Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,729 members, 7,813,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526725 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Owoniran: 1:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
Good afternoon Justwise and other Ogas.

I need advice before I apply next month. I'm a Doctor and I want to apply for a visa in order to go write PLAB(Uk licensing exam) on June 26 in London. My issue is this,I wrote the exam in Lagos in March, result came out April 20th,I didn't pass. The exam can only be written in March and Nov in Nigeria but it is offered in UK in June.
My brother has an indefinite leave to remain in the UK with his family. He will provide documents for me,I plan on staying with him for the 2 weeks during of my stay. I can get a letter from my employer stating that I will be on leave in June and I want to go write the exam in UK. I have about #1.3million in my account,my salary is paid directly into the account.I make like #170K monthly .

However,I've been previously denied visa twice in 2008 and 2013 on grounds that I didn't show enough evidence that I will return.

Can you give me pointers to make my application successful? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smsglory(m): 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
ekpotek:

Your case is not unique and it's important that other applicants learned from whatever advice that is provided here, so sharing it here help other applicants that may be in your same situation. The best way forward in your next application is to address the issues raised by the ECO in your last refusal. For me to help, you can post/share the refusal letter here and block out any identifier information. Or you can just type out the most pertinent reasons for your last refusal for us to help out.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
JayJay0211:
I think it might be viewed slightly less differently as dates of birth as key to people's identity verification.
If he is "lucky", the ECO might view this as an honest mistake. If not, he might need to go further by showing proof ( attaching birth certificate etc) to eliminate any doubts. My 2 cents!

Obviously the applicant must include his birth certificate as proof of age!! However it will be mischievous on the part of ECO to refuse his application based on this mistake which the applicant has disclosed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
smsglory:

That is it

In order for your next application to be sucesssful, you must do the following:

Determine your monthly salary and start paying yourself this salary be transfering funds from company account to your personal account monthly. Build this up for the next six-eight months to clean the bank statements for your company and personal accounting processes. This way the issue raised by ECO will be addressed. The ECO is concerned about you sources of your salary which you stated to N300,000 monthly not reflected in your personal bank account or debited from your company bank account. Another way is that you can decide to fund your visit using company funds. Then you will need to provide documents to show the ECO the benefit of the conference to your business. Also provide documents to support any large deposit into you company account from your clients.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
Owoniran:
Good afternoon Justwise and other Ogas.

I need advice before I apply next month. I'm a Doctor and I want to apply for a visa in order to go write PLAB(Uk licensing exam) on June 26 in London. My issue is this,I wrote the exam in Lagos in March, result came out April 20th,I didn't pass. The exam can only be written in March and Nov in Nigeria but it is offered in UK in June.
My brother has an indefinite leave to remain in the UK with his family. He will provide documents for me,I plan on staying with him for the 2 weeks during of my stay. I can get a letter from my employer stating that I will be on leave in June and I want to go write the exam in UK. I have about #1.3million in my account,my salary is paid directly into the account.I make like #170K monthly .

However,I've been previously denied visa twice in 2008 and 2013 on grounds that I didn't show enough evidence that I will return.

Can you give me pointers to make my application successful? Thank you

Was your previous visa denials related to you going to write PLAB exam?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2017
tmoneyluvsu:
Happy Sunday to you all, pls how important is tax clearance during visa application, to be sincere my company evades tax many times.

Very important if you own the company or an employee. The United Kingdom takes tax issues very seriously. Tax evation in the United Kingdom is a criminal offence.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
Tjslyy:

Thanks for the response. Please can you help with how the letter can look like. I mean the content, just trying to being careful of what to say and not say.

MISTAKE IN BIRTH INFORMATION
I write to bring to the attention of the ECO that I made a mistake when entering my birth information on my online application form. My correct birthday is XXXXXX. Find attached my birth certificate showing the correct information.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
jossyking10:
Thanks for your response. But please is the 150k my net salary okay to show to the ECO? My account balance is 756k and I intend to put my flight for £500 and other expenses to be £250 for 2 weeks but the feeding and accommodation are not going to be included as I will look elsewhere to get the accommodation document. Am married with no kids yet. Thanks.

