Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531268 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Wilson2k8: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2017
ekpotek:

Dude reapplying is likely to lead to another refusal. Just forget about this event, since it is one week ahead. In the refused letter you failed to disclose that you have 800K savings in another bank. What do you think ECO will say if you now disclose it now. Besides, there was no visible communication eg emails, letters between you, your company and UK event host to support your application. Your application was refused because you failed to provide enough documentation on your personal circumstances.

ok so i would probably leave the 800k saving account out of it since it wasnt disclosed earlier, moreso the company is signing an undertaking with Notary for my maintenance , accomodation , recommendation and ensure return if i voilate any laws during my stay. i have the full details and letter from the uk company, location of the project, project house address and payment receipt where i will be staying.

I initially attached a letter from the UK company but dey did not add the project office address only where the project will be taking place.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Opensecret69: 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2017
This forum is really informative and helpful. How do i resolve an issue of refused visa application without right of appeal, and it was stated that future applications will be refused if the cause of refusal is not sorted out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Wilson2k8: 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
Brightingsus:

Did you submit 6 months payslips Looks like you did not. Payslips is key. From your payslips they will compare your salary with what the bank statements say. Company paying for everything does not mean you should not include evidence of your personal, socio-economic and financial circumstances in your home country. This is how they judge if you are a genuine visitor. A genuine visitor is one that would return to their home country before the visa expires.

Having a legit company you work for and having a legit event in the UK does not mean the visitors are legit. This is their thinking. So it's up to you to demonstrate that your a a genuine visitor. Ensure you have all the details of the event and the location and all for your next application... also address all their concerns one by one...

Yes i did! All 6 months payslip signed and stamped along with my salary account statement. i was perplexed when they said they didn't see the said salary amount receipt on the statement.

i have the full details and letter from the UK company, location of the project, project house address and payment receipt where i will be staying.

I initially attached a letter from the UK company but dey did not add the project office address only where the project will be taking place.

how else do i guarantee am a genuine visitor since i dont have any other income or assets? Although i have a savings account of 800k but didnt disclose earlier , stating it now might lead to refusal...so i dont intend adding it for my reapplication
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Wilson2k8: 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
Funds, maintenance and accommodation provided by a third party

V 4.3 A visitor’s travel, maintenance and accommodation may be provided by a third party where the decision maker is satisfied that they:
(a) have a genuine professional or personal relationship with the visitor; and
(b) are not, or will not be, in breach of UK immigration laws at the time of decision or the visitor’s entry to the UK; and
(c) can and will provide support to the visitor for the intended duration of their stay.

V 4.4 The third party may be asked to give an undertaking in writing to be responsible for the applicant’s maintenance and accommodation. In this case paragraph 35 of Part 1 of these Rules applies also to Visitors. An applicant will normally be refused where, having been requested to do so, the applicant fails to provide a valid written undertaking from a third party to be responsible for their maintenance and accommodation for the period of any visit.

i went through the Immigration Rules Appendix V: visitor rules and stumbled on this...i believe this will help out!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2017
Wilson2k8:

ok so i would probably leave the 800k saving account out of it since it wasnt disclosed earlier, moreso the company is signing an undertaking with Notary for my maintenance , accomodation , recommendation and ensure return if i voilate any laws during my stay. i have the full details and letter from the uk company, location of the project, project house address and payment receipt where i will be staying.

In as much as I can understand your feelings. The truth is that your personal circumstances cannot change over night. Providing all the stated documents is not the issue. The issue is that you will look desperate in the eyes of the ECO as the event had already started. Your visit is not an emergency nor is it life threatening that you cannot afford to miss it. Your company can always nominate you and send you for another training in the future, which will allow you to correct the mistakes you made in your previous application. But if you still want to go ahead, please do and let us know the outcome.

I was once denied a UK visit visa to attend a conference fully sponsored because I did not submit sufficient documentation. I did not reapply immediately, in fact, I sent the refusal letter to my sponsor in Germany, who then contacted the UK embassy on my behalf. When I reapplied a month later, the UK embassy called me to withdraw my application that they are overturning the refusal and that I should send them my passport. Even though they did not return my application fee, I got the visa due to external intervention.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ezriela: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2017
Wilson2k8:
i need help from everyone... as it is quite urgent.

