Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529602 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeyemi55(f): 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
So a lady that isn't married with no dependents and earns 80k as salary cannot afford to travel even doing some business by the side.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by canalarge: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
@askari01 Please do justice to it thank and more contributions too

All thanks to God. Can we see ur budget for the trip.[/quote]

I got a 6 months visa expired already April 2015

company account...3 million Bal

Saving Account 2.2million Bal

Spending 10days
Flight- 600

Living expenses- 250

Hotel- reduce to 10days, 800 pounds -

Add Flight+living expenses+hotel= Cost to you personally - 1650 pounds

flight+living cost+hotel+£100misc= Total amount you have for the trip... 2000 Pounds
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Japanboy: 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
justwise:

How does tax system in Japan work for business people?

Well, in Japan, I pay 8% tax on items bought. And after biz and all when I get back, I pay my yearly profit tax sort of. Do I still have to pay tax here. I'll go to their offi ce here and find out, I'd love to pay it, even though it means double paying.

The embassy did not mention anything about tax, rather a link between me and my accounts. On my BL it has my companies name and my name as the shipper and receiver. Do u think this is something I can explain to them with clearer details or just take my time to start all over again. Do u know of any professional that I can consult for this in person? Can i consult you? pls hook a brother up. Thanks. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
adeyemi55:
So a lady that isn't married with no dependents and earns 80k as salary cannot afford to travel even doing some business by the side.

She can afford to travel but the UK and other western countries is out of reach for her.

To afford a holiday to the UK she must have saved ALL her salaries for at least 4months to pay for visa feee, ticket, accommodation and feeding in the UK. That will leave her with nothing left in Nigeria to fall back at when she comes back.

So the questions is..what is the point of spending all your savings in a week?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
Japanboy:

Well, in Japan, I pay 8% tax on items bought. And after biz and all when I get back, I pay my yearly profit tax sort of. Do I still have to pay tax here. I'll go to their offi ce here and find out, I'd love to pay it, even though it means double paying.

The embassy did not mention anything about tax, rather a link between me and my accounts. On my BL it has my companies name and my name as the shipper and receiver. Do u think this is something I can explain to them with clearer details or just take my time to start all over again. Do u know of any professional that I can consult for this in person? Can i consult you? pls hook a brother up. Thanks. God bless

Tax certificate gives your business some credibility, it shows whether the money in your company's account is net or gross profit. Its an indication of how your business is doing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AZUH: 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
@fkmurphy . Since you know all these things why not apply . Experience is the best teacher

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AZUH: 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
@fkmurphy . Oga please if you're wise and you want to use your company name to source for visa ' you have to make the vo believe that your company is financially stable . They check through your tax not not invoice and if i want to evaluate the size of your company I will go through your tax . If you can't pay your company tax or your self assessment tax ' don't apply .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sure4real: 9:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
justwise:

Print that with all the bank details.

You need to add a breakdown of cost of the trip AND list of things you plan to do while in the UK

Thanks Justwise.much appreciated.
Flight=600
Hotel =364
Living exp=200
Cost to me =1164
Amount I have for the Trip=1900

My monthly salary is 350k..
I will be having almost 830k as closing balance at July ending.

Purpose is holiday and visit some notable places.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 9:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
ok, but in rules FIRS said only after 18 months can a company prepare account statement. What we have monthly now is VAT
AZUH:
@fkmurphy . Oga please if you're wise and you want to use your company name to source for visa ' you have to make the vo believe that your company is financially stable . They check through your tax not not invoice and if i want to evaluate the size of your company I will go through your tax . If you can't pay your company tax or your self assessment tax ' don't apply .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
@Justwise thanks for d great job you are doing here, please i need your help again i do not have 300 pounds to dash UK. Like i have asked you earlier before my company was registered in NOV.2015 and fully commenced business in dec. On the TCC which was issued to us in feb 2016 was written NIL (That is we didnt pay anything) it expiry date is 31/12/2016 as written on the TCC.When I asked, FIRS said its after 31/12/2016 that we are due to prepare account because any new firm is given up to 18 months (After 1yr ) from inception to prepare such. Is it advisable to use this? We have been remitting our monthly VAT per month though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kossyprincess(f): 10:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
justwise:

