Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529722 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 2:50am On Oct 25, 2017
Good day all ,thanks a lot for your helpful response.
I printed my account statement last week, waiting for some documentation to commence the visa process.
Pls I'll like to know, is there a duration of time my account statement is valid for and when it becomes invalid.
Thankss

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 6:21am On Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix77:
Good eveningeveryone, I'm sorry but I need your help with a little bit of advice and guide pls. I am preparing my application for a uk spousal visa...and I don't know if you can pls help out with certain tips on presenting a strong application. Thanks

Y not paste your questions on the spousal visa section, you would definitely get more responses there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 6:24am On Oct 25, 2017
tmoneyluvsu:
Good day all ,thanks a lot for your helpful response.
I printed my account statement last week, waiting for some documentation to commence the visa process.
Pls I'll like to know, is there a duration of time my account statement is valid for and when it becomes invalid.
Thankss

Keep all dated documents, especially bank account statements, within one month of visa application

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by klifeomg(m): 7:49am On Oct 25, 2017
Goodmorning guys
Thanks much @Solatium and Brightingsus
I plan to pay in about 400k into her account and explain the source of the fund. I will state that its a gift from her son for her ticket and settling.I was thinking if there is need to attach my employment letter, payslip and bank statement as proof that I am a part sponsor for the trip,I don't want it to seem like I am giving too much information that's why I am asking.
Also the source of the money is my late Dad's money.How do I explain that in future,do I need to attach my Dads death certificate too,is it going too much just for proof?
Can I apply immediately,like 1st week of November or I should give more space?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by johnwisdom10(m): 8:10am On Oct 25, 2017
johnwisdom10:
Good evening everyone! Please my fiancé in the U.K. (A U.K. Citizen) Will like to invite me to visit the U.K. By December and she will be sponsoring my visit and sending me an invite. She's work full time and live in 3 bedroom apartment. I'm a self employed guy in Nigeria. My question is do I need to show evidence of close tie and statements of account? And what other documents will I need to apply for a visiting visa? thank
. Please can someone help me with this please? @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ezriela: 8:35am On Oct 25, 2017
Good morning people,
Pls I need some clarifications, I want to apply for 6 month UK visa with my family (me, husband and baby

I have travelled once last yr to uk with my baby but my husband didn't apply with us but we all want to apply together now but my husband has less than 200k in his account now cos he is doing a project currently but I wish to sponsor my family.
Someone told me to be on safer side I shd transfer the money to my husband's acct and let him be our sponsors.

What do you think abt this decision? Does it matter who the sponsor is among us? I need ur candid opinion.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 9:24am On Oct 25, 2017
klifeomg:
Goodmorning guys
Thanks much @Solatium and Brightingsus
I plan to pay in about 400k into her account and explain the source of the fund. I will state that its a gift from her son for her ticket and settling.I was thinking if there is need to attach my employment letter, payslip and bank statement as proof that I am a part sponsor for the trip,I don't want it to seem like I am giving too much information that's why I am asking.
Also the source of the money is my late Dad's money.How do I explain that in future,do I need to attach my Dads death certificate too,is it going too much just for proof?
Can I apply immediately,like 1st week of November or I should give more space?

Since u are a co-sponsor it is better to leave the money in your account,just write a short note that you will co-sponsor the trip with so and so amount and attach ur statement of account (preferably salary account) and pay slip.your Dad's death certificate is apt since u are claiming is an inheritance,but I hope she has no dependant filled in her previous application,if she does the logic of using part of your inheritance to finance a trip when u have dependant/s won't fly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 9:28am On Oct 25, 2017
Ezriela:
Good morning people,
Pls I need some clarifications, I want to apply for 6 month UK visa with my family (me, husband and baby

I have travelled once last yr to uk with my baby but my husband didn't apply with us but we all want to apply together now but my husband has less than 200k in his account now cos he is doing a project currently but I wish to sponsor my family.
Someone told me to be on safer side I shd transfer the money to my husband's acct and let him be our sponsors.

What do you think abt this decision? Does it matter who the sponsor is among us? I need ur candid opinion.

Thank you

Anyone can be a.sponsor,be it the wife or the husband,Don't make any transfer that will jeopardize the chances

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ademidun1: 9:41am On Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix77:
Good eveningeveryone, I'm sorry but I need your help with a little bit of advice and guide pls. I am preparing my application for a uk spousal visa...and I don't know if you can pls help out with certain tips on presenting a strong application. Thanks
Better you post your questions to spouse visa thread. Use the below link:
https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/323#down
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by klifeomg(m): 10:35am On Oct 25, 2017
Solatium:

Since u are a co-sponsor it is better to leave the money in your account,just write a short note that you will co-sponsor the trip with so and so amount and attach ur statement of account (preferably salary account) and pay slip.your Dad's death certificate is apt since u are claiming is an inheritance,but I hope she has no dependant filled in her previous application,if she does the logic of using part of your inheritance to finance a trip when u have dependant/s won't fly

I will do just that,thanks much for the advice,no dependants as I filled in the application,will keep this thread updated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PreciousGemRubb: 10:42am On Oct 25, 2017
Brightingsus:

Thanks.