My company is running a software development program in the Uk, which i was meant to attend today but my visa was refused. i received my refusal letter on 25th Aug 2017. find refusal comments below;

In making this assessment I have to look at your circumstances and credibility of your trip. The starting point for the assessment of any visa application is the information contained in the visa application form and supporting documents. You have stated on visa application form that you are currently employed as a technology supervisor and that you earn NGN 240, 000 (GBP 515 as per OANDA exchange rate at the time of application) per month. Although you have submitted a letter form XXXX Ltd, in support of your application, this is not satisfactory evidence of your personal circumstances. You have submitted no further evidence of your personal circumstances, any income, assets or property. Furthermore, the Gtbank statement submitted do not support receipt of your income. From the information on your application form and the documents you have submitted, I am therefore not satisfied that your employment and income is as stated. I am therefore not satisfied that your economic status is as declared. Without the evidence we asked for, I am not satisfied that you plan to leave the UK at the end of your visit or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months Appendix V4.2 (a-e) of the immigration rules.
In addition to the above, you failed to submit any documentation from the company in the UK where your employers company sponsored event will take place.
In light of all of the above I am not satisfied as to your intentions in wishing to travel to the UK. I am not satisfied that you genuinely intend a short visit only to the UK and that you will leave the UK at the end of the visit. Furthermore, I am not satisfied that you will be able to maintain and accommodate yourself adequately in the UK or meet the costs of your return or onward journey from the UK
I am therefore not satisfied you will leave the UK at the end of your visit (V 4.2 (A))
I am therefore not satisfied you will have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds (V4.2(E)).

Any future UK visa applications will be considered on their individual merits. However, you are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application change

Note: i submitted my bank statement and very sure it was cleary stated, they probably didnt look through it carefully.Also the company letter states clearly that its a fully sponsored trip. i am not paying for anything, company is paying for all expenses. i intend reapplying today, i have highlighted my salary credit line with a light pen on the gtbank statement submitted also attached my fidelity savings account with balance of 800k i would like to know whatelse to add so i dont get another refusal again. i am paying for priority again. cos the event as started was suppose to be there for 4 weeks but now i would have to miss a week

i have no assets or stocks and am 26years...first time out of the country. I submitted company introductory letter, sponsorship letter, hotels, tickets etc but as at when submitting the appplication we hadnt decided the location of the event venue but now we have

Anyone suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

You can but be sure to dot all the I this time around.
Sometimes even with the cover letter ECO might not understand fully our explanation
It happened to me too though I was not refused becos the ECO called me and I explained myself fully.

ECO- you filed an application to visit UK with ur husband
Me- No, I am planning to travel with my baby
ECO- wc of your family will you be staying with?
Me- my husband's bf( family friend)
Eco- wen last did u see him
Me- he was in naija in may and he visited us
Eco- I noticed 1.8m transferred into ur account
Me: yes with full explanation
Eco- is there anything else u want to me know
Me: yes, my salary didn't tally becos of XYZ
Eco: thank you,note my decision will be formed base on information provided.
Lo & behold my baby & my passport were stamped that same day.

So this is another opportunity to express yourself well.

But be prepared before you re-apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2017
Opensecret69:
This forum is really informative and helpful. How do i resolve an issue of refused visa application without right of appeal, and it was stated that future applications will be refused if the cause of refusal is not sorted out.

Give details of the refusal here...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
Opensecret69:

We can only advise if you share the refusal letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blessedgeorgeus(m): 2:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
buddiemm:
Blessedgeorgeus, no salary was mentioned in the CoS because even in the job advert it was stated that no salary is going to be paid except for reasonable expenses. I thought she just wanted to let me say something different from what is stated on the advert and CoS checking system. Those are the last two of the 18 questions she asked. She also asked wheather I have children and I said no after I told her my wife is in Nigeria. Thanks

Ok.... Keep praying

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
Thank you always for ur help, v sent u emails but not going through. I am at a cross road, my MIL lost her passport 7 years ago and it contains lots of vital travel history including her denial to uk. The problem is we don't v a copy of d passport so we can't get details like date of issue etc. so am thinking should I click on NO when I was asked if she has previous passport and explain in a cover note that she has but we can't find it because it's lost. Am getting tired

Brightingsus:

You are welcome sir!

1. General tourism visa

Visa Application sites (I used the new system/link as I found it easier, I paid with my UK Visa card for $120)

Old system
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

New system
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/uk-visit-visa

2. Yes, you can use your email address (I used mine). If you use your email address you would always be prompt in checking mails as against using some email for your mother inlaw where no one would be readily available to check mails.
3. I did not see anything like cost of accommodation in my case (full sponsorship); I only saw cost of trip which includes accommodation, flight, feeding and general care/maintenance. If you are prompted to say how much the trip would cost, you then have to sum up the break-downs.

As an estimate, return flight could be £600. £800 should be enough for all expenses regarding her trip. Others here can estimate for you too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
Ezriela:

You can but be sure to dot all the I this time around.
Sometimes even with the cover letter ECO might not understand fully our explanation
It happened to me too though I was not refused becos the ECO called me and I explained myself fully.

