Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1537817 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2017
Captgb:
hello house the good people... I am glad n happy to tell the house I got my EEA Family permit visa today..... Thank u everyone in this forum and for those waiting for result, success is URS Gbam

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
nonoski:
Please I would like to know the difference between applying for Visa at Ikeja and applying for visa in VI coz I noticed that there is an extra $79 when you choose Ikeja as the location for Biometrics.
Some one kindly explain.

At Ikeja centre, the queue is short, intact there is no queue at all. From checking of documents to biometric capture took me ess that 10 mins. I guess because of this extra charges applicants are avoiding this centre.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mjee(f): 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
Good evening all. Please I just want to enquire on how one can pay the visa fees since it is in dollars. I will appreciate your kind response. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showerses: 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
Thank you so much and God bless you Justwise , From my purse i will be spending not more than NGN200,000 or NGN250,000 (local Transportation) with this budget will it wok for me.
justwise:

1. With 99000 salary no but with additional income backed up with paper evidence it may increase your chances

2.If you are going to stay with one of them or see them yes you have to include their address and details.

3. Your budget for the trip will answer that question

4. Yes and his source of income

5. Again your budget for the trip will help answer that question

May or June.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daddysgal2015: 9:38pm On Mar 03, 2017
ekpotek:

At Ikeja centre, the queue is short, intact there is no queue at all. From checking of documents to biometric capture took me ess that 10 mins. I guess because of this extra charges applicants are avoiding this centre.

Please I would like if you cant hint me on how you paid for the application. I want to apply for 6 months. The last time i applied in 2014 , i paid at vac thats why i am asking. I heard alot has changed. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daddysgal2015: 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
justwise:

Congratulations!

Please Sir, I have applied for uk visas thrice in the last 6 yrs. I have gotten 6 months visa , 2 yrs visas( twice). I want to renew now and i feel i should apply for 6 months (with my toddler now) because the last 2 yrs visa i had, i only travelled once with the visa for a duration of 4 weeks only. I hope it wont be a problem applying for 6 months when i am meant to go for 2/5 yrs. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 11:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
ekpotek:

From your experience is it better to apply at Ikeja than VI?
Which of the two options do I get a quicker response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:19am On Mar 04, 2017
daddysgal2015:

Please I would like if you cant hint me on how you paid for the application. I want to apply for 6 months. The last time i applied in 2014 , i paid at vac thats why i am asking. I heard alot has changed. Thanks

After selecting your submission centre, you are require to make online payment using a debit/credit card etc. So you must have this with you in order to complete your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:29am On Mar 04, 2017
nonoski:

From your experience is it better to apply at Ikeja than VI?
Which of the two options do I get a quicker response

If you're applying in Lagos. I would suggest Ikeja if you can afford the extra charges. Believe me you will be through in less than 0 mins. This centre before the introduction of extra charge was the preferred centre in Lagos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:48am On Mar 04, 2017
daddysgal2015:

Please Sir, I have applied for uk visas thrice in the last 6 yrs. I have gotten 6 months visa , 2 yrs visas( twice). I want to renew now and i feel i should apply for 6 months (with my toddler now) because the last 2 yrs visa i had, i only travelled once with the visa for a duration of 4 weeks only. I hope it wont be a problem applying for 6 months when i am meant to go for 2/5 yrs. Thanks

It a wrong impression to believe that you must apply for longer visa duration from you last successful visa. The duration you choose should depend on your need to visit the UK. Having said that, you have no problem if you decide to go for 6 months this time. 5 year U.K. Visa is now £600. Imagine if you are denied. You are free to also apply for your child too. Your application with be considered based on your presence circumstances and previous immigration history as a visitor to the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:24am On Mar 04, 2017
daddysgal2015:

ekpotek:

It a wrong impression to believe that you must apply for longer visa duration from you last successful visa. The duration you choose should depend on your need to visit the UK. Having said that, you have no problem if you decide to go for 6 months this time. 5 year U.K. Visa is now £600. Imagine if you are denied. You are free to also apply for your child too. Your application with be considered based on your presence circumstances and previous immigration history as a visitor to the UK.

ekpotek answered your question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by koolkamzzy(m): 8:49am On Mar 04, 2017
justwise:

Your financial details does not add up, if your salary is N175K a month in a year you will be earning about 2.1 millions. So for you to have 6M in your salary account it means you have worked for 3yrs and saved all your income.

You did not explain the source of $4K £ss in your account that was why you were refused.

Thanks justwise
The account is not meant for salaries alone, its in fact my main account for some other transactions. It just happen to be same Bank my Company uses for staff salary. The money in the account has been there for over a period of time, not only from my salary. Also don't they consider that someone may have been working for a good number of years and could have saved up whatever fund they have in their account.