Submit original.
thanks @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AZUH: 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2016
Fakmurphy only when your company has not started biz or nt making profit . don't go and fill that your Nil and see if you won't pay for 5k for late returns . From the day you get your Tin number few days or weeks later they will open a file for you and it will start counting . It's that your Nil format that is helping you . For embassy sake pay your tax before you apply . appease the gods first to get what you want ..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
OK thanks i'm getting it i guess you are referring to VAT(Yes it fine is 5k) which we pay monthly but it different from company tax which is paid yearly,the 3rd is withholding tax which is not applicable to us. correct?
AZUH:
Fakmurphy only when your company has not started biz or nt making profit . don't go and fill that your Nil and see if you won't pay for 5k for late returns . From the day you get your Tin number few days or weeks later they will open a file for you and it will start counting . It's that your Nil format that is helping you . For embassy sake pay your tax before you apply . appease the gods first to get what you want ..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Neyoalao(m): 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
Justwise why did thou skip my query now... Kindly help in the little way you can
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Japanboy: 12:14am On Jul 30, 2016
justwise:

Tax certificate gives your business some credibility, it shows whether the money in your company's account is net or gross profit. Its an indication of how your business is doing.

Thanks justwish, so since I dont have it now, what's your advice. Can I get a letter from the bank explaining that I'm the sole signatory to the account and that I have access to the funds in the account or do u suggest I leave it for now and get the tax things in place first then reapply at a later date.
Thanks brov, God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:04am On Jul 30, 2016
Justwise thank you very much...shall come back to share my success story.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 6:43am On Jul 30, 2016
canalarge:
@askari01 Please do justice to it thank and more contributions too

All thanks to God. Can we see ur budget for the trip.

I got a 6 months visa expired already April 2015

company account...3 million Bal

Saving Account 2.2million Bal

Spending 10days
Flight- 600

Living expenses- 250

Hotel- reduce to 10days, 800 pounds -

Add Flight+living expenses+hotel= Cost to you personally - 1650 pounds

flight+living cost+hotel+£100misc= Total amount you have for the trip... 2000 Pounds

How much do u make monthly? 2000 is 3much kilode, ... look for cheaper hotel, do you pay tax? How long have you been running the business?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 6:53am On Jul 30, 2016
sure4real:

Thanks Justwise.much appreciated.
Flight=600
Hotel =364
Living exp=200
Cost to me =1164
Amount I have for the Trip=1900

My monthly salary is 350k..
I will be having almost 830k as closing balance at July ending.

Purpose is holiday and visit some notable places.

Thanks.

Why did u add almost 736£? 100 is ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 7:01am On Jul 30, 2016
Neyoalao:
Good day sir/ma
I have someone that will be visiting Nigeria in two months time. please i need tips in getting a cheap flight from Uk down to Nigeria and how to change cash to naira with great exchange rate probably getting it into a naira account. Please experienced people help kindly with your useful tips

Mr Niyi ALao... tell the person to go online to make flight booking, it's very easy, asper bureau de Change, Let the person enter Niger with Pounds sterings nd you can go change ur money inda black market. Lol....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AZUH: 8:00am On Jul 30, 2016
Fakmurphy justwise posted something about tax few hours ago .pls read . The 5k is for late return nothing else . From the day you get your tin number your business has commence and you have no excuses not to pay your tax unless you go to firs office to fill Nill form and the nill form means you have not started anything . No biz no profit !! Now you have opened account with the company name don't go to firs and tell them you did . They will ask you to print your statement ' unless you are not running the account : those people get craze oh

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kayaj1014: 9:20am On Jul 30, 2016
Dear fellow members, I have received an employment offer in the UK, but before i will be given the job I have received an invitation letter from the company inviting me to the UK to complete some assessments. In the letter I was told I must be ready to pay for my travel, accommodation in the UK for the period of the assessment process till I'm given the job. I have an uncle in the UK who is willing to sponsor me fully when I get to the UK and is willing to give me all the needed documents for the visa application. It's now left with my ticket fee and my question is can my mother write a cheque covering my ticket fees and is it ok if I add the cheque to my visa documents. Since I'm unemployed at the moment I don't have any personal financial documents to add and I'm 28 years. Pls I need some help thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by elope: 10:07am On Jul 30, 2016
adeyemi55:

