Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,741 members, 7,813,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526735 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lawrins8: 11:35am On Apr 17, 2017
I used Dubai and rwand airline. Pls is it not going to affect my application with tge UK embassy because I didn't travel at all. The transaction occur this April 2017. What I want to know is if the UK embassy will not be asking why I bought PTA without showing on my passport that I travelled. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
lawrins8:
I used Dubai and rwand airline. Pls is it not going to affect my application with tge UK embassy because I didn't travel at all. The transaction occur this April 2017. What I want to know is if the UK embassy will not be asking why I bought PTA without showing on my passport that I travelled. Thanks

No the home office will not consider this regardless of the bank stamping your passport. What you do with your PTA is your business.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2017
lawrins8:

And you sold the dollar for profit at black market? ....Nigerians,You cheated somewhere and now you are afraid of your shadow,it is always good to stay on the path of truth

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by graceode: 9:21am On Apr 18, 2017
HELLO HOUSE, I LIVES IN THE U.K. WITH A TIER 5 RELIGIOUS WORKER VISA AND AM BACK TO NIGERIA. I CAME FEW DAYS BEFORE THE EXPIRATION OF MY VISA. NOW I WANT TO ATTEND MY SISTER'S GRADUATION AND HAVE ABOUT 800K IN MY ACCOUNT. I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS AMOUNT IS GOING TO BE SUFFICIENT TO SHOW TO THE ECO BECAUSE ACCOMMODATION AND FEEDING WILL BE PROVIDED BY MY COUSIN WHO ALSO LIVE IN SAME CITY AS MY SISTER. AGAIN AM WORKING AND EARNING LIKE 150K A MONTH BUT OUR SALARY IS USUALLY PAID INTO OUR BANK ACCOUNT BY CASH DEPOSIT IN OUR COMPANY'S NAME AND I HAVE PAYSLIPS TO SUPPORT THAT. HOPE THAT IS OKAY? ALSO I DO HAVE SOME CASH THAT USED TO ENTER MY ACCOUNT LIKE 8K, 2K, 5K BUT NOT UP TO 15K. DO I STILL NEED TO EXPLAIN THE SOURCE OF THOSE MONEY? I INTEND STAYING FOR 3 WEEKS AND PUT FLIGHT AMOUNT TO BE £500 AND LIVING EXPENSES TO BE £300 IS THAT OKAY? PLS I NEED YOUR INPUTS. GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Joyce27: 11:15am On Apr 18, 2017
Hello guys, I am a UK permanent resident and would like my husband to join me here, but I am unable to meet the financial requirement of £18,600 at the moment, Because I work part time and I have just set up a business, my question is can I invite my husband as a visitor and state it on the invitation letter that because I can meet up with the financial requirement at the moment. Please any tips and advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by HILCROWN(m): 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
Good day Everyone,

I presently reside and work in UAE, I want to apply for UK in Nigeria by December. I want to know if I can use hotel booking only without invitation letter, just a visit of 7 - 8days. I also want to know if I can use my statement of account in UAE as there's no opportunity for me to do turnover with my Nigeria account, I planned to attached a return ticket to UAE as one of the supporting documents.

Thank you all in anticipation of your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
Joyce27:
Hello guys, I am a UK permanent resident and would like my husband to join me here, but I am unable to meet the financial requirement of £18,600 at the moment, Because I work part time and I have just set up a business, my question is can I invite my husband as a visitor and state it on the invitation letter that because I can meet up with the financial requirement at the moment. Please any tips and advice

Honestly for you to invite your husband, you will need to show proof of adequate fund, accommodation to support his stay. Unless you husband has good job in Nigeria and able to demonstrate to ECO that he will return after his visit, he may not be granted the visa. Also mentioning that because you do not meet the £18,600 financial requirement is a red flag as the ECO may assumed that you want to use the "back door" to bring your husband into the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
HILCROWN:
Good day Everyone,

I presently reside and work in UAE, I want to apply for UK in Nigeria by December. I want to know if I can use hotel booking only without invitation letter, just a visit of 7 - 8days. I also want to know if I can use my statement of account in UAE as there's no opportunity for me to do turnover with my Nigeria account, I planned to attached a return ticket to UAE as one of the supporting documents.

Thank you all in anticipation of your response.

