Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531541 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelland(f): 6:59am On Dec 17, 2015
diddy11:
Calling on justwise, vicjustice and all nairaland gurus. My six months visa to the uk expired last year December 2014 to be precise( I made a trip to the uk just once before the expiration of my visa). Now I intend to apply for a 2 years uk visa with the relevant supporting documents. However, I am confused on certain issues and need clarification from the house. 1. When I made my last application I did so with my wife who was given a 2 years visa because she ha been travelling before we got married. Now we have a baby and want to travel with her, my wife has a good paying job and will be paying for her ticket, while I intend to pay for I and my daughter. So for the portion of the online form which reads' what is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP' I wish to state 7oo pounds ( this will money will be for shopping for myself, daughter and wife for our 7 days trip to the uk) is this figure quoted realistic for the ECO of the British Embassy. 2. Also, for the portion of the online form which reads' the cost of the Aeroplane, Boat or train ticket' like I said I will be paying for I and my daughter and the price quoted by one of the airlines for an adult and an infant is less than 2oo, ooo can I quote t in the form? 3. Who can please tell the dollar rate which the uk embassy is using at the moment as well the pound rate? Thanks for your prompt response.

Answer the question on individual basis. What i mean is this, "How much will the trip cost to you?" write what it will cost you for you and your daughter excluding your wife's fees on your form(You said your spouse will sponsor herself). On your form, write down the cost of purchasing your own flight ticket, on your daughter's form, right down the cost of her own ticket. You must have specified on her form that you are sponsoring her so they are fully aware.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vuitton007: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2015
veecee29:

Congrats dear.Enjoy ur trip.Hoping mine arrives tomorrow.
Thanks alot, i appreciate, it shud arrive, lemme know though, see u!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Alexander2020: 8:51am On Dec 17, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Long story short, you were found guilty of money lodgement. Because of your action, it is advisable you wait for another 6 months before you re-apply to give way for the lodgement in your account.

Ensure that the purpose of your trip to the UK is plausible and comprehensible.

If your company is genuinely sending you to the UK for a training, why are they not sponsoring the trip? It makes sense

@FrontPageLawyer,
Yes, they already did sponsored my trip and it is mentioned in my application, and there is no comment from the ECO related to this point because it was clear to him.

Yes, i know i made a big mistake, but is that the end of the story?

kindly advise me, if i wait for any future chance like this and i submitted all the right papers next time. is that will be fine?
or i am now in a black list and they always will look for the previous 2 refusal?

what should i do and you can advise me in the future application? should i present any comments for the previous refusals or not?

do you ever heard about any example have a visa granted after two refusals?

your thoughts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 9:24am On Dec 17, 2015
Hi pple,jus to inform you that we arrived London yesterday without any Hassle..thanks for all the support
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:22am On Dec 17, 2015
Alexander2020:

@FrontPageLawyer,
Yes, they already did sponsored my trip and it is mentioned in my application, and there is no comment from the ECO related to this point because it was clear to him.

Yes, i know i made a big mistake, but is that the end of the story?

kindly advise me, if i wait for any future chance like this and i submitted all the right papers next time. is that will be fine?
or i am now in a black list and they always will look for the previous 2 refusal?

what should i do and you can advise me in the future application? should i present any comments for the previous refusals or not?

do you ever heard about any example have a visa granted after two refusals?

your thoughts.

Visas are approved even after 10 refusals as long as it is not a ban.

You were refused because you intentionally lodged money into your account prior to visa application. It is inconsequential whether the lodgement was for the visa application or not, but for the ECO, the act was done for you to secure a visa.

If the above is the case, then you are not on a ban and can be granted visa in your next application if you adhere to instruction, but if you've used fraudulent documents or wilful misrepresentation, then you should be afraid of future applications.

Wait until after the lodgement won't show in your six months statement of account; maintain a healthy account. Separate your salary account from other business accounts, your closing balance doesn't determine the outcome of your visa, there are other factors that are put into consideration e.g employment ties, family ties etc. $2.1B won't secure you even a 6months visa if the source of income is unknown.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Alexander2020: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Visas are approved even after 10 refusals as long as it is not a ban.

