Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528864 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2015
yolemum:
@iblaw

Thanks for the response that my problem is at POE,won't they check n ask why am carrying garri and beans?

Twice i have carried garri ,beans etc without any wahala. After passing Immigration i pick my luggage from the belt and leave the airport, if customs had any issue with the garri and beans they will stop me for physical check after i pick my luggage because they see everything in your luggage before it comes out for pick up.

Your primary concern should be the officers who will deep their hands into every part of your luggage at MMIA and begin to tell you foodstuff is not allowed but when you give them "something" foodstuff suddenly become allowed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jangolo: 1:52am On Dec 10, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
@Greenwall

Six Months Statement of account is the standard requirement.

Why not get Birth Certificate from NPC?

Hi,
Please can you advise on where in lagos i can do an affidavit? Also must the process be done in the npc office in surulere or there are offices in other parts of lagos?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:23am On Dec 10, 2015
jangolo:

Hi,
Please can you advise on where in lagos i can do an affidavit? Also must the process be done in the npc office in surulere or there are offices in other parts of lagos?

Affidavits are done in court, while you have NPC's offices in Local Government Secretariats.

Check with Surulere Local Government at Alhaji Masha Road
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jwhizzy(m): 5:32am On Dec 10, 2015
Hello guys.

Picked up passport yesterday. Visa granted for me and the missus! grin cheesy grin

Many thanks to everyone. Special mention to justwise and frontpagelawyer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:16am On Dec 10, 2015
Jwhizzy:
Hello guys.

Picked up passport yesterday. Visa granted for me and the missus! grin cheesy grin

Congratulations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nosyke(m): 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Good luck

Hi FPL, Justwise, Oreskid, just another update. Picked up my passport today, visa granted.

Many thanks for your support on this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oreskid: 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
Happy for you, congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
Nosyke:

Hi FPL, Justwise, Oreskid, just another update. Picked up my passport today, visa granted.

That was fast. Congratulations and enjoy your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
Jwhizzy:
Hello guys.

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
Nosyke:

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veecee29: 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
Vuitton007:

Def.
Hi,have u gone for ur passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by barbiegal4home: 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
I applied for uk visa with my husband and daughter and we submitted our statements of N502,000 and N410,000 then my husband has a fixed deposit of 1.7m.We said we were going to spend 850k out of the fixed deposit and they refused us on the ground that we only had N912 and that we want to spend all our family fund on the trip.They didn't consider the money my husband has in fixed deposit that we want to spend from.Can we reapply and address the issue?Pls advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
Yes. Fixed funds is taken as funds not readily available. You and your husband need to liquidate the funds then apply again.
barbiegal4home:
I applied for uk visa with my husband and daughter and we submitted our statements of N502,000 and N410,000 then my husband has a fixed deposit of 1.7m.We said we were going to spend 850k out of the fixed deposit and they refused us on the ground that we only had N912 and that we want to spend all our family fund on the trip.They didn't consider the money my husband has in fixed deposit that we want to spend from.Can we reapply and address the issue?Pls advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by barbiegal4home: 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
Abisoye thanx.They also didn't return some of our original documents.What do we do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
Like which documents?
barbiegal4home:
Abisoye thanx.They also didn't return some of our original documents.What do we do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by barbiegal4home: 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
Promotion letters, ISO certificate and Shares Certificate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lexusgs430: 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
marxydans:
Pls I got married to a bristish some months back,but he is working on contract here in 9ja which type of visa will I apply.if I applied for permanent family settlement visa it says the spouse has to be in uk.and he is not now.again the house he is staying is not in his name but there are enough rooms is it ok?

The sponsor has to be a UK resident at the point of application.
If you want to apply for a visa, visiting visa is your only route.
One of the prerequisites for settlement visa is accommodation. He has to have an accommodation agreement in his name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by barbiegal4home: 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2015
Kindly respond to my enquires
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
veecee29:

I think her question is since she said she will be staying in a hotel and possibly in the application she stated she doesn't know anyone in the UK,won't the food stuff raise suspicion?

No I doubt it everyone brings food smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bigolly(m): 6:19am On Dec 11, 2015
am building my account against my next application and am paying 200,000 into my saving account monthly as my salary showing (for example) DD NIG LTD NOV Salary, i hope this is in order?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:18am On Dec 11, 2015
Bigolly:
am building my account against my next application and am paying 200,000 into my saving account monthly as my salary showing (for example) DD NIG LTD NOV Salary, i hope this is in order?

Even though you are in order, you must substantiate that your business generates your claimed income.

