Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526690 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:10am On Apr 21, 2017
mummyzi:

Thanks alot ekpotek! He is not a diplomat to uk.Do yu know about this Gtb new visa platform which allows an applicant or sponsor send the statement of account from Gtb to visa application centre?

Sorry I do not know anything about GTB link with UK visa application. You can always find that out from any GTB branch near you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smsglory(m): 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
There is this conference I would love to attend in June, I actually applied last year for the same conference but was refused holding to the fact that the salary I declared wasn't seen in the statement I presented.

I actually own my business and don't have a specific salary I take from my account...Even up till now.

I need advise on how to fill the form so as to get the visa this time around.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dammysmart: 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
hi pls is it true that most application that take long before decision made mail is sent are approved ??,

PS: I have received a mail that my application is going under consideration by an ECO since last week Thursday and haven't received any info till now. its a tier 5 visa class
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
Same boat no news yet
Please Ekpotek n Just wise. Did the biometrics since 3rd and no info till now and I made an unpaid hotel reservation for 24th that's Monday. Considering I haven't received an update till now and when tracked real time status yet to be considered by the ECO. Please what do you propose I do? Cancel the reservation to avoid charging room rates from Monday or change dates? Thanks n God bless you
EggPlant:
Hi, I submitted my application for visit visa since 29th March and did biometrics on 3rd April. I am yet to get any mail from from them apart from the initial mail that my application was recieved by UKVI. Should I be worried? Should I send them a mail?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
smsglory:

There is this conference I would love to attend in June, I actually applied last year for the same conference but was refused holding to the fact that the salary I declared wasn't seen in the statement I presented.

I actually own my business and don't have a specific salary I take from my account...Even up till now.

I need advise on how to fill the form so as to get the visa this time around.

Thank you.
What is the conference about and how is it related to your business or career?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
mialate:
Same boat no news yet
Please Ekpotek n Just wise. Did the biometrics since 3rd and no info till now and I made an unpaid hotel reservation for 24th that's Monday. Considering I haven't received an update till now and when tracked real time status yet to be considered by the ECO. Please what do you propose I do? Cancel the reservation to avoid charging room rates from Monday or change dates? Thanks n God bless you

You have no other options than to wait until a decision is made. I suggest you cancel your reservation or change the date, which ever is appropriate. The guideline says that you should not make payment for accommodation or flight ticket until you have gotten your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smsglory(m): 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
ekpotek:

What is the conference about and how is it related to your business or career?

It's about CCTV and other security gagdets stuff,
And that is what I do basically as business...So I want to go get more skills and connection.

Ki
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
Dammysmart:
hi pls is it true that most application that take long before decision made mail is sent are approved ??,

PS: I have received a mail that my application is going under consideration by an ECO since last week Thursday and haven't received any info till now. its a tier 5 visa class

No that's not true. There is a time frame for the consideration of visa application. If they are going to exceed the time frame, they would have notified you by now. Check the uk.gov website for the time frame for tier 5 visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
mialate:
Same boat no news yet
How did you track it, any other website apart from the TLS contact's?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2017
EggPlant:
How did you track it, any other website apart from the TLS contact's?
The TLS VI website oo. No update atall
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2017
Yea I would have to change the date to a later date.
I haven't made payment just to avoid debits.
ekpotek:

You have no other options than to wait until a decision is made. I suggest you cancel your reservation or change the date, which ever is appropriate. The guideline says that you should not make payment for accommodation or flight ticket until you have gotten your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
mialate:

The TLS VI website oo. No update atall
Ok bro, I'm sure we'll get an update next week. I calculated and by next week Tuesday it will be 15 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2017
smsglory:

It's about CCTV and other security gagdets stuff,
And that is what I do basically as business...So I want to go get more skills and connection.

Ki

Okay do you have the conference invitation? Is your business registered? Do you pay tax? These are important questions as the ECO will need to be convinced that the conference will benefit your business. As per your bank statement, you need to include a cover letter to the ECO explaining how you pay your self salary and why it's not reflected in your bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2017
EggPlant:
Ok bro, I'm sure we'll get an update next week. I calculated and by next week Tuesday it will be 15 working days.

You track your application from this website outside TLC
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

Just enter the required information and you should get a response within 24 hours.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
Thanks Ekpotek. God bless you real good.
ekpotek:

You track your application from this website outside TLC
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

Just enter the required information and you should get a response within 24 hours.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smsglory(m): 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
ekpotek:

Okay do you have the conference invitation? Is your business registered? Do you pay tax? These are important questions as the ECO will need to be convinced that the conference will benefit your business. As per your bank statement, you need to include a cover letter to the ECO explaining how you pay your self salary and why it's not reflected in your bank statement.
Yes I have an invitation for the conference

Business is registered

And yea I pay Tax, with a tax payer ID card .

Please can you send me a mail,so I can have your email and mobile nos.