You were refused because you intentionally lodged money into your account prior to visa application. It is inconsequential whether the lodgement was for the visa application or not, but for the ECO, the act was done for you to secure a visa.

If the above is the case, then you are not on a ban and can be granted visa in your next application if you adhere to instruction, but if you've used fraudulent documents or wilful misrepresentation, then you should be afraid of future applications.

Wait until after the lodgement won't show in your six months statement of account; maintain a healthy account. Separate your salary account from other business accounts, your closing balance doesn't determine the outcome of your visa, there are other factors that are put into consideration e.g employment ties, family ties etc. $2.1B won't secure you even a 6months visa if the source of income is unknown.

@FrontPageLawyer,

thank you for your valuable advise.
yes, i confirm all my documents are correct and real.

but my concern is:
1- should i submit any comment for the previous 2 refusals or i just let it go?
2- will they review the reasons of those 2 refusal during the assessment of the next one on their records and consider the reasons them again? or the fresh application will be treated by its own merits and its own supporting docs?

i know i ask many questions but i appreciate your patience.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aspenjnr: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2015
funlover1:

I really wished you had sought opinion here before you sent in your application. I also was involved in monthly contribution but based on all the advices i gathered from here, i took to explain it in my cover letter to the ECO.

I sincerely believe every inflow and possiby outflow that the ECO may find questionable should be explained. My wife felt my cover letter was too explanatory but i would rather be too explanatory and get the visa (which i did) than withhold explanations and have my visa refused. See my cover letter below, you may find the content useful in drafting your own cover letter whily appealing or re-applying. You may also need to get some sort of agrrement drafted by a lawyer with names and signatures of all the people that were part of the monthly contribution scheme.

The Entry Clearance Officer
The Deputy British High Commission
11, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos.

Dear Sir,

GENERAL VISITORS’ VISA:
I hereby apply for a UK general visitor’s visa (valid up to 6 months) to enable me spend a time of vacation with my wife (xxxxx) in the United Kingdom. I am currently employed as a full time staff of xxxxxxx Lagos in the capacity of xxxxxxxx.

During my stay in the United Kingdom for two weeks, I will be staying with my wife at The Crystal Lodge Hotel, 49 Brigstock Road, Thornton Heath, CR7 7JH, United Kingdom, +447872969494.We plan to visit notable places like the Buckingham palace, the London Bridge, Emirates Stadium, 02 Arena and other tourist sites during our stay. The vacation will definitely provide a good get away experience for us.

I find it necessary to provide the following additional information:

1. My immediate family (my wife, my daughter and I since my son was not born yet at that time) had a change of surname in 2012; please find enclosed sworn affidavit and newspaper publication to that effect.
2. My former passport which was issued on 09 Feb, 2011 and which should expire on Feb 08, 2016 has been retained by the Nigeria Immigration Service, National Headquarters Abuja on issuance of a new one to me when I applied for a change of name on the passport. It is considered wrong to release two unexpired passports to me bearing different surname. Please find a photocopy of the old passport in this application.
3. Our Children (xxxxxx) will be taken care of by my mother when we are away in the United Kingdom.
4. My Salary figure for June 2015 as reflected on both the Pay slip and the Bank Statement of Account is higher than the figure for every other month because my leave allowance for the year (N100, 598.50) was paid with the salary. Narrations on the pay slip also reveals this
5. A credit of N158,738.31 that reflects in my account as being paid on July 27, 2015 was the Staff bonus I received for the company’s performance in the previous financial year which ended on March 31, 2015. Copy of the mails sent to all Staff by the CEO of my company with regards to the performance bonus for staff is also included in this application. It is also stated in my employment letter that I am entitled to a yearly performance bonus.
6. A cash payment of N200, 000 which came into my account on 30th April from one Bleep (a friend of mine) from Union Bank was paid by in to my account because the depositor needed to transfer the money to one xxxxx who has an account with GT Bank. He however could not transfer the money directly to her because his internet banking profile restricts him from transferring to accounts in other Banks. He can only do intra-bank transfer within Union Bank. I therefore offered to help him transfer the fund from my Union Bank (on receipt of same in my account) to xxxxx GT Bank account. This I did on same day.
7. Payment of N27, 210 on August 13, 2015 and N5088.25 on September 28 were Sales incentives for businesses referred to the Sales Team by me. My employment offer letter states that I am entitled to such.
8. Debits of N200, 000 each from my account on 31st March and 29th April, 2015 were in respect of a monthly contribution scheme I was involved in. xxxxx (whose account the payment were made into) was the coordinator of the scheme which ended by the end of April.