ECO- you filed an application to visit UK with ur husband
Me- No, I am planning to travel with my baby
ECO- wc of your family will you be staying with?
Me- my husband's bf( family friend)
Eco- wen last did u see him
Me- he was in naija in may and he visited us
Eco- I noticed 1.8m transferred into ur account
Me: yes with full explanation
Eco- is there anything else u want to me know
Me: yes, my salary didn't tally becos of XYZ
Eco: thank you,note my decision will be formed base on information provided.
Lo & behold my baby & my passport were stamped that same day.

So this is another opportunity to express yourself well.

But be prepared before you re-apply

The ECO must have been having a nice time to call an applicant for a visit visa! Usually they don't.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2017
KemBee86:
Thank you always for ur help, v sent u emails but not going through. I am at a cross road, my MIL lost her passport 7 years ago and it contains lots of vital travel history including her denial to uk. The problem is we don't v a copy of d passport so we can't get details like date of issue etc. so am thinking should I click on NO when I was asked if she has previous passport and explain in a cover note that she has but we can't find it because it's lost. Am getting tired

There is an option to declare that the passport is lost if you're using the old system!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2017
Oh, am using the new system. Can I cancel that and start with the old one? Cos I don't want to lie and shoot myself in d leg
ekpotek:

There is an option to declare that the passport is lost if you're using the old system!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
KemBee86:

I saw your email and replied you. Check your inbox with which you registered for Nairaland.

To answer you, DO NOT ANSWER 'NO'. Application will be refused and it could lead to a ban. But how come you are only getting to know the passport was lost SEVEN YEARS AGO... I always make copies of all my documents and those of my family. To get best answers for you, I need other people here to respond to your query...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Wilson2k8: 3:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
ekpotek:

In as much as I can understand your feelings. The truth is that your personal circumstances cannot change over night. Providing all the stated documents is not the issue. The issue is that you will look desperate in the eyes of the ECO as the event had already started. Your visit is not an emergency nor is it life threatening that you cannot afford to miss it. Your company can always nominate you and send you for another training in the future, which will allow you to correct the mistakes you made in your previous application. But if you still want to go ahead, please do and let us know the outcome.

I was once denied a UK visit visa to attend a conference fully sponsored because I did not submit sufficient documentation. I did not reapply immediately, in fact, I sent the refusal letter to my sponsor in Germany, who then contacted the UK embassy on my behalf. When I reapplied a month later, the UK embassy called me to withdraw my application that they are overturning the refusal and that I should send them my passport. Even though they did not return my application fee, I got the visa due to external intervention.

well truly its not life threatening but its a threat to the success of the project, its not a TRAINING, i am a project coordinator, and its a big software development project that requires my input at every stage, we are organizing the project with addition of some other companies coming for the project, all other members of the team have been granted visa even without great personal circumstances. I just pray they accept it this time and they grant my visa...i really don't need to be there for long, if not that the client requested outside the country whats my business there.

will just try my luck once more and if it doesn't will probably join them online and hope the project runs well while i coordinate virtually. but i might also contact the company over there even though they are not the one sponsoring to try and contact the embassy on my behalf may be tit might impact on the decision in some way. Thank you for your comments and responses, truly appreciated!They have been helpful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
KemBee86:
Oh, am using the new system. Can I cancel that and start with the old one? Cos I don't want to lie and shoot myself in d leg

Sure so far you have not submitted. Simply abandon it and use the old system
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2017
KemBee86:

Brother, there is nothing to cancel as long as you have not paid for your application. It has not been submitted yet, so they do not have the application. Since @Ekpotek says there is provision to declare loss of passport in the old system and you are comfortable to use the old system, just get on it and start the application afresh.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2017
Wilson2k8:

well truly its not life threatening but its a threat to the success of the project, its not a TRAINING, i am a project coordinator, and its a big software development project that requires my input at every stage, we are organizing the project with addition of some other companies coming for the project, all other members of the team have been granted visa even without great personal circumstances. I just pray they accept it this time and they grant my visa...i really don't need to be there for long, if not that the client requested outside the country whats my business there.

will just try my luck once more and if it doesn't will probably join them online and hope the project runs well while i coordinate virtually. but i might also contact the company over there even though they are not the one sponsoring to try and contact the embassy on my behalf may be tit might impact on the decision in some way. Thank you for your comments and responses, truly appreciated!They have been helpful

Great. I wish you all the very best. Let's hope the ECO will see your application different this time around. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
Just changed my email now cos I can't assess the old one. I will send u a new message now. Thanks.
I knew it has been lost since but just thought she kept a record of it.
Brightingsus:

I saw your email and replied you. Check your inbox with which you registered for Nairaland.

To answer you, DO NOT ANSWER 'NO'. Application will be refused and it could lead to a ban. But how come you are only getting to know the passport was lost SEVEN YEARS AGO... I always make copies of all my documents and those of my family. To get best answers for you, I need other people here to respond to your query...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demashi: 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
themusketeer:

Congratulations!