I couldn't explain the sources of the $4k because it was lodge in cash, I use it for speculation in the FX market. it's been there 6 months prior to the time I printed the Bank Statement, not like I just deposited it there for the Visa application purpose.

I had thought showing more funds and investments will serve as a home tie considering my situation as a single guy but I know better now. smiley smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by koolkamzzy(m): 8:52am On Mar 04, 2017
Solatium:

You killed your application yourself,you earn #175k a month after tax and you have presented an account balance of close to #10million or over and you expect such an application to fly? Sincerely I don't know who can turn this in your favor,probably you wait for some time before making another application,you can as well go to other places in between the wait

Yeah thanks, I had thought showing much funds could count as home ties for a single guy but now I know better...
No intentions re-applying soon though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Flawless1988: 1:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
Good day everyone!
I have been trying to pay the visa fee (113)$ with my GTB card but it has not been going through. What should I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2017
Flawless1988:
Good day everyone!
I have been trying to pay the visa fee (113)$ with my GTB card but it has not been going through. What should I do?

Unless your GTB card is USD/GBP/EUR dorm account, It won't work. All Naira dominated cards have been disabled till further notice. You will need to use other alternatives like online payment company that allows you to fund your account in Naira.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:37pm On Mar 04, 2017
mjee:
Good evening all. Please I just want to enquire on how one can pay the visa fees since it is in dollars. I will appreciate your kind response. Thank you

Use a USD/GBP/EUR dominated card to make payment. To get such cards, open a dormicillary account and fund it. Alternatively you can asked someone who has such cards to pay for you and pay him back the equivalent in Naira.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
abbij:
Hello Just Wise,

So here is our scenario. I am British/Nigeria married to my Nigerian Husband for the last 12 years, years we have 4 British children together, we live in Nigeria at the moment.
We are planing to travel as a family for a 2 week visit to the UK in a couple of weeks and and I have worries about my hubby being denied entry at border contol.
We applied for his Visa last year (1st time application), it was immediately granted, my brother who lives in in the UK is our sponsor and host.
Can anyone who has gone to the UK on a family visit visa tell me what questions to anticipate at POE and how best to prepare for it. We are genuine couple with obvious and extensive documentation to prove so. I am also worried about the Immigration officer wondering why I haven't file for the Spouse Visa for him. Just to answer that question, we just really were never interested in living and raising our kids in the UK. We are happy here in Nigeria. So your help, remarks, suggestions are needed. Or should I just bloody stop worrying about nothing?

No problem. Go as a family to the same POE. Try to avoid using the EU line as this will separate you and your husband even if they direct you to EU line as a British Citizen. Stay with your husband and submit all your passports together to the same POE. Everything will be fine. The last time I was with my British/Nigerian wife at POE, the only question they asked me was if my visit was for business or pleasure?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 1:00am On Mar 05, 2017
Please do I still need to snap a passport photograph to include in the forms coz I noticed it's not part of the requirements anymore?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:03am On Mar 05, 2017
nonoski:
Please do I still need to snap a passport photograph to include in the forms coz I noticed it's not part of the requirements anymore?

Not necessary. Passport photograph is no longer required for submission anymore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:29am On Mar 06, 2017
@Justwise. A big thank you. I collected my passport today with 5 years UK visa. I submitted on the 24 February at Ikeja and got a mail to pick up my passport on 3rd of March. Visa was issued on the 1 March. Visa issued by UKIV01 with a British Deputy High Commissioner stamped behind. Meaning that my application must have been processed at VI even though I got a mail from Sheffield on the 27 February that my application was with them for consideration. I also noticed that the visit visa was not categorised, just c-visit. My previous visit visas use was c-visit-business.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
ekpotek:
@Justwise. A big thank you. I collected my passport today with 5 years UK visa. I submitted on the 24 February at Ikeja and got a mail to pick up my passport on 3rd of March. Visa was issued on the 1 March. Visa issued by UKIV01 with a British Deputy High Commissioner stamped behind. Meaning that my application must have been processed at VI even though I got a mail from Sheffield on the 27 February that my application was with them for consideration. I also noticed that the visit visa was not categorised, just c-visit. My previous visit visas use was c-visit-business.