The heading does not matter. The heading is not looked at in deciding an application. The heading you have is ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funmido(f): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2017
Hello, @Justwise @Bright @Solatium @Ekpotek and everyone in the house,

Kindly advice:

I submitted a completed online application for a tourist visa on the 4th of October but cancelled/requested for a refund on the 5th of October 2017 upon detecting an error i made in section/part 2. (Please note that biometrics and submission date was scheduled for the 12th of October but wasn’t honored as i had already cancelled)

Now on the 15th of October, i made a fresh application online, paid the visa fee, submitted and went for my biometrics yesterday 24/10/2017

But to my surprise, up till this minute i haven’t received a mail or any refund alert from the British Embassy (visa4UK) concerning the previous cancelled

Kindly advice...

Thank you all!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ezriela: 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
Solatium:

Thanks

Anyone can be a.sponsor,be it the wife or the husband,Don't make any transfer that will jeopardize the chances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
buddiemm:
I applied for Tier 5 charity worker visa which is a voluntary field work. I just received a new refusal notice now stating I can apply for Administrative Review. But my sponsor said may be I should apply with a new CoS. What do you think please? And please what do you think my sponsor can add now to the new coS apart from my appointment letter. Thanks

Pls should I go for Administrative Review ot I should make a fresh application? Ekpotek, Justwise, Brightingsus and other gurus please respond. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
johnwisdom10:
Good evening everyone! Please my fiancé in the U.K. (A U.K. Citizen) Will like to invite me to visit the U.K. By December and she will be sponsoring my visit and sending me an invite. She's work full time and live in 3 bedroom apartment. I'm a self employed guy in Nigeria. My question is do I need to show evidence of close tie and statements of account? And what other documents will I need to apply for a visiting visa? thank

Yes to all that questions, you need to present your bank statement and proof source of money on it, yes you need to apply for visiting visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
buddiemm:
I applied for Tier 5 charity worker visa which is a voluntary field work. I just received a new refusal notice now stating I can apply for Administrative Review. But my sponsor said may be I should apply with a new CoS. What do you think please? And please what do you think my sponsor can add now to the new coS apart from my appointment letter. Thanks

Why were you refused?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojisolani: 1:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
Please people in the house,am submitting my application next week and am currently a nursing student and I also have a printing business am doing am submitting my business account with a balance of little over 500k and my saving with little above 500k where i received money from family and friends and also money transfer from my business account to my saving as well but I have another saving account where i received money from family but lately my previous company where i worked with before as been transferring money to my account every month for the past 4 months for my unpaid salary of five months pls how do I explain this transfer from the company ?do I ask the company to write a back up letter pls no large deposit just transfer showing the company name and balance of 190k. Pls help me out. Pls house help me out. Pls house ,help out with explanation. Pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dasilva100(f): 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
Thanks @ justwise. Visa granted.

justwise:

You stand a good chances because your case is a bit different regarding 3months bank statement.

1. You came back without overstaying your visa and got a job

2. You are not going for a visit but for a graduation(an award ceremony)

3. You graduated with a good result and will be specifically recognized during the graduation ceremony.

So yes you need to mention the fact that you graduated with first class and attach your certificate and graduation IV.

Look for a cheap ticket so as to reduce your overhead cost of the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nah bro, we later decided to do 2 months instead, I just wanted her to stay extra one month. But like someone said I will just let her stay for 2 months cos of her renewal
Brightingsus:

I thought u said two weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluwadizzle(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
oluwadizzle:
Hello everyone. I submitted my application for renewal of visa and did my biometrics on 29th of september at the TLS office at Ikeja and till now anytime I track my application online it says decision hasn't been made. Please is this normal as I am beginning to get worried. My last application was November 2014 and I got the visa issued within a week so I'm wondering why this is taking a bit long.
@justwise please can you help with a response. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ademidun1: 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
Dear fellow nairalanders,
I've been a silent reader on this group; even before I had the opportunity to apply for tier 2 visa which looked like a mountain lol. Maybe because there was no thread that is specifically for tier 2 visa applications. I came to this forum and asked few questions. I want to share our timeline(me and my wife) to encourage others.
Biometrics- 09/10/2017.
Acknowledgement mail from Sheffield- 11/10/2017.
Decision mail from tls- 24/10/2017.
Passports with visa collected on 26/10/2017.
I acknowledge God for being ever faithful. I thank Justwise and other people who answered the questions I asked here. God bless you all.
NB- We submitted our biometrics in Abuja, went with a lot of documents including photocopies of our previous passports, wedding and other family pictures, offer letter from my employer, evidence of accommodation mail, cover letter etc. They didn't collect them at all the tls office. The only documents they collected were:
1. Front pages of our visa application print out.
2. Valid international passports.
Marriage certificate, COS print out l, police clearance and TB certificates were only collected, scanned and returned to us immediately. I was so confused and angry at the same time. I asked them why they didn't allow us to support supporting documents we brought, but the lady that attended to us said that according to the new rule, they didn't need any other thing.
I became so worried and to crown it all, the decision was made within 2 weeks of biometrics.
What I learned from the whole thing is that, when God says the time to do something is now, no one can say no. I'm so grateful to Him.
I pray for all those waiting for their visas too, that you will hear good news too. Amen!!

