Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1527864 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 2:50pm On May 08, 2018
obioraop:
Hello,

I am on the verge of completing my UK business visa renewal my question is after paying on the visa4uk.fco.gov.uk do i still have to pay during my interview and submission date at the TSL center, and if so how much do i have to pay.

what are the checklist and documents i need to submit to fulfill the visa application, i would appreciate if i get this checklist.

Thanks
Except you intend to use any of their value added services like walk in, VIP, priority which are all optional, you don't have to pay any other fee at the VAC, as per the documents, I believe a checklist would have been sent to you at one point in your application as related to your visa category, but aside the documents relating to your visa category, you go with a printed copy of the email for your appointment, email confirming payment, your printed completed application. Someone advised me to have passport photos with white background with me but it was never used.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 4:12pm On May 08, 2018
askari01:

be careful and dont rush things, In ur application , you were asked a simple but trickish question that will you be travelling with anyone and you said...NO. my advice for you is to go alone first and return to nigeria.... after that you have no wahala. apply for your fsmz yhen

Bros, its been a while, i don miss you i no go lie grin, try come to online make we gist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obioraop(m): 4:33pm On May 08, 2018
sutelk:

Except you intend to use any of their value added services like walk in, VIP, priority which are all optional, you don't have to pay any other fee at the VAC, as per the documents, I believe a checklist would have been sent to you at one point in your application as related to your visa category, but aside the documents relating to your visa category, you go with a printed copy of the email for your appointment, email confirming payment, your printed completed application. Someone advised me to have passport photos with white background with me but it was never used.

i will be using the super priority visa application, i just want to be sure that i wont have to pay anything at the center,
am drawing up an estimate and as such dont want to under prepare for any extra charge
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 6:20pm On May 08, 2018
sutelk:
Please when do they start counting the 15 working days for processing applications? Is it when application is submitted at the Visa application centre or when the application is received at Sheffield? Thanks.
please can anyone help with this!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:31pm On May 08, 2018
sutelk:

please can anyone help with this!

After application is submitted at the VAC. Work days are Mondays to Fridays, excluding public and embassy holidays....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 6:42pm On May 08, 2018
OmoBendel24:

After application is submitted at the VAC. Work days are Mondays to Fridays, excluding public and embassy holidays....
My application was received at Sheffield a week after my biometrics at the Visa application centre, when does the 15 working day count start, is it after biometrics at VAC or after application is received at Sheffield?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:52pm On May 08, 2018
sutelk:

My application was received at Sheffield a week after my biometrics at the Visa application centre, when does the 15 working day count start, is it after biometrics at VAC or after application is received at Sheffield?

After VAC, before Sheffield....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 7:24pm On May 08, 2018
OmoBendel24:

After VAC, before Sheffield....
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 11:06pm On May 08, 2018
Hello house please quick question. Is it possible to apply for UK 2years tourist visa at first application? And how much is d visa fee? I have a valid Canada and south Africa visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hageebola101: 12:09am On May 09, 2018
stephenwa:
Abeg Make una Help Me oo !!

(1) What are the chances of granting 2 weeks UK visiting visa to a self employ that does not have register company but running Trading business very well with good personal savings account Balance
of 7.4m and 4,600 USD account Balance as well..Fix deposit of 2m Since January...Landed property of 3.5 m.
I have been to Indonesia 2x for business Trip And still have my business invitation to Indonesia..Malaysia for vacation once.
But i am still Single for now ..Is it possible to be granted 2 weeks visiting visa with the above circumstances?

Please house, help address this issue.

I intend visiting on May 5th and return back on 15th of Ma.

Please House, your attention is highly needed in this regards.

@justwise and @ekpotek plz can u kindly give a response and solution to anyone who fall in this category
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 6:29am On May 09, 2018
Hello gurus in the house.
Please, I need urgent answers. I'm applying for a visitors visa. my friend in London will be sending me iv and hotel reservations, he's actually the one I'm going to stay with for six months. Please, I want to know the amount I should have in my bank statement and other necessary documents to boost my chances. Thanks
PS: I'M on a 100k salary monthly as a class teacher in a private school.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:09am On May 09, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Hello house please quick question. Is it possible to apply for UK 2years tourist visa at first application? And how much is d visa fee? I have a valid Canada and south Africa visa.

