Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529607 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sprock: 11:04am On Oct 28, 2017
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sprock: 11:10am On Oct 28, 2017
Hi everyone.
I got my student visa recently but I couldn't travel as UKVI delays resulted in me receiving my visa after my school's latest date of arrival. Now my friend wants me to visit for 3 weeks at Christmas due to the impact not being able to join my course has had on me. He will be sponsoring because I've still got money tied up in the whole process as my school is willing for me to join them next year. And my sister is willing to pay some extra cash to my account for any extra stuff I may want to do.
My office just started paying my salary into my account this October as I got payments via alternate means for July-Sept cos of my school plans.
I'd like to have an idea on how to go about it and what documents that might help my cause.
Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
Adimorah:
Good morning FAM. I have been following this thread for a while now, 2 years to be specific. Please you guys should help me with some clue. I haven't traveled out before, the last time I wanted to, it was denied and reasons was:
You said your schooling in Nigeria but no evidence to back that up.
You and your spouse have been together for 3 years but no proof of the relationship. ( I haven't seen her for the first time)
You submitted a payslip of your spouse but no bank statement.
With this I don't think you have enough fund for this trip and that you will return back to Nigeria. There was no right for appeal.

Here is the thing guys, I want to submit this application again, now she will send me all those things, (She works as a teaching assistant, and will sponsor everything) and I might use my mom as a sponsor too, then my expenses there on my head.
But am a fresh graduate, I don't have much in my account, as I work with my boss who has a registered construction company, he doesn't pay me.

Guys please help me arrange my self, and to be frank if I should get the visa, I don't plan coming back. I will just go there and get married.

You said u are yet to see your partner? To be frank, your chances are slim. Others may say you don't stand any chance. So many things would count against you. First thing is get your spouse to visit you in Nigeria first.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hi everyone, is the UKBA big on addresses? There's a mistake on two different certificates, one says "Plot 9, block 72" and the other says "Plot 9, block 17". And it can't be rectified as those certificates are issued only once.
Thanks.

Cc Justwise[color=#770077][/color]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PreciousGemRubb: 10:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hello House, I was just going through my dad's bank statement and realised it has the old address. The land use and all other documents has the current address. The old address was a rented flat but the current address is his own property and it's been over 15years since the move. Should he change his address and print out a new bank statement or will it not affect the application. The current address is what I filled in the application.
P.S: I am only inviting my dad for now and not both my parents as I have stated in my previous posts (Mum not really eager to travel yet).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:02am On Oct 29, 2017
PreciousGemRubb:
Hello House, I was just going through my dad's bank statement and realised it has the old address. The land use and all other documents has the current address. The old address was a rented flat but the current address is his own property and it's been over 15years since the move. Should he change his address and print out a new bank statement or will it not affect the application. The current address is what I filled in the application.
P.S: I am only inviting my dad for now and not both my parents as I have stated in my previous posts (Mum not really eager to travel yet).

To reduce the amount of explanation to do, you can simply go to any branch of his bank (dad being present) and change personal details. Amend the address and print a new bank statement. He could do well by going with any ID with the new address to the bank. Consistency is key.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lilreese: 1:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Ademidun1:
Dear fellow nairalanders,
I've been a silent reader on this group; even before I had the opportunity to apply for tier 2 visa which looked like a mountain lol. Maybe because there was no thread that is specifically for tier 2 visa applications. I came to this forum and asked few questions. I want to share our timeline(me and my wife) to encourage others.
Biometrics- 09/10/2017.
Acknowledgement mail from Sheffield- 11/10/2017.
Decision mail from tls- 24/10/2017.
Passports with visa collected on 26/10/2017.
I acknowledge God for being ever faithful. I thank Justwise and other people who answered the questions I asked here. God bless you all.
NB- We submitted our biometrics in Abuja, went with a lot of documents including photocopies of our previous passports, wedding and other family pictures, offer letter from my employer, evidence of accommodation mail, cover letter etc. They didn't collect them at all the tls office. The only documents they collected were:
1. Front pages of our visa application print out.
2. Valid international passports.
Marriage certificate, COS print out l, police clearance and TB certificates were only collected, scanned and returned to us immediately. I was so confused and angry at the same time. I asked them why they didn't allow us to support supporting documents we brought, but the lady that attended to us said that according to the new rule, they didn't need any other thing.
I became so worried and to crown it all, the decision was made within 2 weeks of biometrics.
What I learned from the whole thing is that, when God says the time to do something is now, no one can say no. I'm so grateful to Him.
I pray for all those waiting for their visas too, that you will hear good news too. Amen!!

