Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528480 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:43am On Apr 19, 2018
I don't see the wrong in Ekpotek's take dear Justwise and Chloe, no biggy. I have had to wait over half a year for decision on a Canadian visa application while having an ongoing building project that needed attention too, and it got the attention. Visa decision came in late and was approved despite having had the account drawn to less than 10k and increased sometimes above the balance one applied with on several occasions.

Of course one couldn't have had life on standstill na, couldn't even make the trip out after getting the visa till much more later sef because of the timing. That one spends the money in his account, whether on both tangible and intangible things doesn't mean travel plans have been scuttled or affected, let the visa come out, we will travel and still come back home, we all know our pockets, spending patterns and its workings. Just live your normal life, even if visa is denied and there's need to reapply, everything will still be healthy and okay as long as your presented account statement at the first wasn't unnecessarily stage-managed, particularly with borrowed funds.

I for one have a financial life style that is always healthy bank-statement wise, such that worse case scenario, a deliberate running of account for only one month will just regularise any shortcoming therein if there be any at all. Greetings!

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ajirapsy(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2018
Hello All,

Just a quick question: is it possible to renew a Nigerian passport in London, if the passport is yet to expire?

The reason i would like to renew is because my current passport expires in Jan. 2019 and i intend to visit Nigeria in Oct. 2018 for two weeks. I believe i should be able to enter my home country with a less than 6 months passport but not sure if i can return to the UK with the same passport - there would be roughly 2 months and a few days left when i return. I know i can renew it in Lagos but i don't want to leave it to chance. Things can be very unpredictable back home and i'm only coming home on annual leave, so i really can't afford any delays.

Also, i don't have a british passport yet incase you are wondering. I'm on a spouse visa in the UK which expires in Sept. 2019.

To the gurus in the house, over to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
ekpotek:

@Justwise. My advise is based on personal experiences. I have had situations to spend fund from my submitted bank account while waiting for a visa decision and it did not affect the outcome. The most important thing is have more than enough in your account in case the ECO want confirm with the bank if the supplied statement is genuine or fake. Beside, no bank has the right to reveal your bank balance to a third party without your consent or court order. If the OP need money to attend to pressing needs, then he’s free to access it, considering that some decisions on many visit visa take months.

OmoBendel24:
I don't see the wrong in Ekpotek's take dear Justwise and Chloe, no biggy. I have had to wait over half a year for decision on a Canadian visa application while having an ongoing building project that needed attention too, and it got the attention. Visa decision came in late and was approved despite having had the account drawn to less than 10k and increased sometimes above the balance one applied with on several occasions.

Of course one couldn't have had life on standstill na, couldn't even make the trip out after getting the visa till much more later sef because of the timing. That one spends the money in his account, whether on both tangible and intangible things doesn't mean travel plans have been scuttled or affected, let the visa come out, we will travel and still come back home, we all know our pockets, spending patterns and its workings. Just live your normal life, even if visa is denied and there's need to reapply, everything will still be healthy and okay as long as your presented account statement at the first wasn't unnecessarily stage-managed, particularly with borrowed funds.

I for one have a financial life style that is always healthy bank-statement wise, such that worse case scenario, a deliberate running of account for only one month will just regularise any shortcoming therein if there be any at all. Greetings!

That is not the same as spending the money budgeted for the trip, that is the vital point of my argument. If you have enough in your bank account then taking money from it does not means that you are spending the money budgeted for the trip.

So the point both of you made above is not really related to where I'm driving at.

If the embassy wants to know if you have spent the money in your account they can easily go around it legally and get the info from you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2018
justwise:

That is not the same as spending the money budgeted for the trip, that is the vital point of my argument. If you have enough in your bank account then taking money from it does not means that you are spending the money budgeted for the trip.

So the point both of you made above is not really related to where I'm driving at.

If the embassy wants to know if you have spent the money in your account they can easily go around it legally and get the info from you.

Of course one has signed off and given them powers to dig if they want to, mostly unknown to us. Even a simple request for a latest bank statement from applicants in order to conclude an application can expose an applicant, but your patterns of withdrawal and deposits over a period of time matters in their assessment even if your account goes red at a particular time and gets reloaded again during your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2018
ozymes:
How long did it take before you made the withdrawal from your account after statement submission?

My account have some standing orders, thus my account will automatically be debited as at when due. Beside I made a withdrawal the very next day after submission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
ajirapsy:
Hello All,

Just a quick question: is it possible to renew a Nigerian passport in London, if the passport is yet to expire?

The reason i would like to renew is because my current passport expires in Jan. 2019 and i intend to visit Nigeria in Oct. 2018 for two weeks. I believe i should be able to enter my home country with a less than 6 months passport but not sure if i can return to the UK with the same passport - there would be roughly 2 months and a few days left when i return. I know i can renew it in Lagos but i don't want to leave it to chance. Things can be very unpredictable back home and i'm only coming home on annual leave, so i really can't afford any delays.