Kindly find enclosed all relevant documents for this application.

I trust that you will find that everything is in order and I assure you that I will return back to my work and family at the end of my two weeks visit. For questions, clarification and interview, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Yours Sincerely,

xxxxxxxx
good day bro am self employed and wish to visit uk next year i have good income and running dom account and current account i have traveled to ghana togo and cotonou with the passport and also have refusal stamp of SA please hoe do i procced by documents and also my passport will expire next year september hope to read from u soon

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kwekugh: 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
Good day nairalanders,I am a national service personnel applying for family visit.I am stuck and need help in filling my current status in the employment part.please should I select student(non)working or student(workingl.).your view is urgently needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by APFM(m): 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
@frontpagelawyer @justwise

Thank you but want to know the visa type to choose for a short course that lasts on 6 weeks.

I am confused at the types

Business (academic)
Study - Non Point based - 6mnths

Which is the right one before starting my application?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veecee29: 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2015
travelland:

I carry food all the time.

Did u indicate u have friends and family in ur application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zoomzu(f): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
@ Poster, To begin with,

1. Who is sponsoring the training?

a. If all expenses is going to be paid for by your organaisation, your account balance does not count, so you needed not to bother about your account balance but an evidence that the company pays your salary into that account every month. Tha's your link with the organisation with relavant cover letters from the organisation and payment for the training etc.

b. If you are the one paying for the conference, you need to block all the loop holes by avoiding huge deposit and make all necessary payments.

2. Build your account and re-apply.

3. Good luck.
Alexander2020:
Good day everybody,

i am new in this forum but i was attracted to it because i noticed that there is many guys who have a good understanding in the travel issues. i hope some one can advise me in my issue.

I work in an Egyptian branch in Egypt for an English company in UK.

The company asked me to apply for a UK business visit visa to UK to train me for a new product.

I have some friends in the same company who traveled before for the same reason (training) advised me to submit an HR letter and bank statement summary beside the invitation letter from the company and borrow some money to make the bank statement summary look better (big mistake i realized it later) but they done it before and worked with them.

so i followed their advise. and i applied for the visa

i received a refusal note (the first) because of :

The clearance officer wants to see the salary transactions in my account and my marriage evidence (my Ties to Egypt).

so, i applied again and submitted the bank statement in details with my salary transactions and my marriage evidence and my house papers.

and i have applied again.

i received a refusal note (the second) because of :

the large deposit prior of my application.

Now i should payback this deposit to its owner again.
Now, i have two refusal because of my ignorance but they will think i am dishonest, what should i do?
Now i missed the current training chance.
but it will be some more in the future and it is good for my career and experience.

shall i forget it?
shall I wait for the next training chance and submit a fresh bank statement (depend on my salary only with regular transactions) with a fresh application or it will be a waste of time?

will they treat the third application with its merits or they will consider the previous refusal reasons and will ask for the origin of the large deposit again (it will not exist in the third application)?
and if i applied again shall i mention any reason for this deposit or not?

any help or advise will be very appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kwekugh: 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
justwise,vicjustwise and co please i know you are the people to sort me out of my earlier message.i want to know if selecting student(working) is the right choice because i am being paid allowance not salary.on the other hand if i pick student(full time) then i am contradicting the whole thing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kay1one2(m): 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
travelland:

Go to TLS office and complain, they used to have a form given to visa applicants who experience issues like this, they will tell you what to do.