Hello, where does one find tier 2 sponsor jobs .
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lilreese: 1:34am On Oct 29, 2017
sutelk:
I'm planning to move to the UK via Tier 2 and I have a target date of Jan/Feb 2018. To raise the required funds for my plans I'm currently taking part in a monthly contribution, a.k.a AJO which I'm due to collect a lump sum at the end of December.
My issue now is with the £945 visa savings requirement, which must have been in your account for 90 days.
I should have more than the required amount by the end of the year but I'm aware any lump sum in my account will be an issue.
I'm thinking of getting a bank loan through my salary account and paying little amounts from the loan over the next 90 days, into the account I intend to present, and using the AJO to clear the loan before I leave.
My main question is "will they also ask for my salary account during my visa processing cos I wouldn't want them to find out I took a bank loan to fund my trip.

Hello, how can one find tier 2 sponsor job ?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dan147: 1:59am On Oct 29, 2017
I need reply... My family and I are planning to travel to Uk for the Xmas break, we have visited South Africa as family. My husband is a manager/supervisor in his father's company but he doesn't receive salary but a part of percentage which isn't recorded(but sometimes the company pays directly into his account or he collects the cash deposit himself. He uses his second savings account for this)....thereby not having payslip. Can he generate any payslip and apply? We have a good bank statement, property and other document . What is our chances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 8:00am On Oct 29, 2017
Dear Justwise and Ekpotek,
I am planning to apply for a tourist visa to uk to spend Christmas and new year holiday.
I have had two expired 6 months visit visa,the first I used only once in 2015 and the second I used twice in 2016/2017.
I study presently in Europe and my study permit expires July next year which I will definitely renew.
But my question is can I apply for a 2 year visit visa having in mind that my permit will expire in 9 months or I should apply for another 6 months?
Note: all in a bid to avoid paying the 57£ fee in every application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PreciousGemRubb: 9:13am On Oct 29, 2017
Brightingsus:

To reduce the amount of explanation to do, you can simply go to any branch of his bank (dad being present) and change personal details. Amend the address and print a new bank statement. He could do well by going with any ID with the new address to the bank. Consistency is key.

[/b]Thanks Brightingsus, 1 more question. I send money to my dad every month using my Nigeria account (GTB). I send the money from UK to my GTB before sending it to him so as to keep my GTB account active. The only issue I have now is that the GTB account is still in my maiden name. Do i need to explain (in my invitation letter) why all the transaction from me to him is showing my names with the old surname. Or do i just leave it as I am including my marriage certificate.[b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by preciouschiomy: 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
Please I need help. I am currently filling the EEA family permit online application form , but I am so confused. My confusion is the question below (see attached ) whose details should I put. mine or hubby. Someone should pls answer.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
Lordcrixus:
Dear Justwise and Ekpotek,
I am planning to apply for a tourist visa to uk to spend Christmas and new year holiday.
I have had two expired 6 months visit visa,the first I used only once in 2015 and the second I used twice in 2016/2017.
I study presently in Europe and my study permit expires July next year which I will definitely renew.
But my question is can I apply for a 2 year visit visa having in mind that my permit will expire in 9 months or I should apply for another 6 months?
Note: all in a bid to avoid paying the 57£ fee in every application

Sure you can apply for 2 years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
preciouschiomy:
Please I need help. I am currently filling the EEA family permit online application form , but I am so confused. My confusion is the question below (see attached ) whose details should I put. mine or hubby. Someone should pls answer.

The information require is about your spouse, which in this case is your husband.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
PreciousGemRubb:

[/b]Thanks Brightingsus, 1 more question. I send money to my dad every month using my Nigeria account (GTB). I send the money from UK to my GTB before sending it to him so as to keep my GTB account active. The only issue I have now is that the GTB account is still in my maiden name. Do i need to explain (in my invitation letter) why all the transaction from me to him is showing my names with the old surname. Or do i just leave it as I am including my marriage certificate.[b]

That's no issue at all. Don't try to change the name on the transactions. You must explain the transactions and highlight the fact that your name on your dad's statements is your maiden name; then include your marriage certificate. If you have been consistently doing this way of money transfer for like 6 months, then you would need to include your GTB bank statement as well as your UK bank statements. Highlight your UK bank statement with asterisk on the line of each transaction showing the amount leaving your account to go to your GTB. Then highlight your GTB statements with asterisk on the line of each transaction coming in from the UK reflecting same amount. Then include your payslips amongst other things you have. Then mention all these in your cover letter. This is how to explain origin of funds. Don't forget to include your dad's bank statements too.

