Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535897 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by anikkyshaya: 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2016
nairacountry:

Amount available for the trip and the categories she is to spend it on. Let the chunk of the budget be for her wedding shopping.

I am of the opinion that she (annikyshaya) sponsor in the aspects of feeding and accommodation while she stake her savings on flight and shopping(afterall she has being saving for her coming wedding). Reason being that she would need budget more than 6/7months salary if she is to be On Her Own. Flight alone should be around 2months plus of her salary.
The ECO would mind why she want to spend 7m
onths salaries on 'visitation'

I will let you know d out come of everything. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2016
kelljuili:
Yes I studied in UK and return to Nigeria and now want to go back for graduation.

Ok, your daddy sponsoring will not be a prob then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:31am On Jun 02, 2016
abeylevels:
Hello folks,
My company is sponsoring me for a training in the UK. I have had some visa refusals in the past.
Is it advisable to get an immigration lawyer to handle my application?

Has anyone out there used immigration lawyer for situations like this and they were successful?

Is the immigration lawyer required to write directly to the British embassy on my behalf?

What are the specific documents that can score me high chances of getting the visa approved.

Guys please help, this training is important to me

Thanks

Why were you refused in the past?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2016
sassybee:
@Justwise and @Kelljuili: im in the same situation, i wanna go back for my graduation but i would sponsoring myself. i have the money required in account that i have been building up for a while(no large deposits, recently sha) but i am currently unemployed. I have been to the uk 2ce before while employed. I really dont have any explanation or evidence to provide for the funds in my account; its just savings and from siblings. i hope this wont be a problem, being unemployed and all. what do you suggest i say?

Please house, how do i go about this application? every suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I remember you from 2013 UK student visa thread..how time fly...

You can use the same sponsor who sponsored your studies since you are not working yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 7:55am On Jun 02, 2016
justwise:

You need to do your budget first and see how much it will cost you...breakdown of the all the expenses..

Thank you Oga justwise

By my estimate I plan to spend 700k
The Exam I am going for is a 2 day exam, so intend to stay in the Uk for 5 days.

As for my business account is it allowed to transfer a huge amount of money from the business account to my personal account? Remember I said the business is owned by myself and a friend and we are both going for the same Exam.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 11:25am On Jun 02, 2016
Pls kindly enlighten me house, what are the chances of getting a UK visit visa with these documents.
Letter of appointment
Confirmation of appointment
Last promotion
Statement of account with 1.3 as closing balance
Marriage cert
Wedding pixs and naming pix
Birth cert of kid
Introd letter from work
C of O, land deeds
Virgin passport
Work Id card.
A buget of 500k for the trip with over 200k salary per month for a 10day trip.

If there is any relevant document, you can specify, pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
ancestorial:
Pls kindly enlighten me house, what are the chances of getting a UK visit visa with these documents.
Letter of appointment
Last promotion
Marriage cert
Birth cert of kid
Introd letter from work
C of O, land deeds
Virgin passport
Work Id card.

Evidence of tax payment/Payslip and evidence of hotel booking/person you are staying with?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
youseuph:

Thank you Oga justwise

By my estimate I plan to spend 700k
The Exam I am going for is a 2 day exam, so intend to stay in the Uk for 5 days.

As for my business account is it allowed to transfer a huge amount of money from the business account to my personal account? Remember I said the business is owned by myself and a friend and we are both going for the same Exam.

That figure need to be in £s because that is the currency you will be spending on.

Use oanda to convert it then budget the actual cost of the trip and see if you can afford it without spending more than 2months of your income from all source...your wife's income does not account here.

If the business is registered and tax paid on earnings then that will make your case alot easier to present.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hello House,
I was just issued a 6 months Visa today. I appreciate all your kind contributions. I was so anxious though because I didn't comply with many stuffs stated in this forum e.g making sure my salary reflects in my account and so on

I believe the most important thing is the grace of God.

Thanks once again.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
iblaw:

Evidence of tax payment/Payslip and evidence of hotel booking/person you are staying with?