Please i want to make a visa application with paye receipts as my tax clearance and a letter from my place of work identifying me as a staff there. I would like to write a medical licensing exam (plab) likely to stay for five months to also do clinical attachments in hospitals. Where i work have tax receipts up till September only and i started working there in March; i have only April to September receipts; six months. Will that be enough. I'm pressuring my boss to pay up the outstanding months though.
Also other than bank statements and a cover letter is there anything else my sponsor here needs to send to me? Thanks on advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Alexander2020: 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
zoomzu:
@ Poster, To begin with,

1. Who is sponsoring the training?

a. If all expenses is going to be paid for by your organaisation, your account balance does not count, so you needed not to bother about your account balance but an evidence that the company pays your salary into that account every month. Tha's your link with the organisation with relavant cover letters from the organisation and payment for the training etc.

b. If you are the one paying for the conference, you need to block all the loop holes by avoiding huge deposit and make all necessary payments.

2. Build your account and re-apply.

3. Good luck.

@Zoomzu
thanks for your reply, but although my organization will sponsor my trip and its stated in the papers and i submitted my bank statement summary beside the HR letter showing my salary, the ECO asked for a detailed bank statement and it is one of the reasons of the first refusal.

regarding to re-apply, it is related to any future chance for training in UK from my organisation and in the same time i will organise my account as you suggest.

my concern is: if they will refuse any future application from my side because of the previous two refusal even i submitted all the papers right.
and also, should i mention any comment regarding to the reason of the second refusal (previous large deposit) or i should let it go?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
Alexander2020:

@Zoomzu
thanks for your reply, but although my organization will sponsor my trip and its stated in the papers and i submitted my bank statement summary beside the HR letter showing my salary, the ECO asked for a detailed bank statement and it is one of the reasons of the first refusal.

regarding to re-apply, it is related to any future chance for training in UK from my organisation and in the same time i will organise my account as you suggest.

my concern is: if they will refuse any future application from my side because of the previous two refusal even i submitted all the papers right.
and also, should i mention any comment regarding to the reason of the second refusal (previous large deposit) or i should let it go?

You must mention all previous refusals in your future application. The consequences of withholding such sensitive information is a 10 years ban.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Alexander2020: 10:11am On Dec 18, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

You must mention all previous refusals in your future application. The consequences of withholding such sensitive information is a 10 years ban.

@FrontPageLawyer

yes i know i should mention all the previous refusals in question No.29 in the application
29) HAVE YOU BEEN REFUSED A VISA FOR ANY COUNTRY INCLUDING THE UK IN THE LAST 10 YEARS?
i know i should write (Yes - UK - Date - Visa Type - Reason) and mention the two dates and the type of the visa.

my question is: what should i write in the reason cell (especially for the refusal related to the large deposit)?
also, should i attached any covering letter and comment for this two refusals? if so, what is the best idea i should use to cover this refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by diddy11(m): 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
[quote author=FrontPageLawyer post=41025730]

I wouldn't know why you having this problem. Hope your account has online access?

If the problem persists, you can try PAGA.

@front page lawyer thanks so much for your response, just left my bank now only to find out that the reason why I couldn't make said payment was because of the 300 dollar limit per transaction per day imposed by can even though I had been to the bank and sought approval to have the dollar limit increased. Anyways I will take your hint and try paga....only in Nigeria do we make absurd policies to frustrate people.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
Alexander2020:

@FrontPageLawyer

yes i know i should mention all the previous refusals in question No.29 in the application
29) HAVE YOU BEEN REFUSED A VISA FOR ANY COUNTRY INCLUDING THE UK IN THE LAST 10 YEARS?
i know i should write (Yes - UK - Date - Visa Type - Reason) and mention the two dates and the type of the visa.

my question is: what should i write in the reason cell (especially for the refusal related to the large deposit)?
also, should i attached any covering letter and comment for this two refusals? if so, what is the best idea i should use to cover this refusal?

Mention all previous refusals UK, US or Schengen. This question does not have any negative effect on the outcome of your application, it is a credibility test because they have the records whether mentioned or not.