I don't think you application will stand a chance. You are going to attend your brother convocation and he is not helping out in any way, due to his own constraints. The ECO will wonder why do you want spend such an amount considering your salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Owoniran: 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
ekpotek:

Was your previous visa denials related to you going to write PLAB exam?

No,it wasn't..I just wanted to visit then.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
Owoniran:

No,it wasn't..I just wanted to visit then.

Okay. You need to focus more your job and to convince the ECO that you will return. Check my previous responses to this same issue to get the idea of the kind of documents you will need to provide.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Owoniran: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
ekpotek:

Okay. You need to focus more your job and to convince the ECO that you will return. Check my previous responses to this same issue to get the idea of the kind of documents you will need to provide.

How do I convince the ECO that I'll return? A strong letter from my employer? I just want to write the exam and be done with it. I'll check your previous responses. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 7:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
Ok. But please can I say my brother that is going to do the convocation will pay for my flight or I should say he will give me money for living expenses while in the UK? Please which one can I say he will pay for on my behalf. Should I say flight or living expenses. If that is the case please what are the things he need to send as a proof that he can afford it. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smsglory(m): 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
ekpotek:

In order for your next application to be sucesssful, you must do the following:

Determine your monthly salary and start paying yourself this salary be transfering funds from company account to your personal account monthly. Build this up for the next six-eight months to clean the bank statements for your company and personal accounting processes. This way the issue raised by ECO will be addressed. The ECO is concerned about you sources of your salary which you stated to N300,000 monthly not reflected in your personal bank account or debited from your company bank account. Another way is that you can decide to fund your visit using company funds. Then you will need to provide documents to show the ECO the benefit of the conference to your business. Also provide documents to support any large deposit into you company account from your clients.

Thanks noted all your points.
What to know, can one apply with a low balance, but the transactions in the statement shows alot of inflow and outflow flow of cash.

I have heard of 2 different guys who got a visa even with very low balance

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bogolobango(m): 1:36am On Apr 24, 2017
Do they have travel experience ? Sometimes it matters too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:37am On Apr 24, 2017
smsglory:

Thanks noted all your points.
What to know, can one apply with a low balance, but the transactions in the statement shows alot of inflow and outflow flow of cash.

I have heard of 2 different guys who got a visa even with very low balance

Yes it is possible to get a visa with a low account balance. This will depend on your pass immigration history and previous visit to the UK. However, for first time applicants or those with pass U.K. visa refusals, having a low account balance is not advisable. The ECO is trained to examine each application and determine if the applicant will not overstay or misuse a visitors visa if granted. In deciding, the ECO will consider the applicant finances (Job, account statement, letter of introduction), home ties (family, properties) and possibly relationship to any person resident in the U.K. It is left to you to decide if to go ahead to apply and that you have the necessary documentation to address your previous refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:48am On Apr 24, 2017
jossyking10:
Ok. But please can I say my brother that is going to do the convocation will pay for my flight or I should say he will give me money for living expenses while in the UK? Please which one can I say he will pay for on my behalf. Should I say flight or living expenses. If that is the case please what are the things he need to send as a proof that he can afford it. Thank you.

Your brother can offer to support you with flight ticket or pocket money. Then he will have to support your application with the following documents:
1. Copy of his international passport showing his immigration status in the U.K.
2. Bank statement if he going to pay for your flight ticket or pocket money.
3. A cover letter to the ECO stating the relationship with you and why his inviting you and what expenses he will cover to facilitate your visit.

Notwithstanding the above documents, the ECO will also be interested to see that you have enough fund in your account to cover the trip with or without your brother contributing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:52am On Apr 24, 2017
Owoniran:

How do I convince the ECO that I'll return? A strong letter from my employer? I just want to write the exam and be done with it. I'll check your previous responses. Thank you

Get as many references as possible from your employer, senior working colleagues, etc, about the importance of the exam to your career progressing in Nigeria and that taking the exam in the UK will be an added advantage.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Owoniran: 10:34am On Apr 24, 2017
ekpotek:

Get as many references as possible from your employer, senior working colleagues, etc, about the importance of the exam to your career progressing in Nigeria and that taking the exam in the UK will be an added advantage.