Thank you... I have payslips and hotel bookings as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
harry41:
Hello House,
I was just issued a 6 months Visa today. I appreciate all your kind contributions. I was so anxious though because I didn't comply with many stuffs stated in this forum e.g making sure my salary reflects in my account and so on

Thanks once again.

Congrats...how long did it take for the visa to be issued?
What's are the documents you submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harry41: 3:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
ancestorial:

Congrats...how long did it take for the visa to be issued?
What's are the documents you submitted?

I applied on 13th and just got it today. I submiited a letter from my employers, invitation letter, bank statement, property docs, certificate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
harry41:

I applied on 13th and just got it today. I submiited a letter from my employers, invitation letter, bank statement, property docs, certificate

Congrats harry41... please where did you submit? Abuja, Ikeja or VI?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sassybee: 4:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
justwise:

I remember you from 2013 UK student visa thread..how time fly...

You can use the same sponsor who sponsored your studies since you are not working yet

Yea, its me again..lol

I sponsored myself then as well. I think i have enough money in my account but do you think it would still be a problem since im not working yet?
I have my hotel and flight bookings
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sassybee: 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
harry41:
Hello House,

Thanks once again.

@Harry41, Congratulations!.. Pls what website did you use to apply and which Visa center did you apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hello house...

I submitted application last week in Ikeja for a 2year visit visa and did NOT pay for priority service (after my bank charged me 185k for visa fee my eyes became very very red smiley )...

I have to be in another European country by next week for work...and would need to get my passport back by Wednesday at the latest... has anyone had this issue before? Can I ask for my passport back even if they haven't issued the visa?

I really appreciate the great work done here. This forum has been really helpful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Man51ut(m): 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2016
Good day thread. Hope everyone (in Lagos) is managing to stay dry. I have a question that I hope can be clarified here. Thanks in advance.

On a recent trip to America, my bag containing my passport was stolen at the hotel. I was able to get an emergency travel document to return home. In that passport, I had a 10 year visitors visa with about 7 years remaining. Will I be able to get that visa back or do I have to start from scratch.

I have heard/read conflicting statements. 1. that for security reasons that visa would be cancelled and i'd have to apply freshly. 2. that it is possible to do a Transfer of Conditions where they will transfer my existing visa to my new passport. What exactly is the policy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
sassybee:

Yea, its me again..lol

I sponsored myself then as well. I think i have enough money in my account but do you think it would still be a problem since im not working yet?
I have my hotel and flight bookings

Source of that money will be questioned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
Man51ut:
Good day thread. Hope everyone (in Lagos) is managing to stay dry. I have a question that I hope can be clarified here. Thanks in advance.

On a recent trip to America, my bag containing my passport was stolen at the hotel. I was able to get an emergency travel document to return home. In that passport, I had a 10 year visitors visa with about 7 years remaining. Will I be able to get that visa back or do I have to start from scratch.

I have heard/read conflicting statements. 1. that for security reasons that visa would be cancelled and i'd have to apply freshly. 2. that it is possible to do a Transfer of Conditions where they will transfer my existing visa to my new passport. What exactly is the policy?

Did you report to the police and get police report?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
Man51ut:

Hi Man51ut...sorry about the loss of your passport. I got this information on the UK Gov website

If the applicant loses their passport and visa, or has their passport and visa stolen, they are applying for a replacement using transfer of conditions. There will be a vignette transfer fee for the service. (See the visa fees page on GOV.UK for the current fee.)

You will need to see a police report or other evidence that satisfactorily establishes that the passport is no longer in their possession. This also applies if an applicant had ‘leave to remain’ granted in the UK (excluding on a BRP) and is now applying to have it replaced overseas. See Biometric information: case working for further information on replacing a BRP lost overseas.

If required, you may ask for supporting documentation to establish that their circumstances have not changed. ECOs should use i-search to obtain information on an applicant’s leave granted in the UK. If information is not available on i-search you must make a referral to Evidence and Enquiry Unit.