Your company's account where your salary is coming from must show evidence of business activities, all in flows must be from a verifiable source. Sales and purchase receipts, invoices, contract papers e.t.c must be used to support your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:47am On Dec 11, 2015
Portsmouth86:

No I doubt it everyone brings food smiley

Travellers are allowed to carry food items, but if a traveller has no family or friend abroad and wishes to travel with food items, the only logical thing to do is find a hotel with kitchenette, otherwise how do you explain to border control officers at the port of entry where and how the food will be cooked?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vuitton007: 9:36am On Dec 11, 2015
veecee29:

Hi,have u gone for ur passport?

Sweety, so i passed by Churchgate ytday and they swiped barcode to check deilivery, itwas blank, it hadnt arrived to them. then i complained abt there inactive tracker that nvr updates and dey sd their server was bad and under mtce ot whatevr.

they asked we stick to when we recieve a mail that passport is rdy, only on that grounds can we have our pp.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by diddy11(m): 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2015
Calling on justwise, vicjustice and all nairaland gurus. My six months visa to the uk expired last year December 2014 to be precise( I made a trip to the uk just once before the expiration of my visa). Now I intend to apply for a 2 years uk visa with the relevant supporting documents. However, I am confused on certain issues and need clarification from the house. 1. When I made my last application I did so with my wife who was given a 2 years visa because she ha been travelling before we got married. Now we have a baby and want to travel with her, my wife has a good paying job and will be paying for her ticket, while I intend to pay for I and my daughter. So for the portion of the online form which reads' what is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP' I wish to state 7oo pounds ( this will money will be for shopping for myself, daughter and wife for our 7 days trip to the uk) is this figure quoted realistic for the ECO of the British Embassy. 2. Also, for the portion of the online form which reads' the cost of the Aeroplane, Boat or train ticket' like I said I will be paying for I and my daughter and the price quoted by one of the airlines for an adult and an infant is less than 2oo, ooo can I quote t in the form? 3. Who can please tell the dollar rate which the uk embassy is using at the moment as well the pound rate? Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veecee29: 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
Vuitton007:

Sweety, so i passed by Churchgate ytday and they swiped barcode to check deilivery, itwas blank, it hadnt arrived to them. then i complained abt there inactive tracker that nvr updates and dey sd their server was bad and under mtce ot whatevr.

they asked we stick to when we recieve a mail that passport is rdy, only on that grounds can we have our pp.
Thanks for the info.Let's see how it goes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:35pm On Dec 11, 2015
diddy11:
Calling on justwise, vicjustice and all nairaland gurus. My six months visa to the uk expired last year December 2014 to be precise( I made a trip to the uk just once before the expiration of my visa). Now I intend to apply for a 2 years uk visa with the relevant supporting documents. However, I am confused on certain issues and need clarification from the house. 1. When I made my last application I did so with my wife who was given a 2 years visa because she ha been travelling before we got married. Now we have a baby and want to travel with her, my wife has a good paying job and will be paying for her ticket, while I intend to pay for I and my daughter. So for the portion of the online form which reads' what is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP' I wish to state 7oo pounds ( this will money will be for shopping for myself, daughter and wife for our 7 days trip to the uk) is this figure quoted realistic for the ECO of the British Embassy. 2. Also, for the portion of the online form which reads' the cost of the Aeroplane, Boat or train ticket' like I said I will be paying for I and my daughter and the price quoted by one of the airlines for an adult and an infant is less than 2oo, ooo can I quote t in the form? 3. Who can please tell the dollar rate which the uk embassy is using at the moment as well the pound rate? Thanks for your prompt response.

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP: Total money you're spending for the trip e.g. Feeding, Transportation, and Plane Ticket etc. For your infant you should input N/A since you are the sponsor.

For the cost of aeroplane. Check the fare breakdown from the airlines website and input figures accordingly i.e. Adult: N287,146, Infant: N30,195 (These figures are real from Arik Air)

For conversation, the UKBA uses www.oanda.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pattybaby87(f): 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2015
Been a silent observer for awhile, thanks to everyone who asked questions n those that answered for pple to learn from. I applied last week Tuesday for my 2yrs visiting n decision was made on monday, passort ready for collection on tuesday. Went there today got my passport with my visa.
Thanks everybody n goodluck to those waiting for theirs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
Pattybaby87:
Been a silent observer for awhile, thanks to everyone who asked questions n those that answered for pple to learn from. I applied last week Tuesday for my 2yrs visiting n decision was made on monday, passort ready for collection on tuesday. Went there today got my passport with my visa.

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lexusgs430: 11:47pm On Dec 11, 2015
Pattybaby87:

Can you please fit me in your luggage (I am very light and flexible)?
Congratulations!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pattybaby87(f): 4:29am On Dec 12, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Can you please fit me in your luggage (I am very light and flexible)?
Congratulations!!!

Lol, if u don't weigh more than 10 kg. thanks dear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.