Thanks ...visas issued. 6 months for mum and 5 years for son. Only that son's visa stamped with valid only if accompanied by my mum. Not sure how that will work!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mexes4453: 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
TatPat:

so sorry for this unwanted outcome, what @ekpotek said is true, apply for your son's British passport here in Nigeria, if not, they wouldn't grant him a visa since they know he is entitled to a British passport.

Hello Guys!

Please i would like to know if photocopies of documents are required during submission.
if so, how many copies is needed per document.

Please its urgent and i appreciate a quick response.
Thanks Guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
You don't need any photocopy just make sure all your documents are in A4 like your work I'd make color photocopy remove pins from your documents use gum to hold passport photo on your documents to enable them scan it all because they are scanning all your documents
Mexes4453:

Hello Guys!

Please i would like to know if photocopies of documents are required during submission.

Thanks Guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2017
Mexes4453:

Hello Guys!

Thanks Guys

If it's for a visit visa, you only make copies of documents that are not on standard A4 and that would be a copy each. For eg, if you have a birth certificate that is either shorter or longer than an A4, then you must photocopy it...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chubbyid: 6:06pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hello my people, I have been a silent follower of this thread and I understand the General Delay.. My first ever application was in 2013 for a wedding with my mum and it was denied on the basis that the shares certificate tendered by my mum is not genuine. The decision was appealed as First Bank registrars wrote to the consular confirming that the certificate was original. I got a letter starting that we are free to submit new application and I guess this was because the wedding was over at the time they concluded the appeal.

Ever since I never travelled or apply for UK visa since I had no course to there but recently I applied on the 5th of July and yet to get a response on the decision. I applied to go for a visit cos I was on leave and I got a letter from my cousin whom I planned to stay with. She is a citizen and also provided a letter from her office showing her salary . She included her tenancy agreement to prove that I would also be staying with her. I attached a statement of my account showing the amount in my account over a million, pay slip for 6 months, letter from my employer, and also the letter issued when I was cleared by the ECO in Abuja.

Please I would like to know if the visa can still be issued considering that the travel date chosen already elapsed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hiya ddonsly, any news??
ddonsly:
Alright, will do.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mexes4453: 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
lekibraky:
You don't need any photocopy just make sure all your documents are in A4 like your work I'd make color photocopy remove pins from your documents use gum to hold passport photo on your documents to enable them scan it all because they are scanning all your documents

Thanks a lot for ur swift response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mexes4453: 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
Brightingsus:

If it's for a visit visa, you only make copies of documents that are not on standard A4 and that would be a copy each. For eg, if you have a birth certificate that is either shorter or longer than an A4, then you must photocopy it...

Thanks I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
chubbyid:
Hello my people, I have been a silent follower of this thread and I understand the General Delay.. My first ever application was in 2013 for a wedding with my mum and it was denied on the basis that the shares certificate tendered by my mum is not genuine. The decision was appealed as First Bank registrars wrote to the consular confirming that the certificate was original. I got a letter starting that we are free to submit new application and I guess this was because the wedding was over at the time they concluded the appeal.

Ever since I never travelled or apply for UK visa since I had no course to there but recently I applied on the 5th of July and yet to get a response on the decision. I applied to go for a visit cos I was on leave and I got a letter from my cousin whom I planned to stay with. She is a citizen and also provided a letter from her office showing her salary . She included her tenancy agreement to prove that I would also be staying with her. I attached a statement of my account showing the amount in my account over a million, pay slip for 6 months, letter from my employer, and also the letter issued when I was cleared by the ECO in Abuja.

Please I would like to know if the visa can still be issued considering that the travel date chosen already elapsed.

Proposed travel date having elapsed does not warrant a refusal. Your application would be considered based on your documents. You then have to constructively defend yourself at the POE should you be granted the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2017
My 6 month u.k visa just expired this month.
The visa was issued in February for me to travel in March for vacation for 8days but I could not make it until later in April when I went for a 17 day vacation stay in London.
I want to renew my visa next month, to visit a cousin i just reconnected with for xmas, hope it will not be an issue saying that I want to stay with him now, as I am applying for 2 years this time around.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
If your cousin was mentioned in your previous application you can do that if not justwise will advise and ekpotek
oloolo:
My 6 month u.k visa just expired this month.
The visa was issued in February for me to travel in March for vacation for 8days but I could not make it until later in April when I went for a 17 day vacation stay in London.
I want to renew my visa next month, to visit a cousin i just reconnected with for xmas, hope it will not be an issue saying that I want to stay with him now, as I am applying for 2 years this time around.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tiyanya: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2017
H
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
lekibraky:
If your cousin was mentioned in your previous application you can do that if not justwise will advise and ekpotek

He was not mentioned, I stated that I dI'd not know anybody then, its been long I saw him and I was not to sure about him and his address at that time..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.