Account Section to pay with the appropriate tag of "outstation allowance" (while drawing the payroll) which is actually how they were supposed to credit/pay in the first place.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
Happy Sunday guys,

Please in a senerio where a couple(husband & wife) use a joint account as appeared on their bank statement, but it is the wife who is related to u(an aunty) but it is the husband who is working and getting the money, they both agreed on sponsoring you on a visiting visa.

Questions.

1) What is required of both of them?

2) In a secrion of the income, Where u have a question like....What is the relationship of the person paying towards the cost of your trip? How do u answer that.

3) Do the both couples need to write separate sponsor letter, after the husband has promised to provide his working document?

4)What are other supporting docs they need to provide from their side?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 11:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
Hello house...

I submitted application on the 25th of May in Ikeja for a 2year visit visa and did NOT pay for priority service (after my bank charged me 185k for visa fee my eyes became very very red smiley )...

I have to be in another European country by Friday for work...and would need to get my passport back by Wednesday at the latest... has anyone had this issue before?

I know I can ask for my passport back and forfeit the visa fee paid but does anyone know how long it takes to get the passport back?

I'd let the house know whatever happens in my case so it can help someone else later.

I really appreciate the great work done here. This forum has been really helpful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
nairacountry:
Coming up ke? cheesy I pray sooo....
Naira is getting weaker cry against the dollar since the PMS importers/ independent marketers were asked to source for forex outside of CBN couple with the Flexible Exchange Rate (allow the market determine forex xchange rate) adopted at the last Monetary Policy Making meeting.
cry
*sigh*
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by anikkyshaya: 1:58am On Jun 06, 2016
tunderule2016:
Travel insurance is not important ..

Ok, thanks sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by anikkyshaya: 2:00am On Jun 06, 2016
nairacountry:

You & your sister have ALL necessary DIY info on the docs et al requirements to land her visa, so go for it right away and come back with testimony.

By the way, always inquire here about anything before making payments to any vendor. As justwise rightly said, travel insurance cert like TB clearance not a criteria for UK granting visit visa. It pains me seeing the so called travel agents making applicants spend money for unnecessary things! Please don't let them add anything outside all we have enumerated up here to your application.

Understood sir, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 8:23am On Jun 06, 2016
justwise:

That figure need to be in £s because that is the currency you will be spending on.

Use oanda to convert it then budget the actual cost of the trip and see if you can afford it without spending more than 2months of your income from all source...your wife's income does not account here.

If the business is registered and tax paid on earnings then that will make your case alot easier to present.

God bless you sir. The business is reg with tax clearance docs intact. But my question again is which is best way to go about it; transferring money in bulk from the company's account to my salary account OR doing it in form of salary? And do I need to provide the company's statement of account as well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 11:55am On Jun 06, 2016
youseuph:

God bless you sir. The business is reg with tax clearance docs intact. But my question again is which is best way to go about it; transferring money in bulk from the company's account to my salary account OR doing it in form of salary? And do I need to provide the company's statement of account as well?

The little I get from a background check I can summarize as below;
1. You were denied based on insufficient balance as at Nov 2015
2. Now you want to apply as a civil servant with 150k/month PLUS ownership in a registered coy were you get 100k per month with 50% share on profit.

The reason you were denied can be worked on if for the last 6months, your pharmaceutical company has being crediting your account monthly with the said 100k and also a transfer of the share in profit has hit your account. save it's once a year you share profit (Such be stated in additional info on other income).
Don't get it twisted, your income from d govt is your monthly income. The income from d pharmacy is "additional paid jobs or occupation" and "your job description /title" is Director.
"Do you have income... ....shares" YES
Paid as 50% on profit from xyz pharma coy

As for the sufficient money in your coy acct, DO NOT TRANSFER except as 50% share of profit.
Also, you will submit 1.the coy Corp acct with 2.a letter from the banker presenting you as a director and a signatory to the account. 3.Another letter from the board (duely signed and stamped) recognizing you as a board member and recommending you to be sponsored for the training which will promote the general interest of the coy at large for d provision competent service to the numerous clients/patients. 4. Your salary account with govt 5. Your salary account from d pharmacy 6. Economy ties land,car docs 7. Social ties children birth cert, marriage cert, family pictures, wife letter of consent ( cheesy not compulsory though) 8.trainig docs 9. Flight and hotel booked (not paid for), 9. CAC registration docs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
youseuph:

Leave your money as its in your company's account and submit it together with your current or savings account, there is no need moving money around now its too late.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 11:36pm On Jun 06, 2016
@Justwise, Vicj,FPL and others pls help
Please in a senerio where a couple(husband & wife) use a joint account as appeared on their bank statement, but it is the wife who is related to u(an aunty) but it is the husband who is working and getting the money, they both agreed on sponsoring you on a visiting visa.
Questions.
1) What is required of both of them?
2) In the income section of the visa application, Where u have a question like....What is the relationship of the person paying towards the cost of your trip? How do u answer that.
3) Do the both couples need to write separate sponsor letter, after the husband has promised to provide his working document?
4)What are other supporting docs they need to provide from their side?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dtraveler: 12:46am On Jun 07, 2016
I have previously applied and successfully gotten 6 months, 2 years visas, and considering going for a 5years visa.

I want to ask 2 questions from the house.

1. My passport which i got about 9 months ago has about 4years plus to expire, how will this work?

2. During application, I was asked if I had any criminal case pending. I actually do, but I want to know if this will affect my application. You see, I was owing my landlord and he got me involved with the police and didn't bulge and the case is still going through trial, obviously this is a civil case, but it's been on for since 2014... Is it wise to state this on my application or simply to ignore it?

Thank you. Appreciate you guys a great deal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wecgreatnaija(m): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2016
pls house, I have an health challenge that have not been solved here, and I have read testimonials abroad, so I want to travel to London for treatment. it's my first time, I have a relative there who has requested for Nigerian doctors' reports. so pls what else do I need and how do I start? as this ailment is life threatening, it's urgent, I will be responsible for the costs all through. thks

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.