Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,996 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529585 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sherrie: 9:20am On Mar 12, 2017
Thank you justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:10am On Mar 12, 2017
Sherrie:
Kindly clarify, on the UK visa application form where it is asked do you have savings? Would it be appropriate to state the closing balance on my bank statement. Am confused
If you're filling the new online form. And if your answer is yes. You will need to enter an amount that represents your savings with documents to support it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:15am On Mar 12, 2017
swindoll123:

can my father-in-law, who resides in Nigeria with me, sponsor my trip to UK (5weeks)? Does a sponsor have to be my parents, uncle, aunty or siblings?

The question the ECO will consider will be why is your husband not sponsoring you. Anybody can be your sponsor, however, the ECO will consider your presence circumstances in making a decision, regardless of who is your sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:26am On Mar 12, 2017
worry357:

Question you may be asked.

You say the money is for a car,
Why have you not bought a car?
Why still in your account?

In support of @worry357. I will advise that you deplete your bank account of this fund. Unless you have had intention of using it to beef up your bank balance for the application. You are free to provide multiple bank statements so far you can explain the source of any large lodgement. In this case, this is a car loan and it is unwise to use a loan for tourism.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:05am On Mar 12, 2017
Hi @Justwise is it advisable to arrive 3-5 days earlier than planned date of arrival. This is due to cost of air ticket which is cheaper if arriving 5 days earlier. Note visa was issued on 1st March 2017. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:45am On Mar 12, 2017
ekpotek:
Hi @Justwise is it advisable to arrive 3-5 days earlier than planned date of arrival. This is due to cost of air ticket which is cheaper if arriving 5 days earlier. Note visa was issued on 1st March 2017. Thanks.

I will do the same if i were in your position, i don't see them sending you back because of it.

Ticket price now is crazy!

I was supposed to visit Nigeria this month but while i was searching for ticket i realised that traveling earlier will save me about £400 and that was what i did and traveled last month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2017
justwise:

I will do the same if i were in your position, i don't see them sending you back because of it.

Ticket price now is crazy!

I was supposed to visit Nigeria this month but while i was searching for ticket i realised that traveling earlier will save me about £400 and that was what i did and traveled last month.

This is reassuring. I will go ahead to book a ticket for my wife and l to depart on 27 March then.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sherrie: 2:41pm On Mar 12, 2017
ekpotek:

If you're filling the new online form. And if your answer is yes. You will need to enter an amount that represents your savings with documents to support it.
Yes - the new online form
My bank statement reflects my salary and money have saved up after each months spending. My question is for the amount to be stated, will it be appropriate to state the closing balance as my savings and submit the bank statement as the document you talked about.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Francois10(m): 6:01pm On Mar 12, 2017
@ justwise @ekpotek i sell art works on a part time basis what documents can I provide to use it as an extra source of income in visa application. I am applying for a 6 mth tourist visa. I have a full-time salaried work.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:09pm On Mar 12, 2017
Sherrie:

Yes - the new online form
My bank statement reflects my salary and money have saved up after each months spending. My question is for the amount to be stated, will it be appropriate to state the closing balance as my savings and submit the bank statement as the document you talked about.

The ECO would normally expect that you have a separate saving account for savings. Having said that, it will be difficult for you to declare the amount in current bank account as savings, since this can also be regarded as unspent fund. I would suggest that you since your bank account is healthy and good enough to go, you do not need to declared any savings. The ECO will evaluate your income via a vis your monthly expenditure to compute your financial eligibility for a UK visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2017
Francois10:
@ justwise @ekpotek i sell art works on a part time basis what documents can I provide to use it as an extra source of income in visa application. I am applying for a 6 mth tourist visa. I have a full-time salaried work.
Thank you

Receipts, invoices, purchase order, delivery notes. etc to show that you are earning additional income for artworks and point the ECO to where these payment are reflected in your bank statements.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 11:49pm On Mar 12, 2017
ekpotek:

In support of @worry357. I will advise that you deplete your bank account of this fund. Unless you have had intention of using it to beef up your bank balance for the application. You are free to provide multiple bank statements so far you can explain the source of any large lodgement. In this case, this is a car loan and it is unwise to use a loan for tourism.

Thank you @ekpotek. I actually had an intention of using it to 'beef up' my account. This is because am being owed salary in arrears( 6mths). But I have up to 600k (excluding the loan amount)in account and felt it might not be enough. A friend of mine is inviting me, thus reducing my budget to ticket and transportation.

However I have a joint business with a friend but we are not collecting salary. How best can explained the use of such fund for visa purpose.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:46am On Mar 13, 2017
youseuph:

Thank you @ekpotek. I actually had an intention of using it to 'beef up' my account. This is because am being owed salary in arrears( 6mths). But I have up to 600k (excluding the loan amount)in account and felt it might not be enough. A friend of mine is inviting me, thus reducing my budget to ticket and transportation.