Technically it is possible as it’s is the prerogative of the applicant to choice which visa category and duration. However, in practice you’re advised to start with 6 months and progress to 2 years, 5 years and utilmately 10 years. Only the ECO has the final say to approve. I have seen cases of approval for less visa duration than applied for. You travel history may count, but you must be a high profile personality well know locally and internationally to get 2 years UK visit visa at first attempt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:14am On May 09, 2018
hageebola101:

@justwise and @ekpotek plz can u kindly give a response and solution to anyone who fall in this category

Well your chances will depend on the purpose of your visit. If you got a business invitation by a business partner from the UK, then your chances are high. All you need is the required documentation to show that all this funds are yours and that you have paid taxes on them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:26am On May 09, 2018
Ndkings1:
Hello gurus in the house.
Please, I need urgent answers. I'm applying for a visitors visa. my friend in London will be sending me iv and hotel reservations, he's actually the one I'm going to stay with for six months. Please, I want to know the amount I should have in my bank statement and other necessary documents to boost my chances. Thanks
PS: I'M on a 100k salary monthly as a class teacher in a private school.

Why would you plan to visit and stay with a friend for six months? Do you realize how much it will cost him to accommodate and feed you for that duration. Would your employer in Nigeria permit you to be away for six month? What economic and social home ties do you have? Are you married, do you have kids? Do you have properties in Nigeria? Have you travel out of the country before? All these are assessed when issuing visit visa and not just your bank balance only. If you don’t your home work well and put in 6 months stay in your application, you will be refuse as this sound as a potential immigration intent.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Notes: 9:38am On May 09, 2018
Good morning guys, following my earlier post and your responses, I have the following questions:

1. To whom will the letter from my company be addressed?
2. Do I need booking confirmation from a hotel?
3. I use prepaid meter since January, will the previous bills be ok?
4. Once applied for USA visa 3 years back, denied without reason, is it necessary to disclose this in the application form?

Thanks
CC:
ekpotek , justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 9:39am On May 09, 2018
sutelk:
Please when do they start counting the 15 working days for processing applications? Is it when application is submitted at the Visa application centre or when the application is received at Sheffield? Thanks.

From biometrics at VAC. Ciao
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 9:49am On May 09, 2018
Notes:
Good morning guys, following my earlier post and your responses, I have the following questions:

4. Once applied for USA visa 3 years back, denied without reason, is it necessary to disclose this in the application form?

1. I usually use: British Deputy High Commission, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos. (I think any reasonable addressee will do: what matters more is the content.)
2. If you will stay in an hotel, you should include booking confirmation.
3. (I don't know: if you include it, you may include information that you now use prepaid meter and maybe add receipts of units purchases).
4. If you are asked in the form, fill it truthfully.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:21am On May 09, 2018
ekpotek:

Technically it is possible as it’s is the prerogative of the applicant to choice which visa category and duration. However, in practice you’re advised to start with 6 months and progress to 2 years, 5 years and utilmately 10 years. Only the ECO has the final say to approve. I have seen cases of approval for less visa duration than applied for. You travel history may count, but you must be a high profile personality well know locally and internationally to get 2 years UK visit visa at first attempt.

Ohhhh I understand. Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 11:08am On May 09, 2018
bigbus:

From biometrics at VAC. Ciao
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 11:31am On May 09, 2018
ekpotek:

The text in bold not true.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 11:35am On May 09, 2018
Notes:

Thanks
CC:
ekpotek , justwise

I don't understand why people now add utility bill to their application, did it just become a prerequisite? Cos I have never used it for any application before
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Notes: 4:55pm On May 09, 2018
bigbus:

1. I usually use: British Deputy High Commission, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos. (I think any reasonable addressee will do: what matters more is the content.)
2. If you will stay in an hotel, you should include booking confirmation.
3. (I don't know: if you include it, you may include information that you now use prepaid meter and maybe add receipts of units purchases).
4. If you are asked in the form, fill it truthfully.

thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Notes: 4:58pm On May 09, 2018
customised87:

I don't understand why people now add utility bill to their application, did it just become a prerequisite? Cos I have never used it for any application before

Thanks Though I guess it helps reduce what the ECO needs to verify.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 5:47pm On May 09, 2018
ekpotek:

Why would you plan to visit and stay with a friend for six months? Do you realize how much it will cost him to accommodate and feed you for that duration. Would your employer in Nigeria permit you to be away for six month? What economic and social home ties do you have? Are you married, do you have kids? Do you have properties in Nigeria? Have you travel out of the country before? All these are assessed when issuing visit visa and not just your bank balance only. If you don’t your home work well and put in 6 months stay in your application, you will be refuse as this sound as a potential immigration intent.
Thank you very much for your response.......
To your questions.
Firstly, I'm very single not even in any relationship or whatsoever and no kids.
Secondly, this is my first time of attempting to travel out of the country.
Thirdly, i have no tangible properties.
Fourthly, I do not understand what you mean by economic and social ties. Please, enlighten me.
To be honest with you my intention is to migrate, that's why I'm here to consult you gurus.
Fifthly, on the 6 months application, I also need your honest guidance. I wanted to choose six months because I thought that's the minimum period one can apply for.
Please help a brother.
Waiting for you response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hageebola101: 10:03pm On May 09, 2018
ekpotek:

Well your chances will depend on the purpose of your visit. If you got a business invitation by a business partner from the UK, then your chances are high. All you need is the required documentation to show that all this funds are yours and that you have paid taxes on them.

thanks so much for addressing the issue I got a wedding invite from my step brother and am requesting to visit for just 2 weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 11:21pm On May 09, 2018
ladylco:

Bros, its been a while, i don miss you i no go lie grin, try come to online make we gist

Ladyco-co-co-co... I dey see ur hand work everywhere, even saw a message from you... Work has bn gulping all my time ... but would try to be here once in a while... Kudo Ma'am...Miss you too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 11:26pm On May 09, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:

Hell No!!!. a day old baby cannot eat catfish pepper soup. Even if you have all the Visas in the world , you are still a first timer if applying for uk visa for the first time.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 11:38pm On May 09, 2018
askari01:

Hell No!!!. a day old baby cannot eat catfish pepper soup. Even if you have all the Visas in the world , you are still a first timer if applying for uk visa for the first time.

Lol noted. Thk u

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 12:32am On May 10, 2018
Ndkings1:

Thank you very much for your response.......
To your questions.
Firstly, I'm very single not even in any relationship or whatsoever and no kids.
Secondly, this is my first time of attempting to travel out of the country.
Thirdly, i have no tangible properties.
Fourthly, I do not understand what you mean by economic and social ties. Please, enlighten me.
To be honest with you my intention is to migrate, that's why I'm here to consult you gurus.
Fifthly, on the 6 months application, I also need your honest guidance. I wanted to choose six months because I thought that's the minimum period one can apply for.
Please help a brother.
Waiting for you response.

Your response indicate that you are trying to mislead the entry clearance officer by trying to get into the UK with a visit visa that is not valid for your intention.

If you are looking to migrate abroad, why not look into applying LEGALLY through a highly skilled migrant program in Canada which is currently accepting many skilled migrant.

Even if you get a UK visit visa for 6 month (very unlikely based on what you stated) and you decide to stay back in the UK, you will become an illegal immigrant and you'll be committing an offence.

You won't be able to get a job as no one will employ you without a valid working visa. And in case you even get a job (under g) without a visa, you are committing an offence and may be jailed or deported.

Don't do what you intend to do! I repeat...don't do it!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 6:00am On May 10, 2018
edmasta01:

Your response indicate that you are trying to mislead the entry clearance officer by trying to get into the UK with a visit visa that is not valid for your intention.

If you are looking to migrate abroad, why not look into applying LEGALLY through a highly skilled migrant program in Canada which is currently accepting many skilled migrant.

Even if you get a UK visit visa for 6 month (very unlikely based on what you stated) and you decide to stay back in the UK, you will become an illegal immigrant and you'll be committing an offence.

You won't be able to get a job as no one will employ you without a valid working visa. And in case you even get a job (under g) without a visa, you are committing an offence and may be jailed or deported.

Don't do what you intend to do! I repeat...don't do it!
I appreciate your response..... What I stated above about migrating using the visit visa is an oversight.
My friend is inviting me over for a 2 weeks visit. I intend to return after that period.
I just want to know what documents I need to apply with and funds.

On your suggestion to apply for the Canada work visa... I heard Canada is no longer accepting migrants due high influx in recent times. That's why I pulled out of it. But, I'll appreciate it if you could give me a link to do what you suggested.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:16am On May 10, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
It’s possible my first attempt was 2 years and I hadn’t even visited the USA then, only dubai about thrice

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jonwalker: 8:17am On May 10, 2018
Hello Everyone-

Please i am new to nairaland. Can anyone assist me with a school in UK i can apply to that can also get visa for student i am willing to pay all necessary fees to get this done

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.