Thanks so much. Will do so
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 24, 2017
mialate:
Yea I would have to change the date to a later date.
I haven't made payment just to avoid debits.
Please bro, lemme know when you get a decision made email I am really hoping it'll come today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2017
Thank you ekpotek. God bless you. Please help me to answer the following questions as asked on the form if my brother agrees to give me £250 and I will put £500 as my flight which i will pay myself. I also came back from UK 5 years ago as a student.

1) What is tge cost to you personally for your trip?
2) Total amount of money you have for this trip? Should this be the addition of d money I want to pay myself and the £250 my brother want to give me?
3) What should I write in the space that says ' WHY IS MY BROTHER PAYING PART OF MY TRIP?

Please enlighten me more on this because I do read on this forum that we can still spend 2 months of d salary or a little above that. If am going to pay everything myself that £750 does not exceed my 2 months salary. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2017
jossyking10:
Thank you ekpotek. God bless you. Please help me to answer the following questions as asked on the form if my brother agrees to give me £250 and I will put £500 as my flight which i will pay myself. I also came back from UK 5 years ago as a student.

1) What is tge cost to you personally for your trip?
2) Total amount of money you have for this trip? Should this be the addition of d money I want to pay myself and the £250 my brother want to give me?
3) What should I write in the space that says ' WHY IS MY BROTHER PAYING PART OF MY TRIP?

Please enlighten me more on this because I do read on this forum that we can still spend 2 months of d salary or a little above that. If am going to pay everything myself that £750 does not exceed my 2 months salary. Thanks.

1. The total amount you are going to spend (flight ticket, health insurance, hotel accommodation, etc)
2. Total amount plus the £250 your brother is contributing
3. Your brother is contributing because he is YOUR BROTHER AND A FAMILY MEMBER who want you to witness his convocation which is a memorable moment in his life worth celebrating with his brother from Nigeria.

That's not true, the ECO will evaluate the balance that will remain in your account after removing £750. He will use this balance remaining after spending £750 to decide if there will be enough fund left in your account to maintain your family, while you are away and decide to approve the visa or not. Those that says that you can spend 2 months of your salary do not tell you what will be left in their account afterward.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2017
God bless you real good. Please can I make the total amount available for the trip to be £800 instead of it to be £750 inorder to have £50 extra? Is my immigration history going to count as I studied in UK till 2012. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mfonox: 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
Good day Justwise,

i need your advice please and those of the good people here.

i currently work with a telecoms company in lagos and i earn 253k monthly. i have previously been refused uk visa once in 2015. one of the reasons was because i hadn't travelled b4 so i applied for a south african visa and travelled for about 7 days in 2016.

other reasons for refusal was based on some inconsistencies in my application which i intend to address in the new application. like i wrote that i was travelling alone but my mum also applied to attend my brothers graduation also. i wrote that i was travelling alone because we didnt plan to travel on same day. i also wrote that i was staying with my brother for 3 days but i also included a 4 night hotel reservation. truth is i filled the application in a hurry and i really just thought it was something easy so i just did it anyhow without much thought.(my mistake)

i want to try the uk visa again. i have about 750k in my salary account which i have saved over time. i just want to know if that amount is enough for my application. or i just wait a few months to build the account more. i intend to travel in August. but i wanted to submit my aplication next week

i also have a savings of about 500k in mutual benefit i have saved overtime, i could include that statement too

My brother and his wife are inviting me. he is married to a british, i will be staying with them, so i wont be paying for accomodation.

he has sent me his utility bills and statement of account. but he doesnt have much money in the account. i am sponsoring myself fully for the trip

Thank you for your assistance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lexyj123(f): 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
if you made upper, the canada will be your best bet.
Gcool2:
second class upper sir/ma.bsc economics
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2017
jossyking10:
God bless you real good. Please can I make the total amount available for the trip to be £800 instead of it to be £750 inorder to have £50 extra? Is my immigration history going to count as I studied in UK till 2012. Thanks.

