Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,462 members, 7,836,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1538611 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
justwise:

What will happen if you cancel and rebook when you have your visa?

Thanks for responding @Justwise, i'm not canceling it, i was just asking if it's possible for me to extend my arrival date because my visa application hasn't been assessed.

What do you suggest i should do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by JayJay0211: 9:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
Good evening everybody. Please confirm if Visa Applications through Ikeja Teleperformance still get considered in Nigeria and not Sheffield. I ask cos i saw a charge of 55 quid to use that centre. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by geek(m): 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2017
dhavel:

Dec 1987

Standard visitors visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 10:16pm On Jan 27, 2017
JayJay0211:
Good evening everybody. Please confirm if Visa Applications through Ikeja Teleperformance still get considered in Nigeria and not Sheffield. I ask cos i saw a charge of 55 quid to use that centre. Thank you

I would say it's treated in Sheffield, because i submitted my visa application in Ikeja and was forwarded to Sheffield.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by JayJay0211: 10:46pm On Jan 27, 2017
That is surprising. i figured the additional GBP55 meant the application would go to Walter Carrington instead which would be faster than Sheffield. My bad. Thanks alot Jagun009
jagun009:

I would say it's treated in Sheffield, because i submitted my visa application in Ikeja and was forwarded to Sheffield.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 11:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
JayJay0211:
That is surprising. i figured the additional GBP55 meant the application would go to Walter Carrington instead which would be faster than Sheffield. My bad. Thanks alot Jagun009

You're welcome, that's what I thought initially, I had to paid and application was still sent to Sheffield.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Beehandz(m): 9:07am On Jan 28, 2017
justwise:

Is your wife working or running her own business? If yes..what is her salary bracket?

She's not working presently but doing some supply business.

Meanwhile, she intend going to SA by February to boost her chances of getting UK Visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 9:12am On Jan 28, 2017
Good morning @justwise, please respond to my last reply to you. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 9:25am On Jan 28, 2017
Beehandz:

Meanwhile, she intend going to SA by February to boost her chances of getting UK Visa

Sorry but travel to other African countries, even South Africa
will not improve her chances at all.

The only travel that will help is to go and return from countries like USA. UK. or Shengen.
Everyone is judged on ties to prove return to home and robust finances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:30am On Jan 28, 2017
Beehandz:

Her tie to Nigeria matters a lot here even if her brother will be paying for everything. Good job, profitable business, investment, and family are evidence of strong ties to a home country.

Traveling to South Africa will not help if she not working or running a profitable business now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2017
jagun009:

Thanks for responding @Justwise, i'm not canceling it, i was just asking if it's possible for me to extend my arrival date because my visa application hasn't been assessed.

What do you suggest i should do?

Contact the hotel to know if they will allow you to extend it. If were in your position I will cancel and only book when I have my visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 10:21am On Jan 28, 2017
justwise:

Contact the hotel to know if they will allow you to extend it. If were in your position I will cancel and only book when I have my visa

It seems you don't totally understand me Mr @Justwise. The hotel will start charging me from tomorrow and the visa is not yet out.

I applied in Ikeja which I thought it was faster but my visa application was later sent to Sheffield, UK.

I'm simply asking if it's okay for me to extend the date? Of course the hotel will let me change the date but I'm bothered about the ECO

Do you understand my point sir?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
Thanks justwise. Thats wat i said. Her passport has her real. Her birth certificate also has real age but their was a mistake in the day. So she erased it and used pencil to write the real one. She has been using it but got denied and bannes cos of it. They said she altered which seems like forgery to them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:06pm On Jan 28, 2017
emeldamicheals:
Thanks justwise. Thats wat i said. Her passport has her real. Her birth certificate also has real age but their was a mistake in the day. So she erased it and used pencil to write the real one. She has been using it but got denied and bannes cos of it. They said she altered which seems like forgery to them.

Why did she not write an explanation about this in her last application? If all details in all her documents are correct and only that mistake i'm surprised that she got banned for 10yrs for that. Did the lawyers explained this and what was the response from the embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
jagun009:

It seems you don't totally understand me Mr @Justwise. The hotel will start charging me from tomorrow and the visa is not yet out.

I applied in Ikeja which I thought it was faster but my visa application was later sent to Sheffield, UK.

I'm simply asking if it's okay for me to extend the date? Of course the hotel will let me change the date but I'm bothered about the ECO

Do you understand my point sir?

I answered this part in my previous reply but for some reasons you still think that i don't understand your question.