Also, i don't have a british passport yet incase you are wondering. I'm on a spouse visa in the UK which expires in Sept. 2019.

To the gurus in the house, over to you.

Sure if you want to do it now. You can also renew it after you trip to Nigeria as the passport will still be valid.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ajirapsy(m): 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
Hello ekpotek,

I didn't know its possible to renew an unexpired passport that is not lost or stolen. Can anyone else please confirm this? @justwise

Also, not sure if you can enter the UK with a passport that has an expiry of less than 6 months.

ekpotek:

Sure if you want to do it now. You can also renew it after you trip to Nigeria as the passport will still be valid.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
ajirapsy:
Hello ekpotek,

I didn't know its possible to renew an unexpired passport that is not lost or stolen. Can anyone else please confirm this? @justwise

Also, not sure if you can enter the UK with a passport that has an expiry of less than 6 months.

You can ask for a renewal once validity is less than six months or if you intend making a trip in that period just like your case is, you may have to prove the oncoming trip some times though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:06pm On Apr 19, 2018
ajirapsy:
Hello ekpotek,

You are allowed to renew your passport if the validity is less than 6 months or there are no free pages for visa sticker. I have done two renewal within 2 years of passport expiration as there were no free pages left for visa stickers.

What you need to enter the UK is your Biometric Resident Permit if you have one or valid visa sticker on your passport expired or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 3:49pm On Apr 19, 2018
Modified
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smilz(m): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
@Ekpotek and Justwise

Good evening,
Please i have a bit of an issue. My mum gave birth to me at an early age without my dad so, i grew up bearing my grandparents name [her parents]. She later got married and had 2 kids for her husband [though late now]. So their surname is different from mine.

On my age declaration, it states my grandparents as my parents. Though grandad is late now.

Now i want to apply for visa [for my exam], if i mention my step brothers as my siblings, and redo another age declaration to input my biological mum as my mother;

1. Do i add a letter from my grandma stating she was my legal guardian?

2. I want to add the birth certificates of my siblings and mum. Is that okay? To serve as ties

3. My mum didn't change her name on her official documents after marriage so we kinda bare similar surname. Is this a problem?

4. Who gets to write the introduction letter for me? My mum or grandmum? Or both?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bogolobango(m): 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2018
@ekpotek are you saying embassies do not verify bank statements ? You said no banks have the right to give them applicants account balance so how do they verify it ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
smilz:
@Ekpotek and Justwise

Good evening,
Please i have a bit of an issue. My mum gave birth to me at an early age without my dad so, i grew up bearing my grandparents name [her parents]. She later got married and had 2 kids for her husband [though late now]. So their surname is different from mine.

On my age declaration, it states my grandparents as my parents. Though grandad is late now.

Now i want to apply for visa [for my exam], if i mention my step brothers as my siblings, and redo another age declaration to input my biological mum as my mother;

1. Do i add a letter from my grandma stating she was my legal guardian?

2. I want to add the birth certificates of my siblings and mum. Is that okay? To serve as ties

3. My mum didn't change her name on her official documents after marriage so we kinda bare similar surname. Is this a problem?

4. Who gets to write the introduction letter for me? My mum or grandmum? Or both?

Thanks.

If you have your grandparents names on your official documents like educational certificate etc. then you need to do a court affidavit to change your names and the changes must be published in a newspaper of it to have any legal binding. Now to your questions

1. Not necessary as it has nothing to do with you getting the visa.

2. Those are not viable Home ties. Homes ties is your present circumstances in Nigeria, wether they are strong and compelling enough make you return after your visit. This include years of employment, financial status, dependant like kids etc.

3. No

4. Either of them, but I am not sure if their introduction letter will carry any weight unless you are a minor ie less than 18 years old.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smilz(m): 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
ekpotek:

If you have your grandparents names on your official documents like educational certificate etc. then you need to do a court affidavit to change your names and the changes must be published in a newspaper of it to have any legal binding. Now to your questions

1. Not necessary as it has nothing to do with you getting the visa.

2. Those are not viable Home ties. Homes ties is your present circumstances in Nigeria, wether they are strong and compelling enough make you return after your visit. This include years of employment, financial status, dependant like kids etc.

3. No

4. Either of them, but I am not sure if their introduction letter will carry any weight unless you are a minor ie less than 18 years old.

Thanks Ekpotek. I was really worried. Yes my grandparents names are on my official document. I don't want to change that. Was just worried about my grandma's name acting to be my mum on my age declaration.

But thanks. I think i know how to go about it now.
Truly appreciate the prompt response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
bogolobango:
@ekpotek are you saying embassies do not verify bank statements ? You said no banks have the right to give them applicants account balance so how do they verify it ?