The total amount for the trip should be reasonable enough to take care of your visit. So you can decide this yourself, but mind you, there must be some reasonable fund left in your account to satisfy the ECO that you're not putting unreasonable stress on your bank account. Your previous UK immigration history as a student may/may not count here. The reason is that as a student, you could have changed your visa category in 2012 to remain in the UK if you wanted to after your study without breaching the UK immigration law. However, the ECO will still take your immigration history into consideration and see you as a good person who decided to return back to his country. What will count most for your application is your financial situation and solid home ties. This is because the ECO will be looking at your likelihood of remaining back in the UK, where you have a brother married to a British citizen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
No decision email yet. Fingers crossed though
EggPlant:
Please bro, lemme know when you get a decision made email I am really hoping it'll come today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
mialate:
No decision email yet. Fingers crossed though
I got a mail 3hours ago that "unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible" Someone once said once you get this mail, its usually denial. Still keeping my hopes up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
mfonox:
Good day Justwise,

i need your advice please and those of the good people here.

i currently work with a telecoms company in lagos and i earn 253k monthly. i have previously been refused uk visa once in 2015. one of the reasons was because i hadn't travelled b4 so i applied for a south african visa and travelled for about 7 days in 2016.

other reasons for refusal was based on some inconsistencies in my application which i intend to address in the new application. like i wrote that i was travelling alone but my mum also applied to attend my brothers graduation also. i wrote that i was travelling alone because we didnt plan to travel on same day. i also wrote that i was staying with my brother for 3 days but i also included a 4 night hotel reservation. truth is i filled the application in a hurry and i really just thought it was something easy so i just did it anyhow without much thought.(my mistake)

i want to try the uk visa again. i have about 750k in my salary account which i have saved over time. i just want to know if that amount is enough for my application. or i just wait a few months to build the account more. i intend to travel in August. but i wanted to submit my aplication next week

[b]i also have a savings of about 500k [/b]in mutual benefit i have saved overtime, i could include that statement too

My brother and his wife are inviting me. he is married to a british, i will be staying with them, so i wont be paying for accomodation.

he has sent me his utility bills and statement of account. but he doesnt have much money in the account. i am sponsoring myself fully for the trip

Thank you for your assistance

Your salary is good and since you will not be paying for accommodation two months of salary is good enough for cost of ticket.

Since you want to travel by August there is no need applying next week, first week of June will be good and by then you will have more money in your salary or savings account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2017
jossyking10:
Thanks for your response. But please is the 150k my net salary okay to show to the ECO? My account balance is 756k and I intend to put my flight for £500 and other expenses to be £250 for 2 weeks but the feeding and accommodation are not going to be included as I will look elsewhere to get the accommodation document. Am married with no kids yet. Thanks. Justwise & co Please respond

I don't think you will be given a visa looking at your budget and financial situation.

You can not spend all your savings in 2weeks and come back to Nigeria with nothing left.

Don't be in a hurry to damage your UK immigration record because your plans looks desperate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by HILCROWN(m): 12:31am On Apr 25, 2017
justwise:

Your salary is good and since you will not be paying for accommodation two months of will salary is good enough for cost of ticket.

[b]Since you want to travel by August there is no need applying next week, first week of June will be good [/b]and by then you will have more money in your salary or savings account.

@ekpotek and @justwise is it possible for me to apply the same month I want to travel (7days vacation) (December 2017). My annual leave is just 30days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mfonox: 8:07am On Apr 25, 2017
justwise:

Your salary is good and since you will not be paying for accommodation two months of will salary is good enough for cost of ticket.

Since you want to travel by August there is no need applying next week, first week of June will be good and by then you will have more money in your salary or savings account.

Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:53am On Apr 25, 2017
HILCROWN:

@ekpotek and @justwise is it possible for me to apply the same month I want to travel (7days vacation) (December 2017). My annual leave is just 30days.

Not a good idea

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.