With tact you will find out that making a Uk visa application is actually easy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by preciouschiomy: 8:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
ekpotek:

The information require is about your spouse, which in this case is your husband.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 11:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
lilreese:

Hello, how can one find tier 2 sponsor job ?
Thanks
Can't answer for every profession, but I'm a health professional so I can find a lot on the NHS jobs site. Also discovered some A rated sponsors in the private sector recruiting in my field.
maybe the best way to start is by interacting with professional colleagues over there, they'll be in the best position to direct you.
There are also job sites like indeed, reed, monster etc but the truth is that they haven't been very useful to me, you can try them, they may be useful to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PreciousGemRubb: 11:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
Brightingsus:

That's no issue at all. Don't try to change the name on the transactions. You must explain the transactions and highlight the fact that your name on your dad's statements is your maiden name; then include your marriage certificate. If you have been consistently doing this way of money transfer for like 6 months, then you would need to include your GTB bank statement as well as your UK bank statements. Highlight your UK bank statement with asterisk on the line of each transaction showing the amount leaving your account to go to your GTB. Then highlight your GTB statements with asterisk on the line of each transaction coming in from the UK reflecting same amount. Then include your payslips amongst other things you have. Then mention all these in your cover letter. This is how to explain origin of funds. Don't forget to include your dad's bank statements too.

With tact you will find out that making a Uk visa application is actually easy.

Thanks for the reply but how do I get my GTB statement from the UK plus I use individuals into currency exchange to send money to my GTB account. I can't get a detailed information on how I get the money from pounds to naira. I recently started using Azimo but it's just a month. What can I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 7:29am On Oct 30, 2017
PreciousGemRubb:

Thanks for the reply but how do I get my GTB statement from the UK plus I use individuals into currency exchange to send money to my GTB account. I can't get a detailed information on how I get the money from pounds to naira. I recently started using Azimo but it's just a month. What can I do?

Ok! Well, the most important sender's bank account is the one originating from the UK since that's where you are based. I am not sure 'GTB' will show in the deposit corner of your dad's statement. You can verify. I did the same for my mother inlaw. I was sending funds to my Nig account, then transferring to my mother inlaw. It was only my name that appeared on her statement, not my Nig account. Like I said, confirm.

As for money remittance, don't you have receipts for every transaction? You should. When you send money to Nig through Bureeu de change, individuals that run the business, or Azimo, you should always ask for receipts. The receipts will contain vital information like your name as the sender, your address in the UK, date of transaction, amount sent in GBP, exchange rate and amount in NGN to be received in Nigeria. I have all my receipts. The transactions on the receipts will bear the amount sent to Nigeria which amount in GBP will reflect in your UK bank statement.

I need you to verify a few things...
1. For how long did you send/have you been sending money to your dad through 'individuals'?
2. How many transactions have you done through Azimo?
3. Find out if 'GTB' shows under deposits in your dad's statements.
4. Why don't you have transaction receipts?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by preciouschiomy: 9:55am On Oct 30, 2017
ekpotek:

Please what should I answer here about the cost of my trip, the total money I have for the trip, cost of accommodation , and how much of my income is giving to my family member

I am not working. My husband supports us financially (my son and i)
He rented a 2 bedrooms flat in the UK.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 11:36am On Oct 30, 2017
ekpotek:

Sure you can apply for 2 years.

Thanks Ekpotek, I hope my permit expiring July next year won’t be a deciding factor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bellakay: 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2017
In the spirit of giving back, my visa got approved. Few weeks back, I asked about paying money into my account. Some people bluntly said No. I follow my instincts went ahead to pay the money. As Far, there’s inflow and outflow of transactions. I think you are good to go.
All I submitted at tls Abuja was
Introduction letter
Pay slip
Leave letter from my company
Statement of account
I applied along with my sister who is sponsoring the trip.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iyatrustee(f): 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
I need clarification please. I cancelled the hotel reservation i used during my application because it was nearing the expiration of free cancellation and my visa was not out then.

