Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,836 members, 7,837,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1539157 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2017
Captgb:

On the form nothing of such was asked but on our cover letter note we included everything about my previous immigration history with uk n I read on their website that overstaying doesn't count on settlement visa or EEAFP visa. Please how true is this

Please can you give me link to that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Please can you give me link to that?

pennylessinindia's Avatarpennylessinindia , Apr 22nd 2013 7:16 pm
Re: EEA family permit - are past issues relevant?
EEA family permit is pretty straightforward and previous immigration history is usually not a problem. You may find that your marriage will be looked at very carefully to ensure it is not a marriage of convenience. If you meet the requirements it usually issued unless your immigration history is really bad or you have some criminal activity in the past.
"Where a refusal is considered on the grounds of public policy, public security or public health in accordance with Regulation 21. The provision for refusal of an EEA family permit on public grounds is distinct from the provision in the Immigration Rules for refusal on non-conducive, criminal conviction and medical grounds. The level of evidence required for refusals in these cases is high. A person's previous criminal convictions alone do not justify a refusal.
Where an applicant is the subject of a deportation or exclusion order. The applicant must apply first for the order to be revoked. ".
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2017
Captgb:

pennylessinindia's Avatarpennylessinindia , Apr 22nd 2013 7:16 pm
Re: EEA family permit - are past issues relevant?
EEA family permit is pretty straightforward and previous immigration history is usually not a problem. You may find that your marriage will be looked at very carefully to ensure it is not a marriage of convenience. If you meet the requirements it usually issued unless your immigration history is really bad or you have some criminal activity in the past.
"Where a refusal is considered on the grounds of public policy, public security or public health in accordance with Regulation 21. The provision for refusal of an EEA family permit on public grounds is distinct from the provision in the Immigration Rules for refusal on non-conducive, criminal conviction and medical grounds. The level of evidence required for refusals in these cases is high. A person's previous criminal convictions alone do not justify a refusal.
Where an applicant is the subject of a deportation or exclusion order. The applicant must apply first for the order to be revoked. ".

That did not answer the question, that post is from another immigration forum just like nairaland and not from the embassy website or UKBA. That post is 4yrs old and a lot has changed immigration wise since then.

Is your wife a British citizen or an EU member state citizen living in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
justwise:

That did not answer the question, that post is from another immigration forum just like nairaland and not from the embassy website or UKBA. That post is 4yrs old and a lot has changed immigration wise since then.

Is your wife a British citizen or an EU member state citizen living in the UK?

She's from EU member state exercising her treaty right in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
Captgb:

Thank you Mr Justwise! I visit uk last in 2008 n came back in 2011. Don't I know how many years ban they gave me because I took them to court back then n I was told that I don't have any ties in the uk so I can't stay so the judge said they just serve me a removal note.

I just noticed that you edited your previous reply to my question and added this bit on quote.

It really help that when people ask question that they explain their situation in detail that will help whoever that is responding to that question.

I'm not sure how much you are willing to say about the court case and the removal from the UK because that has a direct connection to the delay you are experiencing now.
When you are removed from the UK you are allowed to come back within 1-5yrs time depending on your circumstances. If you are removed on govt expense then you are looking at 10yrs ban, but if you leave volunteeringly it makes your case a lot easier for reapplication.

Leaving within 6months of notification means 2yrs ban while longer than that is 5yrs ban..so like i said before it all depend on your situation.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

I just noticed that you edited your previous reply to my question and added this bit on quote.

It really help that when people ask question that they explain their situation in detail that will help whoever that is responding to that question.

I'm not sure how much you are willing to say about the court case and the removal from the UK because that has a direct connection to the delay you are experiencing now.
When you are removed from the UK you are allowed to come back within 1-5yrs time depending on your circumstances. If you are removed on govt expense then you are looking at 10yrs ban, but if you leave volunteeringly it makes your case a lot easier for reapplication.

Leaving within 6months of notification means 2yrs ban while longer than that is 5yrs ban..so like i said before it all depend on your situation.

Thank you so much with you going into details with me.... The only reason I took them to court is because I have a British girl friend then and thinking they might release me on her status but it goes wrong. So no criminal record or police record but only the overstay. And when the judge pass the judgement that if we have had a baby with the British lady then they might release me to her so that's my case and I was served a paper to appeal when I get to Nigeria but I didn't so I met my European wife n we got married in 2012 so we decided to put inn the application last year n the first application they refused me based on no pictures included because I don't knw I have to make photocopies of the pictures. This second application I make every photocopies n submitted in December n they send a mail saying application not straightforward but it been 6yrs now have been in Nigeria. I hope you understand my story n am sorry for taking your time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
Captgb:

Thank you so much with you going into details with me.... The only reason I took them to court is because I have a British girl friend then and thinking they might release me on her status but it goes wrong. So no criminal record or police record but only the overstay. And when the judge pass the judgement that if we have had a baby with the British lady then they might release me to her so that's my case and I was served a paper to appeal when I get to Nigeria but I didn't so I met my European wife n we got married in 2012 so we decided to put inn the application last year n the first application they refused me based on no pictures included because I don't knw I have to make photocopies of the pictures. This second application I make every photocopies n submitted in December n they send a mail saying application not straightforward but it been 6yrs now have been in Nigeria. I hope you understand my story n am sorry for taking your time

