Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1537699 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
ifeoluwakintan:
Dear Justwise and Everyone!

My husband applied for a UK visa to visit for 2 weeks. He had over 1,500,000 in his salary account. SINCERELY, do not intend staying more than 2 weeks. His proposed cost for ticket, accomodation and feeding was about 800,000 not up to. The section where you inform them about your family, he told them the children were born in the United state but the live with him in Nigeria. His purpose was to visit the exciting places in the United Kingdom as this is his first time of applying. We were surprised he was denied. Please find attached the refusal note. Please what could have been the problem. Thanks

I suspect that they refused him because he proposed using half of his savings on a short holiday.
This can look like he has no reason to return.
Kids and wife are not much of a tie Nigerian men abandon them at the drop of a hat!
He should look at his ties to home and proof of return, then finances.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
How much does he earns monthly

ifeoluwakintan:
Dear Justwise and Everyone!

My husband applied for a UK visa to visit for 2 weeks. He had over 1,500,000 in his salary account. SINCERELY, do not intend staying more than 2 weeks. His proposed cost for ticket, accomodation and feeding was about 800,000 not up to. The section where you inform them about your family, he told them the children were born in the United state but the live with him in Nigeria. His purpose was to visit the exciting places in the United Kingdom as this is his first time of applying. We were surprised he was denied. Please find attached the refusal note. Please what could have been the problem. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
oloolo:
How much does he earns monthly and how much dI'd he state that he spends monthly

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifeoluwakintan: 4:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
Hello, thanks for your response about 450k monthly after tax.

oloolo:
How much does he earns monthly

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2017
He earns a good salary......but I belief you dI'd not properly package your application, .....wait like 2-3 months and save in excess of 2 million....this time list like 6 or 7 popular attraction in London u intend to visit like the west ministers abbey, London Eye, big ben E.T.C .....it show's you have properly researched the city or country you intend visiting.......and you can cut ur stay to 8-10 days so you can reduce your budget

ifeoluwakintan:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
ifeoluwakintan:
Sorry i couldnt attached thr document.

Here is their decision as stated in the refusal note;

The decision:
I havr refused your application for a visit visa because i am not stisfied that you meeet the requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2A &E of Appenix V: Immigration Rukes for visitors because i note that you have previously visited the USA and returned to Nigeria. You were visiting your two children who are resident there. You state that you will travel to the UK dor 2 weeks. When asked on the visa application form what you will do in the UK you have stated "I intend visitinf toruist attractions such as the famous and moat talked about Buckingham Palace and other interesting places. Most importantly rest and enjoy the country". You have not given details of what you may wish to see or do on what may be your first visit to the UK and you appear to have no plans for your arrival in the United Kingdom. You have also noy provided satisfactory wvidende of sufficient and available funds to support the visit you propose. In view of the abovr and you apparent lack of preparation for your visit, i am not satisfied of your intentions in wishing to travel to the United Kingdom now.

Justwise please note that he attached the followings;
1. Salary Account Statement for 6 months
2. Landed property worth 7.5 million with evidence layout and receipt
3. Letter from his organization
4. Letter of employment
5. Staff ID card and Tax clearance
6. Payslip
7.Hotel Booking confirmation
8. Flight itinerary

What could have been the problem @justwise @all

I think from the content of the decision, It will appears that your husband was a bit careless filling the online form. The fact that he has a US visa is not a guarantee that he will get a U.K. visa automatically. If he intend to reapply, he must provide more detail on the purpose of his visit. He can also used the additional information space in the online form to provide a itinerary on where he will visit, as well as a detail budget. Importantly, he should enclose a written note to address the lapses pointed out by the ECO. Note there two online forms available for U.K. visa application. Which form did he filled? The old form request for more details on finances than the new form. While the new forms request for more details on purpose of visit and activities in the U.K.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daddysgal2015: 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2017
ekpotek:

I think from the content of the decision, It will appears that your husband was a bit careless filling the online form. The fact that he has a US visa is not a guarantee that he will get a U.K. visa automatically. If he intend to reapply, he must provide more detail on the purpose of his visit. He can also used the additional information space in the online form to provide a itinerary on where he will visit, as well as a detail budget. Importantly, he should enclose a written note to address the lapses pointed out by the ECO. Note there two online forms available for U.K. visa application. Which form did he filled? The old form request for more details on finances than the new form. While the new forms request for more details on purpose of visit and activities in the U.K.