If the embassy contacted the hotel they will be doing that so as to know if you have a room booked and not if you extended it or not, that is immaterial .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2017
justwise:

I answered this part in my previous reply but for some reasons you still think that i don't understand your question.

If the embassy contacted the hotel they will be doing that so as to know if you have a room booked and not if you extended it or not, that is immaterial .

Thank you a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Beehandz(m): 6:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
justwise:

Her tie to Nigeria matters a lot here even if her brother will be paying for everything. Good job, profitable business, investment, and family are evidence of strong ties to a home country.

Traveling to South Africa will not help if she not working or running a profitable business now.

Thanks Justwise.
She actually does some petty biz but no registered company document/salary account to back It up.

What ways can she prove of home ties. We are married with legal documents and I have a good job
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
Beehandz:

Thanks Justwise.
She actually does some petty biz but no registered company document/salary account to back It up.

What ways can she prove of home ties. We are married with legal documents and I have a good job

Is her business bringing in enough money to pay for the trip without affecting the business?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by WillyWest: 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

That got nothing to do with having virgin passport, people with travel history experience delay as well so its normal for application to take that long sometimes.

Thanks bro, I was granted the VISA just a day to my proposed trip. Currently typing this from the heart of London. It all seems like a dream right now

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Jan 28, 2017
WillyWest:

Thanks bro, I was granted the VISA just a day to my proposed trip. Currently typing this from the heart of London. It all seems like a dream right now

Congrat! Hope you are dealing with the cold well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2017
Pls while filling the form I did not see anywhere for the local transport I only saw living expenses, accommodation and airplane expense. .....please will I add my local transport to my living expenses. ....Pls asap

And Pls do I need to do a flight booking to...and how do I do it...

Thanks all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 12:00am On Jan 29, 2017
Please,house what is the total UK visa fee in dollars because am planning to fund someone dollars account pls how much will i pay in dollars for him to help pay for the visa fee.Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 1:54am On Jan 29, 2017
tunexman:
Please,house what is the total UK visa fee in dollars because am planning to found someone dollars account pls how much will i pay in dollars for him to help pay for the visa fee.Thanks.

What type of visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Beautifulswan: 2:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hello house! Happy Sunday! I need some guidance. My husband is on a tier 5 PBS migrant visa and I intend to join him there by March. We are putting together documents for my application as a tier 5 migrant dependant(spouse). In addition to the his bank statement, utility bills, tax information, marriage certificate, pictures, letter from both parents acknowledging our marriage. What other documents should we include to better our chances as one thing I've learnt here is that it's better to overkill. We really do not want to have any loopholes lest they deny the visa application. Thanks in advance.
Cc: justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2017
Beautifulswan:

Hello house! Happy Sunday! I need some guidance. My husband is on a tier 5 PBS migrant visa and I intend to join him there by March. We are putting together documents for my application as a tier 5 migrant dependant(spouse). In addition to the his bank statement, utility bills, tax information, marriage certificate, pictures, letter from both parents acknowledging our marriage. What other documents should we include to better our chances as one thing I've learnt here is that it's better to overkill. We really do not want to have any loopholes lest they deny the visa application. Thanks in advance.
Cc: justwise

You need to add proof of communication..call history. whatsapp chat. facebook messages, skype, viber etc..whichever way you both communicate need to be printed and added.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2017
jagun009:

What type of visa?
tourist visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Spencer63(m): 4:12am On Jan 30, 2017
hello house, I need to ask some questions about visa Ish, who is attending to questions please..
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 6:59am On Jan 30, 2017
Spencer63:
hello house, I need to ask some questions about visa Ish, who is attending to questions please..
thanks

Post your question here so all can learn.
That is the point of this forum not secret communications away from it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Spencer63(m): 7:19am On Jan 30, 2017
worry357:

Post your question here so all can learn. That is the point of this forum not secret communications away from it.

it's more like a personal something, that's why
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 9:18am On Jan 30, 2017
tunexman:
tourist visa.

$180 Ikeja TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cydophobia(m): 3:08pm On Jan 30, 2017
Justwise and other Guru in the house.

I want to travel to UK for a week IT conference that will be sponsored by my Company.

Please what are the documents needed from me and my employer to be submitted for the visa application.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2017
jagun009:

$180 Ikeja TLS
pls can i also use my naira master card for the payment.(2)pls this question how much is your total montly income from employment or source of income must it be in naira or pounds because it was not indicated.Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.