However I have a joint business with a friend but we are not collecting salary. How best can explained the use of such fund for visa purpose.

Is the business registered? Do you have tax clearance certificate? You can included your business documents to demonstrate ties to home country.

If you have a host inviting you. 600K is sufficient to cover airticket and local transports. All you need to do is enclose a note in your application to ECO to explain that the lump sum in your bank statement is a car loan facility from your work place that you are entitled to. Provide detail itinerary of your trip and mention to the ECO that you will staying with a friend supported by invitation letter, council bill, copy of host passport etc. Let your budget for the trip not exceed N600K.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chukky77: 9:25am On Mar 13, 2017
please i need help. i'm applying to join my wife in the uk. First of all is it the settlement-husband visa i will use.

secondly i have filled the online form for that category, not yet submitted. i found also another form online appendix 2 of vaf4a. Do i need to fill that as well? Does my spouse need to send anything from her end direct to sheffield as shes given me most of the documents?

please someone help, its a bit confusing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 9:40am On Mar 13, 2017
Chukky77:
please i need help. i'm applying to join my wife in the uk.

If you post your question in the spouse visa section you might get more answers.
https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/266
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sherrie: 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2017
ekpotek:

The ECO would normally expect that you have a separate saving account for savings. Having said that, it will be difficult for you to declare the amount in current bank account as savings, since this can also be regarded as unspent fund. I would suggest that you since your bank account is healthy and good enough to go, you do not need to declared any savings. The ECO will evaluate your income via a vis your monthly expenditure to compute your financial eligibility for a UK visit visa.
Thank you ekpotek
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:11pm On Mar 13, 2017
Sherrie:
Thank you ekpotek

You're welcome. Just ensure that your budget for trip does not exceed what you have in bank balance. In fact use only have of the amount. This will convince the ECO that you're not coming back to starve. cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2017
UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
extraSMOOTH:
Hi experienced folks here. I am due to attend an exam in the U.K in 2months. I intend to stay for just 4days. I have a stable job that pays 300k monthly but the problem is, I only have 500k saved up in my account. I am married and I am not using a sponsor, what I have should be enough for 4days but I want to know how best to package my application.
What are my chances please?

If you are proposing to spend all your savings on a short trip then your chances are poor.

What connection does the exam have with your employment?
Can you get a letter of support from your stable employer?
Will you return to your job, can you prove this?(Letter from employer)

Being married is not much of a tie, Nigerians are known to abandon a family to travel and hussle!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2017
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Isoken2000: 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2017
@ justwise thank you for your response

I applied for UK visiting visa on the 10th of February 2017, I received a mail from Sheffield that my application has been received. since I didn't receive any other mail. I just got a mail now saying my application has been assessed and my passport has been returned to me. below is a copy of the letter received

Reference: GWFxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxx

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents andthe decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we willcontact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

please can you know the outcome of the decision from this email

thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
Isoken2000:
@ justwise thank you for your response

I applied for UK visiting visa on the 10th of February 2017, I received a mail from Sheffield that my application has been received. since I didn't receive any other mail. I just got a mail now saying my application has been assessed and my passport has been returned to me. below is a copy of the letter received

Reference: GWFxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxx

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents andthe decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we willcontact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

please can you know the outcome of the decision from this email

thank you

Sorry no one can tell you the outcome of your application. You'll know the outcome when you collect your passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
ekpotek:

Is the business registered? Do you have tax clearance certificate? You can included your business documents to demonstrate ties to home country.

If you have a host inviting you. 600K is sufficient to cover airticket and local transports. All you need to do is enclose a note in your application to ECO to explain that the lump sum in your bank statement is a car loan facility from your work place that you are entitled to. Provide detail itinerary of your trip and mention to the ECO that you will staying with a friend supported by invitation letter, council bill, copy of host passport etc. Let your budget for the trip not exceed N600K.

Tx sir. Trying to get the documents in place, but I was told that there is tax exemption for the kind of business I do (pharmacy). Which other documents do I have to present in respect of the company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mjee(f): 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hello All,

Trust the day has been progressing well. I am visiting my uncle in the Uk but the space they have for relative only stated immediate relations, can i also say YES and also fill my uncle details . See below for what we have on the form. Thank you while i await your response

Family who live in the UK

Do you have any family in the UK? (Required)
This includes:

immediate family - husband, wife, parents or children
grandparents or grandchildren
your husband's or wife's family
your child's partner or spouse
your partner, if you have lived with them for 2 out of the last 3 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Isoken2000: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
[@ justwise

I applied for UK visiting visa in February after I was refused December last year, I got my passport back today and was refused visa. again it's the same excuse of not sure the money in the account is mine. last time the ECO stated I had unexplained deposits in one of my accounts. this time I added a covering letter to my application clarifying the deposit in relation to my baking and decoration I do on the side in addition to my salary. I submitted receipts/invoice for this. from the look of this, no reference was made to this which goes to show that the ECO didn't even read the covering letter.