I have read a lot of refusal letters on the forum and I have not seen any, in which the ECO refer to verification of current account balance. In all the cases, the ECO refered to the balance in the tendered bank statement and date of submisstion. Have you ever visit a bank to request for account balance that is not you own? Will the bank obliged you? The embassy can only call your bank to verify if the bank statement you submitted is genuine or not and not the current balance. That’s the much they can do. That’s why embassy insist on signed bank statement. Only EFCC or ICPC or police has the power under Nigerian laws to access your bank account without your consent. This in itself require a court order.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 11:14pm On Apr 19, 2018
@justwise and ekpotek and other Gurus in the house

In the application form, I was asked if I have been refused UK visa within the past 10 years.

I actually replied "No" because the last time I applied to UK was like 14 years ago of which I was refused a student visa.

Pls house, tell me if am in order cos am about to submit my application. Am trying to avoid any misrepresentation issue from the ECO.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijele140: 1:39am On Apr 20, 2018
Greetings everyone. Please I want to travel to the UK for a conference. I am an award winner and the prize money is to be used for the conference ($5,000) I'm staying for 4 days. The award covers flight, accomodation, feeding and ground travels. I'm employed but I don't earn much monthly (50k). What do I need to successfully secure a Visa. Thank you for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 6:14am On Apr 20, 2018
In the application form, I was asked if I have been refused UK visa within the past 10 years.
I actually replied "No" because the last time I applied to UK was like 14 years ago of which I was refused a student visa.
Pls house, tell me if am in order cos am about to submit my application. Am trying to avoid any misrepresentation issue from the ECO.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by newsheriffintown: 7:55am On Apr 20, 2018
Please I will like to know if there is a sponsorship or free tuition for physically disable international student for b.s.c in any of the English speaking western country

OR his there any kind of program for disable student to access free education or less tuition fee

my parents dont have much money to spend and am not the only child but i can raise 100k ,the problem right now his maybe i get admission how do I pay for tuition because I don't see how my parent would be able to fund me

right now I have my waec and the schools in Nigeria are not wheelchair friendly and job after school is almost impossible

Please any of the guru should help a brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 20, 2018
newsheriffintown:
Please I will like to know if there is a sponsorship or free tuition for physically disable international student for b.s.c in any of the English speaking western country

OR his there any kind of program for disable student to access free education or less tuition fee

my parents dont have much money to spend and am not the only child but i can raise 100k ,the problem right now his maybe i get admission how do I pay for tuition because I don't see how my parent would be able to fund me

right now I have my waec and the schools in Nigeria are not wheelchair friendly and job after school is almost impossible

You can use the internet to search for this opportunity you want, to see if any like that exists and if it does You can read the requirements and see if you fit in.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 20, 2018
kprake9:
Thanks
You can use the additional information box on the last page to explain this .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluwa234: 8:49am On Apr 20, 2018
Check the scandinavian countries. I however doubt that they are disability friendly. At least i am certain that Norway isn't but people who are disabled survive somehow. On the other hand you may want to explore opportunities in other places e.. Australia. Like someone mentioned, you need to spend time on the internet and if in doubt send mails to and institution you are interested in.

newsheriffintown:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijele140: 9:31am On Apr 20, 2018
Hello everyone please I need to attend a conference in the UK by may ending. I am a grant winner and the fund MOST be used to attend a conference anywhere in the world. I chose a conference in the UK because it's of interest to me. The grant is $5000. I am employed but I don't earn much(50k), the grant money has been paid into my Dom account. I have registered for the conference but haven't paid yet. The sponsors have booked the flights themselves and issued a letter to show that they are covering all expenses. I'm staying for 4days. Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 9:40am On Apr 20, 2018
chloe00:

You can use the additional information box on the last page to explain this .

Is it really necessary, when it was stated that for the last 10 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 9:42am On Apr 20, 2018

Thanks

Pls I need more opinions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 20, 2018
kprake9:

Is it really necessary, when it was stated that for the last 10 years
It’s better to come clean with all your cards, it won’t hurt to mention it, actually you’re the same person bothered about misrepresentation so why are you asking if it’s necessary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 10:18am On Apr 20, 2018
chloe00:

It’s better to come clean with all your cards, it won’t hurt to mention it, actually you’re the same person bothered about misrepresentation so why are you asking if it’s necessary

I think I agree with you now
Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 10:29am On Apr 20, 2018
chloe00:

I have signed the declaration form. That means I have to fill another form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijele140: 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ijele140:
Hello everyone please I need to attend a conference in the UK by may ending. I am a grant winner and the fund MOST be used to attend a conference anywhere in the world. I chose a conference in the UK because it's of interest to me. The grant is $5000. I am employed but I don't earn much(50k), the grant money has been paid into my Dom account. I have registered for the conference but haven't paid yet. The sponsors have booked the flights themselves and issued a letter to show that they are covering all expenses. I'm staying for 4days. Please help
help with this please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
kprake9:

I have signed the declaration form. That means I have to fill another form
Whichever pleases you though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ijele140:
help with this please
Fill the form and explain all these and other additional information you think may help your application in the form in the form accordingly , you’ll be alright

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.