In the case of loss of a Home Office travel document the ECO may have to issue entry clearance on a Uniform Format Form (UFF). See ECB8.13.10 for further information.

A new CAS/CoS is not necessary in an application to transfer any leave granted under the points based system.

For replacement visas/leave, case notes and other records must be updated to take account of the lost or stolen passport and visa. For information on the current fee for a Transfer of Conditions see the page on GOV.UK for the current fee.

Any visa holder seeking to transfer an existing visa to a new passport is not making a fresh application for entry clearance and so cannot be compelled to provide biometrics as part of the transfer process, regardless of whether their initial application was accompanied by biometric enrolment. As part of the transfer process, ECOs should request that the applicant provides their biometric data, but should not automatically refuse the application if the applicant does not wish to do so.

If applicants do not provide their biometrics, they must be advised that we will need to undertake further enquiries to establish their identity which may delay their application. If the ECO is not satisfied that the applicant is the person who is entitled to the new document, the application must be refused.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/transferring-a-visa-to-a-new-passport-ecb17/transferring-a-visa-ecb17
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Man51ut(m): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
justwise:

Did you report to the police and get police report?

Yes, I needed the police report to get an emergency travel document to return to nigeria from our consulate there so that was a major priority. I have also informed the consulate here of the theft via email (although I never heard back).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Man51ut(m): 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
Fyorgyn:

Hi Man51ut...sorry about the loss of your passport. I got this information on the UK Gov website

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/transferring-a-visa-to-a-new-passport-ecb17/transferring-a-visa-ecb17

thanks for this. i had actually seen this page before, hence my confusion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
Man51ut:

Yes, I needed the police report to get an emergency travel document to return to nigeria from our consulate there so that was a major priority. I have also informed the consulate here of the theft via email (although I never heard back).

You don't need to apply again, they will reissue you the visa but they may ask you for the police report or any evidence to support your claim
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ironmike: 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
ello house
have once applied for a UK student visa in 2005 about 11years ago and i was refused but i was giving an right to appeal which i did but was not successful due to the my sponsor bank statement since then i have not re apply again but i have an issue with my birth date on my passport then i used 24th sept 1975 wish was not my real date of birth and i told the egent helping me that the birth day was wrong but he said i should not worry about that since after that have corrected my birthday back to 24th sept 1973 which was my actual birth date. in 2010 i applied for a ireland visitor visa and i was refuse and bound for 5 years. i was stated that i didnt give a full details of myself and i suspected that probably because i never disclose that have once applied for a UK visa in my form. now am planing to visit the UK so i need your advice on how to go by my application. my two attached passport carry my real date birth. which was 24th sept 1973. pls advice me h
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Man51ut(m): 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
justwise:

You don't need to apply again, they will reissue you the visa but they may ask you for the police report or any evidence to support your claim

Thank you very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oyin3: 11:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
oyin3:
Uncle Justwise, ,i'm just a good Samaritan o, hope no issues with this? Posting on relevant thread where she's got visa of.
To whom it may concern; if your initials are O.O.A, reply this post regards your internationalPassport.

Posting it randomly is spamming, you should know the visa stamp on the passport you are holding then post this in appropriate thread or start a thread and give as much info as possible to alert the owner
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lekansola: 6:38am On Jun 03, 2016
ancestorial:
Letter of appointment
Last promotion
Marriage cert
Birth cert of kid
Introd letter from work
C of O, land deeds
Virgin passport
Work Id card.

I was issue 6month visa Last week after 3 refusal and with virgin passport.
Let us see your Budget first.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oyin3: 7:29am On Jun 03, 2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 7:54am On Jun 03, 2016
Hello,

Congratulations.... try and post your timeline.... on this timeline thread to help other people understand ....
https://www.nairaland.com/3041260/post-uk-visa-timeline-here

good luck..

lekansola:

I was issue 6month visa Last week after 3 refusal and with virgin passport.
Let us see your Budget first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.