This is my 2nd refusal in 3month. what do I do now.

justwise I need your advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:10am On Mar 16, 2017
mjee:
Hello All,

Trust the day has been progressing well. I am visiting my uncle in the Uk but the space they have for relative only stated immediate relations, can i also say YES and also fill my uncle details . See below for what we have on the form. Thank you while i await your response

Family who live in the UK

Do you have any family in the UK? (Required)
This includes:

immediate family - husband, wife, parents or children
grandparents or grandchildren
your husband's or wife's family
your child's partner or spouse
your partner, if you have lived with them for 2 out of the last 3 years

Yes. Your Uncle is also assummed to be your immediate family member.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:14am On Mar 16, 2017
Isoken2000:
[@ justwise

I applied for UK visiting visa in February after I was refused December last year, I got my passport back today and was refused visa. again it's the same excuse of not sure the money in the account is mine. last time the ECO stated I had unexplained deposits in one of my accounts. this time I added a covering letter to my application clarifying the deposit in relation to my baking and decoration I do on the side in addition to my salary. I submitted receipts/invoice for this. from the look of this, no reference was made to this which goes to show that the ECO didn't even read the covering letter.

This is my 2nd refusal in 3month. what do I do now.

justwise I need your advice

Sorry to hear about your second refusal in 3 months. We can only be of help if you post your refusal letter here for us to evaluate it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Isoken2000: 7:11am On Mar 16, 2017
Justwise

This is a copy of the refusal letter

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Isoken2000: 7:14am On Mar 16, 2017
justwise
this is a copy of the refusal letter

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:36am On Mar 16, 2017
Isoken2000:
justwise

this is a copy of the refusal letter

@Isoken2000. I guess this is a case of not really addressing the issue raised in your first refusal. For instance, you know that your salary is 100K but you declared it to be 200K in your second application why? The ECO is also right to have queried the cash deposit which you also claimed it as salary. There are a lot of inconsistency in your application form, as such the ECO sees you as desperate and hence the refusal. If you do not have any immigration history, try visiting some other country before trying again. My advice to you is to plan your UK travel when you have cleaned your bank account of these cash deposit after 6 months. Then you will have better salary bank statement to submit. Secondly, do not use your salary account for your side business anymore. Ensure that all side business is paid into another bank account and keep the receipts as references.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Isoken2000: 9:22am On Mar 16, 2017
@justwise

This is actually the problem. I don't use my salary account for anything. no other deposit entered that account. I use my savings account for my side business. both accounts are separated and it's clear. the first application I quoted my salary as 100,070, this is what is paid into my account monthly. I submitted my salary account statement plus my savings account but they questioned it. since I had a side business, this time, I added monthly income from the business to my salary hence the 200,070. this is what I filled in the section they asked "what is total income from all source of employment", I also added a covering letter explaining this. I submitted receipts from my side business.

in December,from my salary account, I loan my sister about 200k for her rent because of delay in her salary payment and that of her husband, this they paid back a week later. is this now counted against me? I even explained it in the covering letter which obviously was not read

my question is this, is it compulsory that salary be paid by cheque or transfer from company account? where I work, most of our business money comes in cash, and some of the staffs prefer cash payment which actually saves the company bank charges. I actually insisted along with top staff that our salary be paid into our account for documentation. now they are questioning this

I have a conference to attend in South Africa in April, what impact will this have on my passport .

thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:06am On Mar 16, 2017
Isoken2000:
@justwise

This is actually the problem. I don't use my salary account for anything. no other deposit entered that account. I use my savings account for my side business. both accounts are separated and it's clear. the first application I quoted my salary as 100,070, this is what is paid into my account monthly. I submitted my salary account statement plus my savings account but they questioned it. since I had a side business, this time, I added monthly income from the business to my salary hence the 200,070. this is what I filled in the section they asked "what is total income from all source of employment", I also added a covering letter explaining this. I submitted receipts from my side business.

in December,from my salary account, I loan my sister about 200k for her rent because of delay in her salary payment and that of her husband, this they paid back a week later. is this now counted against me? I even explained it in the covering letter which obviously was not read

my question is this, is it compulsory that salary be paid by cheque or transfer from company account? where I work, most of our business money comes in cash, and some of the staffs prefer cash payment which actually saves the company bank charges. I actually insisted along with top staff that our salary be paid into our account for documentation. now they are questioning this

I have a conference to attend in South Africa in April, what impact will this have on my passport .

thank you

Good since you are visiting South Africa, that will count as good immigration history. You then reapply. Like I said replying again now will result in another refusal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.