Good evening. Please can I get info on how to get the new form ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
Eastner:

Hello Justwise..Ladylco
Trust you are fine,..I received an email yesterday that my passport is ready for collection,went to pick it up today and got visa denied. Reason for the refusal,is because the money my husband is more than what i earn,it appears i rely on support from relatives outside Nigeria.I do not have incentives to come back. Also,my husband and son are both british citizens. And so,they doubt i will return at the end of the visit. Please find attached the refusal letter. M quite devastated.. What do u make of the reasons? I attached letter from company,shares,land property,son's introduction letter,results,pictures..everything that shows i've got a job and he's schooling.

Hi Eastner. Sorry about your refusal. Me think that ECO feels that your job is not a strong ties for you to return given the fact that your main family (husband and son) are British Citizens. Give it some times and reapply. Put more emphasis on explaining to the ECO why you will not leave your job, and that money being paid into your account is for the upkeep of your son which is obviously the responsibility of his father. If you have share, ask a your stock brooker to give a covering letter on the current values of the share. If this is your first application, don't give up. Sometime the ECO want you to proof that you will return back. Or else go for a spouse/settlement visa instead.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2017
daddysgal2015:

Good evening. Please can I get info on how to get the new form ?

The new form is now call the standard visitor visa. You can apply online here

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/uk-visit-visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
Eastner:

Hello Justwise..Ladylco
Trust you are fine,..I received an email yesterday that my passport is ready for collection,went to pick it up today and got visa denied. Reason for the refusal,is because the money my husband is more than what i earn,it appears i rely on support from relatives outside Nigeria.I do not have incentives to come back. Also,my husband and son are both british citizens. And so,they doubt i will return at the end of the visit. Please find attached the refusal letter. M quite devastated.. What do u make of the reasons? I attached letter from company,shares,land property,son's introduction letter,results,pictures..everything that shows i've got a job and he's schooling.

Sorry to hear about the refusal, do you regularly visit your husband and kids in the UK? If yes when was the last time you visited them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
ifeoluwakintan:

Here is their decision as stated in the refusal note;

The decision:
I havr refused your application for a visit visa because i am not stisfied that you meeet the requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2A &E of Appenix V: Immigration Rukes for visitors because i note that you have previously visited the USA and returned to Nigeria. You were visiting your two children who are resident there. You state that you will travel to the UK dor 2 weeks. When asked on the visa application form what you will do in the UK you have stated "I intend visitinf toruist attractions such as the famous and moat talked about Buckingham Palace and other interesting places. Most importantly rest and enjoy the country". You have not given details of what you may wish to see or do on what may be your first visit to the UK and you appear to have no plans for your arrival in the United Kingdom. You have also noy provided satisfactory wvidende of sufficient and available funds to support the visit you propose. In view of the abovr and you apparent lack of preparation for your visit, i am not satisfied of your intentions in wishing to travel to the United Kingdom now.

Justwise please note that he attached the followings;
1. Salary Account Statement for 6 months
2. Landed property worth 7.5 million with evidence layout and receipt
3. Letter from his organization
4. Letter of employment
5. Staff ID card and Tax clearance
6. Payslip
7.Hotel Booking confirmation
8. Flight itinerary

What could have been the problem @justwise @all

The problem here is lack of detailed info about the trip and breakdown of expenditure.

He should have stated places he tended to visit while in the UK and a break down of his budget for the trip.