Now it is out, my travel dates are changing slightly and i got a better offer in an hotel about 20mins drive away from the previous one which i plan to use.

Will this pose any problem at POE?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
iyatrustee:
I need clarification please. I cancelled the hotel reservation i used during my application because it was nearing the expiration of free cancellation and my visa was not out then.

Now it is out, my travel dates are changing slightly and i got a better offer in an hotel about 20mins drive away from the previous one which i plan to use.

Will this pose any problem at POE?

Not really as long as you explain yourself, just show them your new confirmed hotel reservation and explain that you had to cancel the previous hotel because you got a better deal as your plans changed due to the delay in your visa decision.

All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nikkyshyne(f): 5:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
Hello house. Please if my intended date to leave the UK was say saturday and i decide to leave the next day sunday (a day extra) does it matter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2017
Lordcrixus:

Thanks Ekpotek, I hope my permit expiring July next year won’t be a deciding factor?

You are applying with a Nigerian passport. Your permit does not count, it only support your legal residence in another country and a proof to apply from that country.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
nikkyshyne:
Hello house. Please if my intended date to leave the UK was say saturday and i decide to leave the next day sunday (a day extra) does it matter?

No. An extra day would not count as a potential overstay.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2017
preciouschiomy:

Please what should I answer here about the cost of my trip, the total money I have for the trip, cost of accommodation , and how much of my income is giving to my family member

I am not working. My husband supports us financially (my son and i)
He rented a 2 bedrooms flat in the UK.

Not having a job could be an issue. Never underestimate the UKVI people. Although your application will be considered under EU laws, the ECO may likely go outside EU laws to apply UK immigration law and lack of financial home tie. Anyway just be honest and be hopeful. So filled as folllows
1. Nill
2. Nill
3. Entered the amount that your husband will provide for the entire trip. This should include tickets for two/shoping allowance etc
4. Enter the cost of your own ticket
5. Nill since you will be staying with him
6. Enter nil. your husband is expected to take care of your living expenses
7. Enter amount as in #2

Ensure that he sent the entire money to you and is reflected in your bank account. Most important include a detail cover letter to explain your financial circumstances to ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nikkyshyne(f): 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2017
ekpotek:

No. An extra day would not count as a potential overstay.
Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PreciousGemRubb: 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2017
Brightingsus:

Ok! Well, the most important sender's bank account is the one originating from the UK since that's where you are based. I am not sure 'GTB' will show in the deposit corner of your dad's statement. You can verify. I did the same for my mother inlaw. I was sending funds to my Nig account, then transferring to my mother inlaw. It was only my name that appeared on her statement, not my Nig account. Like I said, confirm.

As for money remittance, don't you have receipts for every transaction? You should. When you send money to Nig through Bureeu de change, individuals that run the business, or Azimo, you should always ask for receipts. The receipts will contain vital information like your name as the sender, your address in the UK, date of transaction, amount sent in GBP, exchange rate and amount in NGN to be received in Nigeria. I have all my receipts. The transactions on the receipts will bear the amount sent to Nigeria which amount in GBP will reflect in your UK bank statement.

I need you to verify a few things...
1. For how long did you send/have you been sending money to your dad through 'individuals'?
2. How many transactions have you done through Azimo?
3. Find out if 'GTB' shows under deposits in your dad's statements.
4. Why don't you have transaction receipts?

If it was last year then I will say I have receipt as I was still living in London but this year I moved outside london to a very quiet area...absolutely nothing there. So basically, I call and send the money to the person and receive the alert (different people though). I started using Azimo a month ago when I was really stucked and a friend told me about it.
Yes- it shows GTB/My name/ NIP under transaction details on my dad bank statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
nikkyshyne:

Nope
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:46pm On Oct 30, 2017
bellakay:
In the spirit of giving back, my visa got approved. Few weeks back, I asked about paying money into my account. Some people bluntly said No. I follow my instincts went ahead to pay the money. As Far, there’s inflow and outflow of transactions. I think you are good to go.
All I submitted at tls Abuja was
Introduction letter
Pay slip
Leave letter from my company
Statement of account
I applied along with my sister who is sponsoring the trip.

When was that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.