i dnt think so from their end... theyd enied my sibling for the same reason too.. that he wouldnt come back... so sad and annoying... i guess they always wanna see a strong proof that u r gonna come back... i reallu dnt understand them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blaqi: 10:12am On Jul 30, 2016
kayaj1014:
Dear fellow members, I have received an employment offer in the UK, but before i will be given the job I have received an invitation letter from the company inviting me to the UK to complete some assessments. In the letter I was told I must be ready to pay for my travel, accommodation in the UK for the period of the assessment process till I'm given the job. I have an uncle in the UK who is willing to sponsor me fully when I get to the UK and is willing to give me all the needed documents for the visa application. It's now left with my ticket fee and my question is can my mother write a cheque covering my ticket fees and is it ok if I add the cheque to my visa documents. Since I'm unemployed at the moment I don't have any personal financial documents to add and I'm 28 years. Pls I need some help thanks
kayaj1014:

Since you are a dependant of your mom, you are better off attaching proof of your mom's financial standing,ie bank statement to show that she has sufficient funds to support you during your stay. You can also attach a letter from her confirming her authorisation for you to use her funds. As for your ticket fee, you dont have to show evidence that you can afford the airticket. The evidence of financial standing is sufficient. Just go ahead and purchase the ticket after you have gotten the visa. Good luck! How did you go about finding a job in the UK from Nigeria?. I am struggling to find one myself. Will appreciate your advice/tips. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sarki140: 10:36am On Jul 30, 2016
antonreal:

how much is the visa fee that u paid? thanks

117 USD
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:51am On Jul 30, 2016
kayaj1014:
Dear fellow members, I[b] have received an employment offer in the UK[/b], but before i will be given the job I have received an invitation letter from the company inviting me to the UK to complete some assessments. In the letter I was told I must be ready to pay for my travel, accommodation in the UK for the period of the assessment process till I'm given the job. I have an uncle in the UK who is willing to sponsor me fully when I get to the UK and is willing to give me all the needed documents for the visa application. It's now left with my ticket fee and my question is can my mother write a cheque covering my ticket fees and is it ok if I add the cheque to my visa documents. Since I'm unemployed at the moment I don't have any personal financial documents to add and I'm 28 years. Pls I need some help thanks

Before you commit your money to the visa applications you need to verify the company first because I have a funny feeling about the offer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:55am On Jul 30, 2016
Japanboy:

Thanks justwish, so since I dont have it now, what's your advice. Can I get a letter from the bank explaining that I'm the sole signatory to the account and that I have access to the funds in the account or do u suggest I leave it for now and get the tax things in place first then reapply at a later date.
Thanks brov, God bless

It will be better to get it before making the next application because I don't think a letter from the bank alone will do. You can still apply without it if you feel strongly about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2016
fakmurphy:
@Justwise thanks for d great job you are doing here, please i need your help again i do not have 300 pounds to dash UK. Like i have asked you earlier before my company was registered in NOV.2015 and fully commenced business in dec. On the TCC which was issued to us in feb 2016 was written NIL (That is we didnt pay anything) it expiry date is 31/12/2016 as written on the TCC.When I asked, FIRS said its after 31/12/2016 that we are due to prepare account because any new firm is given up to 18 months (After 1yr ) from inception to prepare such. Is it advisable to use this? We have been remitting our monthly VAT per month though.

Then you need to explain that in your application form and attach paper evidence to support that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2016
Neyoalao:
Good day sir/ma
I have someone that will be visiting Nigeria in two months time. please i need tips in getting a cheap flight from Uk down to Nigeria and how to change cash to naira with great exchange rate probably getting it into a naira account. Please experienced people help kindly with your useful tips

The only tip I can give you regarding ticket is to use 2 or 3 laptops when searching for ticket else the price will keep changing the more you search around using one laptop.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kayaj1014: 11:35am On Jul 30, 2016
Thanks justwise, my uncle personally applied for the job in the UK for me so I think the company is a credible one. My only concern now is the question I asked in my previous post thank u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 11:40am On Jul 30, 2016
Thanks

justwise:

Then you need to explain that in your application form and attach paper evidence to support that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2016
kayaj1014:
Thanks justwise, my uncle personally applied for the job in the UK for me so I think the company is a credible one. My only concern now is the question I asked in my previous post thank u.

Ok then.

This link explains all you need for that sort of visa https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/514054/Tier_2_Policy_Guidance_04_2016.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kayaj1014: 11:44am On Jul 30, 2016
Thanks blaqi, my uncle in the UK applied for the job for me and I have acca certificate giving by acca in the UK even though I did the course in Ghana

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.