How much did he budget for the trip and what is his salary range?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
ifeoluwakintan:

Decent amount but how much was in the bank statement he submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daddysgal2015: 8:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
ekpotek:

Please I know I have to apply for my baby but what can I do about all the questions being asked for a toddler... Like e.g employment status : I put unemployed instead of student because she hasn't started sch yet. And pls what do I put in questions like how much do you want to spend......shld I put same amount as what I wrote in mine or I have to make another plan for her own cost of trip ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
daddysgal2015:
Please I know I have to apply for my baby but what can I do about all the questions being asked for a toddler... Like e.g employment status : I put unemployed instead of student because she hasn't started sch yet. And pls what do I put in questions like how much do you want to spend......shld I put same amount as what I wrote in mine or I have to make another plan for her own cost of trip ?

Any questions that does not apply to your baby. Enter "not applicable" or state "infant traveling with mother" Under amount requested, leave it blank. When you are booking appointment to submit on teleperformances website, you will be able to link the two applications and submit it as a group application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifeoluwakintan: 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
Thanks alot. He will be more prepared next time. Though it's painful when you are honest in your application and it turnsbout this way. i sincerely allreciate your response. God blezsbyou.

oloolo:
He earns a good salary......but I belief you dI'd not properly package your application, .....wait like 2-3 months and save in excess of 2 million....this time list like 6 or 7 popular attraction in London u intend to visit like the west ministers abbey, London Eye, big ben E.T.C .....it show's you have properly researched the city or country you intend visiting.......and you can cut ur stay to 8-10 days so you can reduce your budget

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifeoluwakintan: 10:10pm On Mar 09, 2017
Thank you for your response and all the areas you thought he went wrong. He will work on those areas and apply some other time in the future. As regards to the form he completed, it was the on visa4uk.gov
ekpotek:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
Hello peeps. Please I want to know if funds such as car loan obtained as a civil servant, doesn't constitute cash lodgement? I recently got a car loan of 750k paid into my salary act and I am due to apply for uk visiting visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:09am On Mar 10, 2017
youseuph:
Hello peeps. Please I want to know if funds such as car loan obtained as a civil servant, doesn't constitute cash lodgement? I recently got a car loan of 750k paid into my salary act and I am due to apply for uk visiting visa.

Yes the ECO will consider the 750K as cash lodgement, unless you can provide evidence to the contrary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Eastner: 8:22am On Mar 10, 2017
ekpotek:

Hi Eastner. Sorry about your refusal. Me think that ECO feels that your job is not a strong ties for you to return given the fact that your main family (husband and son) are British Citizens. Give it some times and reapply. Put more emphasis on explaining to the ECO why you will not leave your job, and that money being paid into your account is for the upkeep of your son which is obviously the responsibility of his father. If you have share, ask a your stock brooker to give a covering letter on the current values of the share. If this is your first application, don't give up. Sometime the ECO want you to proof that you will return back. Or else go for a spouse/settlement visa instead.

Thank you so much for your comment,i'll give it sometime. This is my first application,we're holding off on the settlement visa till he's able to meet the financial threshold. I suppose,i'll have to put more emphasis on the reasons why i will not leave my job.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Eastner: 8:33am On Mar 10, 2017
justwise:

Sorry to hear about the refusal, do you regularly visit your husband and kids in the UK? If yes when was the last time you visited them?

No Justwise, this is actually my first application. My husband visits my son and I in Nigeria,regularly. Our son was born in lagos and we processed his british passport,right here in lagos.
I have nigerian passports from 2006,2011(which was submitted as part of son's passport process) and the latest passport with my change of surname in it.
I included all of these passports(hoping to establish some sort of tie to nigeria,since i'd never applied for a visa before,even before the financial requirement came into place). And i've been in a relationship with my husband since 2005,before we got married in 2012.
And i've been working at my present job since 2008. I did feel,all of this would show i had roots right here,in this country and will definately return back to my job.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2017
youseuph:

You must have a receipt to show where the loan came from.
You need to convince the VO that the money is for a car, not being used as travel funds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 8:58am On Mar 10, 2017
ifeoluwakintan:

You state that you will travel to the UK dor 2 weeks. When asked on the visa application form what you will do in the UK you have stated "I intend visitinf toruist attractions such as the famous and moat talked about Buckingham Palace and other interesting places. Most importantly rest and enjoy the country". You have not given details of what you may wish to see or do on what may be your first visit to the UK and you appear to have no plans for your arrival in the United Kingdom.