Reasons for refusals should be short and precise; "financial ties"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alabikunlekam(m): 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
Good evening house,
Please I applied for visitor in transit visa to UK and am going to barbados back in december 2014 and I was refused visa to go then because of the insufficient amount of money in my bank account and my sponsorship has stated in the invitation letter that she will be the one to sponsor my trip,,,,,now my question is ,I wanna apply for another one but I have a print out invitation letter with me from the person am going to visit in barbados,is this letter going to work because the first letter I used then was sent to me through FEDEX,,I will be glad to read from you admi.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Alexander2020: 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Mention all previous refusals UK, US or Schengen. This question does not have any negative effect on the outcome of your application, it is a credibility test because they have the records whether mentioned or not.

Reasons for refusals should be short and precise; "financial ties"

@FrontPageLawyer

Many thanks for all your answers and efforts.
i appreciate it very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 10:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
My Cousin Wants To Use A Forged SOA Given 2 Him By An Agent To Process UK Visa, But Am Persuading Him Not To Tender It because D VO Would Confirm It From D Bank. He Insisted D Agent Assured Him Dat D Embasy Dosent Confirm As Long As There Are No Inconstitencies In D Statement Of Acct. Pls Gurus In D House, How True Is This?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zoomzu(f): 12:03am On Dec 19, 2015
You are actually the person that wanted to use fake SOA. Don't try it, if detected, the consequence is 10 years ban .

ancestorial:
My Cousin Wants To Use A Forged SOA Given 2 Him By An Agent To Process UK Visa, But Am Persuading Him Not To Tender It because D VO Would Confirm It From D Bank. He Insisted D Agent Assured Him Dat D Embasy Dosent Confirm As Long As There Are No Inconstitencies In D Statement Of Acct. Pls Gurus In D House, How True Is This?

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aspenjnr: 4:15am On Dec 19, 2015
zoomzu:
You are actually the person that wanted to use fake SOA. Don't try it, if detected, the consequence is 10 years ban .

bro they will confirm it o and its ban foe forgery am serving ban as i dey as part of using forged SOA most of those embassy that operate through VFS do confirm anything presented
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alabikunlekam(m): 7:23am On Dec 19, 2015
Good morning everyone, Please I applied for visitor in transit visa to UK and am going to barbados back in december 2014 and I was refused visa to go then because of the insufficient amount of money in my bank account and my sponsorship has stated in the invitation letter that she will be the one to sponsor my trip,,,,,now my question is ,I wanna apply for another one but I have a print out invitation letter with me from the person am going to visit in barbados,is this letter going to work because the first letter I used then was sent to me through FEDEX,,I will be glad to read from you admi.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:30am On Dec 19, 2015
ancestorial:

Well done
People from the UK and the USA embassy read this forum all the time.
You have now warned them to watch out for fake bank statements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amdx21: 8:06am On Dec 19, 2015
Good morning everyone, I have my tier 4 visa and I want to travel with my spouse and kid as my dependants. I have the money for their maintenance in my account, my question is since their application is separate and it is one account statement they will use, am I to print 2 copies of the same bank statement for each of them to submit with their application? Please anyone who has travelled with dependants should help. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:33am On Dec 19, 2015
zoomzu:

grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:34am On Dec 19, 2015
alabikunlekam:
Good morning everyone,
Please I applied for visitor in transit visa to UK and am going
to barbados back in december 2014 and I was refused visa
to go then because of the insufficient amount of money in
my bank account and my sponsorship has stated in the
invitation letter that she will be the one to sponsor my
trip,,,,,now my question is ,I wanna apply for another one
but I have a print out invitation letter with me from the
person am going to visit in barbados,is this letter going to
work because the first letter I used then was sent to me
through FEDEX,,I will be glad to read from you admi.

It doesn't matter you can use it

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:35am On Dec 19, 2015
amdx21:
Good morning everyone, I have my tier 4 visa and I want to travel with my spouse and kid as my dependants. I have the money for their maintenance in my account, my question is since their application is separate and it is one account statement they will use, am I to print 2 copies of the same bank statement for each of them to submit with their application? Please anyone who has travelled with dependants should help. Thanks

One is enough if they are submitting together
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alabikunlekam(m): 9:24am On Dec 19, 2015
thanks a lot justwise and I really appreciate your effort and concern
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:40am On Dec 19, 2015
alabikunlekam:
thanks a lot justwise and I really appreciate your effort and concern

No worries, all the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.