You do not need an invitation letter for a tourist visa. Hotel accommodation is okay. The most important thing is the ability to fund your trip, so a certified Dubai bank statement is good enough. Also you may also provide copy of resident and work permit as supporting documentation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
graceode:
HELLO HOUSE, I LIVES IN THE U.K. WITH A TIER 5 RELIGIOUS WORKER VISA AND AM BACK TO NIGERIA. I CAME FEW DAYS BEFORE THE EXPIRATION OF MY VISA. NOW I WANT TO ATTEND MY SISTER'S GRADUATION AND HAVE ABOUT 800K IN MY ACCOUNT. I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS AMOUNT IS GOING TO BE SUFFICIENT TO SHOW TO THE ECO BECAUSE ACCOMMODATION AND FEEDING WILL BE PROVIDED BY MY COUSIN WHO ALSO LIVE IN SAME CITY AS MY SISTER. AGAIN AM WORKING AND EARNING LIKE 150K A MONTH BUT OUR SALARY IS USUALLY PAID INTO OUR BANK ACCOUNT BY CASH DEPOSIT IN OUR COMPANY'S NAME AND I HAVE PAYSLIPS TO SUPPORT THAT. HOPE THAT IS OKAY? ALSO I DO HAVE SOME CASH THAT USED TO ENTER MY ACCOUNT LIKE 8K, 2K, 5K BUT NOT UP TO 15K. DO I STILL NEED TO EXPLAIN THE SOURCE OF THOSE MONEY? I INTEND STAYING FOR 3 WEEKS AND PUT FLIGHT AMOUNT TO BE £500 AND LIVING EXPENSES TO BE £300 IS THAT OKAY? PLS I NEED YOUR INPUTS. GOD BLESS YOU.

The success of your application will depend on your presence circumstances. Your previous UK immigration history as religious worker will also count as you did not violate your previous visa term. However, the ECO will be worried about your present salary and your eagerness to spend £800 (N315K) which is twice your salary for a vacation. Convincing the ECO that you will not recourse to pubic fund is where the matter lies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lawrins8: 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
Thank you ekpotek. Please what do you think I can do to make the application a successful one? Though I was single when I went to U.K. as a religious worker but I am married now. I also have land sale agreement for the land I bought before I got married. Is it okay as I want to support my salary payment with payslips from my workplace because the narration on our bank statement used to show MARCH 2017 SALARY XYZ NIGERIA LIMITED but it is paid in cash. Though I used to read on this thread that one can still spend like 2x of ur salary. Another question is this pls. . Can I apply for 2years or I should apply for 6 months. And hope those other little amount entering my account is not bad. SORRY MY PHONE IS OFF AND AM USING MY FRIEND'S ACCOUNT TO REPLY TO UR MSG BECAUSE HE INTRODUCED ME TO THIS FORUM THIS MORNING. THANKS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
lawrins8:
Thank you ekpotek. Please what do you think I can do to make the application a successful one? Though I was single when I went to U.K. as a religious worker but I am married now. I also have land sale agreement for the land I bought before I got married. Is it okay as I want to support my salary payment with payslips from my workplace because the narration on our bank statement used to show MARCH 2017 SALARY XYZ NIGERIA LIMITED but it is paid in cash. Though I used to read on this thread that one can still spend like 2x of ur salary. Another question is this pls. . Can I apply for 2years or I should apply for 6 months. And hope those other little amount entering my account is not bad. Thanks.

I don't know if the using two user names is allowed on this thread. I just read your reply which happen to be a reaction from my last response to @graceode. Yours was about PTA and passport stuffs. Are you now @graceode too?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lawrins8: 11:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
No. Lawrence is my friend and he told me this morning that he got a solution to his issues on this thread. So he advised me to register on this thread this morning to ask my question here. We are together but my phone is off so am using his account to view responses at the moment because I don't have battery on my phone. I don't want to log his account out on his phone. That is why. He said this forum has been helping people. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by graceode: 7:02am On Apr 19, 2017
hank you ekpotek. Please what do you think I can do to make the application a successful one? Though I was single when I went to U.K. as a religious worker but I am married now. I also have land sale agreement for the land I bought before I got married. Is it okay as I want to support my salary payment with payslips from my workplace because the narration on our bank statement used to show MARCH 2017 SALARY XYZ NIGERIA LIMITED but it is paid in cash. Though I used to read on this thread that one can still spend like 2x of ur salary. Another question is this pls. . Can I apply for 2years or I should apply for 6 months. And hope those other little amount entering my account is not bad. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 19, 2017
Hi, I submitted my application for visit visa since 29th March and did biometrics on 3rd April. I am yet to get any mail from from them apart from the initial mail that my application was recieved by UKVI. Should I be worried? Should I send them a mail?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by HILCROWN(m): 8:00am On Apr 19, 2017
ekpotek:

You do not need an invitation letter for a tourist visa. Hotel accommodation is okay. The most important thing is the ability to fund your trip, so a certified Dubai bank statement is good enough. Also you may also provide copy of resident and work permit as supporting documentation.