See an idea of what i write for itinerary. Will soon modify so read it quick.

Modified.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 9:05am On Mar 10, 2017
worry357:

You must have a receipt to show where the loan came from.
You need to convince the VO that the money is for a car, not being used as travel funds.

Sure there's a letter to that effect plus the money was paid directly by the state govt into my salary account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:52pm On Mar 10, 2017
Eastner:

No Justwise, this is actually my first application. My husband visits my son and I in Nigeria,regularly. Our son was born in lagos and we processed his british passport,right here in lagos.
I have nigerian passports from 2006,2011(which was submitted as part of son's passport process) and the latest passport with my change of surname in it.
I included all of these passports(hoping to establish some sort of tie to nigeria,since i'd never applied for a visa before,even before the financial requirement came into place). And i've been in a relationship with my husband since 2005,before we got married in 2012.
And i've been working at my present job since 2008. I did feel,all of this would show i had roots right here,in this country and will definately return back to my job.

I understand what you are saying, it's one of those cases where a different ECO would have seen things differently. This refusal has given you an idea what to write as personal statement for next application.

With good explanation as you stated above your chances of getting a visa is higher if you decided to reapply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Eastner: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2017
justwise:

I understand what you are saying, it's one of those cases where a different ECO would have seen things differently. This refusal has given you an idea what to write as personal statement for next application.

With good explanation as you stated above your chances of getting a visa is higher if you decided to reapply.

Thank you Justwise for taking your time to respond. I truly appreciate your input. And i'll give a detailed explanation in my next application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 8:20am On Mar 11, 2017
youseuph:

Sure there's a letter to that effect plus the money was paid directly by the state govt into my salary account.

Will the fact that it was paid directly by the govt into my salary account and the letter be enough for the ECO not to consider it a lodgement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 9:04am On Mar 11, 2017
youseuph:

Will the fact that it was paid directly by the govt into my salary account and the letter be enough for the ECO not to consider it a lodgement?
Question you may be asked.

You say the money is for a car,
Why have you not bought a car?
Why still in your account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by collinsfbi(m): 12:11pm On Mar 11, 2017
To all moderators, users of travel section most especially to all lonely tourists and students, I find it necessary to open a thread for this purpose because I realized a lot of people are traveling to different destination without knowing anybody, even when you know somebody, they may not have your time but it's a different thing entirely if you find a travel partner who maybe heading towards your destination or who you can plan a trip together. This will help a lot lonely travelers in sharing information about your destination, hotel information, propose site attractions, itinerary and many more.

I will kick off this thread by asking if there is anyone traveling to UK for Easter Holiday, London to be specific. Let's hook up if you are interested, a friend we plan to travel together was denied and I don't feel like traveling alone because the trip was planned purposely because of him. Meanwhile this is not my first time going to the UK and i also have family there but I don't want to stay with anybody this time. If you are traveling to UK (London) in April, let hook up?

link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/3676329/find-travel-partner-find-travel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by swindoll123(m): 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
ekpotek:

can my father-in-law, who resides in Nigeria with me, sponsor my trip to UK (5weeks)? Does a sponsor have to be my parents, uncle, aunty or siblings?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sherrie: 11:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
Kindly clarify, on the UK visa application form where it is asked do you have savings? Would it be appropriate to state the closing balance on my bank statement. Am confused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:15am On Mar 12, 2017
Sherrie:
Kindly clarify, on the UK visa application form where it is asked do you have savings? Would it be appropriate to state the closing balance on my bank statement. Am confused

Yes when asked to state the amount.

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.