So basically you paid your way back to Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojisolani: 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2017
Justwise,as at then I did not have a business account,but I submitted my personal account which I was using for my business then and I also submitted my tax clearance and truly two weeks to the application some large money was deposited. But now the income which is the profit goes to my personal account right from my business account which I opened a month after my previous application. And now am submitting my personal account with 800k and my income goes directly to my personal account from my business account and it also show other money of 20k which is money receive from family and friends consistently for 6months. Am submitting my personal account,CAC,Tax clearance,Invoice,am not submitting my company account because the money won't be available for use. Pls advice me and my accommodation and feeding will be taking care of by my invitee. Pls what are my chances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
GGK global limited doesn't mean it's "global" that's the mistake the eco made. It's a private company but the name makes it seem as if it's located around the world

I want to believe you understand my point sir Cc @Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
mojisolani:
Justwise,as at then I did not have a business account,but I submitted my personal account which I was using for my business then and I also submitted my tax clearance and truly two weeks to the application some large money was deposited. But now the income which is the profit goes to my personal account right from my business account which I opened a month after my previous application. And now am submitting my personal account with 800k and my income goes directly to my personal account from my business account and it also show other money of 20k which is money receive from family and friends consistently for 6months. Am submitting my personal account,CAC,Tax clearance,Invoice am not submitting my company account because the money won't be available for use. Pls advice me and my accommodation and feeding will be taking care of by my invitee. Pls what are my chances

If you don't submit your business account how then will you defend the source of your income or the financial state of your business?

If you submit personal account only and it shows money transferred from another account to the personal account how are you going to convince the ECO that the money came from business account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
jagun009:
GGK global limited doesn't mean it's "global" that's the mistake the eco made. It's a private company but the name makes it seem as if it's located around the world

I want to believe you understand my point sir Cc @Justwise

No that is the mistake your company made by naming a local business a global one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
justwise:

So basically you paid your way back to Nigeria?

They didn't allow me to use my ticket then because that was when they said they've arranged shattered flight for us a all becaus then we were all like 240 illegal immigrants
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
Captgb:

They didn't allow me to use my ticket then because that was when they said they've arranged shattered flight for us a all becaus then we were all like 240 illegal immigrants

Ok i understand the situation now.

You just have to be calm and wait for them to finish their investigation and get back to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
justwise:

Ok i understand the situation now.

You just have to be calm and wait for them to finish their investigation and get back to you.

Thank you at Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Louchee: 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hi everyone,
This is my first time commenting on this forum,tho i have read almost every post on this thread and i must say u guys are realy helpful especialy @justwise..
My problem is i submitted my uk business visa application online on the 30th of january,went for my biometrics on the 1st of this month,but i noticed since i submitted my hotel reservations keeps cancelling after 24hrs probably cuz of the Nigerian card restrictions,iv tried using several cards and same issues,iv called the hotel and they cant realy do anything,my fear is this could affect my application if they call and notice its cancelled,and also if i keep trying different card after 24hrs,tge booking number changes,so i just wonder if they give the confirmation number to the hotels or just use ur names to confirm..Moreso i submitted just my personal income tax clearance card and TIN Number confirmation with other neccessary documents as my business officialy started in april last year,i got my company SOA(balance of over 2m) and a reference letter from my bank to prove that,also submitted my personal savings account with a balance of over N5m,cost of trip to me including flight and hotel was 1.5m..im just seeing that one's budget doesnt have to be that big and im already having a negative mind towards d whole thing,tho i have 2travel histories,UAE(stayed 5days) and France(10days)..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jagun009: 10:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
justwise:

No that is the mistake your company made by naming a local business a global one.

Okay, you have a point.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Annalise(f): 3:11am On Feb 04, 2017
Hello justwise, my UK student visa expires in April but I want to go to Italy before then. I am thinking of either going for a weekend and back or going through to Nigeria finally. I am afraid I can't get a Schengen tourist visa again. What should I do? I was in Turkey last year with an e visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:18am On Feb 04, 2017
Louchee:
Hi everyone,
This is my first time commenting on this forum,tho i have read almost every post on this thread and i must say u guys are realy helpful especialy @justwise..
My problem is i submitted my uk business visa application online on the 30th of january,went for my biometrics on the 1st of this month,but i noticed since i submitted my hotel reservations keeps cancelling after 24hrs probably cuz of the Nigerian card restrictions,iv tried using several cards and same issues,iv called the hotel and they cant realy do anything,my fear is this could affect my application if they call and notice its cancelled,and also if i keep trying different card after 24hrs,tge booking number changes,so i just wonder if they give the confirmation number to the hotels or just use ur names to confirm..Moreso i submitted just my personal income tax clearance card and TIN Number confirmation with other neccessary documents as my business officialy started in april last year,i got my company SOA(balance of over 2m) and a reference letter from my bank to prove that,also submitted my personal savings account with a balance of over N5m,cost of trip to me including flight and hotel was 1.5m..im just seeing that one's budget doesnt have to be that big and im already having a negative mind towards d whole thing,tho i have 2travel histories,UAE(stayed 5days) and France(10days)..