Thank you brother, my work permit is embedded on my passport and I will attach copy of my Emirates Id Card. Am really sorry to disturb you, like how much do you think is enough for me to prove my ability to fund the 7 - 8 days trip. (Naira) I will do the conversion. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:08am On Apr 19, 2017
EggPlant:
Hi, I submitted my application for visit visa since 29th March and did biometrics on 3rd April. I am yet to get any mail from from them apart from the initial mail that my application was recieved by UKVI. Should I be worried? Should I send them a mail?

You can track the progress of your application on Teleperformance website where you booked your appointment. You should be able to get a decision this week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:13am On Apr 19, 2017
HILCROWN:

Thank you brother, my work permit is embedded on my passport and I will attach copy of my Emirates Id Card. Am really sorry to disturb you, like how much do you think is enough for me to prove my ability to fund the 7 - 8 days trip. (Naira) I will do the conversion. Thank you

You will need to work out your expenses yourself and see if you have enough fund to cover them. These may include return flight ticket, hotel accommodation, local taxi/bus fare, health insurance, feeding, shopping, tickets to tourist sites etc. It is reasonable to work out these expenses in GB pounds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:25am On Apr 19, 2017
graceode:
hank you ekpotek. Please what do you think I can do to make the application a successful one? Though I was single when I went to U.K. as a religious worker but I am married now. I also have land sale agreement for the land I bought before I got married. Is it okay as I want to support my salary payment with payslips from my workplace because the narration on our bank statement used to show MARCH 2017 SALARY XYZ NIGERIA LIMITED but it is paid in cash. Though I used to read on this thread that one can still spend like 2x of ur salary. Another question is this pls. . Can I apply for 2years or I should apply for 6 months. And hope those other little amount entering my account is not bad. Thanks.

The only way your application can fly is to support your salary base with savings and investments. So your land agreement can do, but the ECO will like to know the value of this land, when you acquire the land. Your marital status is a tie to Nigeria. Like I said, your previous UK immigration history will count here, and if you have visited other countries like US, Europe etc. You can only apply for 6 months now. Applying for 2 years is very expensive gamble which I advise against. The little amount entering your account is nothing, as long as it is not a lump sum that is over your salary which you must explain to the ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:25am On Apr 19, 2017
lawrins8:
No. Lawrence is my friend and he told me this morning that he got a solution to his issues on this thread. So he advised me to register on this thread this morning to ask my question here. We are together but my phone is off so am using his account to view responses at the moment because I don't have battery on my phone. I don't want to log his account out on his phone. That is why. He said this forum has been helping people. Thanks

Okay noted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by graceode: 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
But please how can I show the value of the land. I have never visited any other country since I came back. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by HILCROWN(m): 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2017
ekpotek:

You will need to work out your expenses yourself and see if you have enough fund to cover them. These may include return flight ticket, hotel accommodation, local taxi/bus fare, health insurance, feeding, shopping, tickets to tourist sites etc. It is reasonable to work out these expenses in GB pounds.

I really appreciate your response; Can I use my mother pension account and saving account with my personal account as proof of finance. Considering the fact that my closing balance might be #1.2m but her pension is over #2m but her savings closing balance might not be up to #500k.

My concern is can I use her pension account and use her as a sponsor.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
HILCROWN:

I really appreciate your response; Can I use my mother pension account and saving account with my personal account as proof of finance. Considering the fact that my closing balance might be #1.2m but her pension is over #2m but her savings closing balance might not be up to #500k.

My concern is can I use her pension account and use her as a sponsor.

Thank you

No you cannot use your mother account or funds. You are an adult and working. If you cannot fund your vacation with your own fund, then you do not need to take the trip. Your closing balance will be sufficient if you scale down on the number of days to spend to a maximum of 7 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
graceode:
But please how can I show the value of the land. I have never visited any other country since I came back. Thanks.

Get a valuation from a certified land agent or surveyor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by HILCROWN(m): 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
ekpotek:

No you cannot use your mother account or funds. You are an adult and working. If you cannot fund your vacation with your own fund, then you do not need to take the trip. Your closing balance will be sufficient if you scale down on the number of days to spend to a maximum of 7 days.