Thanks for the infor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Gcool2(m): 12:17am On Apr 22, 2017
Pzone:
For postgraduate studies, avoid the U.K. Other european countries like Germany and even Canada have better to offer you. Thank me later.
thanks,can u just gimme cluesabout ds countries u mentioned?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Gcool2(m): 12:18am On Apr 22, 2017
second class upper sir/ma.bsc economics
lexyj123:
what didi you study and what is your grade precisely before i could advise you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:33am On Apr 22, 2017
smsglory:

Yes I have an invitation for the conference

Business is registered

And yea I pay Tax, with a tax payer ID card .

Please can you send me a mail,so I can have your email and mobile nos.

Thanks for the infor

Your case is not unique and it's important that other applicants learned from whatever advice that is provided here, so sharing it here help other applicants that may be in your same situation. The best way forward in your next application is to address the issues raised by the ECO in your last refusal. For me to help, you can post/share the refusal letter here and block out any identifier information. Or you can just type out the most pertinent reasons for your last refusal for us to help out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
Good afternoon justwise & co. Please I have a question to ask. My brother is having his convocation soon in the UK. He married a briton and both of them are living in 1-bedroom flat. Can he give me accommodation document. I mean can he send me his tenancy agreement and utility bills that am going to stay with them and be responsible for feeding and my accommodation? I was once a student in the UK and working in Nigeria now with net pay of 150k monthly. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
jossyking10:
Good afternoon justwise & co. Please I have a question to ask. My brother is having his convocation soon in the UK. He married a briton and both of them are living in 1-bedroom flat. Can he give me accommodation document. I mean can he send me his tenancy agreement and utility bills that am going to stay with them and be responsible for feeding and my accommodation? I was once a student in the UK and working in Nigeria now with net pay of 150k monthly. Thanks.

Look elsewhere for your documents,if he offer you his tenancy agreement base ob the fact that he stays with his fiancee/wife in that single room apartment ,your application won't fly.....Try the hotel route or reach out to someone who is in better conditions to give those documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
jossyking10:

That is not a good idea, make an alternative accommodation arrangement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tjslyy: 6:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
Good afternoon all, I just discovered that I made a mistake on my year of birth (e.g 29/12/1984 entered as 29/12/1982)on my online application. I have paid and submitted b4 realising this. Please is there anything I can do to correct this so it won't affect my application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
Gurus in the house, how do I show a payslip in my application, since my company only pays via monthly deposit in my account, and how do I show a proof of hotel reservation in my application. ..thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
Tjslyy:
Good afternoon all, I just discovered that I made a mistake on my year of birth (e.g 29/12/1984 entered as 29/12/1982)on my online application. I have paid and submitted b4 realising this. Please is there anything I can do to correct this so it won't affect my application.

Include a cover note as part of the document you will submit with the application pointing the ECO to the mistake.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
tmoneyluvsu:
Gurus in the house, how do I show a payslip in my application, since my company only pays via monthly deposit in my account, and how do I show a proof of hotel reservation in my application. ..thanks

Get your company to write a letter that they do not issue payslip but pay by bankwire/transfer to employeee account. Submit this as part of the documents. Book accommodation on www.booking.com as proof of hotel reservation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smsglory(m): 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
ekpotek:

Your case is not unique and it's important that other applicants learned from whatever advice that is provided here, so sharing it here help other applicants that may be in your same situation. The best way forward in your next application is to address the issues raised by the ECO in your last refusal. For me to help, you can post/share the refusal letter here and block out any identifier information. Or you can just type out the most pertinent reasons for your last refusal for us to help out.

That is it

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 10:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
Thanks for your response. But please is the 150k my net salary okay to show to the ECO? My account balance is 756k and I intend to put my flight for £500 and other expenses to be £250 for 2 weeks but the feeding and accommodation are not going to be included as I will look elsewhere to get the accommodation document. Am married with no kids yet. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tjslyy: 5:15am On Apr 23, 2017
ekpotek:

Include a cover note as part of the document you will submit with the application pointing the ECO to the mistake.

Thanks for the response. Please can you help with how the letter can look like. I mean the content, just trying to being careful of what to say and not say.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 9:09am On Apr 23, 2017
Thanks for your response. But please is the 150k my net salary okay to show to the ECO? My account balance is 756k and I intend to put my flight for £500 and other expenses to be £250 for 2 weeks but the feeding and accommodation are not going to be included as I will look elsewhere to get the accommodation document. Am married with no kids yet. Thanks. Justwise & co Please respond
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by JayJay0211: 9:32am On Apr 23, 2017
I think it might be viewed slightly less differently as dates of birth as key to people's identity verification.
If he is "lucky", the ECO might view this as an honest mistake. If not, he might need to go further by showing proof ( attaching birth certificate etc) to eliminate any doubts. My 2 cents!
ekpotek:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 11:26am On Apr 23, 2017
Happy Sunday to you all, pls how important is tax clearance during visa application, to be sincere my company evades tax many times.

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.