Since you have submitted there is no need commenting on documents you submitted, lets hope for positive outcome.

If you are able to book another hotel quickly you can contact the embassy to update them even if for record purposes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:19am On Feb 04, 2017
Annalise:
Hello justwise, my UK student visa expires in April but I want to go to Italy before then. I am thinking of either going for a weekend and back or going through to Nigeria finally. I am afraid I can't get a Schengen tourist visa again. What should I do? I was in Turkey last year with an e visa.

Are you done with your studies?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Louchee: 9:52am On Feb 04, 2017
Ok,thanks so much..do u know any direct link to contact them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mface22: 12:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
House good morning can anyone here give me an advise as am about to return to the UK, but i have a fear that they might want to send me back or go through so much questioning because of my previous traveling which i stayed 6 month and extra 9 days while there was still valid 1 year visa on my passport cause it was a 2 years visa i was giving and i used 6 month extra 9 days... now am about to use travel with the remaining visa on my passport house what do you think will they query me about the 6 month 9 days used while there was still visa on my passport?? because it was a result of my health and date available to fly which is why i stayed extra 9 days, can such excuse be accepted..? please somebody out there i need your opinion and advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mface22: 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
justwise

House good morning can anyone here give me an advise as am about to return to the UK, but i have a fear that they might want to send me back or go through so much questioning because of my previous traveling which i stayed 6 month and extra 9 days while there was still valid 1 year visa on my passport cause it was a 2 years visa i was giving and i used 6 month extra 9 days... now am about to use travel with the remaining visa on my passport house what do you think will they query me about the 6 month 9 days used while there was still visa on my passport?? because it was a result of my health and date available to fly which is why i stayed extra 9 days, can such excuse be accepted..? please somebody out there i need your opinion and advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
mface22:
justwise

Do you actually see when somebody replied your post?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
Louchee:
Ok,thanks so much..do u know any direct link to contact them?

Check the embassy website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Annalise(f): 1:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
justwise:

Are you done with your studies?
Yes. My final session ended in December last year. Student visa expires in April.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
Annalise:

Yes. My final session ended in December last year. Student visa expires in April.

You can still give it a go

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 6:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
Gooday everyone,justwise,thanks for the good work you are doing.pls I have a question.i was suppose to travel to the UK with my husband for vacation in Sept 2016 but we weren't able to travel becos I was undergoing for a 3 weeks training in the office.
NOW, my hubby has two weeks off his office and intends to travel to UK, But in his application, he stated that he will be traveling with me. but presently I won't be having any form of leave in the office..won't he be questioned in the Point of Entry why he's not travelling with his wife,he insisting to go without me, that he wants to use the visa...becos we have be postponing the trip, my office is not help matters. Won't there be issue at the point of entry as to why he's not travelling with his wife.

Please help with suggestions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by leopower(m): 6:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
gud day all, i av seen d presence of two of my Oga(justwise & frontpagelawyer) from d us trend here, kudos to u guys. after what happen at d other side i av decide to give UK a try alone dis time leaving family back home, pls anyone put me tru d process of d UK application?
i av a gud job and salary is 357, pls help wit necessary document procedure. thk in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
yolemum:
Gooday everyone,justwise,thanks for the good work you are doing.pls I have a question.i was suppose to travel to the UK with my husband for vacation in Sept 2016 but we weren't able to travel becos I was undergoing for a 3 weeks training in the office.
NOW, my hubby has two weeks off his office and intends to travel to UK, But in his application, he stated that he will be traveling with me. but presently I won't be having any form of leave in the office..won't he be questioned in the Point of Entry why he's not travelling with his wife,he insisting to go without me, that he wants to use the visa...becos we have be postponing the trip, my office is not help matters. Won't there be issue at the point of entry as to why he's not travelling with his wife.

Please help with suggestions

They may not necessarily stop him but if they do all he needs to do is to explain that work commitment stops you from making the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
leopower:
gud day all, i av seen d presence of two of my Oga(justwise & frontpagelawyer) from d us trend here, kudos to u guys. after what happen at d other side i av decide to give UK a try alone dis time leaving family back home, pls anyone put me tru d process of d UK application?
i av a gud job and salary is 357, pls help wit necessary document procedure. thk in anticipation

All the information you need to apply for tourist visa is here and documents have been listed here so many times.

You apply online and make the payment online as well then you will be given an appointment date when you will visit their visa centre to submit all your documents and do fingerprint
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Annalise(f): 11:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
justwise:

You can still give it a go
Will the application still be for Schengen? Also, how much do you think I should have for maintenance in my account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:38am On Feb 05, 2017
Annalise:

Will the application still be for Schengen? Also, how much do you think I should have for maintenance in my account?

Of course it will still be for schengen visa as italy is one of the schengen countries. the amount you should have will depend on how long you will be staying and cost of accommodation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.