Congratulations! Great news

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daddysgal2015: 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
justwise:

ekpotek answered your question

Thanks alot. Congrats on your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olad2a(f): 8:37am On Mar 07, 2017
Captgb:
hello house the good people... I am glad n happy to tell the house I got my EEA Family permit visa today..... Thank u everyone in this forum and for those waiting for result, success is URS Gbam

Wow, congrats, that's some twelve weeks thing. What date were you given? Can you share your timeline
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 11:58am On Mar 07, 2017
olad2a:

Wow, congrats, that's some twelve weeks thing. What date were you given? Can you share your timeline

My time line below:

Online application on the 25th of November
Biometric done on the 13th of December

Got email that my application is not straight forward on the 15th of December

To God be d glory visa was issued on the 24th of February 2017

Got decision made email on the 2nd of March 2017

I picked up my passport n visa on the 3rd of March 2017.

Can't wait to re-unite with my wife...

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by esosa4real(m): 3:30am On Mar 08, 2017
Captgb:

My time line below:

Congrats capt, I know that feeling!! grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:03am On Mar 08, 2017
Captgb:

My time line below:

Congrats. Wishing u save trip back to the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abbij: 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2017
Thank you so much. Your comment really helped and it happened exactly like you said. We arrived in the UK yesterday with no issues at the POE.
ekpotek:

No problem. Go as a family to the same POE. Try to avoid using the EU line as this will separate you and your husband even if they direct you to EU line as a British Citizen. Stay with your husband and submit all your passports together to the same POE. Everything will be fine. The last time I was with my British/Nigerian wife at POE, the only question they asked me was if my visit was for business or pleasure?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abbyode(m): 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hello house, all efforts to pay $501 visa fee using stanbic IBTC USD card has proved abortive. It's not just going through. I even tried with my US BOA card and it's still not successful.Which alternative payment option can i try?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 4:42am On Mar 09, 2017
abbyode:
Hello house, all efforts to pay $501 visa fee using stanbic IBTC USD card has proved abortive. It's not just going through. I even tried with my US BOA card and it's still not successful.Which alternative payment option can i try?
Could be network issues. Give it some time and try again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Eastner: 2:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
justwise:

Breaking down your cost of the trip helps a lot since you are not going to be there to explain things to the ECO.

Typical examples are the case of hotel and flight cost..if you just stated how much you budgeted for hotel or flight how will the ECO know whether that amount is for budget hotel or 5star hotel? Whether the flight is economy or first class?

Hello Justwise..Ladylco
Trust you are fine,..I received an email yesterday that my passport is ready for collection,went to pick it up today and got visa denied. Reason for the refusal,is because the money my husband is more than what i earn,it appears i rely on support from relatives outside Nigeria.I do not have incentives to come back. Also,my husband and son are both british citizens. And so,they doubt i will return at the end of the visit. Please find attached the refusal letter. M quite devastated.. What do u make of the reasons? I attached letter from company,shares,land property,son's introduction letter,results,pictures..everything that shows i've got a job and he's schooling.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifeoluwakintan: 4:12pm On Mar 09, 2017
Dear Justwise and Everyone!

My husband applied for a UK visa to visit for 2 weeks. He had over 1,500,000 in his salary account. SINCERELY, do not intend staying more than 2 weeks. His proposed cost for ticket, accomodation and feeding was about 800,000 not up to. The section where you inform them about your family, he told them the children were born in the United state but the live with him in Nigeria. His purpose was to visit the exciting places in the United Kingdom as this is his first time of applying. We were surprised he was denied. Please find attached the refusal note. Please what could have been the problem. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifeoluwakintan: 4:30pm On Mar 09, 2017
Sorry i couldnt attached thr document.

Here is their decision as stated in the refusal note;

The decision:
I havr refused your application for a visit visa because i am not stisfied that you meeet the requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2A &E of Appenix V: Immigration Rukes for visitors because i note that you have previously visited the USA and returned to Nigeria. You were visiting your two children who are resident there. You state that you will travel to the UK dor 2 weeks. When asked on the visa application form what you will do in the UK you have stated "I intend visitinf toruist attractions such as the famous and moat talked about Buckingham Palace and other interesting places. Most importantly rest and enjoy the country". You have not given details of what you may wish to see or do on what may be your first visit to the UK and you appear to have no plans for your arrival in the United Kingdom. You have also noy provided satisfactory wvidende of sufficient and available funds to support the visit you propose. In view of the abovr and you apparent lack of preparation for your visit, i am not satisfied of your intentions in wishing to travel to the United Kingdom now.

Justwise please note that he attached the followings;
1. Salary Account Statement for 6 months
2. Landed property worth 7.5 million with evidence layout and receipt
3. Letter from his organization
4. Letter of employment
5. Staff ID card and Tax clearance
6. Payslip
7.Hotel Booking confirmation
8. Flight itinerary

What could have been the problem @justwise @all

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.