Thank you brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mummyzi: 9:49am On Apr 20, 2017
Hello guruz, thanks for your good work.I find dis forum very informative.God bless yu all.
I want to travel to uk with my 2kids and hubby is sponsoring us.Hubby is a diplomat and has diplomatic passport so he does not use visas.I want to apply with my 2 kids of which one is a US citizen.Am self employed and hubby is giving us all his documents for d visa application ie payslip, bank statement (which is robust enough),copy of his diplomatic passport, letter from his work place and I will complete it with other supporting documents av seen people listed on d forum.We have good travel history.My sister lives in the uk with her family but we want to apply without her invitation using hotel booking.I want to prepare and apply with every necessary docs required even though hubby is telking me not to put plenty docs as his office papers,bank statements r eniugh.My questions are:
1.Does my us citizen child need a uk visa
2.Do I need to include my own bank statement since am self employed
3.Do I need to fill in the application form that I have my sister in d uk
4.Is it ok if I use hotel booking rather than invitation letter
5.What are my chances of getting d visa since its our 1st time applying for uk visa
6.Should I choose visit or tourist.
Please kindly advice me better.Thank you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:07am On Apr 20, 2017
mummyzi:
Hello guruz, thanks for your good work.I find dis forum very informative.God bless yu all.
I want to travel to uk with my 2kids and hubby is sponsoring us.Hubby is a diplomat and has diplomatic passport so he does not use visas.I want to apply with my 2 kids of which one is a US citizen.Am self employed and hubby is giving us all his documents for d visa application ie payslip, bank statement (which is robust enough),copy of his diplomatic passport, letter from his work place and I will complete it with other supporting documents av seen people listed on d forum.We have good travel history.My sister lives in the uk with her family but we want to apply without her invitation using hotel booking.I want to prepare and apply with every necessary docs required even though hubby is telking me not to put plenty docs as his office papers,bank statements r eniugh.My questions are:
1.Does my us citizen child need a uk visa
2.Do I need to include my own bank statement since am self employed
3.Do I need to fill in the application form that I have my sister in d uk
4.Is it ok if I use hotel booking rather than invitation letter
5.What are my chances of getting d visa since its our 1st time applying for uk visa
6.Should I choose visit or tourist.
Please kindly advice me better.Thank you all

Reponse
1. No, your US citizen child does not need a UK visa
2. Yes, you must include your bank statement even though your hubby is sponsoring the trip
3. Yes, you must declare all valid relationship you have with anyone living in the UK
4. Yes, it is absolutely okay to use hotel booking if you have no intention of staying with your sister
5. Your chances of getting the visa depends on the ECO accessing your application, your profile and your hubby diplomatic status in the UK
6. All visit visas (tourist, medical, business, family) are now known as Standard visitor. You will be asked when filling the application, your purpose for the visit. Then you can explain yourself.

If your hubby is currently posted as a diplomat to the UK, then you do not have to worry, otherwise, your hubby diplomatic status notwithstanding, your application may be refused if you do not have or provide adequate documents to support your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mummyzi: 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
ekpotek:

Reponse
1. No, your US citizen child does not need a UK visa
2. Yes, you must include your bank statement even though your hubby is sponsoring the trip
3. Yes, you must declare all valid relationship you have with anyone living in the UK
4. Yes, it is absolutely okay to use hotel booking if you have no intention of staying with your sister
5. Your chances of getting the visa depends on the ECO accessing your application, your profile and your hubby diplomatic status in the UK
6. All visit visas (tourist, medical, business, family) are now known as Standard visitor. You will be asked when filling the application, your purpose for the visit. Then you can explain yourself.

If your hubby is currently posted as a diplomat to the UK, then you do not have to worry, otherwise, your hubby diplomatic status notwithstanding, your application may be refused if you do not have or provide adequate documents to support your application.

Thanks alot ekpotek! He is not a diplomat to uk.Do yu know about this Gtb new visa platform which allows an applicant or sponsor send the statement of account from Gtb to visa application centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Gcool2(m): 2:12am On Apr 21, 2017
hey fellas,i really appreciate d efforts u guys v put into answering questions asap.more grease to yr elbows..pls m a final yr student, n i plan travelling out for further studies after my b.sc pls wat possible mean could dat be,cos m pretty sure my family cant afford such huge tuition fee n talk bout scholarshp,i doubt its for smone like considering myself as an average student. i bliv scholarship is meant for highly intelligent students.are there cheap institutions where i can do my MBA In UK...?must i complete my nysc before travelling?
Pls wat are the things required of me to possess?Thanks as i anticipate ur responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pzone: 4:41am On Apr 21, 2017
Gcool2:
hey fellas,i really appreciate d efforts u guys v put into answering questions asap.more grease to yr elbows..pls m a final yr student, n i plan travelling out for further studies after my b.sc pls wat possible mean could dat be,cos m pretty sure my family cant afford such huge tuition fee n talk bout scholarshp,i doubt its for smone like considering myself as an average student. i bliv scholarship is meant for highly intelligent students.are there cheap institutions where i can do my MBA In UK...?must i complete my nysc before travelling?
Pls wat are the things required of me to possess?Thanks as i anticipate ur responses.
For postgraduate studies, avoid the U.K. Other european countries like Germany and even Canada have better to offer you. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lexyj123(f): 9:43am On Apr 21, 2017
what didi you study and what is your grade precisely before i could advise you.
Gcool2:

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.