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
justwise:

Why were you refused?

Justwise. I applied for administrative review for a decision to refuse my charity worker visa application so the following are the response from the administrative reviewer.

Administrative Review under the Points-based System (PBS)

You applied for entry clearance to the United Kingdom under Tier 5 of the Points Based System. Your application failed to meet the qualifying criteria and was refused on 15/09/17. Your request for Administrative Review was received by this office on 25/09/17.

I have reviewed your application and I am satisfied that the decision to refuse you entry clearance was correct. However, I enclose a new Refusal notice with amended reasons for refusal. Your original refusal has been revoked because the reasons cited were incorrect.

Whilst I am satisfied that the master CoS did include some information about your sponsor’s mission statement and how your role would advance it and that the CoS did state that your role was not permanent but linked to temporary grants, however, I am not satisfied that the role ascribed to you is “field work” under the meaning in Appendix A part 111(c) of the Rules
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojisolani: 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2017
Justwise pls reply to my questions pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Marytee2: 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ademidun1:
I've been a silent reader on this group; even before I had the opportunity to apply for tier 2 visa which looked like a mountain lol. Maybe because there was no thread that is specifically for tier 2 visa applications. I came to this forum and asked few questions. I want to share our timeline(me and my wife) to encourage others.
Biometrics- 09/10/2017.
I acknowledge God for being ever faithful. I thank justwise and other people who answered the questions I asked here. God bless you all.
NB- We submitted our biometrics in Abuja, went with a lot of documents including photocopies of our previous passports, wedding and other family pictures, offer letter from my employer, evidence of accommodation mail, cover letter etc. They didn't collect them at all the tls office. The only documents they collected were:
Marriage certificate, COS print out and TB certificates were only collected, scanned and returned to us immediately. I was so confused and angry at the same time. I asked them why they didn't allow us to support supporting documents we brought, but the lady that attended to us said that according to the new rule, they didn't need any other thing.
I became so worried and to crown it all, the decision was made within 2 weeks of biometrics.
What I learned from the whole thing is that, when God says the time to do something is now, no one can say no. I'm so grateful to Him.
I pray for all those waiting for their visas too, that you will hear good news too. Amen!!
Congratulations!!! I'm happy for you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by reflx(m): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ademidun1:
Biometrics- 09/10/2017.
I acknowledge God for being ever faithful. I thank justwise and other people who answered the questions I asked here. God bless you all.
Marriage certificate, COS print out and TB certificates were only collected, scanned and returned to us immediately. I was so confused and angry at the same time. I asked them why they didn't allow us to support supporting documents we brought, but the lady that attended to us said that according to the new rule, they didn't need any other thing.

please did you pay for priority visa
also you did not mention police clearance certificate....did you submit these

Congratulations!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by reflx(m): 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
my dear friends

please how long does it take to get the police clearance in lagos
can it be done in a day?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ademidun1: 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
reflx:

please did you pay for priority visa
also you did not mention police clearance certificate....did you submit these

Congratulations!!!
Thank you so much.
1. I didn't pay for priority visa. It was purely standard visa application.
2. I forgot to add police report. You have to do police clearance and attach. You should get it the same day in Lagos, all things being equal; or at least the following day.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ademidun1: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
Marytee2:

Congratulations!!! I'm happy for you
Thank you �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by reflx(m): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ademidun1:

Thank you so much.
1. I didn't pay for priority visa. It was purely standard visa application.
2. I forgot to add police report. You have to do police clearance and attach. You should get it the same day in Lagos, all things being equal; or at least the following day.

about the COS- all i got was a number , kindly clarify if there's a letter i need from my employers too
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funmido(f): 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hello, @Justwise @Bright @Solatium @Ekpotek and everyone in the house,

Kindly advice:

I submitted a completed online application for a tourist visa on the 4th of October but cancelled/requested for a refund on the 5th of October 2017 upon detecting an error i made in section/part 2. (Please note that biometrics and submission date was scheduled for the 12th of October but wasn’t honored as i had already cancelled)

Now on the 15th of October, i made a fresh application online, paid the visa fee, submitted and went for my biometrics yesterday 24/10/2017

But to my surprise, up till this minute i haven’t received a mail or any refund alert from the British Embassy (visa4UK) concerning the previous cancelled

Kindly advice...

Thank you all!

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.